PDA

View Full Version : [Ubisoft_Account] [Update] You can now change your username

Pages : [1] 2

DrakeBurn
09-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I think Uplay must have "username change".
I have a friend he bought a game and now he has a very long username.
Please add it.

shop6D66C6CB5
01-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Hello...again.

About one and half year ago, I started similar thread concerning changing uplay username for users, that decided to buy a game from you (M&M Heroes VI in my case) and got stuck with this epic random username of yours without ANY options to choose by themselves. It was kinda frustrating purchasing a game you wanted to play online and looking at your avatar with his awesome name shop6D66C6CB5 next to it.
Even with some tries to fix the issue from your support (which lead to being unable to play the game at all), there was just no way you could help (at least you kept saying so). So I turned on my patience mode and finished the game's campaigns, deciding to try multiplayer after this little unfortunate slip of yours have been dealt with.
After ONE and HALF year, not long after I discovered there is an upcoming datadisc for the game I bought, I came here and discovered literally hundreds of similar topics and still no single solution to this.

If you want me and I believe more just as unlucky uplay members to even decide to buy any more games from you in the future, either make changing username possible REALLY FAST, or let us via support merge our account into new one, transferring the cd key etc. data as well.

I beg anyone who have the same issue as me and his patience ran off that he bump this topic until we get the desired answer.

No need to say more
Yours
shop6D66C6CB5

shop6D66C6CB5
01-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Bump

shop6D66C6CB5
01-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Bump

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Sorry Uplay usernames cannot be changed or merged.

Please do not bump threads.

shop6D66C6CB5
01-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Right.

Last time I bought anything from Ubi. Bye

Fxxkyouplay
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Well I got a suitable username in that short moment of registration anger, now Im stuck with it too :D

Maverickroll
03-02-2013, 08:37 AM
I saw that Trials Evolution Gold was on pre-order, and you could get into the beta of it now with the pre-order. As I've been eagerly awaiting this game I immediately bought it. When I tried to buy it I needed a Uplay account, so I attempted to and was told I had an account with my email address already. Strange, so I try a password I think it might be and it was, account made and I've got my copy of Trials Evolution Gold tied to it.

Log in and find out it is a Uplay account, but it's using a really old Ubisoft account I used about seven years ago when I played an mmorpg called Shadowbane, which was developed by Wolfpack Studios but published by... Ubisoft. Now I'm stuck with a username that shows up in Trials I absolutely do not want, nor accept. I cannot find a way in my account, or within Trials, to change my name. I've done some googling and a lot of people have requested this but can never seem to get it.

So, I see two options here, somehow get a username change, or refund my money for Trials Evolution Gold. If a refund is not an option that's fine, I can dispute the charge with my credit card company. Don't get me wrong, I love Trials and I do want to play it, but with a username of my choosing, not some almost-decade-old account name I don't even remember making.

Maverickroll
03-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Bump. I will be bumping this every 24 hours until I get a valid response. If this gets no response and/or gets locked by a moderator I'll take that as my answer to do a charge back with my credit card company.

Ubi-Lhainiev
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Macssb3, Unfortunately Uplay account usernames cannot be modified at this time. They are looking at implementing this feature in the future, but there isn't currently a time-frame on it.

henri0800
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
ONLY WORKS IF YOU BOUGHT THE GAME ON STEAM:

1)
If you bought this on steam get a refund. (even if you've registered the cd key for the beta it still works). You can only get refunds on prepurchased games. If they've been released then it wont work.
To get a refund, contact support. They will instantly issue you a refund within 3 days of you asking for one: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

2)
Use 'produt not listed' for the game, then 'purchases and payments', then 'pre-ordered game'. Then fill in other details. Just ask for a refund. you dont have to give a reason for anything :)

3)
(In Uplay) change your email address to a different one that you dont use, change your name aswell

4)
Create a new Uplay account with your preferred username, along with your REAL email address and REAL name

5)
Repurchase Trials Evolution Gold (on Steam).

6)
Sign out of Uplay with your old account, then login with your new one and activate the new game (Like you did when you first did it) on Uplay

Simples ;)

(Obviously you shouldn't create another account, as it breaks the terms and conditions. However I am just describing the METHOD to you (And it does work btw ;))

LadyKalma
03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Macssb3, Unfortunately Uplay account usernames cannot be modified at this time. They are looking at implementing this feature in the future, but there isn't currently a time-frame on it.

Yeah we've been hearing this same rubbish since Assassin's Creed 2 launched. It's just yet another reason why Uplay is godawful and yet another sign that Ubisoft don't give a **** about improving it in any way the customers want.

Bloobah
03-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Take a look at my nickname, A nice randomly generated shop nickname, and they can't even change it.

This is rediculous

Bloobah
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Unacceptable that you can't change usernames.
especially for users with a randomly generated shopxxxxxxxx username!

Shame on you Ubisoft

Hulk2120
03-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Everyone sign this petition to change usernames.
There's not many signatures right now. But if we get everyone who regrets their name choice to sign it. There will be thousands of people.
Sign this petition and the pass it on to your friends!
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-allow-us-to-change-usernames-2

Hulk2120
03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Everyone sign this petition to change usernames.
There's not many signatures right now. But if we get everyone who regrets their name choice to sign it. There will be thousands of people.
Sign this petition and the pass it on to your friends!
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-allow-us-to-change-usernames-2

Antiprotonic
04-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Take a look at my nickname, A nice randomly generated shop nickname, and they can't even change it.

This is rediculous

LOOK HOW STUPID MY NAME IS
I DIDNT EVEN GET TO CHANGE IT!
I already have a uplay account that ive used for YEARS< i used it to login to purchase AC3 and i got this absolute BULL**** NAME!
DO YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT ME TO PLAY ONLINE WITH THIS NAME?? SERIOUSLY??

Kankatsu
07-22-2013, 04:55 PM
So i just got a heap of games which require Uplay and after logging in to my account Iv noticed my username isn't something Iv chosen. I don't even remember signing up for Uplay, yet my email was apparently active and after doing a password recovery I find this ridiculous username. So How can I change this?

Ubi-Lhainiev
07-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi There - Unfortunately Uplay usernames cannot be changed at this time. If you think this is something suspicious please contact the Support department. They can offer you a few suggestions.

To create a Ticket - Click on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/
By Phone - Support Team in your region:http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Kankatsu
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
thanks for the quick reply however thats a little disappointing to hear there's no option for this currently. Id hope you give the choice in the future. Iv submitted a ticket and hopefully there will be a solution that wont require me losing all my games and give me a decent username. Not looking forward to being know and "quest-xxxxxxxx" during multiplayer games. :(

ElOsoLavador
07-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I have the same problem and the support told me
"Hey you can change your username creating a new account and buying all your games again" - I do a little summary :D

This isn't something suspiscious, this is a bug from your side.
When we create an account the system generate a random username and we can't change it apparently without having to buy all our game again (best commercial system)

I can get the fact you don't want to use steam for your game Ubisoft but srly try to make a good system that doesn't annoy real consumers. You can understand that this is a real problem to have a friends list with "guest-XXX" usernames so you should tell your support to allow username change for "guest-XXX" accounts.

@guest-NIU6WT41, don't bother create a ticket or calling them they will give you the same answer "create a new account and buy your games again

Ubi-Noemie
07-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Hello,

We reported your feedback to our development team. They are currently working on a feature allowing you to change your username.
Bear in mind that implementing that kind of feature requires development time, careful testing, bug fixing if necessary and finally, coordination with the localisation team. The process is long even if minor improvements and corrections can be implemented quickly.

Feel free to share with us any improvements/feedback/ideas you may have about Uplay. We always appreciate collecting and sending them to our development team in order to improve your Uplay experience.

Kind regards,

ElOsoLavador
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for giving a real answer Noemia, I'm a developer so I can understand that it will take some time I have no problem with that.
Knowing this feature is planned is enough for me (much better than the answer "buy all your game again" :D)

guest-3DaE495H
07-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for giving an answer.
However, is their an timeframe for this change to happen?
Having such cryptic names can't be in the interest of the online-community and you.

Thanks in advance,
guest-3DaE495H

guest-TJN8Gdtc
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I recently bought the chunk of change pack for mighty quest and before that I didn't have a uplay account. I made one during checkout and got this guest name and now I can't change it. It didn't even ask me for a username so now I'm known as guest-TJN8Gdtc. And there is no way to can tell me I chose this.

DrakeBurn
08-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello,

We reported your feedback to our development team. They are currently working on a feature allowing you to change your username.
Bear in mind that implementing that kind of feature requires development time, careful testing, bug fixing if necessary and finally, coordination with the localisation team. The process is long even if minor improvements and corrections can be implemented quickly.

Feel free to share with us any improvements/feedback/ideas you may have about Uplay. We always appreciate collecting and sending them to our development team in order to improve your Uplay experience.

Kind regards,

You get my like, really good answer.

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I recently bought the chunk of change pack for mighty quest and before that I didn't have a uplay account. I made one during checkout and got this guest name and now I can't change it. It didn't even ask me for a username so now I'm known as guest-TJN8Gdtc. And there is no way to can tell me I chose this.

Hi Guest-TJN8Gdtc - Please see Ubi-Noemie's response above.

Hulk2120
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I too, am in a similar boat. As are thousands of other people.
I regret my name choice which I made years ago, but can't change it without having to buy all of my games again. Why, you may ask. Why haven't they implemented this yet? Thousands of people have been asking for this for years now. Yet nothing's been done about it.
Sign this petition and share it with your friends. In time there will be many signatures and this may help our case to change our usernames.
Thanks.

Ubi-Noemie
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Hello Hulk,

The developer team is already working to implement this feature in the future. Unfortunately, as we already explained, it takes time to develop it because of many, many reasons.

We know it can be really annoying not to have the option to change your username especially for multi-players games but bear in mind that we are working on it and hope to provide you the solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lob-
08-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Hello Hulk,

The developer team is already working to implement this feature in the future. Unfortunately, as we already explained, it takes time to develop it because of many, many reasons.

We know it can be really annoying not to have the option to change your username especially for multi-players games but bear in mind that we are working on it and hope to provide you the solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

I'm glad this is being worked on but it just seems quite lagging for such a requested feature. I made a topic over a year ago and you would think by now it would have been implemented.

for reference I'm referring to this topic: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/660308-Allow-us-to-change-usernames-for-Uplay-when-is-this-EVER-going-to-be-implemented?

guest-T0EqN000
08-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi, i have subscribed an Uplay account, and my nickname is this "guest-TOE...".
Why? I didn't have the nickname choice, and there is a way to change it?
Why i have this nick? :C

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, unfortunately there isn't a way to change usernames at present.

guest-T0EqN000
08-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow. And when this will be available, eventually?

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes, they are currently working on implementing this feature. There is quite of bit involved in the process, so they are unable to give us a time-frame yet, but they know the importance of it and are working hard to bring this feature to you.

guest-T0EqN000
08-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Good to hear! :)

RefyE
08-24-2013, 05:52 PM
When The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot was in open beta I decided to try it out and made an account. I was not asked to set a username, the system just gave me a random one. I never asked for this to happen and I think it's obvious that people want to be able to choose their own UPlay username..

So I never found out this actually happened untill I bought an online game on my account where I actually had to use UPlay with. So now I'm stuck with this username, still unable to change it. Just imagine you buying a multiplayer game and then finding out you can't even have your own identity in it..

If you send a support ticket you seem to get an answer which indirectly tells you to buy the game again on another account with all progress lost.. How stupid is that?

Now I googled this problem, and it seems that this issue has been around with people for about 2 years already and yet you keep saying from the day it first popped up untill this very day, that this is a feature you're looking forward to implement somewhere in the future..
Well? Where is it? Is it even planned to happen?

You have to understand that I'm pretty pissed about this.. Buying one of your multiplayer games unable to choose my own identity in it. It's just stupid.
Don't mark this as a complaint although it kind of is, it's more of an issue than a complaint that needs to be resolved.

EssY17
08-24-2013, 06:37 PM
So.i wanna change my email on uplay/ubisoft account but i have no idea how.. as i stopped using my old email for some time it ended up getting blocked ( too what i read for that a spambot orso used my acc ) but i seem too be unable to unblock it=/ so i cant look @ the promo stuff for ac4 etc i wud really like too change my emailadress plz help :)
(it wudnt suprise me if theres already a topic about it but i wasnt able too find it that quickly)

Regards EssY

DrafinTolra
08-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Seems like a lot of us got hit with the "guest" bug.

DrafinTolra
08-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah, this is important enough to me that I'm staying away from other "uplay" games until name changes can be implemented. Especially since I did not choose this one. Horrible customer service not be able to change this without creating a new account and repurchasing games. I find it difficult to believe that this can not be fixed if Ubi found it a priority.

math12142
08-26-2013, 01:04 AM
hey ! yesterday i have created an uplay account and i have put a CD-key. But today, i found that i have forget my email .... please help

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Hi Math12142, please use the logins that you have just used to create this thread to launch a ticket with Support, (it should actually be the same though) so they can recover your old account/email address. The other option is to give them a quick call.

To contact Support:

Click on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/
By Phone - Support Team in your region: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Essy17 - The "Edit Account" feature within Uplay is currently under maintenance, so unfortunately, for the time being, Support will have to help you with this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To contact Support:

Click on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/
By Phone - Support Team in your region: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

belarm2
08-30-2013, 08:56 PM

If implementing this feature is as difficult as Ubi reps keep making it out to be, then you need to refactor your codebase, and you need to do it now. This is such an incredibly simple thing to implement that it shouldn't have taken but a few minutes. Surely, you identify accounts via a UID, not a username they were allowed to pick, or was randomly assigned to them, no? Surely, that UID is an auto-generated number, and not tied in any way to any personal information of the client using it, as that would open you up to massive security breaches. Surely, you're using relational database models which make all of this beyond trivial to do, right? I mean, surely someone there has a degree in CS or Software Engineering, or at least took a DBA class at some point, right?

Or did I manage to stumble on to the answer to your actual problem somewhere in my rant which should have been satirical?

Final point: Localization team? How many new languages will you have to translate "Please enter a username" into? Isn't that already in your translated string library somewhere?

I know you're a representative, and have to present a positive narrative for every issue (because gods forbid Ubisoft admit fault), but to those of us who have actually seen source code before, this kind of answer is an insulting blow-off - you know, what we've come to expect from Ubi.

askobilv
09-01-2013, 08:18 AM
i have to share my thoughts regarding ubi's support, I've been contacting ubi for simple single request several times:
change my username (actually remove a single character from my user)

but they said NO
so i suggested they will unregister my games so i register them in new account, NO
i told them they can transfer my games to a new account i'll make, NO

everything i ask or suggest i get NO NO NO
this is so disappointing i cant even start to tell how, dear ubisoft this is not the kind of attitude you should follow if you want happy customers, i paid alot of money for your games and not answering a simple request on my behalf is ridiculous
i doubt i'll buy any other ubi title in the future until you decide to turn your database into something more modern or your attitude.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi As_kobilv,

I know its frustrating, but please see Ubi-Noemie's previous response regarding Username changes:

"The developer team is already working to implement this feature in the future. Unfortunately, as we already explained, it takes time to develop it because of many, many reasons.

Kind regards".

belarm2
09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
"The developer team is already working to implement this feature in the future. Unfortunately, as we already explained, it takes time to develop it because of many, many reasons.

Any indication what those many, many reasons might be? I still can't understand what is so difficult about this proposal, nor can any programmers/developers I've spoken with.

To clarify: after nearly two decades of programming, the suggestions I listed in my last post are the only reasons I can think of why this would be such a difficult undertaking.

It's a username, FFS. Believe it or not, belarm2 was not my first choice, either. People's handles are their identities online, and I doubt many people anticipated they'd be using your client to run dozens of games with the same crappy username they chose when they installed a game they had purchased, and then found that you were requiring them to create an account.

This issue is not exactly having a positive effect on my likelihood of ever purchasing one of your games again.

ben69007
09-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Hello Ubi,
I know this is more simple to say than to do, but i could suggest you an idea :
You could add a "Set NICKNAME" option as you did for the "Set CLAN TAG" option in farcryoutpost.com and simply hide the Uplay login in the display of multiplayer mode..? And put in the "Set NICKNAME" option the default Uplay login if it is not changed.
This would avoid to swap or mix Nicknames with Uplay login and keep inalienable the original basic Uplay login.
Maybe you're already working in this way..?
(sorry for my limited english)
Best regards.

mechcaster
09-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Submitted a "screen name" change for the forums 3 days ago... must be swamped. There has been so much negative energy around uPlay and this is just another point of this energy. Many other internet forums allow you to set your own "screen name". The inability to do such just places uPlay and the forums themselves behind just about everyone else out there. There are so many canned forum packages out there that offer this feature. Hope this "feature" arrives soon, it should have been there to start with.

guest-TwLWM7d4
09-11-2013, 07:28 PM
~Edited~ I understand that maybe it is deficult to solve the problem but in the name of god: Why NEW players still use the same template (guest-xxxxxxxx)? Stup.idity force is too strong here... KEEP THE GOOD WORK UBI !!!!!! R.I.P. FAREWELL

guest-TwLWM7d4

PD: Steam's shadow is too big for you.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi Protoiron - You're right. They are experiencing a high amount of inquiries at the moment, but you may give them a quick call if you wish - http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

guest-TwLWM7d4 - I know its frustrating. They are working hard to have this feature implemented for everyone. I wasn't given a time-frame, but that its in the works.

IKingsmanI
09-13-2013, 03:30 PM
I have to using this old one, because i can't even change it. Every other community program like Steam or Origin - have option to make a new ID for account. Why the hell Uplay doesn't? It's really pathetic, I am sorry.

Otherwise - make a transport of my games for a new account, that would do.

guest-lLMcPa5b
09-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Come on guys, this is just ridiculous. How long is it gonna take to implement such a simple feature? 2? 3 years?
Someone at Ubi needs to realize this is losing you a lot of sales and credibility. Allocate the appropriate resources for this feature already!
Or be doomed to continue losing my and many other's business.

JynxxVMPR
09-15-2013, 04:11 AM
My issue isn't so much the fact that my name is Guest***** as it is that I am proudly broadcasting private information to the world whenever I go into a multiplayer game. When I made this username, I wasn't thinking that I wouldn't be able to turn off the visibility and make a sort of display name visible for all my games like I'm used to doing. Still, I guess slow progress is still progress. At least there are people working on implementing the features.

askobilv
09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Come on guys, this is just ridiculous. How long is it gonna take to implement such a simple feature? 2? 3 years?
Someone at Ubi needs to realize this is losing you a lot of sales and credibility. Allocate the appropriate resources for this feature already!
Or be doomed to continue losing my and many other's business.

indeed, this is getting seriously annoying
i dont mind them not having a feature to change username but why tech support cant change it after i begged them for couple of months?
ubisoft took a decision to not change usernames in any way and this decision is what stopping me from playing and/or buying new ubisoft titles

askobilv
09-16-2013, 08:45 AM
sadly it wont happen
i've been asking ubi's support for a nick change for months and everytime its no no no
i asked to unregister the games and they refused
i agreed to make a new one and have them move my games from the old one to the new and they refused
this is not a technology limitation but a decision ubisoft took not to allow anyone to change username (unless some really extreme condition is met i bet they will change it)

Tully__
09-16-2013, 09:25 AM
I believe the username thing is currently a technology limitation related to the integration of the forum, ubi.com and UPlay user databases. The development teams are well aware of the issues and may address them when the opportunity arises during a future technology revamp. For the time being though, we're stuck with unchangeable usernames (including me). I'm not Ubisoft staff, just a community volunteer, so a member of staff may correct me if this information is not up to date.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, as Tully stated, the feature is currently being worked on. Here is the announcement from the Uplay community Manager.

Hello,

Kind regards,

MelvinZoo
09-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Just checking for an update on any progress that has been made on this issue. This thread is being followed by a major consumer advocacy group for reporting purposes and quality monitoring.

Thank you

processmagic
09-30-2013, 02:57 PM
YES it true the username once taken cannot be changed think that they take primary key as our username.

Ubi-Lhainiev
09-30-2013, 03:47 PM
It is currently be worked on, please see the response from the Community Manager and thanks for your patience during this time!

Hello,

Kind regards,

Hawkwing21
10-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Sign this petition guys, maybe they'll listen. Maybe.
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-allow-us-to-change-usernames-2

O wait. Nevermind. Read the above post. Thanks Ubi :)

Ubi-Lhainiev
10-02-2013, 01:30 PM
~Closing old thread~

Ubi-Lhainiev
10-02-2013, 01:47 PM
:)

belarm2
10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Sign this petition guys, maybe they'll listen. Maybe.
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-allow-us-to-change-usernames-2

O wait. Nevermind. Read the above post. Thanks Ubi :)

They've been 'working on it' for as long as I can remember (at least since ACII, IIRC). Don't get your hopes up. If they haven't implemented it by now, I can't think of any reason other than their codebase being unmitigated crap (having seen uplay run a few times, this hypothesis seems pretty plausible).

jyleann
10-04-2013, 10:12 PM
So changing username in the future will also affect all Ubisoft Games like Ghost Recon Online? I had my Uplay Account deleted. I "recreated" an account again with the same username as the deleted account to trick Ghost Recon Online on letting me have the same username and hoping to start anew in GRO. But my GRO account was never deleted. The linked username on GRO was linked again to my new Uplay account (with the same username).

EssY17
10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi Essy17 - The "Edit Account" feature within Uplay is currently under maintenance, so unfortunately, for the time being, Support will have to help you with this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To contact Support:

you can now change email..but it will message my old email & seeing that is blocked.. it wont work.. & the normal support also goes too your email so that doesnt help either & how much wud the phone support cost (in the netherlands) or any other way too change my email cos this kinda sux lol ^^'

kiyoxkyo
10-08-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping we'll be able to change our usernames.
However much time it is needed, take twice as much if it's going to work. Thanks. :D

askobilv
10-10-2013, 10:22 AM
all i asked was to change my username few months ago
i know technologically that his change is possible but ubisoft has decided to adopt a vision that usernames cannot be changed,

i completely understand that BUT, in the Edit account section via web right next to username it says "contact support to change your username"
so that's what i did and after i got rejected few times i sent them a screenshot showing that i should contact them, then they finally agreed BUT they told me the following:

"Hello. Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support..... The username cannot be changed. But, changes to the username may cause you to lose access to any PC games that are registered to that account or cause issues in Multiplayer games. The more games you have registered to the account increases the chances of any games becoming unavailable...."

what? why should i lose games i paid for? and hows chance has anything to do with it? i don't see why i need to worry about losing games, and if by any chance my games will be deleted why cant it be restored?

while i got rejected i made a new account with the desired username thinking maybe they will agree to transfer my games there instead of changing username but they declined, so when they finally agreed to change my username and i agreed to take the "risk" they told me the name is already taken, i told them of course it is since i made a new account with that name but if they agree to rename my username they can delete that account i made since it was empty anyway

but then they told me that if account gets deleted they cant use it's username and the username become usable forever, cmon ubisoft are you serious?
i asked for 2 tier support got nothing, i have no one to talk to but the one person who is assigned to my case

eventually i got an answer from him "Unfortunately we are unable to change any Usernames in the system" that's it? you just changed your mind about it?
man all i have to say im extremely disappointing with you ubi and its a shame since i really like your games

Ubi-Lhainiev
10-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi As_kobilv - I know this is frustrating and sorry for the inconvenience so far! Please scroll up just a tad and view Ubi-Noemie's response on this topic. I quoted it in grey.

The good news is they are working on bringing it to us. Bad news is we still have to wait a bit. :) Thank you for your patience!

disregardauthor
10-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi As_kobilv - I know this is frustrating and sorry for the inconvenience so far! Please scroll up just a tad and view Ubi-Noemie's response on this topic. I quoted it in grey.

The good news is they are working on bringing it to us. Bad news is we still have to wait a bit. :) Thank you for your patience!

Ubisoft needs to stop thanking us for our patience. We are impatient, and rightly so, because we as customers have asked for a simple function affecting the products we have bought - a function provided by every other company/service in the market - and Ubisoft has basically told us we can go kill ourselves for all they care. I realize that there's apparently a failure of communication between the customers, the company, and the forum moderators, but this is incredibly insulting to us.

I can already predict what the response to this is going to be; something along the lines of, "We are working on it, but it will take until the end of time for reasons unknown. We could offer you some feeble excuse about how the programming will take a long time, but we both of us know it'd be a quick change and my excuses wouldn't hold up under scrutiny. So please wait patiently for eternity, kthxbye".

Perhaps a moderator will even copy-paste the same response that they've put on this thread a 1000 times already. "Bear in mind that implementing that kind of feature requires development time, careful testing, bug fixing if necessary and finally, coordination with the localisation team." From a customer service standpoint, when people tell you that they didn't buy your excuse, it's not wise to post that exact same excuse over and over again, word for word, in response to every single question asked of you. EVERYTHING regarding a computer program requires development time. but allowing people to change their usernames does not require a large amount - it shouldn't take weeks, let alone years, and yet it's been years since I first saw people complaining about this.

Edit: Asking us to wait any further essentially means that they haven't even started to add name change functions. I see that MONTHS ago in this very topic, Ubisoft representatives asked us to wait. Since it doesn't take months to make this change, they essentially haven't worked on it at all during that time. Frankly, people want deadlines. Saying "We don't know how long it will take" is insulting to our intelligence; if you had even started at all, then you would know how long it's going to take, and the answer would be "Tomorrow." We refuse to wait indefinitely. I've already beaten the game where this username feature first annoyed me. It is now old and I wouldn't even play it anymore. This shouldn't be an issue YEARS after that game was released. I've essentially been made to deal with this annoyance throughout entire series of games and multiple fiscal quarters with no response from the company.Steam and other equivalent products do not have any such problems.

fastkillerexe
10-29-2013, 04:39 PM
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-allow-us-to-change-usernames-2 Please if you want the name change feature vote !

NorkDorf
11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I have contacted Ubisoft support many times and they said that this is a feature they want to implement into the system. The ability to change your account name. I would love to change my account name for online play. I hear you can change your name after Assassins Creed 3 if you started your account after that game, but anyone that has supported Ubisoft from the beginning won't be able to change their account names. Could you guys please allow us to change our names? This is a feature a lot of gamers would like to have right now.

alexshubert
11-11-2013, 08:07 PM
1 year and 3 months later: still implementing, testing and ... and what? Ubi are you still there?

sh0ut_HiRO
11-15-2013, 10:49 AM
EVERY other platform has this feature. Ubisoft knows about our wish for 2+ years. Do you really think they will implement this?
It's just a simple db change that the users should be able to do by themselves. All they say to justify their process is just a huge pile of BS.

How can a company obviously lie to their customers and people are still buying their games?

Tully__
11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
It's just a simple db change...
Disclaimer: I am not an Ubisoft employee

You're correct that it's a db change, but it isn't even remotely simple. There are three or four integrated systems sharing the user login verification, forums, UPlay and Ubishop are three and I think Ubi.com is a fourth. Changing your username means redesigning all the systems so that no problems occur on any of them when the name is changed.

As some of these systems were bought as a package from 3rd party developres and do not use the same db table format, there are custom db interfaces involved as well to convert the db table data into a form that can be used by each component. There are also limitations on modifications that can be done to copyright third party packages by Ubi staff, so the developers for those components also have to be involved. In making changes to the 3rd party packages, the developers also have to consider their other customers or make a custom build for Ubisoft. And so forth.... you should be getting an idea by not that it's not anywhere near as simple as just switching on a user option.

All that being said, Ubisoft are very aware that this feature is much desired by their customer base and may be affecting sales. They have a real interest in pleasing customers wherever feasible and will certainly add this feature as soon as economically possible.

bolz87
11-15-2013, 07:24 PM
as soon as economically possible.
Ubisoft is not an indie company, put this in your mind

Tully__
11-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Ubisoft is not an indie company, put this in your mind
Indeed, but they still must justify expenditures to stockholders and the team responsible for web development still have to work within the budget allowed them.
Also as I have pointed out, some of the changes required are dependent on third party development teams. If they are unable or unwilling to make the required changes in the short term no amount of money thrown at the problem is going to speed it up.

spider808
11-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Hello everyone. I have an account in Uplay where I bought the game Ramon, I created an account in Uplay yesterday, but I forgot to which email account I created. I can tell you my contact details only help restore account. I created this account that would write the letter. Moderators Uplay help restore akkaunt.Nik my account that I want to return NekechApploid.

Tully__
11-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello everyone. I have an account in Uplay where I bought the game Ramon, I created an account in Uplay yesterday, but I forgot to which email account I created. I can tell you my contact details only help restore account. I created this account that would write the letter. Moderators Uplay help restore akkaunt.Nik my account that I want to return NekechApploid.
No-one on the forum staff is able to assist with this.
You will need to contact support at https://support.ubi.com/

guest-iHx2Rit0
11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
yeah this is really ridiculous. I didnt pick this screwed up name..... Do the console people here http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/news/new-uplay-interface-ps4-xbox-one have the same issues?

PrimusPalus
11-18-2013, 03:23 AM
No-one on the forum staff is able to assist with this.
You will need to contact support at https://support.ubi.com/

Be awesome if the support page was working. I typed out a whole ticket twice and it said the system wasn't working.

NeilAnk
11-19-2013, 08:00 AM
This is lame and I will not be purchasing any Uplay games in future if I cannot have my game player and account name different . Who uses their actual name in game , this is just stupid if it is unable to be changed as this is how it appears to be . Clearly Origin and Steam are by far superior in looking after their customers privacy and in general . Fix it as at this point in time :

Uplay = FAIL !

NoFearWizz_
11-20-2013, 09:42 PM
As i tried many times before to get this account name changed. Somehow my games are split over 2 accounts because of PSN connection to one account and pc games bought on another account.
I'm very dissapointed that ubi can't change this around. Now i have to switch accounts to get things sorted. (even remove from one and add to the other wasn't possible)

masterhacker1
11-21-2013, 11:43 AM
I have an Uplay account and have grown tired of the name, I searched for a way to change the name of my uplay account and found this forum post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782218-Why-can-t-I-change-my-username

"Ubi-Noemie" says:
"
Hello,

Kind regards,
"

So I was wondering when this feture to be able to change your account name will be released?

Anykeyer
11-21-2013, 04:31 PM

You're correct that it's a db change, but it isn't even remotely simple. There are three or four integrated systems sharing the user login verification, forums, UPlay and Ubishop are three and I think Ubi.com is a fourth. Changing your username means redesigning all the systems so that no problems occur on any of them when the name is changed.

As some of these systems were bought as a package from 3rd party developres and do not use the same db table format, there are custom db interfaces involved as well to convert the db table data into a form that can be used by each component. There are also limitations on modifications that can be done to copyright third party packages by Ubi staff, so the developers for those components also have to be involved. In making changes to the 3rd party packages, the developers also have to consider their other customers or make a custom build for Ubisoft. And so forth.... you should be getting an idea by not that it's not anywhere near as simple as just switching on a user option.

All that being said, Ubisoft are very aware that this feature is much desired by their customer base and may be affecting sales. They have a real interest in pleasing customers wherever feasible and will certainly add this feature as soon as economically possible.

I agree with you and I personally learned the hard way how is it dealing with 3rd party component developers.

But there is an easy solution to this problem. What you have to do is just add new row into the table and save new alias in it, not change existing value. This way all future developments will use new value (something easily changeable) while legacy code (old games and hard to update services) can continue to work with the old one.

dougealey
11-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Dear Ubi-Noemie -

Thanks for the feedback, though I note it is dated JULY - can you move on with this please? I will NOT knowingly buy another U-Play game until I can change my username; I don't want my real name being used in games, as you get some very angry people out there...

And for future users of U=Play, please MAKE CLEAR that the user name WILL appear within games, and isn't just a login! Very confusingly set up.

Yours exasperated

D

NorkDorf
11-25-2013, 12:41 AM
I don't mind Uplay but I would really like to be able to change my account name as well. I like to be more unique and I made this account when I was younger. Uplay can you make it so we can change our name please?

NorkDorf
11-25-2013, 12:48 AM
I have contacted Uplay support to get my name changed and this was their reply "We greatly appreciate the support for the feature and we will report it. Sadly, we have been reporting to the developers about this feature since the onset of Uplay (as we want to have the functionality as well in order to better serve our customers), but as of this moment we do not know more regarding when the feature may become available. Hopefully, in the future we will gain this functionality so that we can assist you with situations such as this, but unfortunately the older PC titles have back end configuration issues with updating usernames. Keep an eye out on the forums and our websites in general in the future and you may see an announcement when/if the functionality becomes available for us. Once again, we are terribly sorry that we are unable to assist you with your issue at this time."

I called them before also and they said if this gets enough attention on the forums or in general then they will implement it most likely. I am surprised we can't do this yet

MaceoniK
11-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Seems like people have been asking for this option, ever since uplay was first conceived (about five years ago), and the only answer we get is - "it could happen in the future"... If they don't have any plans to ever make it happen, I'd rather they just say.

NorkDorf
11-28-2013, 08:58 AM
I wish they would just let us change our names, it should be easy to implement and do. This would also be nice to make clans easier while playing online. It would generate more competitive play and help out the Online portion of Ubisoft games.

Ubi-Lhainiev
11-28-2013, 06:52 PM
It has something to do with the link between the older Ubisoft titles that's making it tricky, as far as I know. If it were easy, I'm sure they would have brought it to you. It's being worked on, is all I know for sure. ;)

Tully__
11-29-2013, 03:52 AM
It pre-dates UPlay. If my memory serves correctly it goes back to Ubi.com game service days when forum, shop and game service username databases were first merged.

Note: I am not an Ubisoft employee, my comment is based on my memory of information posted by past forum/community managers who have moved on to other roles / jobs quite a long time ago.

NorkDorf
11-29-2013, 06:46 AM
It has something to do with the link between the older Ubisoft titles that's making it tricky, as far as I know. If it were easy, I'm sure they would have brought it to you. It's being worked on, is all I know for sure. ;)

"So Your Telling Me There's a Chance...........Yeah!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

:cool:

Ubi-Lhainiev
11-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Yes, definitely, it's just the waiting game thats bothersome :) and thanks Tully!

"So Your Telling Me There's a Chance...........Yeah!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

:cool:

WindyCitySniper
11-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Hurry up and fix it.

Echo_Viper
12-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Fix please :P

Meltdown69
12-02-2013, 02:31 AM
EA/Origin: name change possible
Steam: name change possible
Xboxlive: name change possible
UPLAY: still trying to figure out how to code a name change.
Customer: no more Ubisoft titles until they can figure out how to code their UPLAY interface - it's that bad.

ON_P0INT
12-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Any indication what those many, many reasons might be? I still can't understand what is so difficult about this proposal, nor can any programmers/developers I've spoken with.

To clarify: after nearly two decades of programming, the suggestions I listed in my last post are the only reasons I can think of why this would be such a difficult undertaking.

It's a username, FFS. Believe it or not, belarm2 was not my first choice, either. People's handles are their identities online, and I doubt many people anticipated they'd be using your client to run dozens of games with the same crappy username they chose when they installed a game they had purchased, and then found that you were requiring them to create an account.

This issue is not exactly having a positive effect on my likelihood of ever purchasing one of your games again.

To the patronising *******s at Ubi, stop treating your customers like idots. This sort of thing should not be taking a year to implement.
For the record a happy fan base work much better at preventing piracy than DRM will ever do.

NightHawkRider
12-02-2013, 04:33 AM
You've impressed me Ubisoft, to even think EA was worse than you is laughable now.

Tully__
12-02-2013, 10:30 AM
To the patronising *******s at Ubi, stop treating your customers like idots. This sort of thing should not be taking a year to implement.
For the record a happy fan base work much better at preventing piracy than DRM will ever do.

Please re-read my earlier response....not all the components that may need to be adjusted are under Ubisoft's control and copyright protection on those components may be preventing Ubisoft from doing anything about them. Further, non-disclosure agreements between Ubisoft and their 3rd party suppliers may be preventing Ubisoft from commenting about all the reasons for the delay.
By the way, it's way more than a year. I've been hoping to drop those two silly underscores from my displayed name for a lot longer than that.

NorkDorf
12-04-2013, 06:33 AM
When I called up Ubisoft support awhile back they stated to me that they would love to have this but they want to see it have more exposure before they do it or something like that. Lets spread the word as much as we can to get their attention.

DrakeBurn
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm bumping ,we need this thing...

PrimalClutch
12-11-2013, 06:38 AM
It's sad to see, that it's taking Ubisoft this long to add this feature... :(

guest-dcvegy9F
12-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I just got my copy of Assassin's Creed Black Flag yesterday because my friend recommended it. I signed up for a uplay account before i installed the game. I guess I'll have to wait to play my game until they decide to let us change the user name on our accounts. Good thing I only paid $30 for the game so that I'm not out that much if I can't play the game without my choice of name.

Ohmz.
12-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Please re-read my earlier response....not all the components that may need to be adjusted are under Ubisoft's control and copyright protection on those components may be preventing Ubisoft from doing anything about them. Further, non-disclosure agreements between Ubisoft and their 3rd party suppliers may be preventing Ubisoft from commenting about all the reasons for the delay.
By the way, it's way more than a year. I've been hoping to drop those two silly underscores from my displayed name for a lot longer than that.

Does anyone actually know what's going on? Why can't we get a statement from the developers who have been looking into implementing a name change feature for over a year now? We're not really being told anything...

Why can't Ubisoft create a new database of usernames that they DO have rights over? Why would 3rd party supplies be hindering your ability to implement name changes anyway? Loads of UPLay users have been complaining about this, it doesn't help Ubisoft's image. If Ubisoft's image is bad, then that would affect the 3rd party as well. Who holds the rights over the username system anyway? If Ubisoft actually have no power to make change, then why not say this, and tell us who DOES have the power to fix this, so we can go directly to them with our woes (since Ubisoft isn't willing to do this on behalf of their customers).

This is just silly.

DoomerDGR8
12-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Or at least let us chose between PSN, Xbox Live, or Uplay name until you implement this simple feature.

Augestflex
12-20-2013, 03:23 AM
So yeah.. I just downloaded, installed, and updated this game and was surprised it said my email address was already used. No problem, I logged in with my regular credentials instead of creating a new Uplay account. And here I am sitting with a damn guest user name that there seems to be no way to change. I can tell you I never chose guest-UwrB9GW0 as my user name Grr. This needs to be able to be changed. Terrible.

guest-JP07z9fG
12-20-2013, 06:01 PM
This is in general discussion... That doesn't even make sense.
Also this issue is a several YEARS old? That's quite pathetic, I was pretty sure vBulletin had the ability to change names.

Regardless, I'll never use a Ubisoft product with this name, ever. Consider me as a customer very unsatisfied, whom will avoid Ubisoft products in the future.

EA/Origin: name change possible
Steam: name change possible
Xboxlive: name change possible
UPLAY: still trying to figure out how to code a name change.
Customer: no more Ubisoft titles until they can figure out how to code their UPLAY interface - it's that bad.

Basically this, all over. I take great pride in my name, if I am going to be called Guest, I might as well not even bother with that humiliation.

Hah, I just read all the other replies to this thread and I realize I'm not alone in my thoughts, that's quite pitiful, it seems as if you just dump all your troubles in this thread and then ignore it. Just like any other great company who is interested in providing good customer services.

Chance SL
12-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Ah, to think this problem is years old, I like how I can choose my alias on the forums but no in game, in games I'm "LosingMyMind" I made that years ago as a private joke, completely unaware that it was PERMANENT I think I'm done with Ubisoft games until this issue is actually looked at, I've seen pages & pages of people saying the same thing, how it's ridiculous that you cannot change your IN-GAME name contacting Customer Support the reply is basically "Deal with it", well **** you.

Steam: Chance
Origin: Chance_SL
XBL: Chance SL (it's been that for a couple of years)
UPLAY: LosingMyMind

DrakeBurn
12-25-2013, 12:46 AM
2014 is coming, Ubisoft is working on it since 6 months, I hope someday they will add this option.

Zarunil
12-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I can't believe this isn't an option yet.

I can change my username in all other services I use, why not Uplay? Come on, Ubisoft!

DrJoni_
12-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Quite interesting to not be able to set a username when registering an account. Bought my copy of Trials Evolution GE from Steam, knew I had an account made on Ubisoft, but even when registering I did not get the possibility to create a username.

Not fun being guest-XJ150ZJe.

-guest-XJ150ZJe AKA DrJoni

Ubi-Lhainiev
12-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello,

You would have had an option if you chose to create a new Uplay account upon activation, but not if you signed into your original account to do so.

Please see Ubi-Noemie's response below:

Hello,

Kind regards,

TrulyYoursxoxo
12-28-2013, 02:48 AM
How do you change your username.

Fireseed
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Its not possible to change your username until now.

RedRogue97
12-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Hello,
You would have had an option if you chose to create a new Uplay account upon activation, but not if you signed into your original account to do so.

So let me get this straight, because I had an existing Uplay account on PS3 prior to installation (in my case Rocksmith 2014), and I foolishly thought we could sign in using said accounts, I am being penalized because ...why? I really want to like Ubisoft but you guys are making it very difficult with this extremely customer unfriendly atmosphere.

I was looking forward to joining the Rocksmith forums and participating in the 60 day challenge and playing AC4 multiplayer, but not as GUEST1232478376736

jc83419
12-30-2013, 01:01 AM
omg... already over 6 months, when can we change the freaking name ???????? or give us a nickname .....what a bad system you guys made....

belarm2
12-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Changing your username means redesigning all the systems so that no problems occur on any of them when the name is changed.
Changing a username is little different than opening a new account in this regard - you check that the new username doesn't conflict with any others in any of the linked systems, then you change that field in all relevant tables (there should only be one, of course - preferably with two columns: user *id* [usually simply a unique integer] and user *name*). This is literally the kind of stuff you learn in an intro to relational databases class.

And so forth.... you should be getting an idea by not that it's not anywhere near as simple as just switching on a user option.

Actually, your post shed a lot of light on how Ubisoft's security could be so atrocious - they build software the way the US Government does. If the tables that are backending the system by which Ubisoft *sells games* are that screwed up, they need to scrap them and start fresh. That, or call in a DBA and start normalizing - there is no reason indicated in your post that they could not either add an alias to an account or change the username everywhere it exists.

I'd also be curious to hear why, when deciding to make a new [ game launcher | social media platform | DRM tool | rootkit | storefront ] like UPlay, ostensibly to compete with other, established clients, Ubisoft decided to use such a cobbled-together system in the first place, rather than having dedicated databases for UPlay, and tying their existing ones into it. My guess would be a combination of laziness, cost-cutting, and rampant stupidity, but I'm cynical. Maybe it was space monkeys.

I know you're not responsible for the software in question, but every time I hear someone make excuses for why Ubi can't provide this incredibly simple functionality, said excuses demonstrate 1) that Ubisoft doesn't care and/or 2) that Ubisoft is comically inept at basic software development.

Tully__
12-30-2013, 04:25 AM
I'd also be curious to hear why, when deciding to make a new [ game launcher | social media platform | DRM tool | rootkit | storefront ] like UPlay, ostensibly to compete with other, established clients, Ubisoft decided to use such a cobbled-together system in the first place, rather than having dedicated databases for UPlay, and tying their existing ones into it. My guess would be a combination of laziness, cost-cutting, and rampant stupidity, but I'm cynical. Maybe it was space monkeys.
I can't comment on that as I don't actually work for Ubisoft. Like most of the moderators, I'm just a community volunteer.
Everything I've posted is information that's been publicly released on the forums over the years and is not "inside" information.

belarm2
12-30-2013, 04:53 AM
I can't comment on that as I don't actually work for Ubisoft. Like most of the moderators, I'm just a community volunteer.
Everything I've posted is information that's been publicly released on the forums over the years and is not "inside" information.

I don't expect you to be able to answer that question, Tully - that would be the sort of thing I'd ask a developer if one ever accidentally stumbled onto this forum. My point was that the justifications provided, whatever their source, are so weak as to be insulting to those of us educated enough about software development to know better. If the system you've described is what the developers have actually built, however, I wouldn't expect any of them to be able to answer my questions - any of them with the requisite knowledge and language skills would almost certainly have been driven insane by having to work on such an amazing kludge.

I hope I've not offended you personally - it seems that, by sending you out to defend their terrible decisions with so little information, the devs have screwed you over harder than they have me. If I could forward my complaints to them directly, I would.

XenthosD
12-31-2013, 03:46 AM
I too was greatly annoyed by this "feature". However, the part that irked me the most was not that I could not change the name, but that there are ways to work around it if Customer Service had any desire to be of assistance... and they just did not appear to when I submitted my ticket.

As many others have noted throughout the thread, there does exist the ability to change the email address associated with an account. You can thus "free" your email account using this feature in order to attach a new user name to it.

I personally spent about six days working with customer service on this matter. I still have a log of my conversation; it unfortunately consisted of very little actual conversation, as the request for help just kept getting closed with no response (so there was no indication to me that it had been updated, I eventually had to put the page on a refresh timer so that I could ensure whenever it got closed I could ask why).

There are things that could be done to make customers at least feel a bit happier about technical issues. It should be possible to lock down the old account, and not let it be used for anything at all, and then register the games that were on it to the new account. It's not like people are going to be going through customer service to "steal" games. Every individual who contacts customer service is a paying customer, and should not be treated like "the enemy", which is what I was left feeling.

I am truly grateful to Steam for helping me out on this one. It is the one and only game I have ever asked for a refund on because I was just getting so frustrated with my experience in general (first with the old name, and then with a customer service department that insisted I buy the game all over again). Steam gave me a one-time only refund on the game I purchased, and I am still raving about their response and willingness to work with me.

At the same time, when I do so, I am also talking about my experience with Ubisoft Support; if it is a Ubisoft U-Play game, I advise people to steer away from it. Contacting customer support is not something that I would willingly pursue again, nor would I suggest anyone else here having an issue with name issues do so. The representative I spoke with did not even tell me it was a "future enhancement," he just kept closing my ticket over and over. :/

I do feel that while this technical issue remains, it would be absolutely wonderful for UbiSoft's reputation and sales if Technical Support was re-oriented so that it served the customer first and foremost. That's really what we're looking for, and that would go a long, long way for most of the posters in this thread. :)

guest-XMDYM9zM
12-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Hello,

NOT True, I created this account not a fortnight ago to try Mighty Quest, i've never had a Uplay account before, i was not asked for a Username and was simply assigned a guest name.
Why are people still being assigned random usernames ?

RedRogue97
12-31-2013, 10:42 PM
I just recently purchased Rocksmith 2014 on PC and since I thought I had a UPlay account from the Assassins Creed games on PS3, I logged in with the e-mail and password from that account. Now I'm stuck with a GUEST 9WCBLAHBLAHBLAH user name. Is this for real? Can someone please let me have a real user name or at least the one I had on PS3?

FR4NCH3K
01-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Now, I'm not sure how, but somehow my name is my first and last name for my PC UPlay account. I'm sure you can see how this could be considered a major problem when playing online. There seriously needs to be a way to change this as this is quite ridiculous.

shop5A2037454
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I also logged into an old account and was given this randomly generated name and would like it very much if I had the option to change it. Mostly for the reason that games like Rayman Legends on PC actually put it into the game and it sort of takes you out of the experience.

belarm2
01-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Why are people still being assigned random usernames ?

Here's a cynical suggestion: it could be because Ubisoft believes satisfying existing customers is less beneficial to their bottom line than attracting new ones. That may not be true in the long run, but as long as they can stil:

make back their investment on a title and
sell enough copies of it to convince their shareholders that they're still doing everything they can to increase profits

everyone there will get to keep their job. If my hypothesis is correct, no serious work will be put into this project until the people who determine how development time is divided are convinced that implementing that feature will have a demonstrable positive effect on their revenue (or will appear to in the eyes of aforementioned shareholders).

Of course, if that's true, it demonstrates that Ubisoft is more concerned with the opinions of shareholders than the opinions of their customers.

But then, that's only a hypothesis, and such a change would still only be a bad idea if their software were so horribly designed that no one should ever trust it with any sensitive information (like their credit card information, or an email address they care about, or their real name...). I could be wrong, and I'm certainly rambling.

guest-HEBpOOvN
01-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Uplay sucks.
First and only game that i buyed from ubi or uplay games.

I will stay with steam.

RedRogue97
01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Here's a cynical suggestion: it could be because Ubisoft believes satisfying existing customers is less beneficial to their bottom line than attracting new ones. That may not be true in the long run, but as long as they can stil:

Dang that's pretty cynical. I just don't understand how you can have an account creation system and assign guest user names. Why in the world would anyone want to be a guest? I've honestly never seen that on any other website or online game. Either let the user pick a unique handle or don't create an account.

diexnow
01-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Hello,

Kind regards,

How is it possible that since July 7th. 2013 you guys haven't been able to implement a feature to allow to use a profile name to show ingame, just like Steam does and has since I can't even remember! Just joined today because i bought Far Cry 3 on Steam and I was forced to try Uplay. Of which I'm already dissapointed.

I can't believe a company responsible of titles such Assasin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia and upcomming Watch Dogs can't be able to "develop" a simple feature for the community.

You guys are bad, and should feel bad.

RedRogue97
01-07-2014, 02:06 AM
I just wanted to post to say that customer service helped me change my name from GUESTXXXXX to what it is now. I can't say if they will help you if you already have an established username, but if you have a GUEST name, try submitting a help ticket and Ubisoft support will probably help you.

Thanks again Logan!:D

Gypsocute
01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
now i contact them via ticket.Now, my username change but i can't play M&M hero 6 online, it 's say the key already taken what????????? someone can help me please

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi, you will need to open a ticket with Support about the key.

Please be aware keys can only be used once and are tied to the account redeemed, once redeemed just sign in with the Uplay Account which was used to initially install.

Profanicus_
01-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi, shop28EB93478 here! No, I didn't choose that name. :P

I have a ticket in for a name change, but I'm being told I *may* lose access to all my games, and if I do then Ubi "would not be able to provide access to any of the games or features lost".

Yeah not too happy about that.

Mr._Pseudonym
01-14-2014, 09:15 PM
:^/ Your Tech Support guy Dennis misspelled my user name. It's supposed to have a capital P. Mr._Pseudonym.

Correct this, please, as it is UPlay's error.

[Edit for update:]
:^. I filled out a support ticket, and now my user name as listed atop the page reads "Mr._Psedonym," as requested. -but the posts still have the wrong spelling on them. What the heck?

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi Mr._Pseudonym - Please update your existing ticket with Support. If its closed, please create a new one. The moderators of the forum do not have access to Admin tools. Thanks so much :)

Spazzmatica
01-17-2014, 02:58 AM
I made my Uplay account back around when Assassin's Creed 2 came out, and I was a few years younger at the time. As such, I was more naive and gave myself an account name that I now despise, and it's come back to haunt me now that I've purchased a Ubisoft game for the PC. (My forum username is my Xbox one)

I really wish that you were able to change your username because lord knows I can't be the only one in a situation like this. Don't get me wrong, it's not a huge deal, but it would make me more willing to deal with the Uplay interface if I could. That or at least let me transfer the game to a new account with the name I prefer, rather than being stuck with it like this.

Echo_Viper
01-19-2014, 07:32 AM
Ugh name change feature still not implemented :/

Hulk2120
01-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Hello users, it appears that I must speak my mind regarding Uplay usernames as 3 years have passed and not a thing has changed.

Many of the thousands of Uplay users and I are stuck with the same issue. We can't change our usernames, some of us chose our usernames years ago when we were young or we had someone else make our account for us and as time has passed we decided we dislike our username and wish for a change, or there are the others who have purchased a game and been automatically assigned a default name such as "SHOP" followed by many various numbers and letters.

Lacking the ability to change our names in this modern day is quite appauling, Uplay is one of the only organisations lacking this feature. Steam has the ability to change your public display name, Origin has the ability to change username yet Uplay doesn't? The reason Uplay doesn't have this feature is unclear to me, for years now people have been requesting username changes with some forum posts dating back to 2011 yet the function just isn't here. Does Uplay not care about their users? Forum moderators and administrators have been claiming that a feature to change usernames is in development, for over a year they have been saying this yet nothing has happened. I'll believe it when I see it.
Until then I refuse to purchase another game developed by Ubisoft. They will not receive any of my money. Not a dime.

Despite people requesting name changes for years, nowhere on the account registration page or Terms of Service does it mention that your username will not be changeable.
Some users have attempted to contact support for a username change, some have succeeded. However what they were not informed of is that all games purchased on their account are no longer playable. All CD Keys are were longed linked to their account and were required to repurchase all of their games again.

I have created this petition and I request your support in signing it. Help spread it around with your friends, facebook, twitter, forums or even set it as your Ubisoft signature.
Your support is greatly appreciated and I hope to see change.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-let-us-change-usernames

I would not be surprised if this thread gets deleted or locked by forum Moderators and I will be posting this message on other websites and forum sections.
Thank you for your support.

Hulk2120
01-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Hello users, it appears that I must speak my mind regarding Uplay usernames as 3 years have passed and not a thing has changed.

Many of the thousands of Uplay users and I are stuck with the same issue. We can't change our usernames, some of us chose our usernames years ago when we were young or we had someone else make our account for us and as time has passed we decided we dislike our username and wish for a change, or there are the others who have purchased a game and been automatically assigned a default name such as "SHOP" followed by many various numbers and letters.

Lacking the ability to change our names in this modern day is quite appauling, Uplay is one of the only organisations lacking this feature. Steam has the ability to change your public display name, Origin has the ability to change username yet Uplay doesn't? The reason Uplay doesn't have this feature is unclear to me, for years now people have been requesting username changes with some forum posts dating back to 2011 yet the function just isn't here. Does Uplay not care about their users? Forum moderators and administrators have been claiming that a feature to change usernames is in development, for over a year they have been saying this yet nothing has happened. I'll believe it when I see it.
Until then I refuse to purchase another game developed by Ubisoft. They will not receive any of my money. Not a dime.

Despite people requesting name changes for years, nowhere on the account registration page or Terms of Service does it mention that your username will not be changeable.
Some users have attempted to contact support for a username change, some have succeeded. However what they were not informed of is that all games purchased on their account are no longer playable. All CD Keys are were longed linked to their account and were required to repurchase all of their games again.

I have created this petition and I request your support in signing it. Help spread it around with your friends, facebook, twitter, forums or even set it as your Ubisoft signature.
Your support is greatly appreciated and I hope to see change.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...ange-usernames

I would not be surprised if this thread gets deleted or locked by forum Moderators and I will be posting this message on other websites and forum sections.
Thank you for your support.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...ange-usernames

TrailsT
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Hey, I totally agree with what you said however i have heard that they can change it?

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Hello Hulk and TrailsT,

Please see the community managers response below. Thank you.

Hello,

Kind regards,

TrailsT
01-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Do you know how long this will take?

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Sorry, Trails T, we do not have a time-frame to announce at the moment. The community will be the first to know when we do.

TrailsT
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Will it be this year? Do you know?

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-21-2014, 03:25 PM
We aren't sure on that yet, sorry.

TrailsT
01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Can you can change our usernames your end?

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Hello TrailsT,

Changing usernames isn't a service we currently provide. When this becomes available as a feature in the future, we will let everyone know.

cobaltwire88
01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Not having this feature from the start in all honesty was a very dumb move. Forcing players to use their account username as their ingame display name is a personal account security problem. It might not sound like it, but this is an absolute big deal. The idea that random people I don't know playing online will know the username for my account anytime I decide to play online isn't very comforting. I understand that development takes time and all but this is an issue that I highly recommend you guys over there get hot on fixing. I don't usually act like this, but a mistake like this is absolutely inexcusable. I'm hoping you guys are really working on this and not just saying you are, because I'm not buying another game from this company until this is fixed. Seriously, what the heck were you all thinking when you left this feature out?

Hulk2120
01-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Sign the petition in my signature. All posts I've created regarding the topic have been deleted.

Ubi-Lhainiev
01-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Hello Hulk2120,

While we appreciate your passion on the subject, a petition will not have any affect on the speed with which this feature is introduced. The UPlay developers are aware that it's a feature many customers are waiting to see introduced, and we will make an announcement when the feature is available.

Chance SL
01-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Hulk, I've already signed a few petitions but apparently it's being worked on so like Lhainiev says the petition won't make it happen faster. I would be happy if I was allowed to use this name in game other than LosingMyMind, I chose that name as a joke years ago, but had to stick with it unfortunately, so just have to wait, it should be quite simple because you can pick your Forum name why not in-game, I'm just shocked...

playlisting
02-02-2014, 06:30 PM
I remember reading that UPlay is soon going to allow us to change our username. Is there a time frame for when that feature will be added?

Dicehunter
02-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Some info from Ubisoft about this would be nice

Ubi-Leorthian
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Hello playlisting and OFarrell86,

We have not yet announced a time frame for introducing name changing as an option for Uplay accounts. As Ubi-Lhainiev mentioned above, the developers are aware that this is a feature that many Uplay customers would like to see implemented. We will let everyone know once there is more information regarding when a feature like this will be available.

AlexBurnout97
02-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Hi. For many years, Uplay has been hated for the non-existent ID changer, just like PSN. I want to know who do I have to ask for an Username edit.

Hulk2120
02-13-2014, 08:09 AM
So I'm pissed off and I have been for over a year now that I STILL can't change my username, despite being told numerous times that it's "in development"
Smells like BS to me.

Because of this I have refused to purchase any games developed by Ubisoft, but I've been told AC4 is the best one yet, and I'm struggling to resist.
I want CONFIRMATION that username changes will indeed be implimented. I want a 100% certain answer if it WILL or WON'T happen

If the answer is no, you're not getting anything.

Ubi-Leorthian
02-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello Alex,

There is no way for you to change your display name directly in Uplay, but this is a service we're working on integrating into the platform. If you contact our support team, depending on the circumstances they may be able to assist you with changing your account name, but this is not a service we generally offer and all decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

You can contact our support team through our ticket system found here: http://support.ubi.com/
Alternatively if you would like to contact support by phone you can find the contact number here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Ubi-Leorthian
02-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Hulk2120, Until a feature is implemented, we can't say with 100% certainty that it will be integrated into the platform. The ability to change names is one that we know many users would like to see, and we want to provide users with the best experience, so we want to add this feature into Uplay. However, until the feature is actually live, there is always the possibility that unforeseen complications can arise and block the addition of said feature.

What I can tell you is that we are committed to adding this feature to the platform and as long as adding it will not adversely impact other aspects of Uplay, we will continue to work on providing users with the ability to change their display name in a future update.

mrmcnag
02-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Now, I'm not sure how, but somehow my name is my first and last name for my PC UPlay account. I'm sure you can see how this could be considered a major problem when playing online. There seriously needs to be a way to change this as this is quite ridiculous.

although I don't play in online multiple games, the fact that my real name is linked to a database for everybody to see worldwide is not how I imagined playing some games that interest me.... I don't want my real name to be linked to what I do in spare time; I can't even see why laws don't forbid such a way of working around with accounts for games.

bvandiviere
02-17-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm surprised developers would let this be an issue for so long

ryanmc2033
02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm surprised developers would let this be an issue for so long

Developers hardly ever get to decide which feature gets worked on, blame the Managers.

guest-F9pS8GRI
02-24-2014, 05:18 PM
It's funny somewhere around 4 years are people now complaining, around the middle of last year is finaly the announcement that they will work on this, and 6-8 month later it's still unknown when the feature will be implemented.

I guess a poor guy, who alrdy has to much to do, got this as his overtime work and now he is trying all alone to fix something someone ****ed up.

pedromisilva2
02-24-2014, 05:31 PM
i am still waiting for that option call change name how much time do u still need for it to happen 1 year , 5 years or maybe 50 years when i have kids and dont have time to play
work faster omg

guest-07bqF4Pj
02-26-2014, 04:50 AM
I don't think they'll ever implement this.

A quick web search dug up a year old thread Ubisoft locked out with a lame generic response of "We've presented the idea to the dev team". Issuing a user-name is not a difficult option by any stretch....they're just lazy as hell.

Ubi-Leorthian
02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Hello everyone,

We understand that waiting for the implementation of a feature you really want to see added to Uplay can be frustrating, and we thank you for your patience while we work on the best ways of implementing it. Why is it so difficult to allow the change of username? As you may know, Uplay is now the authentication system for all the Ubisoft titles released since 2009, that's why you have a Uplay account. The issue lies with the fact that each game has its own dependences. The Uplay team is now trying to find the best global solution for this issue, one which will allow you to change your username without breaking any of these dependences.

The system is being worked on, but given the disparate titles covered by the system, it's an addition that takes a lot of work to implement.

AT7i
02-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone,

We understand that waiting for the implementation of a feature you really want to see added to Uplay can be frustrating, and we thank you for your patience while we work on the best ways of implementing it. Why is it so difficult to allow the change of username? As you may know, Uplay is now the authentication system for all the Ubisoft titles released since 2009, that's why you have a Uplay account. The issue lies with the fact that each game has its own dependences. The Uplay team is now trying to find the best global solution for this issue, one which will allow you to change your username without breaking any of these dependences.

The system is being worked on, but given the disparate titles covered by the system, it's an addition that takes a lot of work to implement.

Thank you for your response.

I check this thread every now and again to see the progress and it's nice to hear that it is being worked on.

guest-cnlrzXDq
03-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Hello
My nickname is guest-cnlrzXDq i chance RxRElegance ?

shop28F2619F2
03-01-2014, 11:57 PM
You're out of luck.
Ubisoft in all it's wise Wisdom...

Doesn't allow for name changes, you can't make a new account and transfer games to the new account or merge accounts.

The only choice you have is to delete your accounts and make a new one, however your CD Keys will be permanently banned, never to be usable again.
Otherwise, you're stuck with that name and Ubisoft will only tell you to #dealwithit

They have been claiming for *years* that they are looking into allowing name changes, hasn't happened yet, so don't expect it to happen in the immediate future.

Ubi-Leorthian
03-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Hello guest-cnlrzXDq,

Thank you for contacting us with your question. As shop28F2619F2 says, there is currently no way for you to change the name of your account, however we are aware that this is a feature many people would enjoy and we're working on the best way to implement the feature without adversely affecting any of the games that the platform supports (The vast majority of Ubisoft games since 2009 use Uplay for activation).

shop4586A56E7
03-03-2014, 11:56 PM
look back on the thread timeline,most of the thread your being told we are working on it. but it truth they don't care. i think they are like" just keep on buying our crap losers"

pedromisilva2
03-05-2014, 03:05 PM
i dont know why u take so much time to do what us clients buying your game and paying your salary asking u to do steam have it origin have it only uplay dont have it i dont know why !!!!!
work on this not take that much time and if you do not know ask for help for steam or origin

Ubi-Leorthian
03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Changing account names is an involved process as there are a wide range of games with a wide range of dependencies that will be affected by changes to such a fundamental part of the Uplay account system. We want to give our users the ability, but we won't add the ability until we're certain that the way we are implementing it won't break other systems and/or games that use Uplay for authorisation. Other platforms do offer a way for users to change their persona, but doing so can have adverse affects in some games, for example in Day Z changing your Steam persona could lead to your character being inaccessible and you starting from the beginning with a new character again. Thankfully this issue was minor as you could regain access to your character simply by changing your persona back to the original, but issues like this are things we want to avoid, especially if the results have an unforeseen permanent affect on games and/or game saves.

Thank you for your patience while we work to bring this feature to Uplay.

guest-FUMcGf8H
03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Changing account names is an involved process as there are a wide range of games with a wide range of dependencies that will be affected by changes to such a fundamental part of the Uplay account system. We want to give our users the ability, but we won't add the ability until we're certain that the way we are implementing it won't break other systems and/or games that use Uplay for authorisation. Other platforms do offer a way for users to change their persona, but doing so can have adverse affects in some games, for example in Day Z changing your Steam persona could lead to your character being inaccessible and you starting from the beginning with a new character again. Thankfully this issue was minor as you could regain access to your character simply by changing your persona back to the original, but issues like this are things we want to avoid, especially if the results have an unforeseen permanent affect on games and/or game saves.

Thank you for your patience while we work to bring this feature to Uplay.

Considering how long it's taking, that effectively means that as long as new games are released, the feature will not be implemented, ever.

Or of course, you could have been lying to people in the first place to give them false hope due to the negative PR the problem is giving you, which is always within the realm of possibility.

I knew another company who had been lying to people just to soak up as much ad revenue on their website as possible before shutting it down, Kodo Studios, who had supposedly been trying to revive a online and offline card game known as Chaotic. They weren't. They lied to us.

As long as capitalism is still a thing, I have no reason to trust any company's word, only their actions, or lack thereof matter to me.

Like NCSoft. Because of what they did to City Of Heroes, and all of their dead MMOs before it, I will never buy or spend a single cent on their upcoming MMO, WildStar.

Ubi-Leorthian
03-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences guest-FUMcGf8H. I can understand the logic behind your stance, but it assumes that new games include dependencies that would interfere with the name change option, which may not be the case given that Uplay's developers are already looking at ways to implement name changes.

Uplay is the activation method of choice for all games developed by Ubisoft and we want the platform to serve our customers well. A number of additions to the platform are being worked on including a name change feature, though at this time no announcement has been made for when such a feature will be introduced.

guest-UcDfeaip
03-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Thanks for sharing your experiences guest-FUMcGf8H. I can understand the logic behind your stance, but it assumes that new games include dependencies that would interfere with the name change option, which may not be the case given that Uplay's developers are already looking at ways to implement name changes.

Uplay is the activation method of choice for all games developed by Ubisoft and we want the platform to serve our customers well. A number of additions to the platform are being worked on including a name change feature, though at this time no announcement has been made for when such a feature will be introduced.

Ubisoft, your activation for games has bugged out on a lot of people. See my username. If you can not implement this is an understandable length of time (this thread was opened quite a long time ago) then you need to work on providing CD keys to all these guest accounts so they can move over to a real Uplay account. Your excuses are pathetic. How long do you expect your users to wait patiently?

This thread was started on 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Tell your customers how that is acceptable? Explain that. Because in the real world, that would have cost a small dev their business. Stop being greedy, either throw your money at the issue and get it done, because you can do that since it takes you LESS time to develop a game, or provide us with the game keys we were mislead to using on bugged accounts.

It is as simple as that. If your company is ethical, you would do what you know is right. I know it is cheaper to deal with class action lawsuits, but have some integrity here. You are spoiling some of your great games with greedy business practices.

Cygnifick
04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Amazing this crap is still not fixed. When do we get some real news instead of poor excuses? I can't play any multiplayer game because it uses my real name! It's ridiculous.

XxClonxX
04-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Ubisoft - Uplay: Let us change usernames! http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ubisoft-uplay-let-us-change-usernames?recruiter=55441133&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition via @Change

Chance SL
04-04-2014, 02:23 PM
After nearly 2 years that kinda thing won't make any difference, I'm sure it's been tried before.

Hulk2120
04-05-2014, 02:06 AM
It's been how many years since this issue was brought up? Still nothing has been done about it. "oh we're working on it" "these things take time"! It's been 3 years and I want my name changed.

Lifecompleter
04-10-2014, 05:21 AM
not having the ability to change my name is the reason i am not buying watchdogs or ac4. i don't want to buy games that requires uplay because of how poor the service is. EA's origin has better customer satisfaction than uplay. it makes me wonder if they have too big of an ego to implement the ability to change names.

guest-l2taQVHN
04-12-2014, 10:25 AM
No news here? I PAYED for a closed beta, and now I have to keep this username, like anonymous guest?

I've payed for your beta test.... do u realize this?

guest-l2taQVHN
04-12-2014, 10:31 AM
No news here? I PAYED for a closed beta, and now I have to keep this username, like anonymous guest?

I've payed for your beta test.... do u realize this?

only Blizzard can survive!

http://esercitazionesc.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/bliz1.jpg

Lifecompleter
04-13-2014, 06:56 AM
at this rate Mojang's minecraft will have the ability to change your name before uplay does, so your excuse that it takes a really long time is BS seeing that an indie company can do it faster than you.

and i'm stuck with this name i created before uplay existed

jordansmyth
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
It doesn't take two years to implement such a feature, at this point in time I'd wager they're deliberately stalling due to the issue being beyond the capability of introducing (mostly likely a coding limitation due to the way they've designed their database..).

I made the mistake of using my real name as my username and suffice to say I do not wish for it to be broadcast in the public domain, as this is obviously a privacy issue.
This is a prime example of why such a feature is in dire need of implementation.
If this company can't keep hold true to its original statement about rectifying the problem, I won't be purchasing any games linked to their services in the future.

Ubi-Leorthian
04-14-2014, 04:51 PM
The issue with implementing a name change system is not purely one of time, it is also about ensuring that older games don't experience conflicts when your user name changes. Uplay is integrated into all of our games that have been developed in recent years and the username is an integral part of many aspects of Uplay.

The bottom line is, we want to give users control over the name they display to others but we need to ensure that doing so won't adversely impact the way games run. It's an issue that is taking a lot of work to resolve, but we are still committed to providing this option.

NorkDorf
04-16-2014, 07:08 AM
The issue with implementing a name change system is not purely one of time, it is also about ensuring that older games don't experience conflicts when your user name changes. Uplay is integrated into all of our games that have been developed in recent years and the username is an integral part of many aspects of Uplay.

The bottom line is, we want to give users control over the name they display to others but we need to ensure that doing so won't adversely impact the way games run. It's an issue that is taking a lot of work to resolve, but we are still committed to providing this option.

So your telling me there's a chance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA do you guys have a date of when you think this might be done? Like a rough date? This year, next year something like that.

Ubi-Leorthian
04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
So your telling me there's a chance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA do you guys have a date of when you think this might be done? Like a rough date? This year, next year something like that.

We do not currently have a time frame for the introduction of a name change feature that we are ready to share. We will definitely make an announcement when a much requested feature like this one is ready to be added to Uplay though.

RurouninZ
04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't usually complain about games and game related stuff except when i find things way out of line, this is one of those cases, i bought literally hundreds of games (mostly during sales) last year but due to this account name that was forced upon me during registration of far cry 3 (while i was logged in on my old account mind you), since then i have actively been avoiding anything related to Ubisoft, a few games slipped through but still way less than it could have been.

I personally don't care if i lose all progress in all of my games if it means i can get a new account name, but i'll say this, don't expect me to go buy your u-play games until i can change it, it's bad enough that you force the client upon me to begin with, this just adds insult to injury.

Ubi-Leorthian
04-22-2014, 02:09 PM
guest-uqdfCnZL,

Have you contacted support to ask them about changing your account name? If you were assigned a guest name, then depending on the individual circumstances of your account, the support team may be able to help you change your name to something preferable. This isn't always possible, but if your name can be changed, they will be happy to help you replace your guest name with an alternative of your choice.

You can contact the support team through our ticket system found here: http://support.ubi.com/
Alternatively, if you would like to contact support by phone you can find the contact number for your regional support team here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Anykeyer
04-24-2014, 11:56 AM

I can solve this problem for you in 10 seconds. Simply dont change account name. Add changeable alias which newer games would display. And let legacy games use legacy account name. Then if demand will be high you can start patching legacy games to recognise new alias on per-game basis.

Ubi-Leorthian
04-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Hello Anykeyer, there are a number of possible solutions that have been considered. Work is being done on getting a system in place, though the exact details of how it will work won't be given out until the feature is closer to being ready.

Random_Players
04-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Is it possible for you to at least make a statement on whether or not some sort of 'alias' system or similiar will be present in Watchdogs? Even if it's a "I don't know." statement?
In the same vein, anything you can say on a time estimate until the feature is 'closer to being ready', even if the time estimate is a purely personal guess?

Mrbobbie
04-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Bump!

Firstly I've been seeing posts from people that are years and years old asking to change their usernames and still it has not been done, things were promised a couple of years ago that the process had started but still nothing can be done and we are all still stuck with our crappy usernames, this is unacceptable.

I did however find a petition on change.org if anyone wants to sign it, I didn't start it but I certainly signed up.

dxoteiM
04-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Just do everyone a favor and remove this useless Uplay that only acts as an additional DRM for players, adding even more hassle especially when buying games from Steam.

PS. I really love my "guest-whatthe****" username. Real unique!

Ubi-Leorthian
04-25-2014, 05:42 PM
guest-y0EmUUI0, If you were assigned a guest name when you created your account, depending on the details of the situation our support team may be able to help you change your account name to one of your choosing if you contact them directly. You can contact them through our ticket system found here: http://support.ubi.com/
Alternatively, if you would like to contact support by phone you can find the contact number for your regional support team here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

dxoteiM
04-25-2014, 05:48 PM
guest-y0EmUUI0, If you were assigned a guest name when you created your account, depending on the details of the situation our support team may be able to help you change your account name to one of your choosing if you contact them directly. You can contact them through our ticket system found here: http://support.ubi.com/

I contacted them, basically they just said "deal with it". Maybe you should work on a system that doesn't AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT A SINGLE WARNING assign new accounts a GUEST USERNAME. Make it so you can't create accounts without choosing a username. Simple solution that could've saved so so much of these problems. And I cannot begin to understand how a system such as Uplay doesn't have a username change option or even an alias system. It's the freaking basics, come on.

EDIT. When I activated my Splinter Cell Blacklist copy, I used an email that was appareantly different than the one I have used before when activating my Far Cry 3 copy. So then the system went ahead and created this stupid Guest-account without any kind of warning or setting that would've let me choose a username. Thanks.

Ubi-Leorthian
04-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Forum moderators don't have access to look at the details of your account, so I can't look into the issue for you, but as I mentioned the specific details of each case are what determine if an account name can be changed or not. We are however working on getting a name change system in place and once it is, you should be able to give yourself a name you want to use.

portalgun64
04-25-2014, 08:18 PM
(You may look at my name right now. You may call me Portal gun, but I refer to be called Dare, Dare Devil. Until then they add the feature just call me Dare if you like)
I looked in the options to change my name but I couldn't. I looked on the forums for help.
When I saw the thread with the admin dude saying "Make a new account and buy the game..."
I felt like.......
Punching someone in the face.
Really? UPlay is not THAT good. Its okay...BUT STILL????
USERNAME????
THATS THE MOST BAAAAASIC THING EVER!!!
But now that I heard that they are setting up a Username option, I might use UPlay more often. Of course I use Steam like most other people. But my games on Steam, Some of them are UPlay compatible. So really, I might use this like I use Steam.
Thanks, Ubisoft.
-Dare

guest-WvEX9xuy
04-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Hello...again.

About one and half year ago, I started similar thread concerning changing uplay username for users, that decided to buy a game from you (M&M Heroes VI in my case) and got stuck with this epic random username of yours without ANY options to choose by themselves. It was kinda frustrating purchasing a game you wanted to play online and looking at your avatar with his awesome name shop6D66C6CB5 next to it.
Even with some tries to fix the issue from your support (which lead to being unable to play the game at all), there was just no way you could help (at least you kept saying so). So I turned on my patience mode and finished the game's campaigns, deciding to try multiplayer after this little unfortunate slip of yours have been dealt with.
After ONE and HALF year, not long after I discovered there is an upcoming datadisc for the game I bought, I came here and discovered literally hundreds of similar topics and still no single solution to this.

If you want me and I believe more just as unlucky uplay members to even decide to buy any more games from you in the future, either make changing username possible REALLY FAST, or let us via support merge our account into new one, transferring the cd key etc. data as well.

I beg anyone who have the same issue as me and his patience ran off that he bump this topic until we get the desired answer.

No need to say more
Yours
shop6D66C6CB5

I kinda know how you feel i'd say. But i look on the bright side and i say to myself that i can at least play the friggin game X) But this is some basic feature .. they should that hahaha

hoblah599
04-27-2014, 05:48 PM
This is a corporation and is fueled by the people who buy their products and apparently the only thing that talks is money, not their consumers. Why is there no class action lawsuit yet especially for people with their personal info as their permanent usernames with no option for a change other than sorry buy the game again. If I remember correctly wasn't Ubisoft's database jeopardized once already being a glaring alert that change was needed?

07-25-2013, 09:50 AM was the first we heard that any change was even considered after years of being denied any sort of customer support with the issue. Here we are almost a year later with still just as little to go on other than a few mods saying "Hold on we're probably, maybe working on it with no deadline, just stay tuned." and not to mention another big name title Watch Dogs is going on sale soon. If game titles and major developments have deadlines and relative time frames in which they should be out / implemented why can't a MAJOR issue such as this be time framed on it's progress for the many frustrated customers?

No offence meant but Kudos to the first mod to redirect me to several other mod posts stating "We're working on it" or "Please get jerked around on our Customer Support Line at ect ect." as a means to defer any questions.

KuroIsKan
05-02-2014, 11:00 AM
This is getting really annoying to me to. I bought ac2 and my xbox live account name got used for it. But then when I moved to pc I found my name as "need_a_name_308" and started looking for a way to change it. Made a ticket and nothing. Getting super bummed that my name in watchdogs is gonna be some trash name I never chose.

Ubi-Leorthian
05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately it isn't always possible for the support team to change your name for you, it depends on the specifics of your case. However, we realise that your gamer tag is an important part of multiplayer games for many people and we are working on getting a name change option in place.

Deresolve
05-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately it isn't always possible for the support team to change your name for you, it depends on the specifics of your case. However, we realise that your gamer tag is an important part of multiplayer games for many people and we are working on getting a name change option in place.

And after all these years we can't be told how close it is to being implemented? Can we at least be shown proof that it is being worked on?

jackalj
05-03-2014, 08:28 PM
So this feature takes a year to develop and implement? I don't know much about these sort of things (coding and database stuff) but a year... seriously? At least allow the web support guys to change it for you after contacting them. Or is this already possible?

Echo_Viper
05-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Still can't change usernames ?? Guess I'll be back in another six months .

Xx El Kino xX
05-06-2014, 02:20 AM
It's been a year. More than a year. Can you please implement this simple feature? I really hate my uPlay name (DigitalPimp5lap). I have to resort to showing my Xbox gamertag because of my stupid uPlay name

Deresolve
05-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Work is being done on getting a system in place, though the exact details of how it will work won't be given out until the feature is closer to being ready.

Will it be this year at least? Can you find that out for us or are we just going to be left in the dark still. It is really aggravating how quiet Ubisoft is being about this when it means so much to people.

Ubi-Leorthian
05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
The a name change system is actively being worked on. It's a system the developers are working to get in place sooner rather than later, but until the system is closer to being ready for implementation I can't comment on possible time frames for it's introduction.

Gorthox2k
05-10-2014, 12:21 AM
I have been stuck with a name I created like 14 years ago in 2000 when I played Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series. The name was OK in those days only for those types of games but I wouldn't want that name for a racing game or assassins creed.

I also think people have been asking ubisoft and uplay for probably as long as 14 years if not longer.
Don't you think you ought to have done something about it by now?

! mean seriously come on guys pull your finger out and give your customers what they need.

Yours
UKSAS_Blade :cool: :cool:

Aiden3043
05-22-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm getting frustrated at this, my username being a string of characters I didn't choose. I can't believe how unreliable Ubisoft is being. I'm glad I can resort to comfortable places, like Steam.

Kamikiri-TW
05-23-2014, 10:37 PM
My god.....:(
ubisoft , let's do the math,
how many years you already spend on this tiny problem and still can not make it right?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/411650-How-can-I-change-my-Uplay-user-name-Forums

three years

you really don't understand this "username change" thing is how important to players , are you?

benkerino
05-24-2014, 08:10 PM
I have no problem with Uplay. But the fact that you can't change username is pretty disappointing. I know that a solution is in "development", but how difficult can it be? I don't want to come off as rude or anything. It's just that a lot of people, myself included, would like the ability and freedom to change our username, at least once. Origin, for example, has a great way of dealing with this. And I know for a fact that other gaming services such as Battlenet and Rockstar Social Club, at best, allows you to change username/id one time before sticking with it forever.

Jorchking
05-25-2014, 12:18 AM
I have no problem with Uplay. But the fact that you can't change username is pretty disappointing. I know that a solution is in "development", but how difficult can it be? I don't want to come off as rude or anything. It's just that a lot of people, myself included, would like the ability and freedom to change our username, at least once. Origin, for example, has a great way of dealing with this. And I know for a fact that other gaming services such as Battlenet and Rockstar Social Club, at best, allows you to change username/id one time before sticking with it forever.

There's appear something rare in my account: In the ubisoft site I appear as "Jorchking" but uplay as "guest....." (same email, before I appeared like "Jorchking" in uplay) please can someone say me if there is a issue? I won't be name "guest" again. Thanks.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aP_aeq02OEs/U4EpV15WFhI/AAAAAAAAAqg/msJGNnnB1W0/s1600/uplay.png

Tully__
05-25-2014, 04:08 AM
There's appear something rare in my account: In the ubisoft site I appear as "Jorchking" but uplay as "guest....." (same email, before I appeared like "Jorchking" in uplay) please can someone say me if there is a issue? I won't be name "guest" again. Thanks.

You'll need to contact support at http://support.ubi.com/ to have that looked at, forum staff have no access to the account database.

Cygnifick
05-25-2014, 01:18 PM
You should have made a username option in new games and not use Uplay only. But no, you just keep making games to use Uplay names. It kinda feels like a big FU to the customers.

CodenameGadge
05-25-2014, 05:01 PM
You should have made a username option in new games and not use Uplay only. But no, you just keep making games to use Uplay names. It kinda feels like a big FU to the customers.

This is exactly what I was thinking of while reading this thread. A display name for the multiplayer of the game in question would be nice, and almost certainly more convenient for everyone involved. But no, UPlay account names are all we can use, in an issue that's now coming up to several years old.

I myself use Gadgez as my username, with the exceptions of PSN where I have to be codenamegadge, and UPlay, where I can't change the display name of an account I made in 2011.

XBOX3R1
05-25-2014, 05:37 PM
So what I have gotten from this thread is that ALOT of people want to change their usernames and Ubisoft says that they are trying to implement this but apparently it has been 3 years, I reckon no one is trying to do this and most probably it wont get done, its little oversights like this that make other DRMs (Steam) alot better. Also why is it that some people can get theirs changed? I get that it has to be "special" circumstances but if its possible for them why isn't it possible for everyone else.

MrDarkie
05-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Hey there

So after some googling as to how I can change my username, I was disappointed to find out that at this time, Im unable to change my username. Some hope came in an Ubisoft Developer(?) stating that the team are currently working on a system to change the username. Unfortunately that was last year in August. That means around 9 months ago. She does state that it can take a long time but over 9 months with not a peep about the progress?

Im just wondering if anyone from Ubisoft can tell me the progress or when I will be able to change my username? I'd really rather not play Multiplayer games with my username and because of that, I don't want to buy any Ubisoft games with Multiplayer since it'll be basically useless to me.

Thanks

Edit - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/411650-How-can-I-change-my-Uplay-user-name?p=9219334&viewfull=1 - Is the link to the post from the Ubisoft Developer (? )

digitalFatteh
05-26-2014, 12:42 PM
On their list of one liners unfortunately.

May 15: @UplayUbisoft 3 years on and any update on being able to change UPlay gamertag for the upcoming online games ? ... or just the same spiel ?

Uplay ‏@UplayUbisoft May 15: We are actively working on a system that will allow for name changes. We will announce details closer to the update's release

May 15: @UplayUbisoft Same spiel then ;) Thanks for the usual update.

Ubi-Leorthian
05-26-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't give an exact date for when the system will be introduced, but it is being actively worked on as a feature we want to add sooner rather than later. There have been technical hurdles we've been working to overcome due to the variety of games that all need to interact with the system without causing issues; we believe the system is getting close to being ready, but we all want the system to work correctly before we put anything in place.

Sikatsuu
05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Well ****, i want to change my name. Don't say you will work on it and after that no sign of anything anymore. Damn uPlay, thats why i love to use Steam, great platform.

MrDarkie
05-27-2014, 07:47 AM
I can't give an exact date for when the system will be introduced, but it is being actively worked on as a feature we want to add sooner rather than later. There have been technical hurdles we've been working to overcome due to the variety of games that all need to interact with the system without causing issues; we believe the system is getting close to being ready, but we all want the system to work correctly before we put anything in place.

Ah, Glad to hear its getting close, Is there any sort of time frame that it could be released within? 3 months or so? An exact date would be unreasonable as things happen but if its possibly being introduced within a few months, That would be pretty nice.

desmundo2012
05-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Hello,

Kind regards,

This was originally posted on 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM. That's nearly a year ago - how long will this take???

It's absolutely ridiculous that it should take this long (not to mention the fact that people were asking for this feature back in early 2012). For those of us who are either stuck with ridiculous generated usernames, or those of us who youtube, twitch etc, this is simply not good enough - how can you expect people to want to use the uplay format when it takes years to implement such a simple feature.

This is beyond frustrating.

M SWE
05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
It's ridiculous that they still haven't implented this after years of complaints.

This is one of the many I hate uplay, Steam care about their users and is superior in every way

PTG_HaMMeR
05-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Ubisoft you make awesome games.
now fix your platform! 3 years to change the name.
i understand that it might be hard i have no clue how it works.
but this is taking to much time!

MIGHTY856420
05-27-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm hopping on this bandwagon.

I did not pick the name MIGHTY, it was forced upon me. I did not know what my name was until after I tied a game to my account, and ubisoft support is jerking me around saying "oh we've been working on a solution" which leads to "we are able to change usernames up until a week ago and a problem arose...."

It's all ********. There is no honesty with this company and they have no idea how badly this is going to hurt their sales. Why would I even think about buying another ubisoft game when my first purchase was an absolutely atrocious experience?

desmundo2012
05-27-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm hopping on this bandwagon.

I did not pick the name MIGHTY, it was forced upon me. I did not know what my name was until after I tied a game to my account, and ubisoft support is jerking me around saying "oh we've been working on a solution" which leads to "we are able to change usernames up until a week ago and a problem arose...."

It's all ********. There is no honesty with this company and they have no idea how badly this is going to hurt their sales. Why would I even think about buying another ubisoft game when my first purchase was an absolutely atrocious experience?

Even in this thread (and the one that was running previously which they closed), they change what they say between whether they are actively working on it, they have been working on it for some time, or that they are simply looking into it - you just can't believe a word they say.

3 years to implement something so simple - they've managed to come out with 3 or 4 Assassins Creed games in that amount of time.

Basically, I call bulls**t!!!

Invincety
05-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I accidently came to this thread by browsing for a solution for a problem with uPlay and I'm finding a company with sales of 1,25 billion $ that couldn't implement a name change feature in two whole years...
And i thought Ubisoft was a bit more user-friendly than EA, my fault, sorry!

Ubi-Leorthian
05-27-2014, 08:36 PM
MIGHTY856420, under certain circumstances user names were changeable by the support team, but some people who recently had their names changed have reported the new name not being applied in all situations (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782218-Why-can-t-I-change-my-username?p=9981755&viewfull=1#post9981755). As a result we are working on ensuring that any name changes are applied correctly in all aspects of Uplay and across all games supported by the platform. We believe that offering a service where your name is changed in only some situations and not others is less helpful and more confusing that one where the ability to change your name has not yet been introduced.

Once we have ironed out all the issues with the name change system, we will make it available for all our users. Until that time we thank you for your patience.

Hydhen
05-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi, i'm really sick of this issue about username, I've preordered Watch_Dogs, gets a Uplay account and Uplay NEVER EVER asked me about my username.

For me it's juste a shame to see post dated about 2012 for just changing a username.

guest-2NXyheJD IS NOT my username. Why I can't simply set my Username ?? Why I didn't asked to enter my Username like everyone else ?? :mad:

TheUnpwned
05-28-2014, 02:22 AM
When I log into the website it sows up as TheUnpwned. My friend when he messages me through uplay shows as theunpwned but for some reason on my ends it is showing up as guest-********* and I cant do anything online related...

Tully__
05-28-2014, 06:38 AM
MIGHTY856420, under certain circumstances user names were changeable by the support team, but some people who recently had their names changed have reported the new name not being applied in all situations (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782218-Why-can-t-I-change-my-username?p=9981755&viewfull=1#post9981755). As a result we are working on ensuring that any name changes are applied correctly in all aspects of Uplay and across all games supported by the platform. We believe that offering a service where your name is changed in only some situations and not others is less helpful and more confusing that one where the ability to change your name has not yet been introduced.

Once we have ironed out all the issues with the name change system, we will make it available for all our users. Until that time we thank you for your patience.
It sounds like it's actually getting very close then. This is the most promising official post on this issue in a VERY long time, even though it doesn't seem like much.

MIGHTY856420
05-28-2014, 06:41 PM
It sounds like it's actually getting very close then. This is the most promising official post on this issue in a VERY long time, even though it doesn't seem like much.

Nothing about that post is promising. It basically stated that not even Ubisoft support can accommodate username changes anymore. Now we have to wait 3+ years for that problem to clear up.

I don't need this to sound like a threat, but I am not going to buy another Ubisoft game until this username issue clears up. I have no problems with the quality of the games, but why would I want to attach more games to my account if I can't even choose my name?

shop7A508A87D
05-28-2014, 10:03 PM
All of us stood before the Dark to be judged, and either discarded, or kept. Most would find either end unlucky. Had it been only moments since our foul birth? It seemed eternally longer under our horned sire's gaze.

Each of my brood-mates were found lacking in some way, and their essence reclaimed, but they were allowed to keep their screams. Oh, the screams! All is not lost, brothers and sisters, for I have gained something from your despair. It feels... warm? Is that not what a mortal might say?

None of you remain, or will be remembered. Human children or infernal spawn, those who do not survive their creation are not named.

But I have been named.

My shadowed soul has been tasted, and my future has been divined. How shall I earn my name? No worlds will escape my regard. Mortals will bow, or run, or pray, it matters not. They will all be crushed, or sundered, or used for a time. None will dare call on me, even if they could - these sounds cannot be made by any human tongue.

All-powerful Father Uplay, I will see your wishes made reality, for I am shop7A508A87D.

Gurenax
05-29-2014, 08:42 AM

Hi Leorthian,

I already sent a support ticket for my guest username problem. I really hope you can help us push this issue with devs or whoever is in charge with the usernames.
It is a very basic thing we know. But from a regular customer's point if view, "I paid a lot of money for a game that would just name me as Guest-kitmu9lc and I couldn't properly change it".

Realistically, I know there are bigger problems happening right now than this, most particularly in uPlay and watch dogs. But if ubisoft can do this one simple thing for us, it might push things more back into the positive side of uplay.

I was never against the idea of uplay. I believe that every game company has a right to have their own DRM mechanism. It's just that uplay has a lot of basic flaws that if fixed would have made a million dollar game look more like a billion dollars.

Thanks!

ApogeeDota
05-30-2014, 01:47 AM
14 months later, is there any possibility of this being done? My other account's username is very childish and immature and I'm completely embarassed by it. My account has many games and achivements on it and would not like to lose all of this. Is there any way now to change a username? Even if I had to pay someone from ubisoft like $20 to dig into some system files and manually change it.

Dakkain
05-31-2014, 12:55 PM
If changing names is so hard, why not let people crate a new account and transfer their games across? Cancelling the existing keys and issuing replacements would achieve the same result and require no coding at all. No-one's getting freebies out of it as Ubi can already see that the existing keys are legit via the existing account.

I'd take the hit of losing achievements etc. so that I can be rid of an account that has part of my real name as the username.

It just feels like Ubi can't be bothered trying on this one.

HackCobra
05-31-2014, 02:12 PM
They don't even need to add the ability to change usernames. Just add a feature for account display names that other people see instead of the username! Both Steam and Origin does this.

lik10000beavers
05-31-2014, 09:21 PM
so going on 3 years this issue has been "being looked at"? HEY UBISOFT FIRE YOUR PEOPLE AND GET NEW ONES THE CURRENTS DON"T KNOW HOW TO FIX A SIMPLE ****ING ISSUE, OR I DON'T KNOW CALL SOMEONE FROM VALVE OR EA AND ASK THEM HOW THEY DID IT INSTEAD OF HAVING YOUR HEADS UP YOUR ***ES AND PRETENDING THERE ISNT A PROBLEM. YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY TERRIBLE AT EVERYTHING, IF I COULD AVOID PLAYING WATCHDOGS THROUGH YOUR ****** UPLAY SYSTEM I WOULD.

Atnzangel
05-31-2014, 11:42 PM
So sent a request to change my in game username and then found this forum. FML Uplay seriously first time on Uplay completely missed the bit to choose username name and now and forever stuck with the ******ness Uplay have named me :(

Toxer73
06-02-2014, 06:29 AM
So sent a request to change my in game username and then found this forum. FML Uplay seriously first time on Uplay completely missed the bit to choose username name and now and forever stuck with the ******ness Uplay have named me :(

First time i had to login to Uplay 2 years ago, i hated. Now because of Watch Dogs i had to login again and i hate even more. Very annoying.
Its ridiculous not being able to change avatar name. Its our account so let us change our names. :mad:

Serafin_404
06-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I bougt WD at the premiere day. This was my first account and my in game nick name is guest-HINCYwYn. I knew ubi can't do nothing with this problem cause I googled the issue and I saw tons of topics saying that you can't change your user name and ubi also can't do it. So now I have a random nick name yay!
thanks ubisoft

I have written an message to the ubisoft support and this is the naswer

At the moment we are still investigating this issue, and as soon as we will receive the relevant information I will update contact you as soon as possible. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

From far as I know, this problem remains unsolved by Ubisoft from about 3 years now, so the chances to change our ugly nick names are low, it's a pitty.

T0xicPing
06-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I can't believe that after so many complaints, and promises of (Ubi) Uplay to fix this, It still isn't very clear that when registering a new account @ Uplay u have to fill in your Game ID instead of your (real) own name!

Ubi-Leorthian
06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
T0xicPing,

The Uplay account registration form is slightly different depending on where you sign up, but for example if you use http://uplay.ubi.com/ it says "Uplay username" and if you use https://support.ubi.com/ it says "User name". While I understand that some people may want to use their real name as their user name, the process doesn't suggest that you should use your real name.

I will however pass on your observations for consideration, we may make changes to the description in the future.

IvaneroGamer
06-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Are you kidding me??? Look at my stupid nickname, I didn't even had the chance to specify it, Mighty Quest created this stupid nickname for me without even asking.

I was thinking on buying Watch_Dogs but with this plus seeing that Ubisoft just released a DLC to buy already after only 1 week... seriously...

Ubi-Leorthian
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Hello MIGHTY206774,

I'm not familiar with the signup process for all games, but I took a look at the mighty quest for epic loot after you mentioned it and I see that there is indeed no section for choosing your name. However, this is a separate point to the one I was discussing with T0xicPing (Where someone would use their real name when creating an account).

The Uplay development team are actively working on a system that will address both these issues however, once the name change system is live you will be able to use a name of your choice instead of MIGHTY206774.

Smeag101
06-07-2014, 03:49 PM
im a youtuber im im known as dj crossfade on gaming headz tv and music headz tv
:mad:why dont you guys just get a patch going and send this to steam . uplay after what looks like 4 years you cant change your user name :nonchalance:
in steam i can change my name as many times as i want . im not even smeg101 i dont know why its showing that

PartnersInRhyme
06-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Hello MIGHTY206774,

I'm not familiar with the signup process for all games, but I took a look at the mighty quest for epic loot after you mentioned it and I see that there is indeed no section for choosing your name. However, this is a separate point to the one I was discussing with T0xicPing (Where someone would use their real name when creating an account).

The Uplay development team are actively working on a system that will address both these issues however, once the name change system is live you will be able to use a name of your choice instead of MIGHTY206774.

A moderator said the "development team" were working on it 3 YEARS AGO. You're OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING ON IT so why are you lying?

Ubi-Leorthian
06-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I completely understand your point of view, but the system is actively being worked on and the developers are aiming to have the system working as intended and in place in the near future. I realise that the system has been a long time coming, but we are getting closer to having it in a place where it can be made available to everyone.

Mooyini_NL
06-10-2014, 10:25 PM
I hate my name too, this was my xbox live account name, but now I'm switched to ps4 and still got this anoying name....please fix it!!