PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 "Attempting to Restore Network Connection"

TheUggBootBandi
07-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Alright, so I bought the Assassin's Creed Franchise Pack through Steam during the Summer Sale last week because I love the series but have never really been able to afford the games. poorpeopleproblems.jpg So I play the first game, no problem. Loved it. Then I download the second one and play it last night. No problem. Couple missions done. Bed time. Get home from work the next day, plan on playing more AC2 but, wait. Problem. Everytime I start the game, I get barely 3 seconds in before it cuts off and says "Attempting to Restore Network Connection". The problem seems to remedy itself if I have Uplay open while I'm playing the game but whenever I attempt to load a mission, Uplay crashes and the connection goes with it. The game can still be played, but nothing is saved as I can't connect to Uplay/Ubisoft's servers. If anybody has any information on how to solve this problem, I would be eternally grateful as I want nothing more at the moment than to play these games.

TheUggBootBandi
07-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Bump. Really want to get this problem fixed here, guys.

Ferrith
07-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Try to disable the option "enable cloud save synchronization" from Uplay settings (the little gear next to your username). This way your games will be saved locally on your PC, and you won't need Ubisoft's servers to play. But if you have a general problem with Uplay client, it would be a good idea to download it from Ubi's web page, uninstall the Steam's version and re-install it.