PDA

View Full Version : Would you be okay with repeated locations?

ze_topazio
07-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Let's say they make a game in the Ottoman empire, there's no way they could skip Constantinople, or let's say the make a game in England in the time of Henry VIII and London is in the game, would that mean we would never get the much requested Victorian London? the French revolution could be a setting one day but what about the time of Louis XIV? can't we get both? let's say that a Connor sequel would feature again New York, Boston, the Frontier and the Homestead, would you be okay with that? What if they make a game in Italy again, would be nice to see Florence and Venice in a different time period? the Spanish golden age of the XVI century and the peninsular war in the XIX century, too much Spain? etc...

So, would you like/be okay with repeated cities and countries?

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I`m okay if they`re presented in different time periods...

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 07:09 PM
only after they cover other interesting locations.

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 09:09 PM

^Like he said :)

As for Connor, I'm happy with wherever he goes. ^_^

dxsxhxcx
07-25-2013, 10:14 PM

only after they cover other interesting locations.

this and....

IMO there should be a big gap (maybe 5 or 6 years) between the two games that'll have the same cities...

Wolfmeister1010
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I always had a fantasy where they would make a big DLC where all of the past cities were visit able, or at least the most popular ones. It would be amazing to explore them again with the upgraded graphics of more recent games

AC2_alex
07-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Never!

Wolfmeister1010
07-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Never!

Never say never

LoyalACFan
07-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Only in two scenarios would this be acceptable.

1. A sequel to a previously established Assassin which retains cities from his/her first game while also adding new ones

2. Revisiting the location in a totally different time period, like if they returned to Rome during the Roman Republic era

stingray110
07-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes, i would love to visit Constantinople again, especially during the Roman times, so much history for eastern locations that hasn't been tapped into. But i don't want to visit America again to be honest.

AdamPearce
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Never say never

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kCU5ArigPU/TZjgf18_uSI/AAAAAAAAABQ/sQ0ymNJwUoI/s320/justin_bieber_never_say_never06.jpg

oliacr
07-25-2013, 11:58 PM
I would like to see Consantinople again, during the reign of Suleiman I the Magnificent(1520-1566), and of course some places from the Ottoman Empire.
We know that Ezio died in 1524 so the main character would be, I don't know, Yusuf's son? :D:D LOL I WOULD LOVE THIS SETTING OMG.
Suleiman would be your friend, you'd get access to the Topkapi Palace(interior spaces rooms like harem, kitchen, garden, prison, court; historical figures such as - Pashas, Sultanas-valide, maids, servants, eunuchs, harem girls - you'd have friends in the janissary army... and your main mission to kill the templar kings, emperors who Suleiman was fought ( Louis II of Hungary, Charles V of HRE, Philippe Villiers de L'Isle-Adam - grand master of the knights hospitaller order from 1521 )
all in all, I would really love this

SixKeys
07-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Only in two scenarios would this be acceptable.

1. A sequel to a previously established Assassin which retains cities from his/her first game while also adding new ones

2. Revisiting the location in a totally different time period, like if they returned to Rome during the Roman Republic era

^ This. Old locations should be handled like Florence in ACB's Cristina memories, small and walled off. Then you could have a larger version of the same city in a totally different era.

Wolfmeister1010
07-26-2013, 02:13 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kCU5ArigPU/TZjgf18_uSI/AAAAAAAAABQ/sQ0ymNJwUoI/s320/justin_bieber_never_say_never06.jpg

Who's justin beiber

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Depends how it's used, for example I'd be fine with Ancient Rome.

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 02:29 AM
I don't know, maybe. I mean it depends on the story, the characters, the gameplay and everything related to it. I wouldn't want to revisit a place just for the sake of it but I'm okay with going back to Ital for example in Modern Day and seeing the places Ezio went to and all in modern day or perhaps a really really ancient period where the piece of land we're visiting is barely recognizable if at all.

Rugterwyper32
07-26-2013, 05:31 AM
While I'd be ok with repeated locations in cases where the place has seen very noticeable changes, I prefer the idea that if a geographic location is revisited in a different era we get different cities to represent it for the most part.
Say, for example, that we got Italy during the Napoleonic Wars. Venice again would be nice, yes, but I'd prefer if Milan was represented, for instance. Or Turin representing the Kingdom of Sardinia. That'd work.

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 05:41 AM
yes, if they are shown in totally different timme periods. Actually it would be quite refreshing, to see the cities develop across time. We have seen the dilapidated Rome in ACb. But how did it look at its apex? Intredasting!

Spider_Sith9
07-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Maybe. It'd be interesting to see the same locations as they look different in the past/future.

OSantaClownO
07-26-2013, 03:29 PM
As long as they are in different time periods and aren't main places in both times.

Lets say if we'll have an other game in Rome it would be a bummer.
But I enjoyed that we saw Masyaf as a main location at AC1 and a bit in ACR - it was refreshing and interesting,
Same as the Caribbean sea was introduced in AC3 as a minor location yet is a main location in ACIV.

Ureh
07-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm with the consensus.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Same location - different time period
I would love to live through the time where the Roman Coliseum thrived (about 80 AD)
How awesome would Titus be as an antagonist? I mean he did die fairly young with a "fever" ;D

ze_topazio
07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Most Roman Emperors were assassinated, not just Emperors, all kinds of important people were assassinated, we wouldn't run out of historical targets in an ancient Roman scenario.