PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Torpedos

LeftistGorilla
07-22-2013, 01:37 AM
There are lots of upline fish available in the game. Assuming cost is no object, what's the best load-out...or what's your preferred load-out? Is there a better load for front tubes versus rear tubes? When using the acoustic torpedos, do you still need to line up the target as close to 90 degrees abeam with a +/- on the gyro of 10 degrees? Their stated range is 5.2 kilometers and pinging starts at 400m, so can you just let fly to any target >400m? How serious is the warning about diving and going silent? Has anyone reported an acoustical fish hitting the sub of origin in SH4? How deep is deep enough...periscope depth? 50m? The thermal layer?

Yooperbacker
07-22-2013, 07:57 AM
When I first started getting the choice of torpedoes I would pick ones that worked good for me. Different torpedoes are good for different situations. As you go through your career you will learn what ones you like.

You have to be careful with the acoustic torpedo it can come back and get you. It has been reported on here a few times and a few reports said it was a big surprise.

The thermal layer is your friend if you are trying to hide. Another place to hide is under one of the ships you hit. Depth depends on where you are and what you are doing and who is after you.