PDA

View Full Version : How to send ideas for future AC game directly at Ubisoft developer?

Silver_Flame619
07-23-2013, 08:07 AM
I really love this franchise and even though it's one of the best series I have ever played. After a while I just have to admit to myself that it's starting to go downhill. I have come ups with 3 pages worth of ideas full of new mechanics, improvement, addition content, and new control that would allow stealth to finally blend into the franchise without any problem with the game's control. I really would want nothing more than to send these idea to Ubisoft and hear their thoughts on it. Do anybody have any clues on how to reach them? I would also like for you guys would to hear some of my ideas that I'd put on my papers. It's going to be a pretty long post so please just reply below and if I got enough reply saying yes I would gladly post it since if not a lot of would want to see it, it would be a 1 hour waste of time.

captin_qwark7
07-23-2013, 08:19 AM
They probably read every one of the posts on the forums but as to how much our posts affect Ubis decisions within the games I'm not so sure. But do shoot away! :)

Assassin_M
07-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Well lets 'ear it.

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 08:53 AM
You don't. Widow sends AC reports at the end of each week to the devs, supposedly, so you never know if your ideas will be chose. They also can't directly take your ideas into consideration, cause lawsuits and stuff. Who knows, maybe you'll sue them for using your ideas. It's just a big clusterf*ck to directly give them ideas, so yeah.......

Silver_Flame619
07-23-2013, 09:36 AM
What if I give them my idea on my own free will.? No lawsuit or nothing? This is why I really want to directly talk to the developer. Thx for the reply, once I reach at least 10 reply saying yes i might post my all my thoughts and ideas. If not, I might just do it anyway.

Assassin_M
07-23-2013, 09:39 AM
What if I give them my idea on my own free will.? No lawsuit or nothing? This is why I really want to directly talk to the developer. Thx for the reply, once I reach at least 10 reply saying yes i might post my all my thoughts and ideas. If not, I might just do it anyway.
They won't accept it. Anyone of your family or friends can issue a lawsuit against them. Like frost said, it's a risky cluster ****, so they're staying away from the risk altogether. Your only chance is to post it here and if it's good enough, people will notice and among them are the mods who'll relay this to the team.

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Sometimes though, the mods pass along threads to the devs, such is the case with wolfmeister's thread about the disappearing masts which Shade said was passed to the devs and this old thread I made a while ago, that was somewhat considered as well by Widow. It was surprising how the devs complied to our need for open-ended assassinations suggested in that thread. It's as if they listened

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737688-Do-the-AC-vets-here-think-that-Devs-should-implem-more-Stealth-into-future-AC-titles
Here's Widow's response which you may or may not consider as a confirmation:

http://i.imgur.com/VI20bv1.png

NondairyGold
07-23-2013, 10:06 AM
once I reach at least 10 reply saying yes i might post my all my thoughts and ideas. If not, I might just do it anyway.

This isn't Facebook dude lol

itsamea-mario
07-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Maybe they look at the forums, maybe a m,od could send an idea/question along, maybe you send an email, whatever you do the outcome will not change, they don't care about you, or your ideas.

Ureh
07-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Look at the credits of each game. Choose the devs you want to contact. Google their name, find their blogs/websites/etc. Then email them, facebook, tweet, etc.

Ubi devs usually use their names in their company email address, separating the first and last with a period (ex: yves.guillemot@....)

STDlyMcStudpants
07-24-2013, 12:31 AM
I know some of the devs do actually read these forums, but i doubt they will consider a submition ;D

silvermercy
07-24-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't think this can be done at all without consulting a lawyer who specializes in copyright and intellectual property. Not just in video games. Everywhere.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Well.. I don't know but good luck to you on trying! *plays eye of the Tiger*

Also, Let's hear these ideas! I hope you ready to be Judged! :D lol!

Farlander1991
07-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Here's a simple answer: don't. Unless you want to try to get a job at UbiSoft specifically, don't do that (and even in that case it shouldn't be 'Here are my ideas for next AC!', it should be 'Here's how the existing games work in detail and here's how I think they could be improved', because otherwise there still can be legal issues that they don't want to mess with).

And I'm not talking just about legal things only. Just simple decency. That especially concerns the advice regarding contacting somebody directly - don't do that (okay, correction: don't do that for the purpose of sharing your AC ideas, do it for the purpose of networking, sharing experience, asking questions, and all other things that are not related to new AC ideas). You think that the 300 people who are already IN the company working on the game don't have ideas for AC already? The leads are busy enough channeling and processing through all that information from the team already, they don't need anybody to contact them with "HEY! OVER HERE! LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT AWESOME STUFF THAT YOU SHOULD READ!' (not saying that you are like that, this is just an exaggeration to show a point). The non-leads have also enough on their plate, and their own ideas that they're trying to push because they think it would benefit the game/franchise, and even if your ideas are really good, that would be just a disrespectful way to push them like that to somebody.

Start a blog. Or a forum thread. Or something. Make it all look good, structured, make it all make sense, make the people support and rally behind you (to prove that the AC community agrees with what you've got and wants that). Go through the respective channels: Community -> Community Manager -> Developers. Not only that's a more sure way to get noticed, actually (because direct communication with stuff like that will most likely fail), that's also a RESPECTFUL way to do it.

And sorry if I sound harsh. That was not my intent.

EscoBlades
07-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Start a blog. Or a forum thread. Or something. Make it all look good, structured, make it all make sense, make the people support and rally behind you (to prove that the AC community agrees with what you've got and wants that). Go through the respective channels: Community -> Community Manager -> Developers. Not only that's a more sure way to get noticed, actually (because direct communication with stuff like that will most likely fail), that's also a RESPECTFUL way to do it.

Appropos of nothing, this is a great post.

Important to stress that the Forum Managers are here for you, and are your closest and best official link to dev teams. They do a fantastic job, over and beyond their scope. If there's something that needs the attention of any of the teams, they will pass it along. So you know, probably a good idea to be respectful to them (i know most of you are anyway)

Mr_Shade
07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
indeed... ;)

itsamea-mario
07-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Here's a simple answer: don't. Unless you want to try to get a job at UbiSoft specifically, don't do that (and even in that case it shouldn't be 'Here are my ideas for next AC!', it should be 'Here's how the existing games work in detail and here's how I think they could be improved', because otherwise there still can be legal issues that they don't want to mess with).

And I'm not talking just about legal things only. Just simple decency. That especially concerns the advice regarding contacting somebody directly - don't do that (okay, correction: don't do that for the purpose of sharing your AC ideas, do it for the purpose of networking, sharing experience, asking questions, and all other things that are not related to new AC ideas). You think that the 300 people who are already IN the company working on the game don't have ideas for AC already? The leads are busy enough channeling and processing through all that information from the team already, they don't need anybody to contact them with "HEY! OVER HERE! LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT AWESOME STUFF THAT YOU SHOULD READ!' (not saying that you are like that, this is just an exaggeration to show a point). The non-leads have also enough on their plate, and their own ideas that they're trying to push because they think it would benefit the game/franchise, and even if your ideas are really good, that would be just a disrespectful way to push them like that to somebody.

I'd much rather just shout at my computer screen.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I'd much rather just shout at my computer screen.

And that's how you get sh*t done. *High Five*

haha.

Silver_Flame619
07-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Thank you for all of your reply it was much helpful. I will be posting my ideas for you guys to see sometime today or tomorrow, so be on the look out for it.

silvermercy
07-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Thank you for all of your reply it was much helpful. I will be posting my ideas for you guys to see sometime today or tomorrow, so be on the look out for it.
Be aware that by posting it, someone may steal it from you. It's the internetz. ;)