PDA

View Full Version : Is alliance attrition bonus not working?

kees_m
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
For the tears we have gotten so far, we get an attrition bonus of -6%. So I think: with an attrition of 30% I loose 1 unit if the lost stack was max 6 units. Now we have an attrition of 24% so I should loose 1 unit for a stack up to 8 units. Because 24% of 8 = 1,92; rounded down = 1.
Still, I loose 2 units instead of 1. Where do I go wrong, or is this bonus indeed not working?

Paul_Rotterdam
07-22-2013, 03:35 PM
are you playing PVE server?
Then it will not work.

reduce in attrition is a HOMM Hoax.

its fake to belive you will loose less army, but they never corrected it.

AndreanDW
07-22-2013, 04:14 PM
attrition bonus only works when you are defending

kees_m
07-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Thank you both. Yes, we are playing PvE.

Would be nice if Ubisoft made a clear manual when, where, how and if all the different attributes work.

AndreanDW
07-22-2013, 07:16 PM
They sometimes change the conditions, and we get the message only with luck, and by try and error; the grail bonus e.g. worked in season 1 for attacks too, and in season 2 they officially only changed the logistic bonus into defense only - and the grail bonus maybe accidentally ^^

MartyAmodeo
07-22-2013, 09:16 PM
They definitely announced when barbarian slaughter and knight logistician changed to only be on attack/defense respectively. I recall them mentioning the grail bonus with logistician in the same announcement in the forums, but I might be mistaken on that. In any case, they did change at the same time. And a good thing too, since we'd be seeing legendary heroes that take 0 losses on both attack and defense if they didn't. LOL

kees_m
07-23-2013, 10:04 PM
So Ubisoft changes things but nowhere changes or puts it in a manual. So new players who didn't read the post don't know about it. and on these forums it is very difficult if not impossible to find anything. I am coming here through kingdoms, but when I do a search, I get hundreds of hits from all other games and of course I am not going to read that all. Would be logical if I do a search for a Kingdoms issue, that I only would get results for kingdoms.

Paul_Rotterdam
07-24-2013, 11:14 AM
In the past HOMMK had its own forum were 1000s post were made from years long.

Some time ago Ubi wanted to set up new forum so all history is gone and current info is few. The strategy guide and the wikipedia info is to general or outdated, sa yah just ask here and we will answer.