PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Series Concerns.

MeadesM4
07-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Why were armor sets removed from the game? I loved hunting down the best armors in the other games. The armor didn't have to be heavy, it could have been cloth and leather, to match with the times. So I'm not quite certain why that aspect of the game was removed entirely? I've played the entire series ever since the first release. I'm all for new game mechanics and aspects, which Ubisoft you love to add a lot of, but please don't get rid of the little things that make the series that much enjoyable for some of us.

Speaking of new mechanics, while they certainly can be fun, ever since Brotherhood it feels like you are forcing more and more new mechanics on us while neglecting the quality of the storyline. I started playing the Assassin's Creed series because of my interest in stealth games, and I continued them because of the story aswell as the awesome historical aspect to it. I want a good story, not some rushed horse-carriage chase that has nothing to do with the original game design. The beautiful display of the Renaissance era, the exciting story of young Ezio, and the awesomely interesting informational tidbits about the buildings and time made Assassin's Creed 2 such an awesome game. That is one thing that severely distresses me about Assassin's Creed 3. The informational tidbits all seem to be lacking in content and have very poor unfunny jokes in them. I understand Assassin's Creed is not meant to be a history class, but for god sakes that was one of the most intriguing aspects of the game. It helped us players learn more about the time and the area, and get more immersed in the story line through it.

There are an untold amount of glitches in Assassins Creed 3, something that I personally have not experienced with past Assassin's Creed games. During the cold months when there's foots of snow on the ground in AC3, you can't even see character's breath, not even in cut-scenes. That bothers me, because it's detail that makes a good game into a great game.

Assassins Creed 3 is not all that bad, despite my non-concstructive criticism. The new ships and sailing aspect of the game is very fun, and like every AC game, the setting is new; and mostly interesting. Also it's nice to see the "current" storyline go somewhere. But if I were to choose which game in the series I enjoyed the least, it would be this one.

Please, don't stray too far from the game's original stucture... and don't overlook the small stuff. All I need is a new place, a new time, historical tidbits without the failed humour, and a good storyline; and I will continue to buy the series. You don't need to add, or take away for that matter, anything else.

Ureh
07-19-2013, 05:09 AM
I think armor will be making a return in AC4 (you have to collect/hunt materials, then craft them). Or at least they'll be aesthetic if nothing else.