PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed combine Total War. Action-adventure + strategy

AmunRaa2013
07-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here from Russia, I translate from Google.
I really love Assassin's Creed. I love to travel back in time (the first person), in virtual worlds that creates a Ubisoft. I love the detailed well conceived.
What I do not like it; I do not like to solve the puzzle. Although they may have a place but do not need to emphasis them.
I want something new; More historical cities. Large-scale historical battles.
I'm also a fan of Total War. I love the antique time. But I lack it, the game in the first person, granularity - tecture, patterns of people and cities, realistic battles.
In the general, I want Assassin's Creed but in Large-scale battles with strategy elements as Total War.
But I do not want to be tied down to one hero. I want to explore historical events, from all angles. For example, on the battlefield I'm fighting for the General of the Army and ordered the whole army, but I can also choose a simple legionary and start to fight.
Card companies need to do is Total War.
At the same time you also still be able to visit and see the city as a killer.
The game does not change but simply extended.

stingray110
07-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Too ambitious. I love Total War and Assassin's creed but to compile them into one really would be extraordinary. You can always dream :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
07-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't get how that'd be Assassins Creed anymore. Maybe a spin-off, but I'm not crazy for the idea sorry.

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 02:43 AM
If anything, I want a first person assassins creed. Parkour would be like in mirrors edge.

nomotog
07-24-2013, 03:44 AM
It would be a departure, but so is black flag. Also this was kind of promised and then not delivered in AC3. There was that mission where you "commanded" some troops by running between them and telling them when to fire. That was kind of lame, so we won't do that. You would be able to give basic orders to any unit you see (hey a new use for vantage points) telling them where to move and who to attack by way of different bird calls. About the same way you command your assassins. Then you could have extra abilities that you can use when you join in with a unit. Like having your engineers set up fortifications, or leading your cavalry in a charge. You could also just join in the fight by yourself taking out enemy troops or snipping the enemy commander to cause their army to lose moral. There are a hand full of games that have already done this, so I know it can be done.

You could bring back the assassin training. Something like you hand pick your Sargents and level them up so they gain new powers and abilities. One might gain the ability for their unit to charge over low walls and trenches. Another Sargent might give the ability to move through woods at full speed rather then half. Another Sargent might increase the ammo of your cannons. You could also extend this customization to your army as a whole. You could spend your money to buy unit of cavalry, or a few cannons. Maybe have a repeat of brotherhood where you buy different business and upgrade them to unlock new units. Renovate a horse stable and you can buy faster carvery for example.

Figuring out what to do between battles might be the hard part. Maybe a strategic map like in XCOM, but that isn't the best idea. I mean ideally it would be cool to fight enemy armies in the open world. Ambushing patrols and blowing up ammo depots in order to gain an advantage on the battle field. I think the scale might get out of hand if you want to include both your armies and the enemy armies in one huge map. Maybe you could manage by doing several large maps split up by loading screens. Like you could have the battle map, the city map. When your ready for the battle, you head to the battle map and command your army, but you could also go to the city map and do different actions to reduce the enemy power. Like assassinate the general in his bed rather then killing them on the battle field. It's the tricky part of this idea.

I think for setting we could revisit the revolutionary war in a new set of shoes. We already have the art assets. Maybe jump forward to the civil war so we can play with rockets and Gatling guns. I'd also be willing to bet there are a few other conflicts in between that could work.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 03:55 AM
It would be a departure, but so is black flag. Also this was kind of promised and then not delivered
No, BF is not a departure. It's NOTHING compared to what's proposed in this thread. BF has dedicated 40% of its gameplay to naval combat. That's it. That's not a departure. Just an addition. Also, when was this ever promised in AC3. ?

nomotog
07-24-2013, 04:26 AM
No, BF is not a departure. It's NOTHING compared to what's proposed in this thread. BF has dedicated 40% of its gameplay to naval combat. That's it. That's not a departure. Just an addition. Also, when was this ever promised in AC3. ?

What if if we only delicate 40% of the gameplay to big RTS battles. :P Well big battles where promised for AC3. They even included them. The problem was that the battles where lame. What is being purposed here is really just a non lame version of that one mission where you ride around a battle field commanding troops. Like how they took the sailing missions and expanded them into a full game. Who knows what they will end up doing with the franchise.

As a more general note, don't spoil the fun. I know it's unlikely that they will make an assassin's creed game based around TPRTS battles. You know it too, but it's fun to think about how such a game could work.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 04:30 AM
What if if we only delicate 40% of the gameplay to big RTS battles. :P Well big battles where promised for AC3. They even included them. The problem was that the battles where lame. What is being purposed here is really just a non lame version of that one mission where you ride around a battle field commanding troops. Like how they took the sailing missions and expanded them into a full game. Who knows what they will end up doing with the franchise.

As a more general note, don't spoil the fun. I know it's unlikely that they will make an assassin's creed game based around TPRTS battles. You know it too, but it's fun to think about how such a game could work.
same thing. That won't be a departure, I'm sorry, I did not mean to spoil your fun, I'm just not particularly crazy about an RTS AC. We did get big battles in AC3. We weren't promised anything about RTS battles. I'm more angry that the battles weren't as innovative or fun as what was shown in the E3 trailer.

Btw I hated the horse command mission and I wouldn't want to see anything like it again :|

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 04:55 AM
same thing. That won't be a departure, I'm sorry, I did not mean to spoil your fun, I'm just not particularly crazy about an RTS AC. We did get big battles in AC3. We weren't promised anything about RTS battles. I'm more angry that the battles weren't as innovative or fun as what was shown in the E3 trailer.

Btw I hated the horse command mission and I wouldn't want to see anything like it again :|

Oh you mean the concord one? Ooh that one was painfull D:

nomotog
07-24-2013, 04:59 AM

Your cool now. :P

I disliked the battles because they where just scripted set pieces rather then interactive battles. The horse command was nothing but a set of thinly veiled quick time events :S. (I don't want to see that repeated.) How would you have done the big battles?

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Your cool now. :P

I disliked the battles because they where just scripted set pieces rather then interactive battles. The horse command was nothing but a set of thinly veiled quick time events :S. (I don't want to see that repeated.) How would you have done the big battles?
Well, I would make the battlefield so much larger for one, so that it becomes more open to other options of transversal, like the horse in the trailer. I would also revamp the horse options. Add more to what you can do with the horse, so as to suit its use on the battlefield. Perhaps I'd add a dodge or defensive mechanic to balance the horse and non- horse approaches. Each would have its advantages and consequences.

Now that we have all that, the main component remains.....options. How many ways are there to transverse the field? What is each's consequences and advantages? Would you rather plow through the army like the trailer or avoid them? And to balance out the plowing army like trailer part, obviously you shouldn't be able to destroy the whole army, you need to dispatch the least amount of guards in the shortest time possible so that you won't be ganged up on. It'll use quick offensive and defensive maneuvers. I'd return the hook and run run maneuver, except without the hook, more varied animations and have it more fleshed out.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't get how that'd be Assassins Creed anymore. Maybe a spin-off, but I'm not crazy for the idea sorry.

Maybe what he is asking for, is for example a larger version of the den defense mechanic? Or like the Lexington and Concord missions in AC3 where you briefly commanded troops? Imagine for example our Assassin guy happens to be a general. So its not too difficult to imagine that in a few missions, or maybe in quite a few missions he gets to command his non-Assassin army in large battles with fleshed out mechanics. It would be an addition, just like naval missions are in AC4, with the core still comprising of you sneaking about and killing people, but once in a while, since your day job is being a general, you lead troops in battle in different situations, just like it is in AC4. :D

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Maybe what he is asking for, is for example a larger version of the den defense mechanic? Or like the Lexington and Concord missions in AC3 where you briefly commanded troops? Imagine for example our Assassin guy happens to be a general. So its not too difficult to imagine that in a few missions, or maybe in quite a few missions he gets to command his non-Assassin army in large battles with fleshed out mechanics. It would be an addition, just like naval missions are in AC4, with the core still comprising of you sneaking about and killing people, but once in a while, since your day job is being a general, you lead troops in battle in different situations, just like it is in AC4. :D
I'd love a more fleshed out and seamless combination between the horse command mechanic, cannon shooting mechanic and den defense.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 05:30 AM
I'd love a more fleshed out seemless, combination between the horse command mechanic, cannon shooting mechanic and den defense.

Now you get it. :D Its certainly possible, since they have already did it on an extremely small scale. And I think war can be portrayed from a third person view better than a top-down RTS-type view since you are in the midst of the battle, you get the feels of the battle. Think Ryse. I loved the feeling of actually being in the middle of a battle rather than giving commands from a heavenly position.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 05:36 AM
Now you get it. :D Its certainly possible, since they have already did it on an extremely small scale. And I think war can be portrayed from a third person view better than a top-down RTS-type view since you are in the midst of the battle, you get the feels of the battle. Think Ryse. I loved the feeling of actually being in the middle of a battle rather than giving commands from a heavenly position.
I can sometimes be a bit of a brick head :| sorry. I guess I'm just against this being 100% of the gameplay.

nomotog
07-24-2013, 05:45 AM
I can sometimes be a bit of a brick head :| sorry. I guess I'm just against this being 100% of the gameplay.

Ya we can buffer out the battles with the standard AC open world gameplay bundle. Fort assaults, ambushing patrols, buying and renovating properties. They could all also feed into the big battles in really organic ways. Like each patrol you take out means the enemy army can field fewer troops. And each building you renovate means your army can field more troops. I think I talked about this in my first post.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 05:49 AM

If Ubisoft is bent on pumping out an AC every year, the least they can do is to experiment with new things to keep it fresh, infact its indispensable. AC4 is taking a lot of crap for being a Pirate simulator, but atleast they are mixing things up, its better than being the same **** different day. Keeps the fatigue at bay for a little longer, atleast for me. So you get to be pirate assassin in this one, maybe a general assassin in a future one. And maybe a courtesan assassin in another one? :eek:

AmunRaa2013
07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
I want to clarify.
In a battle I can be an army general, a simple legionnaire, or cavalry. What I mean, become implanted in the any soldier and fight. And I can switch at any time to another character soldier.
In Total War is a good and simple system administration an army in battle, commands from a heavenly position.
On a map campaign I want to change the history, to found a city, build buildings. But this is only to change the story, I do not want to constantly deal with the construction and routine. At other times, it will make the AI​​. In Total War map campaign there are a lot of factions. I want free to change the faction is not starting a new game. So I can lead the Roman troops in Parthia, but will switch to the Parthians (stand behind Parthians) and repel the attack.
I can become a legionnaire and build a career to General. Or become a secret agent, assassin, saboteur, a diplomat, merchant, anywhere in the world. So traveling in time and viewed from different angles, anytime.
If you create a virtual world it will be more than just a game, it will be the beginning of the matrix. But I understand it takes a lot of space on your hard drive. Therefore, it may be an online game that was in the can constantly updated.
http://iplogger.ru/1TTc3.jpg