PDA

View Full Version : New gameplay!

Aphex_Tim
07-23-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTg_Nv_FpvM

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:22 PM
WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?!

Anyone else get the feeling they forgot to turn this to private?

Edit: Okay, wow, guess not. I thought this gameplay was confirmed to come out at Gamescom.

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 05:26 PM
This will suffice until we get the Havana demo.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Okay 1 more thing, that 720p encoding sucks balls.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:28 PM
WOW! :D Thank you Tim! xD

ArabianFrost
We're so spoiled this time. Next year with AC5, we're going to be complaining why the same amoint of gameplay isn't the same as AC4. Good thing AC4 HAS WAY TOO MANY things to show, so each video is unique. I like.

AidenPixxel
This must be ps3,right?or only 720p because of the huge video size

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 05:29 PM

Edit: Okay, wow, guess not. I thought this gameplay was confirmed to come out at Gamescom.

It's very very weird indeed. No one ever talked about it. Let's hope no one gets fired.

Shade_MG
07-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Okay 1 more thing, that 720p encoding sucks balls.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looked a little fuzzy.

Reyemla
07-23-2013, 05:31 PM
After he killed the captain and said, " We still have some crew to take out," and went to kill them, I was excited to see actual combat until he just killed him with his pistols. :(

egriffin09
07-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Looks like they really improved on the assassination contracts. :D Now to only hope they turn out that way in the actual game.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:41 PM
I have actually read about this demo.

Source: Steinman, Gary (2013) 'Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Horizon Gameplay Demo', Ubi Blog, 11 June 2013.
Available at: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-horizon-gameplay-demo-preview/

This must be the demo they wrote this for. :) I have seen the last part, on the island, before.

egriffin09
07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm going to love collecting those pirate songs.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Silly encoding ruining the beautiful graphics :(

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 05:47 PM
I just watched the whole 13 minutes......The many times we could use stealth, the crew cheering you when you get on, the cool environmental assassination, the stealth again, the soundtrack, the atmosphere, the storms that are not just a distraction but a tactical tool, THE DOLPHINS, the shanties, the stealth again. It's just too damn beautiful. F*ck caution. These guys were generous enough to show us about an hour of gameplay and still to come. Last year we got only 20 minutes. It's really difficult right now to not believe them.

The non-linearity though........oh dayum that was just awesome."Now that's a sandbox" indeed.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Yo M, they showed a random event, or what seemed to be a random event. Thoughts?

pirate1802
07-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Damn man, this looks awesome O.o The seamlessness between the land and sea parts, the nonlinearity, the environments, the events happening around you.. its tough not to be excited. :/

Oh and dat music..

ctuagent15
07-23-2013, 05:51 PM

No this is the full E3 demo, if you read this ubiblog about the E3 demo you'll see its this demo.
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-horizon-gameplay-demo-preview/

Edit: I see Ladyleen beat me to it
We got an edited version of it a few ago

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Yo M, they showed a random event, or what seemed to be a random event. Thoughts?

At this moment, M can pretty much forget about asking for random events. The awesome atmosphere we've been shown pretty much negated any need for random events.

When you say Random events, are you talking about the hostages or fighting ships? At this point, everything seems organic.
Sorry M. It's not personal at all.

Reyemla
07-23-2013, 05:54 PM
It looks like the Assassin HQ icon isn't the Assassin HQ but where we pick up assassination contracts. I guess that means there's only one in the world unless you have to actually be in Havana/Nassau/Kingston to see the other ones, which makes sense.

Reyemla
07-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Also, it looks like they added in the icons for the cities. There is an H, an N, and a K in a badge for an icon exactly where the cities should be. But there's also an O, a C, and a P in the same way. I guess the C is the Cayman Islands, but the other ones?

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
And Look what I got back about random events :D

https://twitter.com/Arun_1910/status/359717040124215296

Mr_Shade
07-23-2013, 06:10 PM
It's very very weird indeed. No one ever talked about it. Let's hope no one gets fired.
lol Ubisoft CAN sometimes have secrets you know...

Catkiller and others don't ALWAYS find the leaks ;)

This is officially released, so spread the love ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ppfJ9Mv71Y

ze_topazio
07-23-2013, 06:12 PM
That does look great.

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 06:13 PM
And Look what I got back about random events :D

https://twitter.com/Arun_1910/status/359717040124215296

What's this "capture" random event? Please say it's land based cause this would be heartwarming.

catkiller97
07-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Nvm

lothario-da-be
07-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Its becoming hard to not get hyped :s, never thought i would feel this for an ac game so soon afther ac3. I hope the game will deliver this quality.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 06:17 PM
What's this "capture" random event? Please say it's land based cause this would be heartwarming.

It meant "captured prisoner" random event :)

ACfan443
07-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Dat ambient music, so glad it's back, and so beautiful it is. Wasn't a fan of the combat music though, too Hollywood. The world looks amazing but I'm still going to remain cautious, a lot of the stuff could still be taken out.

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 06:19 PM
It meant "captured prisoner" random event :)

Oh the hostage mission. I loved that, especially the stealth part. Awesome news.

SamBushen24
07-23-2013, 06:21 PM
lol Ubisoft CAN sometimes have secrets you know...

Catkiller and others don't ALWAYS find the leaks ;)

This is officially released, so spread the love ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ppfJ9Mv71Y

If it was ok to kiss you at this point would it be deemed strange or completely normal?!

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 06:25 PM
If it was ok to kiss you at this point would it be deemed strange or completely normal?!

At this point, the whole AC crew from devs to mods deserve some gratitude. Thanks, guys.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 06:46 PM
At this point, the whole AC crew from devs to mods deserve some gratitude. Thanks, guys.

Yeah I just told Ashraf he was pretty much a God.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2013, 06:53 PM
For those worried about textures /compression - I'm going to the office next month sometime - I will have a close up look for you ;)

x___Luffy___x
07-23-2013, 06:57 PM
just watched it. very nice :D so it was part of the closed door demo they showed at E3.

quality was nt that good like the previous one though. thanks to the devs for showing the demo :)

dex3108
07-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Only thing that i don't like is foliage on islands while we are free roaming with boat. Also i have noticed that in synchronizing part. Foliage in distance is really not that good.

luckyto
07-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Yeah. This is totally awesome stuff.

It's the first gameplay that really shows ACTUAL GAMEPLAY without being edited. It's completely seamless from Assassination Contracts to a naval battle to piloting through a storm to finding treasure and using stealth and free-running mechanics to scale a temple. It's amazing.

LOVE IT!

Mr_Shade
07-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Only thing that i don't like is foliage on islands while we are free roaming with boat. Also i have noticed that in synchronizing part. Foliage in distance is really not that good.
Level of detail on distant objects is always something that has to be lowered at distance, even on top PC hardware, sometimes it's optimised at distance.

Hopefully any pop up should be acceptable on your chosen hardware..

PaCmAn0894
07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
This gameplay is so awesome i think i should buy some sleeping pills cant wait until the realase im not going to sleep until the realase day :) somebody please recommend me some good games to play so i can spend my time until ac black flag.

dex3108
07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Level of detail on distant objects is always something that has to be lowered at distance, even on top PC hardware, sometimes it's optimised at distance.

Hopefully any pop up should be acceptable on your chosen hardware..

I know :D I know how video engine works and i don't expect 3D foliage with unlimited LOD, but from gameplay videos foliage is not that good. Far Cry 3 did that part really good from ground perspective but from air not so much. But hay we have cats in AC4 that is good thing. :D

Elebro2011
07-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Any thought's on when we will see TRUE combat and underwater world?

Jexx21
07-23-2013, 07:31 PM
I hope that next year's game will be just as good and have Connor in it as the main protagonist.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I hope that next year's game will be just as good and have Connor in it as the main protagonist.

I love your thinking! xD

PaCmAn0894
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
well i hope that the next gameplay will show us the underwater world and i really want to see more combat moves.

Jexx21
07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I just feel that if next year's game is a Connor game and isn't as good as Black Flag seems like it will be (and if it does turn out the way it seems), that Connor would have been gyped.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Any thought's on when we will see TRUE combat and underwater world?

I wish I knew. I would love to see how ACIV works underwater too. They have released some new underwater screenshots, but I'm thinking it could be a while as it is one of the newest things to AC. Then they probably don't want to reveal everything and want to keep us hooked. :)

I just feel that if next year's game is a Connor game and isn't as good as Black Flag seems like it will be (and if it does turn out the way it seems), that Connor would have been gyped.

Yeah, I know what you mean. ACIV looks amazing. As for ACIII, people love or hate it. It's not Connor's fault if the game mechanics weren't what everyone wished for.

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Amazing :D! Liked the assassination mission, real cool how you moved from land to sea. Free aiming looks very solid and will be a great addition. World is freaking stunning, great! Storms, whales, dolphins, sea battles, the naval portion will be pretty epic me thinks.

One thing I worry about is that it seems like you can't swim underwater at all in none diving-bell areas. I think that would be a shame if true. They don't need to have that much wildlife close to shore (and none at open sea), but it would be cool to be able to swim under the Jackdaw. Or perhaps under a ship you are about to board and climb the opposite side for a suprise attack.

silvermercy
07-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Cool video!!
I wish the 720 quality was a bit better though so I could enjoy it more...

One thing I worry about is that it seems like you can't swim underwater at all in none diving-bell areas. I think that would be a shame if true. They don't need to have that much wildlife close to shore (and none at open sea), but it would be cool to be able to swim under the Jackdaw. Or perhaps under a ship you are about to board and climb the opposite side for a suprise attack.
That'd be desirable, yes.

I also wonder if we'll be able to see any tropical fish. It'd be a shame if we couldn't... Poisonous fish, too (such as puffer fish).

Mr_Shade
07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
who knows.. :)

i'm sure I saw some AO {Ambient Occulsion} / Shadows on the crabs this time...

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 08:21 PM
That'd be desirable, yes.

I also wonder if we'll be able to see any tropical fish. It'd be a shame if we couldn't... Poisonous fish, too (such as puffer fish).

Yeah it would be cool if we could extract poison from both landliving creatures and fish. I'm surre there are plenty of fish in the dedicated diving areas, but not sure if we can interact with the small, none-shar, ones.

When you see those beaches and the water you just want to jump in and swim :).

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
who knows.. :)

i'm sure I saw some AO {Ambient Occulsion} / Shadows on the crabs this time...

Maybe you know (at least after you have visited the crib) :). It freaks me out that they cut the vid at 13:26, just when Edward is in deeper water. I need to know if he could have continued to swim.

Subject J80
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
How do I get over the no holsters thing, and weapons just hanging from Edward. The amount of detail in the world but not on the main character. I just can't get past it.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Maybe you know (at least after you have visited the crib) :). It freaks me out that they cut the vid at 13:26, just when Edward is in deeper water. I need to know if he could have continued to swim.
Think it was said, you can only dive at specific spots.. ones with the diving bells etc.. so I suspect that also means below the surface.

I don't think that has changed..

If they mapped the whole ocean under the waves, that would be pretty expansive..

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 08:30 PM
One thing I worry about is that it seems like you can't swim underwater at all in none diving-bell areas. I think that would be a shame if true.

I don't want to put your hopes up, but... maybe in some areas they will have something like in AC: Liberation. I don't know if you have played it, but Aveline could dive underwater in caves. Then she had a breathing bar like in TR and got air from air pockets.

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Think it was said, you can only dive at specific spots.. ones with the diving bells etc.. so I suspect that also means below the surface.

If they mapped the whole ocean under the waves, that would be pretty expansive..

My thinking was that the ocean is so deep so you can't see the bottom. The ocean would just be a body of water with some wildlife spawning. I think the ocean floor is what would take an enormous effort to build. Close to land you would ofc be able to see the bottom, but that you can in the vids shown too.

I don't want to put your hopes up, but... maybe in some areas they will have something like in AC: Liberation. I don't know if you have played it, but Aveline could dive underwater in caves. Then she had a breathing bar like in TR and got air from air pockets.

No I haven't played it, don't own a VITA. Interesting, maybe then?

ProletariatPleb
07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
"One thing I worry about is that it seems like you can't swim underwater at all in none diving-bell areas. I think that would be a shame if true."

I thought they already confirmed that was the case?

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 08:42 PM
"One thing I worry about is that it seems like you can't swim underwater at all in none diving-bell areas. I think that would be a shame if true."

I thought they already confirmed that was the case?

Yeah maybe. I thought that confirmation was hard to interpret, because it wasn't clear if they meant:

1) You can only use the diving bell at dedicated locations.
2)The only way to dive at all is using the diving bell at dedicated locations.

There could be two types of diving. Deepwater using the diving bell and sort of more swim underwater from the surface. However given the footage shown I guess you can only do the former.

True_Assassin92
07-23-2013, 09:15 PM

That's true, it would be expansive! But if the creators of far cry can pull it off and some of them are working on the ac title too...they could make it work :P

Wolfmeister1010
07-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I am really digging this! The stealth looks a lot better. Also, I really like the free aim system, although I wonder how they place the buttons for it to work without it feeling extremely uncomfortable, that is if y/triangle is still shoot. The rag doll physics seems to be better too. When the guy got shot in the head, he actually fell down immediately with force from the shot instead of clutching his gut and slowly sinking to the ground. Lastly, the civilians seem to be much more realistic. When Edward caved in that guys skull at the bar, they actually scream and look shocked, instead of just gasping and jogging away. The guard AI looks better too. In AC3, when whistling behind a corner, the guard would immediately turn on his heels and walk towards you. But in this game, the enemies look around in surprise, and take out their sword in anger before stalking towards you.

Overall, this is shaping up to be an amazing game. If there is ONE thing I am concerned about, it is how the sails still magically disintegrate when the enemy ships are disabled.

ProletariatPleb
07-23-2013, 09:21 PM
That's true, it would be expansive! But if the creators of far cry can pull it off and some of them are working on the ac title too...they could make it work :P
You're comparing the water in Far Cry 3 to AC4's scale of ocean?

DisbandedBox359
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
This gameplay is so awesome i think i should buy some sleeping pills cant wait until the realase im not going to sleep until the realase day :) somebody please recommend me some good games to play so i can spend my time until ac black flag.

Think it might be too soon to start my road to ACIV playthrough of all the games haha

monster_rambo
07-23-2013, 10:03 PM
This is everything ACIII should be. Looks good so far.

egriffin09
07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but AC4 looks like the perfect mix between AC 2 & AC 3.

ACfan443
07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't get this forum, we've had new gameplay and we're only at page 7. There's nearly a thousand people viewing it which is a lot higher than most forums, why is it so inactive?

monster_rambo
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't get this forum, we've had new gameplay and we're only at page 7. There's nearly a thousand people viewing it which is a lot higher than most forums, why is it so inactive?

Not everyone replies to these threads and not everyone is active at this moment. Besides, this is not exactly brand new.

Jexx21
07-23-2013, 10:15 PM
wait... Moster_Rambo is FrankieSatt?

Everything makes sense now...

ACfan443
07-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Not everyone replies to these threads and not everyone is active at this moment. Besides, this is not exactly brand new.

I know, but generally there's very little activity. There're other forums which have half the viewers yet their threads are constantly updating like mad

NondairyGold
07-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Because a lot of you guy's are in a click, and tend to ignore us noob's!!! Just sayin :)

monster_rambo
07-23-2013, 10:20 PM

****...my disguise is blown.

jsmithy28694
07-23-2013, 10:25 PM
is anyone else confused or is it just me. can we swim underwater when ever we want or just at certain points ?

NondairyGold
07-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking you can swim where ever you want, but you can only dive at certain dive spots.

SamBushen24
07-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Don't forget guys there is also the stealth swim button, maybe that allows us to go underwater a few feet, again I reckon the camera angle will still be the same and not an underwater camera, but least he may go underwater a little bit!

lightlamp
07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
I really don't understand how Ubi can have the British ships have the Union flag on the top but then the English flags all around it. How very inaccurate

JimmySaysUDie
07-24-2013, 12:03 AM
I assume you are referring to the sails on the British ships (white with red cross), this could simply be to identify them from the Spanish ships, but you are right, it's inaccurate historically.

FrankieSatt
07-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Actually after watching this, it isn't a bad looking Pirate Ship simulator. I just might have to get this when it hits the bargain bin at Gamestop, which won't be long after the game is released and for what it will be.... a Pirate Ship Simulator.

FrankieSatt
07-24-2013, 12:31 AM

Like HELL I AM. Trust me, I'm not Moster_Rambo. Not even close.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Trust me,
Oomph. Tough

monster_rambo
07-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Oomph. Tough

He is my doppleganger. He is always in denial. He's just jealous that he is inferior to me.

SixKeys
07-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Dolphins!! That bit made me ridiculously excited. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

I like the crew cheering whenever you get on board, the numerous ways to complete a mission (like in the twins contract) and just having stuff to do. AC3 is looking more and more like an unfinished demo for a much better game.

Freeing the hostages reminded me of the recruiting in ACB, where it was also possible for the prisoners to get killed, but here the threat is more immediate which I like. The only thing I miss is having them talk to Edward, like the recruits used to thank Ezio for saving them and pledged their lives to his cause. It's a bit weird to save people from certain death and neither party says anything, yet somehow there's a mutual understanding that they're going to join your crew.

If this demo is an indication of the final game, aerial kills when nobody sees you no longer alert the whole island. Thank God.

The only thing that bugged me - apart from the silent hostages - was how quickly the storm seemed to rise, it was pretty much instant. In AC3 weather at sea was tied to missions, but at least it was more gradual which felt more realistic.

I wish they hadn't released the gameplay trailer a few weeks ago. All this would have been so much more impressive if we hadn't already seen half of the footage before. I'm actually considering going dark soon, I feel like I've seen enough of the game and don't want any more surprises spoiled. I just don't know if I can make myself go dark before the Havana demo...

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 12:52 AM
He is my doppleganger. He is always in denial. He's just jealous that he is inferior to me.
Your description is accurate. I believe you.

FrankieSatt
07-24-2013, 01:02 AM

I'm not in denial, I'm a realist. I have open eyes, not rose colored glasses and ready to kiss everyone's butt just to fit in.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm not in denial, I'm a realist. I have open eyes, not rose colored glasses and ready to kiss everyone's butt just to fit in.
Awwwwwww, it's forming a personality.

Cornik22
07-24-2013, 01:17 AM
I assume you are referring to the sails on the British ships (white with red cross), this could simply be to identify them from the Spanish ships, but you are right, it's inaccurate historically
As I have said before, the spanish flags are also inaccurate. The red-yellow-red flag seen in the game was introduced in 1785.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2niodgi.png
The flags we should be seeing in this period are the Cross of Burgundy (symbol of the spanish empire) and Phillip V's first bourbonic flag (in use between 1701 and 1748). If we can figure this out in minutes, how could they mess it up?
http://i44.tinypic.com/f0nb4m.jpg
It gets even worse with the huge red lion that I've seen in the sails of the spanish ships. That lion represents the Kingdom of Leůn, which joined the Kingdom of Castile (represented by a castle) in 1230. Why is that important? Because since then, both symbols (the lion and the castle) are always represented together as seen below, ALWAYS, no matter what. You can't use one without using the other.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2heyicg.jpg
Everyone in Spain knows that, and if they keep it the same in the final version, they're going to piss off a lot of people because that is disrespectful to our history and culture. Sooo that's what happens when you don`t do enough research: you can potentially annoy a lot of people :(

ctuagent15
07-24-2013, 01:19 AM
I really don't understand how Ubi can have the British ships have the Union flag on the top but then the English flags all around it. How very inaccurate
The flag on the mast is accurate, its called the White Ensign, it's the flag all Royal Navy ships fly, as for way they've put the English flag on the sails, I guess it's a case of gameplay over historic accuracy, as in to make it easier to identify different nations ships.

I'm happy they've got the White Ensign on the mast now because in the last gameplay video it was the English flag up there

Heres a link to the wiki page about the White Ensign http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George%27s_Ensign

nomotog
07-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Can we pick up and hide bodies? I see we have the option to loot them, but no pick up. I hope that isn't the case because there is only so much to do with stealth when we can't hide the bodies.

Kaschra
07-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Oh my god, this was great! The world they built looks so beautiful, and all the stuff you can do... I hope it will stay in the game.
The assassination contracts finally look great again.

Edward can swim with dolphins! :D

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 02:40 AM

...what?

luckyto
07-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Dolphins!! That bit made me ridiculously excited. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

I like the crew cheering whenever you get on board, the numerous ways to complete a mission (like in the twins contract) and just having stuff to do. AC3 is looking more and more like an unfinished demo for a much better game.

Freeing the hostages reminded me of the recruiting in ACB, where it was also possible for the prisoners to get killed, but here the threat is more immediate which I like. The only thing I miss is having them talk to Edward, like the recruits used to thank Ezio for saving them and pledged their lives to his cause. It's a bit weird to save people from certain death and neither party says anything, yet somehow there's a mutual understanding that they're going to join your crew.

If this demo is an indication of the final game, aerial kills when nobody sees you no longer alert the whole island. Thank God.

Dolphins, yes!

I thought most of the same things... it was a very very good demo. And one that makes AC3 look like a demo.

On a different note, I just don't get fans sometimes. Underwater diving everywhere, across the whole ocean... I mean... really? Do you even know what you are asking for? And is underwater swimming even important AT ALL to an Assassin's Creed game? It's ASSASSIN'S Creed, not Jaques Cousteau Creed. It's always these nitpickity things. Like holsters. It's not a practical use of development --- especially when you look at AC3 and realize that they didn't even finish half the story missions, much less the side missions. I mean, I'd like to see the sails crumble and not disintegrate ... but it's not a show-stopper. It's not nearly as important as combat, stealth, free running mechanics, the controls, the menu system, the maps and environments, well tested missions, etc. .Let's just hope the game works and is fun to play, and the main character isn't a complete one-dimensional bore.

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 02:47 AM
So, they did separate run-throughs of the demo missions for this video and the seven minute video.

In this one, they finish up the Twin Dillema contract first, and then go after Misteriosa. It's the other way around in the one we previously got.

I prefer to watch the videos in the order of 13 minute gameplay first, then the 7 minute gameplay experience video, then I'm guessing the Havanna demo, and then the plantation one.

Speaking of the plantation demo, is that coming later this week, or next week, or something? Havana is coming in about 3 weeks... maybe the plantation demo will come after the Havana one, because they gave us this demo today and they revealed it at E3, over a month ago.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 02:52 AM
and the main character isn't a complete one-dimensional bore.
Like Ezio.

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Like Ezio.

Oooohhhhh *gets popcorn and chair*

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Oooohhhhh *gets popcorn and chair*
Please, do enjoy the show.

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Please, do enjoy the show.

"It is obvious that ezio is better than Connor because ezio has gotten laid. Argument ended"

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 03:09 AM
I love all of the characters.

My favorite right now is Connor, and I have a feeling that Edward will be my second favorite.

It seems like they are giving each character a signature weapon now. Connor has his tomahawk and bow, Edward has his dual cutlasses, Aveline has her machete and whip (although, they're pretty much replacements for the tomahawk and rope dart, doesn't help that Connor and Aveline share combat animations). Edward and Aveline share the blowpipe, and Connor and Edward share the rope dart.

If Altair had a signature weapon (besides his hidden blade) it would probably be his dagger, as it's pretty detailed. But it's also only present in AC1, which sucks. Ezio's signature weapon (also besides the hidden blade, because the hidden blade for Ezio is three kinds of weapons in one, four if you count the hook blade as a separate weapon) would probably be his crossbow, or the sword, but since Ezio doesn't seem to have a custom sword... I still have to say crossbow.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 03:13 AM
"It is obvious that ezio is better than Connor because ezio has gotten laid. Argument ended"
Oh my god......I.....I don't know what to say. I got destroyed.

luckyto
07-24-2013, 03:38 AM
That's partly true. Ezio became a one-dimensional bore in ACB. ACR, he only grew nominally. In AC2, he exhibited quite a bit of growth. So at least 2 of the 3 stories, he was pretty flat.

Connor is a mixed bag. Within the story, he exhibited almost no change - and was just bitter. If it weren't for the Homestead Missions, you'd never know he had a soft kind side. I know some fans love him, but most critics and more widespread opinion was that Connor wasn't likable. It's a mixed bag for me. I think he is a good character, but it was presented very poorly. If you only played the story missions, you'd have a very one-dimensional boring view of Connor.

So, they did separate run-throughs of the demo missions for this video and the seven minute video.

Yep. They are different. They even park the boats in different places when he visits that small island.

Sigv4rd
07-24-2013, 03:39 AM
Oh my god......I.....I don't know what to say. I got destroyed.

But technically Altiar got laid fist :p

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 03:49 AM
more widespread opinion was that Connor wasn't likable.
Not really, no. A negative minority is always loud.

2 awards. 1 of them user-voted against agent 47, master chief and max Payne. Nah.

AC2_alex
07-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Edward is probably going to be my favorite Assassin. Just sayin' :|

luckyto
07-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Not really, no. A negative minority is always loud.

2 awards. 1 of them user-voted against agent 47, master chief and max Payne. Nah.

That's cool. AC fan base is bigger too. Can easily make for a lopsided vote.

Look, I don't want to rain on your fandom. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I can see why some people like him. I understand it.

But the impression that I've gotten from other gamers I know personally and the articles I've read is that most people didn't like Connor. If you don't play all the side missions, you really get no sense of his depth. If you look at just the story missions, he exhibits the same angry bitter emotions in every scene. Most of the critics and articles I've read haven't been kind to him - so I think it's fair to say that a lot of people didn't like him.

Megas_Doux
07-24-2013, 04:10 AM
I am liking this...
ALOT!!!!!!!

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 04:13 AM
That's cool. AC fan base is bigger too. Can easily make for a lopsided vote.

Look, I don't want to rain on your fandom. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I can see why some people like him. I understand it.

But the impression that I've gotten from other gamers I know personally and the articles I've read is that most people didn't like Connor. If you don't play all the side missions, you really get no sense of his depth. If you look at just the story missions, he exhibits the same angry bitter emotions in every scene. Most of the critics and articles I've read haven't been kind to him - so I think it's fair to say that a lot of people didn't like him.
Your argument is flawed. AC fans can also be max payne fans, halo fans and hitman fans, not to mention that 2 of these are iconic protagonists and have been around faaaar longer than Connor and had more games. A disliked character by most does not win a fan-voted award. It's that simple. A lot of people don't like him, sure. That's the thing, a complainer is louder than a non-complainer. A complainer feels a need to vent. Also, I know lots of people who like Connor and read lots of articles that liked Connor. So there goes that.

Prepares to get flamed mercilessly for derailing thread.

AC2_alex
07-24-2013, 04:16 AM
A negative minority is always loud..

Most of the critics and articles I've read haven't been kind to him - so I think it's fair to say that a lot of people didn't like him.

Both make fair points.

But you have to remember, luckyto, Connor went through a lot of s h i t. His village and mother were burned by George Washington, someone Connor thought was a righteous man. His father is a Templar. He was forced to kill his best friend and his father. He has a right to be mad, and frankly, he kept his composure pretty well considering all this. His outbursts towards Achilles were mostly just a matter of extreme tension and pressure building up inside him.

Back on topic, I really like how the crew greeted Edward every time he returned to the Jackdaw. I also like the nods to the older ACs (ie Assassination contracts and the sparkley sound effect when he got the treasure)

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 04:33 AM
I love all of the characters.

My favorite right now is Connor, and I have a feeling that Edward will be my second favorite.

It seems like they are giving each character a signature weapon now. Connor has his tomahawk and bow, Edward has his dual cutlasses, Aveline has her machete and whip (although, they're pretty much replacements for the tomahawk and rope dart, doesn't help that Connor and Aveline share combat animations). Edward and Aveline share the blowpipe, and Connor and Edward share the rope dart.

If Altair had a signature weapon (besides his hidden blade) it would probably be his dagger, as it's pretty detailed. But it's also only present in AC1, which sucks. Ezio's signature weapon (also besides the hidden blade, because the hidden blade for Ezio is three kinds of weapons in one, four if you count the hook blade as a separate weapon) would probably be his crossbow, or the sword, but since Ezio doesn't seem to have a custom sword... I still have to say crossbow.

What about the hidden gun??? Sure Altair invented it, but he only used it like once...ezio used it for 30 years!

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Or perhaps under a ship you are about to board and climb the opposite side for a suprise attack.

At one point Ashraf did say you can do that, when you prepare to board a ship. :)

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Just watched the two AC3 demos (seriously, they only had two demos for AC3, Frontier and Boston). Both demos heavily featured a mechanic that was not in the game: random missions. They also featured a different HUD than the final game, and I think the demo HUD looked better. They also dolled them up by having fancy cinematics start and end the demos, and one was in the frontier demo going over the fort when Connor entered it. The frontier demo also was there to show off the fort gameplay, where they showed continental soldiers marching on it and British soldiers loading gunpower in the shed in the fort, which don't happen in the game, and also had Silas as a Templar captain of that fort (he was neither a templar, nor a captain of that fort).

In hindsight, the AC3 demos were clearly made to look really good.

There have been three gameplay demos for Black Flag so far, although two cover some of the same missions. The official E3 demo was the only one that had fancy cinematic intros and exits, It also didn't feature the HUD. It looks like the two later demos featured actual missions you can do in game that were labelled. The only demo that featured cinematics during the demo was the seven minute one, and those were fastforward cinematics, nothing that screams "not real."

Overall, these demos seem to be more trustworthy than AC3's. Still, I'm a bit cautious, but I'm still probably gonna end up buying the game day one. I'm just not as excited for it as I was for AC3.

luckyto
07-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Of course my "logic is flawed." It disagrees with your perception of the world. :P Assassin_M, if you know of any articles published in an online mag that praise Connor as a likable interesting character post-release, I'd love to read them.

Both make fair points.

But you have to remember, luckyto, Connor went through a lot of s h i t. His village and mother were burned by George Washington, someone Connor thought was a righteous man. His father is a Templar. He was forced to kill his best friend and his father. He has a right to be mad, and frankly, he kept his composure pretty well considering all this. His outbursts towards Achilles were mostly just a matter of extreme tension and pressure building up inside him.

Back on topic, I really like how the crew greeted Edward every time he returned to the Jackdaw. I also like the nods to the older ACs (ie Assassination contracts and the sparkley sound effect when he got the treasure)

I understand why he is that way. Doesn't always make for great entertainment though. For me, his real personality comes out in the Homestead Missions and some of the other side missions. I feel like the story missions really didn't portray any depth of his character. And since they were side missions, I bet a lot of people missed that aspect.

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Both make fair points.

Not to mention the fact that Connor is a Native American who lived in the woods most of his life. He didn't have the care free spoiling luxury that ezio had. His people were a very spiritual but serious people.

I think that Edward will be my second best, or at least tied. In the beginning, when he is a jerk, I will like him in the way that I like ezio, because he's funny. But once he matures and becomes the wise man we see in forsaken, then I will value him as a true character, as I do with Connor.

Back on topic, I totally agree with you about the sparkley noise thing lol ;). As soon as I heard that, I suddenly got a vision of ezio finding an assassin seal... Good times.

All that is left for them to show me before I am sold is underwater combat and exploration, havana, and for gods sake some actual combat! I find it really strange that ubisoft has shown us about an hour total of gameplay, but no combat (other than cut cinematic screens and brief trailer animations)

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Just watched the two AC3 demos (seriously, they only had two demos for AC3, Frontier and Boston). Both demos heavily featured a mechanic that was not in the game: random missions. They also featured a different HUD than the final game, and I think the demo HUD looked better. They also dolled them up by having fancy cinematics start and end the demos, and one was in the frontier demo going over the fort when Connor entered it. The frontier demo also was there to show off the fort gameplay, where they showed continental soldiers marching on it and British soldiers loading gunpower in the shed in the fort, which don't happen in the game, and also had Silas as a Templar captain of that fort (he was neither a templar, nor a captain of that fort).

In hindsight, the AC3 demos were clearly made to look really good.

There have been three gameplay demos for Black Flag so far, although two cover some of the same missions. The official E3 demo was the only one that had fancy cinematic intros and exits, It also didn't feature the HUD. It looks like the two later demos featured actual missions you can do in game that were labelled. The only demo that featured cinematics during the demo was the seven minute one, and those were fastforward cinematics, nothing that screams "not real."

Overall, these demos seem to be more trustworthy than AC3's. Still, I'm a bit cautious, but I'm still probably gonna end up buying the game day one. I'm just not as excited for it as I was for AC3.
There were also the naval footage and fort Wolcott footage...

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Of course my "logic is flawed." It disagrees with your perception of the world. :P Assassin_M, if you know of any articles published in an online mag that praise Connor as a likable interesting character post-release, I'd love to read them.

That would be the case if I just said "your logics is flawedz", but I didn't do that. I said WHY I think it's flawed. Also, I can do this too. Listen to this.

Of course that vote is lopsided. It disagrees with your perception of the world.

Gladly. I'll post some of the articles when I get on a PC.

Megas_Doux
07-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Connor is my favorite assassin, but he gets so much hate.....

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 04:57 AM
That would be the case if I just said "your logics is flawedz", but I didn't do that. I said WHY I think it's flawed. Also, I can do this too. Listen to this.

Of course that vote is lopsided. It disagrees with your perception of the world.

Gladly. I'll post some of the articles when I get on a PC.

I started this...

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 05:07 AM
What about the hidden gun??? Sure Altair invented it, but he only used it like once...ezio used it for 30 years!

I mentioned that as part of his hidden blade.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 07:17 AM
i`m a man of my word....and i`m on a PC now

http://leviathyn.com/games/opinion/2013/04/03/hes-not-perfect-but-connor-kenway-doesnt-suck/
http://gamerhub.tv/articles/an-appeal-to-ubisoft-connor-kenway-and-why-hes-not-done-yet/2013/02/23/
http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/reviews/assassins-creed-iii-review-6399036/

Now add to those every other positive review for AC III

Legendz54
07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
What can i say.. Looks great, going to have fun exploring that world, I just hope the story can deliver.

Moultonborough
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
I liked Connor a lot. I think one reason some don't like him is because he is the total opposite to Ezio. A character we spent 3 games with compared to only one. For me Ezio and Connor are tied. I can't stand Altair. Anyway, on topic, from what I saw in the demo I have no questions of whether I would by day one or not. It was very seamless. I loved that he said we have different options o0n how to kill a target, Land vs. Sea. The water spout looked great as well. The two things I am disappointed with are: the sails just disappearing again. They pulled it off in AC3 what makes it so hard to do in AC4? The second is that they already showed a lot of it already. I really would have enjoyed if they didn't take the "stealth" path again on the island but instead showed a seconded and more direct assault to show combat.

TheOnlyEzio
07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Still not getting my hopes up

Legendz54
07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
I liked Connor a lot. I think one reason some don't like him is because he is the total opposite to Ezio. A character we spent 3 games with compared to only one. For me Ezio and Connor are tied. I can't stand Altair. Anyway, on topic, from what I saw in the demo I have no questions of whether I would by day one or not. It was very seamless. I loved that he said we have different options o0n how to kill a target, Land vs. Sea. The water spout looked great as well. The two things I am disappointed with are: the sails just disappearing again. They pulled it off in AC3 what makes it so hard to do in AC4? The second is that they already showed a lot of it already. I really would have enjoyed if they didn't take the "stealth" path again on the island but instead showed a seconded and more direct assault to show combat.

Agreed, I am really curious to see the movements/ counterattacks they have for the double swords for Edward.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 09:58 AM
My favorite right now is Connor, and I have a feeling that Edward will be my second favourite.

I love Connor!! xD Me too! :D

I liked Connor a lot. I think one reason some don't like him is because he is the total opposite to Ezio. A character we spent 3 games with compared to only one.

I agree, and people just got so used to Ezio, they couldn't accept the change.

I think I would really like to see ACIV combat gameplay next. Then ACIV looks really beautiful, but I'm a bit worried that it might not be challenging enough with the talk of "armour". Also, we're going to have 4 pistols, which may be a bit excessive unless combat is really difficult.

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I honestly think Edward will reside as my favourite next to AltaÔr. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Connor, but with Edward, I feel he is more mature.

Unlike Connor, Edward is mature from the get-go. Ok, maybe not mature, but let's say cynical. He doesn't really view life as a fairy tale like Connor does from the beginning. Edward's out there searching for his purpose in life and I like that about a character. Soul-searching journeys really are very enjoyable and they do a damn-well job at strengthening our bond with the character as he progresses. To be honest, I'm not sure I like Connor for his personality, or if I just feel pity for him because of his catastrophic life. He's a kind-hearted, albeit a bit naÔve person that really wants nothing but to make everyone content and that's awesome. However, with Edward and AltaÔr alike, they're a tad sinister about their view of life, which I can relate to more than flower-skipping Connor that only learns how life is only at the end of the game. Maybe when I see Connor's future in next iterations where he is more scarred by his lessons I'll appreciate him more, but until then, Edward and AltaÔr have got me hooked.

TheDanteEX
07-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Perhaps they don't want to show off combat yet because Edward still doesn't have all his unique animations. Gosh, I hope they have enough time to polish them. And I agree that being able to increase Edward's health is disappointing. No armor, but how exactly his health increases must be related to "upgrading" him. This may mean there's an actual XP/Skillpoint system in place now, a la Far Cry 3?

I wanted to point out that when free-aiming, triangle doesn't show "shoot", though O oddly shows "counter", which means right trigger is most likely used to shoot when free-aiming; however, this means no running while free-aiming which I guess makes sense if accuracy for a flintlock pistol isn't so great. I also thought Edward's first mate was sort of reaction-lacking. I expected him to have the largest range of reactions while on the sea, but he just seems to be standing there folding him arms most of the time. Nothing major as he's probably not a heavy talker, but I wanted to see his close bond with Eddie.

All-in-all, Black Flag is looking pretty fantastic.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I honestly think Edward will reside as my favourite next to AltaÔr. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Connor, but with Edward, I feel he is more mature.

Unlike Connor, Edward is mature from the get-go. Ok, maybe not mature, but let's say cynical. He doesn't really view life as a fairy tale like Connor does from the beginning. Edward's out there searching for his purpose in life and I like that about a character. Soul-searching journeys really are very enjoyable and they do a damn-well job at strengthening our bond with the character as he progresses. To be honest, I'm not sure I like Connor for his personality, or if I just feel pity for him because of his catastrophic life. He's a kind-hearted, albeit a bit naÔve person that really wants nothing but to make everyone content and that's awesome. However, with Edward and AltaÔr alike, they're a tad sinister about their view of life, which I can relate to more than flower-skipping Connor that only learns how life is only at the end of the game. Maybe when I see Connor's future in next iterations where he is more scarred by his lessons I'll appreciate him more, but until then, Edward and AltaÔr have got me hooked.

I don't agree with Connor viewing life as a fairy-tale. Yes, he was naÔve, but he just wanted to see the best in everything and there is nothing wrong with that. As for Connor not learning about how life really is until the end of the game, that does comes with experience. Experiences shape us and determine who we become. Besides, it would be kind of boring if every main character was the same. :)

MrDynogames
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm glad that with the new footage that's been released. People are seeing more and more what the game is like. Yes you CAN be loud and bombastic, BUT that might make life more difficult for you. The game wants you to use your brain. Like with the contract, he could have shot him dead before he got on the boat but this is something the player can think about. If he let's him get on his boat, not only will he get rewarded for the contract, but rewarded for the boarding as well. Then with Misteriosa, The player can deal with things any number of ways and the game encourages its stealth.

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm glad that with the new footage that's been released. People are seeing more and more what the game is like. Yes you CAN be loud and bombastic, BUT that might make life more difficult for you. The game wants you to use your brain. Like with the contract, he could have shot him dead before he got on the boat but this is something the player can think about. If he let's him get on his boat, not only will he get rewarded for the contract, but rewarded for the boarding as well. Then with Misteriosa, The player can deal with things any number of ways and the game encourages its stealth.

You have a good point. Besides we all know how to go in loud and attack everything in sight don't we.

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 12:29 PM
You have a good point. Besides we all know how to go in loud and attack everything in sight don't we.

We have for the damned past 3 iterations. Time for a new change. After AC3, this seems like a series saver. We haven't had an AC that respects our intelligence in ages. When he said that the hostage mission can have more than 3 enemies against the hostages and that it would be CHALLENGING to figure out how to kill all the enemies without scathing the hostages.....damn I felt like the game respects how I would use my brain to get around this. Brilliant!

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
We have for the damned past 3 iterations. Time for a new change. After AC3, this seems like a series saver. We haven't had an AC that respects our intelligence in ages. When he said that the hostage mission can have more than 3 enemies against the hostages and that it would be CHALLENGING to figure out how to kill all the enemies without scathing the hostages.....damn I felt like the game respects how I would use my brain to get around this. Brilliant!

Yeah I liked this too. The fact that the guards arent just there to kill you, but to kill the hostages makes it much more interesting. I personally cant wait to have like 6+ guards around an area on rooftops and on ground level so I can use my brain for once in an AC game.

Legendz54
07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I have to say when I first saw AC4 I thought it was AC3 with upgraded ships but I can really see all the changes and improvements they have made.

IMRicko
07-24-2013, 02:05 PM
After watching the gameplay, I regret buying ac3 collector edition. AC3 definitely was an unfinished demo of AC4. How I wish i didn't buy my ac3 CE and save the money for AC4 CE instead :(

luckyto
07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
i`m a man of my word....and i`m on a PC now

http://leviathyn.com/games/opinion/2013/04/03/hes-not-perfect-but-connor-kenway-doesnt-suck/
http://gamerhub.tv/articles/an-appeal-to-ubisoft-connor-kenway-and-why-hes-not-done-yet/2013/02/23/
http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/reviews/assassins-creed-iii-review-6399036/

Now add to those every other positive review for AC III

I never said I didn't like AC3. I said that most of the people I know and articles I've read don't see Connor as a likable character. That's he's one-dimensional bore. You claim those who didn't like Connor are some rare freakish extremist minority who are simply loud.

But thanks for the articles!

But even the author of the first article admits that many gamers didn't like Connor (which is all I claimed.) "Then, there are those that say Connor Kenway is the worst assassin weíve played to date. While I wonít dispute that Connor is a far cry from the charming arrogance of Ezio or the stoic duty driver AltaÔr, he is by no means a bad character. No, like many of the fault found in Assassinís Creed III, the time period is more to blame than the person.... Playing as a powerless protagonist is understandably unappealing on the surface. For some it may seem as though Connor is merely drifting from event to event during the American Revolution and never really taking hold of the reins and steering his own life." Nor does the author ever claim that he is likable, just that ... "Iíd say that makes for a good, if not somewhat tragic, main character in the Assassinís Creed franchise." Tragic character does not mean likable.

The second author confirms in the very first sentence what I said, " Players didn't like Connor: he was 'boring', 'too stoic', 'too bland'." He also confirms what I was saying that the game didn't do a good job telling his character, "I sincerely do not think fans were given enough time for Connor, and I truly believe that Ubisoft rushed this one far too much." And he goes on to praise the character for all that he is, while recognizing that Ubisoft did a terrible job telling his story.

The third article praises the game, but doesn't even touch on Connor. The third article is spot on, praising the epic scope of the game and the positives and bringing fair criticism to the glitches and bugs.

Honestly, the second article touched me the most. There is a great character in Connor. It's the character I see, because I've played every corner of that game and really tried to reach out to his mentality. Sadly, that character just didn't come through in the story missions. You have to dig into the side missions and read between the lines to find that character --- and that's the fault of storytelling. And while that's not a fault with the character, it's fair to say that many fans didn't care for Connor --- even if that opinion is unfair (if that makes any sense.)

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
After watching the gameplay, I regret buying ac3 collector edition. AC3 definitely was an unfinished demo of AC4. How I wish i didn't buy my ac3 CE and save the money for AC4 CE instead :(

I actually feel the same way. Still havent opened my george washington notebook haha

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I never said I didn't like AC3.
neither did I

I said that most of the people I know and articles I've read don't see Connor as a likable character. That's he's one-dimensional bore. You claim those who didn't like Connor are some rare freakish extremist minority who are simply loud.
Rare?? I didn't say rare...just that they`re a loud minority..

But even the author of the first article admits that many gamers didn't like Connor (which is all I claimed.)
and I never opposed that claim....your actual claim is that Connor was disliked by MOST, which isn't true..

"Then, there are those that say Connor Kenway is the worst assassin we’ve played to date. While I won’t dispute that Connor is a far cry from the charming arrogance of Ezio or the stoic duty driver AltaÔr, he is by no means a bad character. No, like many of the fault found in Assassin’s Creed III, the time period is more to blame than the person.... Playing as a powerless protagonist is understandably unappealing on the surface. For some it may seem as though Connor is merely drifting from event to event during the American Revolution and never really taking hold of the reins and steering his own life." Nor does the author ever claim that he is likable, just that ... "I’d say that makes for a good, if not somewhat tragic, main character in the Assassin’s Creed franchise." Tragic character does not mean likable.
Article saying that Connor is a good character...mission accomplished...I never said anything about him being likeable..

The second author confirms in the very first sentence what I said, " Players didn't like Connor: he was 'boring', 'too stoic', 'too bland'." He also confirms what I was saying that the game didn't do a good job telling his character, "I sincerely do not think fans were given enough time for Connor, and I truly believe that Ubisoft rushed this one far too much." And he goes on to praise the character for all that he is, while recognizing that Ubisoft did a terrible job telling his story.
Again, an article that sees Connor as a good character...done....he never said MOST players didn't like Connor

The third article praises the game, but doesn't even touch on Connor. The third article is spot on, praising the epic scope of the game and the positives and bringing fair criticism to the glitches and bugs.
did you actually read the article?
http://gyazo.com/c43f1c317e29060f3697156ae51aa00d.png

Honestly, the second article touched me the most. There is a great character in Connor. It's the character I see, because I've played every corner of that game and really tried to reach out to his mentality. Sadly, that character just didn't come through in the story missions. You have to dig into the side missions and read between the lines to find that character --- and that's the fault of storytelling. And while that's not a fault with the character, it's fair to say that many fans didn't care for Connor --- even if that opinion is unfair (if that makes any sense.)
like I said, I know they`re many....not the majority

TheOnlyEzio
07-24-2013, 05:55 PM
>goes into thread about new gameplay
>starts debate about connor and how many people like him

Seriously, don't you guys have anything better to do then derailing a thread with your irrelevant argument?

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Seriously, don't you guys have anything better to do then derailing a thread with your irrelevant argument?
No

rileypoole1234
07-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Okay now I'm really excited. Congratulations Ubi you reeled me back in (not that I was ever truly out). Pre ordered...

luckyto
07-24-2013, 06:20 PM
For the sake of peace, I''ll concede that I have no idea if it's the majority or minority ... just "many." And yes, I read all three.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 06:30 PM
For the sake of peace, I''ll concede that I have no idea if it's the majority or minority ... just "many." And yes, I read all three.

It's the "minority" who don't like Connor, of course. :D

salman147
07-24-2013, 06:40 PM
I just watched the whole 13 minutes......The many times we could use stealth, the crew cheering you when you get on, the cool environmental assassination, the stealth again, the soundtrack, the atmosphere, the storms that are not just a distraction but a tactical tool, THE DOLPHINS, the shanties, the stealth again. It's just too damn beautiful. F*ck caution. These guys were generous enough to show us about an hour of gameplay and still to come. Last year we got only 20 minutes. It's really difficult right now to not believe them.

The non-linearity though........oh dayum that was just awesome."Now that's a sandbox" indeed.

Remember the AWESOME MIND-BLOWING CRAZY JAW DROPPING E3 2012 DEMO of Assassins Creed 3 last year?And how did the game turn out?So cross your fingers.

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Remember the AWESOME MIND-BLOWING CRAZY JAW DROPPING E3 2012 DEMO of Assassins Creed 3 last year?And how did the game turn out?So cross your fingers.

Last year we had a total of 15 minutes of gameplay. This year we have about 25 minutes of gameplay and still counting. Every aspect of the gameplay has been confirmed by the devs. So far they've been really open about their game and have been absolutely genuine with the development. If we won't trust the gameplay, then we can at least trust the devs that have shown nothing but respect and trust for the fans.

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM
It's the "minority" who don't like Connor, of course. :D

Not really. Its a pretty even spread.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 06:48 PM

Why can't you just leave it alone? o_0

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Frankly, last year's E3 demo didn't leave me jaw-dropped as much as this one has. It was good no doubt, but not as good as this. Also, tree running is still there, thats pretty much confirmed now :D

TheOnlyEzio
07-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Nah man, around 3.5 million copies of AC3 were sold, but i'm going to go ahead and say that over a few peoples opinions on a small forum community + 3 articles, that more people like connor.

To even say that more/less people like connor is a completely stupid and unjustified opinion. You may have a couple more people supporting you here or in some articles, but that does not prove anything considering you are only taking a small percentage into account.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
well... from what I see I like. It seems that they are really paying attention (with the exception of holsters haha) I like the music so far, they added stealth in a sense -- we will need to see more, I like the fast travel, multiple things to do, I love the fact that everything even though it is optional it has PURPOSE! Naval battles have been given more depth, it just overall looks good.

and is it just me or is noone else impressed with the fact that everything is seamless?

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
well... from what I see I like. It seems that they are really paying attention (with the exception of holsters haha) I like the music so far, they added stealth in a sense -- we will need to see more, I like the fast travel, multiple things to do, I love the fact that everything even though it is optional it has PURPOSE! Naval battles have been given more depth, it just overall looks good.

and is it just me or is noone else impressed with the fact that everything is seamless?

I love the seamless quality too and it will be a nice change not to have to wait for loading screens. :D

Wolfmeister1010
07-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Nah man, around 3.5 million copies of AC3 were sold, but i'm going to go ahead and say that over a few peoples opinions on a small forum community + 3 articles, that more people like connor.

To even say that more/less people like connor is a completely stupid and unjustified opinion. You may have a couple more people supporting you here or in some articles, but that does not prove anything considering you are only taking a small percentage into account.

AC3 sold more than 12 million copies..... it was 3.5 in the first 15 days...

ze_topazio
07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
If this turn out as good as it looks i don't know how they will surpass it in future sequels, I'm talking about the Caribbean world and pirate activities, i can't imagine anything on a more traditional setting surpassing this.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 08:08 PM
I love the seamless quality too and it will be a nice change not to have to wait for loading screens. :D

Yes! I totally agree! One thing that bothered me in AC3 was some of the waits on the loading screen. One in particular is when Haytham and Connor are trying to escape out of that burning warehouse (while looking for Benjamin Church) and when Connor is running towards his father to ram open the doors,while he is telling him to stop because they don't know what on the other Siiiiiiii ----- Loading screen---iiiiiide. It was such an unnatural break. : / imo.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM
If this turn out as good as it looks i don't know how they will surpass it in future sequels, I'm talking about the Caribbean world and pirate activities, i can't imagine anything on a more traditional setting surpassing this.

True.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes! I totally agree! One thing that bothered me in AC3 was some of the waits on the loading screen. One in particular is when Haytham and Connor are trying to escape out of that burning warehouse (while looking for Benjamin Church) and when Connor is running towards his father to ram open the doors,while he is telling him to stop because they don't know what on the other Siiiiiiii ----- Loading screen---iiiiiide. It was such an unnatural break. : / imo.

That was one of my favourite parts of AC3. :D It was interesting and nice to see their relationship. The last bit made me laugh, but yes we could have done without that break. I guess, it will be kind of strange in ACIV to begin with because we are so used to loading screens, but of course, so much better! :) Do you think we are becoming spoilt? LOL

Btw... how do you think saving the game will be affected?

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Yea, I really hope they can keep up the quality. If the games can keep the same quality as Black Flag seems like it will have, that's good enough.

TheOnlyEzio
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
AC3 sold more than 12 million copies..... it was 3.5 in the first 15 days...

Picked the first number i saw on google.. but thank you, this further supports my argument.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 08:25 PM
That was one of my favourite parts of AC3. :D It was interesting and nice to see their relationship. The last bit made me laugh, but yes we could have done without that break. I guess, it will be kind of strange in ACIV to begin with because we are so used to loading screens, but of course, so much better! :) Do you think we are becoming spoilt? LOL

Btw... how do you think saving the game will be affected?

I actually enjoyed this part too! I love how gray the area became between templar v. assassin in this game! Honesty I just feel AC3 had the best story by far. I agree AC4 will be so much better with the seamless capabilities!

I don't think the saving of the game will affected at all. Auto save should work just the same honestly. Maybe I'm overlooking something though why do you ask?

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
I actually enjoyed this part too! I love how gray the area became between templar v. assassin in this game! Honesty I just feel AC3 had the best story by far. I agree AC4 will be so much better with the seamless capabilities!

I don't think the saving of the game will affected at all. Auto save should work just the same honestly. Maybe I'm overlooking something though why do you ask?

I agree with you and I love ACIII too!! xD So I can't wait to continue the Kenway saga in ACIV!! :D

About saving, I'm not really sure. Lol, I kind of overthink things sometimes. It will be great if auto-save works the same. Hmm, I guess they will also have a menu screen allowing us to save when we want just like before. Then I guess, I'm really just wondering how objectives will play out in a seamless world. For example, if we will be able to replay objectives like in ACIII, or if they will randomly become available again if they don't go as planned.

I-Like-Pie45
07-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I think I can hear Alex Hutchinson sobbing in the adjacent room.

ACfan443
07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Very AC1 style HUD with the eye indicator

http://imgur.com/dO4IcRm.jpg

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 08:54 PM

You cant judge sales by how many people liked it. I thought it was going to be awesome but imo it wasnt. And btw, you just contradicted yourself in that statement so well done.

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 08:56 PM
i judge people by the size of their nipples

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2013, 08:58 PM
i judge people by the size of their nipples
We knew that.

I-Like-Pie45
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Do they hurt when you twist them?

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Sis's nipples are the size of ants.

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Very AC1 style HUD with the eye indicator

http://imgur.com/dO4IcRm.jpg

So good

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Jexx is on weed again.

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:06 PM
So good

Jexx is on weed again.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/227839420.gif

I-Like-Pie45
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
You look at your sister like that?

Sick **** right there.

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:12 PM
your nipples are as large as pies

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Sis's nipples are the size of ants.

Wait, since when are you like that? I thought you were supposed to be the mature one in this weird bunch.

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
You look at your sister like that?

Sick **** right there.
Lmfao!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On that note, suddenly nipples are sneaking into conversations...I was just talking to this guy

http://puu.sh/3KOj7.jpg

Wait, since when are you like that? I thought you were supposed to be the mature one in this weird bunch.
http://i.minus.com/ibfKtCDkBa1KL0.gif http://i.minus.com/iAEjt5DK0E4zO.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibkWQDXWVWL37t.gif

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
frost's nipples are the perfect size. Like grapes.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
http://static.kontraband.com/sites/kontraband/files/images/gallery/teaser_image/2013/05/22/-1.jpg

ArabianFrost
07-24-2013, 09:24 PM
frost's nipples are the perfect size. Like grapes.

Would be weird if I said you were correct?

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I see all.

Locopells
07-24-2013, 09:36 PM
http://static.kontraband.com/sites/kontraband/files/images/gallery/teaser_image/2013/05/22/-1.jpg

Kinda like the water fight I just had...

ACRules2
07-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Wow... that's amazing!!! :D

Megas_Doux
07-24-2013, 10:11 PM
The latter pages of this thread -.-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UQNILpdDQnA/UQ2uvDxeBkI/AAAAAAAAB_4/0Fd-VgrbJog/s400/Haytham+Kenway+Facepalm+Connor+AC3.jpg

Locopells
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Don't worry it happens occasionally...

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
The latter pages of this thread -.-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UQNILpdDQnA/UQ2uvDxeBkI/AAAAAAAAB_4/0Fd-VgrbJog/s400/Haytham+Kenway+Facepalm+Connor+AC3.jpg
You're wrong there...

It's this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999512_602020436505283_1073369042_n.jpg

Megas_Doux
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
LOL

By the way, I gave up to this demo and pre-ordered, I am such a horrible, HORRIBLE person...........

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
LOL

By the way, I gave up to this demo and pre-ordered, I am such a horrible, HORRIBLE person...........
Horrible!

roostersrule2
07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL

By the way, I gave up to this demo and pre-ordered, I am such a horrible, HORRIBLE person...........You disgust me.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 10:38 PM
@ Sid: I can't access my messages. Sorry. Are you having the same problem?

ProletariatPleb
07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
@ Sid: I can't access my messages. Sorry. Are you having the same problem?
Yep.

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Yep.

o_0 Just when I thought there couldn't be more problems.

pirate1802
07-25-2013, 04:13 AM
LOL

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ede/283/28c/resized/you-should-feel-bad-meme-generator-you-are-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad-e4abb4.jpg

TheOnlyEzio
07-25-2013, 06:44 AM
[/B][/U][/I]

You cant judge sales by how many people liked it. I thought it was going to be awesome but imo it wasnt. And btw, you just contradicted yourself in that statement so well done.

Are you kidding me? I was being sarcastic in the first bit. How did you not get that?

EDIT: never said you can judge sales by how many people liked it. What I meant was that the people arguing over the more/less people liking connor is a stupid argument, not only because it's plain ridiculous but also because millions of people played the game.

roostersrule2
07-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Are you kidding me? I was being sarcastic in the first bit. How did you not get that?He's a challenged lad.

pacmanate
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
He's a challenged lad.

Hello, my Kangaroo friend.

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Did you guys notice that Ashraf said we could jump on the guy's ship and take him out on his ship? I wonder if we can take control of the ship and one-man board it.

tweeted Ash about it as well: https://twitter.com/Jexx21/status/362790003299991552

pacmanate
08-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Did you guys notice that Ashraf said we could jump on the guy's ship and take him out on his ship? I wonder if we can take control of the ship and one-man board it.

tweeted Ash about it as well: https://twitter.com/Jexx21/status/362790003299991552

Well, yeah. Think about it, take down the masts. Then just leave the jackdaw well away from the ship. Jump into water, swim to ship, climb ship, **** everyone up, leave ship, swim to Jackdaw. Easy.

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 08:12 AM
No, I mean, what if you could jump onto the ship before it manages to leave port. Like, in the gameplay video, you jump onto the ship before it leaves port., and take out your target.

ProletariatPleb
08-01-2013, 08:20 AM
No, I mean, what if you could jump onto the ship before it manages to leave port. Like, in the gameplay video, you jump onto the ship before it leaves port., and take out your target.
Should be possible.... the problem I see now is...I'll have to try and find a way to NOT eliminate targets easily for a chase like this to begin, lol.

Normally...for the sake of efficiency, I would've just shot the running guy and that would be it.

pirate1802
08-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Should be possible.... the problem I see now is...I'll have to try and find a way to NOT eliminate targets easily for a chase like this to begin, lol.

Normally...for the sake of efficiency, I would've just shot the running guy and that would be it.

So what's the problem? Just shoot him..

ProletariatPleb
08-01-2013, 08:28 AM
So what's the problem? Just shoot him..
But then no awesome ship chase :p What's better than being an assassin? Commanding a ship.

pacmanate
08-01-2013, 08:35 AM
But then no awesome ship chase :p What's better than being an assassin? Commanding a ship.

Actually, commanding a whale or Dolphin is.

ACfan443
08-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Did anyone else think the kill animation at 2:05 was a little weird? It's like the guard was pulled towards Edward by an invisible force

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Yea, I thought that too.

pacmanate
08-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Did anyone else think the kill animation at 2:05 was a little weird? It's like the guard was pulled towards Edward by an invisible force

Was like that in AC3. I hope the ledge assassination animation isnt ****ed up too

ACfan443
08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Was like that in AC3.

It was?

Assassin_M
08-01-2013, 09:25 AM
It was?
I don`t remember it being like that in AC III...

pacmanate
08-01-2013, 09:33 AM
I don`t remember it being like that in AC III...

Happens to me if you spam the assassinate button round a corner, its also dependent on the angle they approach.

Aphex_Tim
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Actually, commanding a whale or Dolphin is.

Or a shark. With a laser beam attached to its head.

Riding said shark while firing a rocket launcher that shoots exploding chainsaws at a giant octopus with eight machetes and a moustache.

pacmanate
08-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Or a shark. With a laser beam attached to its head.

Riding said shark while firing a rocket launcher that shoots exploding chainsaws at a giant octopus with eight machetes and a moustache.

o.O

pirate1802
08-01-2013, 10:42 AM

The Force was with him.. :D