PDA

View Full Version : Main Campaign length explained

Wolfmeister1010
07-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey guys. This is for anyone who seemed worried About the length of the game. It has been confirmed that the MAIN campaign takes 15 to 25 hrs , and that exploration and the open world part of the game adds much more.

http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-4-main-campaign-to-last-around-15-25-hours

Spider_Sith9
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Long game

NondairyGold
07-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Wait is this the same estimate's that they used for the "Extra DLC" last time round

"Add's 30 min to the game"

What they really meant was 10!!!

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
^ we all know now.

lothario-da-be
07-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah, 15-25 hours yeah so was ac3 Yeah.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm calling BS. The main campaign by itself won't vary from player to player by 10 ****ing hours. I'm thinking 15 hours = absolute maximum length of the story missions, then add another ten hours to that if you do a lot of exploring and side missions in the meantime. Still not bad, but I hate when they use deceptive marketing language like this.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 10:53 PM
I dunno, I guarantee you I could find a way to extend the game time with just the main missions.

Ureh
07-18-2013, 11:31 PM
I think it will vary depending on skill and number of restarts/desyncs.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2013, 01:29 AM
I dunno, I guarantee you I could find a way to extend the game time with just the main missions.

I think it will vary depending on skill and number of restarts/desyncs.

If you desync enough in an Assassin's Creed game to drag an extra ten hours out of it, you need help.

monster_rambo
07-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Didn't they say that for every game? LOL

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm guessing stealthy gameplay and how it forces many to repeat when they fail can justify the extra hours, even more if you want to play the full 85% stealthily. It WILL BE VERY SATISFYING though.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 03:24 AM
When you need to explain the length of a game, then you know this wont end well

Wolfmeister1010
07-19-2013, 04:42 AM
When you need to explain the length of a game, then you know this wont end well

You're just a ray of sunshine aren't you

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 05:03 AM
You're just a ray of sunshine aren't you
Oh yeah.......Oh yeah......I sunshine your cheeks

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:52 AM
The playtesters are probably most likely 12 year olds. Especially the ones that play the "hour DLC" *COUGH10minutes*COUGH

YRTEP
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
If you desync enough in an Assassin's Creed game to drag an extra ten hours out of it, you need help.
:D

I think 10 hours are accurate.

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM
The playtesters are probably most likely 12 year olds. Especially the ones that play the "hour DLC" *COUGH10minutes*COUGH
so you should be right at home then...?

:P

Each players milage may vary - as always..

Spider_Sith9
07-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Do anyone fear the Assassins being painted in an even worse light than in AC3? I mean Edward is abusing the Creed via loopholes and I'm already sick to my stomach of the Templar sheep that infected the fanbase/gaming (it's not real obviously) now.

Shahkulu101
07-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Do anyone fear the Assassins being painted in an even worse light than in AC3? I mean Edward is abusing the Creed via loopholes and I'm already sick to my stomach of the Templar sheep that infected the fanbase/gaming (it's not real obviously) now.

So you just wan't a boring black and white story which portrays the Assassin's as silly superhero's and the templar's manic villains? We only know Edward is the only one that's going to abuse the creed anyway. There's absolutely no reason to say the entire Caribbean guild goes rogue.

Spider_Sith9
07-23-2013, 04:26 PM
So you just wan't a boring black and white story which portrays the Assassin's as silly superhero's and the templar's manic villains? We only know Edward is the only one that's going to abuse the creed anyway. There's absolutely no reason to say the entire Caribbean guild goes rogue.

Why the **** did you assume that? What I'm saying is the Assassins need to be written better to back their points and Edward is already proven to be a character to support the Templars. Haytham only did a few deeds to show the Templars couldn't be trusted in the New World but otherwise they were painted far to well. If anything, the Assassins need to be the ones boosted. Haytham raised the bar, Edward must do the same. Unfortunately, Edward will not do that.

The only way the Templars take a major blow is if they REALLY do something so screwed up he chooses the Assassins.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Edward is already proven to be a character to support the Templars. Haytham only did a few deeds to show the Templars couldn't be trusted in the New World but otherwise they were painted far to well. If anything, the Assassins need to be the ones boosted. Haytham raised the bar, Edward must do the same. Unfortunately, Edward will not do that.

The only way the Templars take a major blow is if they REALLY do something so screwed up he chooses the Assassins.

I thought Edward is supposed to become an assassin. Also what gives you the impression that he supports the Templars?

Shahkulu101
07-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Why the **** did you assume that? What I'm saying is the Assassins need to be written better to back their points and Edward is already proven to be a character to support the Templars. Haytham only did a few deeds to show the Templars couldn't be trusted in the New World but otherwise they were painted far to well. If anything, the Assassins need to be the ones boosted. Haytham raised the bar, Edward must do the same. Unfortunately, Edward will not do that.

He isn't already 'supporting the Templar's' we know at first he's a bit of an rogue, selfish in his ways. But eventually he will change and become a respectable assassin. We even know that's exactly what happens because it says so in forsaken. The very first thing we saw Altair do was kill an innocent then compromise the brotherhood. Did he turn out to 'support the templars'? No. He ended up doing the exact opposite. Leave your opinions about Edward 'supporting the Templar's until you've actually played the game.

Shahkulu101
07-23-2013, 04:36 PM
I thought Edward is supposed to become an assassin. Also what gives you the impression that he supports the Templars?

He means supporting the Templar's argument that the Assassin's are wrong, I think.

Spider_Sith9
07-23-2013, 04:53 PM
He isn't already 'supporting the Templar's' we know at first he's a bit of an rogue, selfish in his ways. But eventually he will change and become a respectable assassin. We even know that's exactly what happens because it says so in forsaken. The very first thing we saw Altair do was kill an innocent then compromise the brotherhood. Did he turn out to 'support the templars'? No. He ended up doing the exact opposite. Leave your opinions about Edward 'supporting the Templar's until you've actually played the game.

But Altair BROKE the creed. Edward is finding loopholes that the Assassins can't dispute. And with AC3 and all, it'd give more support to the Temps. And yes I know the game isn't out, but what if it plays out like that in the long run because no one cared?

pirate1802
07-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Rather than fear it, I do hope it turns out that way :D

Shahkulu101
07-23-2013, 06:29 PM
But Altair BROKE the creed. Edward is finding loopholes that the Assassins can't dispute. And with AC3 and all, it'd give more support to the Temps. And yes I know the game isn't out, but what if it plays out like that in the long run because no one cared?

Who cares if more people start liking Templars? It's their choice. That's what's great about moral ambiguity--no one faction is right or wrong and that's a good thing.

Besides, a heck of a lot more think the Assassin's are the right ones. It's a vocal minority on these forums that support that support the Templar's.

Jexx21
07-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Some people supported the Decepticons over the Autobots, and they're a far more black and white versions of the Templars and Assassins. (Or should I say that the Templars and Assassins are a grey version of them?)

Spider_Sith9
07-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Who cares if more people start liking Templars? It's their choice. That's what's great about moral ambiguity--no one faction is right or wrong and that's a good thing. Besides, a heck of a lot more think the Assassin's are the right ones. It's a vocal minority on these forums that support that support the Templar's. I'm not talking about these forums only. :/

The issue is that the Assassins had no says via gamers views in AC3 and it kills the ambiguity. There's a large bunch who like the Templars in AC3 or now likes them as a whole. That is the difference. At least give Assassins a defense is all I'm saying. The reason I say this today is because I remember that one thread where one guy compared the philosophies and as he says for the Assassins, it "makes no damn sense". If anything, it makes it LESS ambiguous. I just started to grow on Edward, but it sounds like he's screwing over Humanity morally.

stingray110
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
15 hours my ***, it'll be 10 hours if we are lucky.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Umm... 15-25 is a 10 hour gap? That's rather large. I was hoping for at least 25+ but then again, that might be asking too much. Haha. I know personally I'll probably get a full 20+ out of it. I like to take my time while I play and I don't rush into every story plot of the game. I'll have fun with it!

ladyleonhart
07-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Umm... 15-25 is a 10 hour gap? That's rather large. I was hoping for at least 25+ but then again, that might be asking too much. Haha. I know personally I'll probably get a full 20+ out of it. I like to take my time while I play and I don't rush into every story plot of the game. I'll have fun with it!

Me too! xD ACIII was supposed to be around 20 hours long for the main campaign and I think I played a total of 60 hrs! :D As for ACIV, it looks like there will be tons of things to explore!! So, I don't think we should be worried at all. :)

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Me too! xD ACIII was supposed to be around 20 hours long for the main campaign and I think I played a total of 60 hrs! :D As for ACIV, it looks like there will be tons of things to explore!! So, I don't think we should be worried at all. :)

Wow! That's awesome! :) I think I got about 45 out of my game! (on the first run through)

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 10:58 AM
yeah, I like to stare at stuff and surroundings, revisit areas just to get teh feelz, always manual travel etc.. so I always take more time than what the average gamer takes I guess. I'll probably take 20ish something to finish the main story. I don't understand why some people rush through their games. Still remember a guy who came here to cry after finishing his game in 8 hours..

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Wow! That's awesome! :) I think I got about 45 out of my game! (on the first run through)

How :s

I got 25 with 100% completion.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM

I got 148 hours with 100% completion...i actually took my time...

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 12:29 PM
I got 148 hours with 100% completion...i actually took my time...

Theres taking your time, and doing nothing. I had 4 playthroughts and got 100 hours playthrough.

Then again, hated young Connor, and I use to hate the Haytham segments.... until I read Forsaken.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Theres taking your time, and doing nothing. I had 4 playthroughts and got 100 hours playthrough.

Then again, hated young Connor, and I use to hate the Haytham segments.... until I read Forsaken.
That depends on what you mean by doing nothing...25 hours towards 100% says that you`re doing nothing with your real life:rolleyes: alright alright alright i`m kidding....you take a **** every 5 minutes

pacmanate
07-24-2013, 12:38 PM
That depends on what you mean by doing nothing...25 hours towards 100% says that you`re doing nothing with your real life:rolleyes: alright alright alright i`m kidding....you take a **** every 5 minutes

That doesnt even make sense? But okay :D

But noooo seriously. Haytham parts I rushed the first 3 times cause I wanted to be Connor. Then I rushed him being a stupid kid and being a teenager cause he wasnt an assassin. So yes, 6 sequences of crap haha.

Assassin_M
07-24-2013, 12:45 PM
That doesnt even make sense? But okay :D

But noooo seriously. Haytham parts I rushed the first 3 times cause I wanted to be Connor. Then I rushed him being a stupid kid and being a teenager cause he wasnt an assassin. So yes, 6 sequences of crap haha.
All I had in my mind during Haytham was "Omfg Project Legacy...this`ll be epic", during Connor`s childhood I wanted to get in all the innocence before **** hits the fan so I can get the biggest emotional impact and with him as a teen I wanted to see his interaction with Achilles...

Never really felt like "come on, when will this be over??" during any sequence simply because I found something to interest me each time...

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 01:48 PM
I took 42 hours to 100% AC3 :|

Ureh
07-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Really fell in love with the Haytham sequences, it was a great way to show the Templars and to relate us to him. When Connor was like, "You killed my mum!!!" and I knew it didn't seem like something Haytham would condone, so I was like 'you got the wrong guy dude'.

The young Connor sequences were really beautiful... like M said about innocence and ignorance. And then the sorta hesitant, grumpy kung fu master + determined apprentice relationship between Achilles and Connor was really endearing.

It took me about 50 hrs for 100% - by the time I deleted my first save it had 65 hrs - but I guess perfect sync wasn't the focus of my 1st playthru.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
The map size alone will make this a 40+ hours game

ajl992008
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM
ac1: 15 hours
ac2: 30 hours
acb: 30 hours
acr: 30 hours
ac3: 30 hours

this is all with about 70-80% sync, I dont go back and do missions for 100 sync since I dont really care about it.

curious as to how everyone is saying these really high numbers per playthrough, even i take my time and explore but I have never gone past the 30 hour mark And i dont rush the game, the only ac game I rushed was acb but i took my time on second playthrough.

anyway I really hope the main campaign is longer, like ac2's length.

Main Path:

ac1: 10 hours
ac2: 17/18 hours
acb: 10 hours
acr: 13 hours
ac3: 14 hours

for the story being told I felt that ac2 and acr were perfect but the story in ac3 felt rushed, the scope was too big for what they wanted to tell, it needed to be longer imo. acb was just short and i didnt even like the main path missions so yeah wasnt enjoyable.

I hope that I can get a solid 16-18 hours atleast in the MAIN STORY, any less and I wil probably be annoyed. unless the sidem missions are that good that I can forgive the shorter campaign.

also be cautious with this, remember when they said AC3 would have a 30 hour main campaign.......

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 05:05 PM

this is all with about 70-80% sync, I dont go back and do missions for 100 sync since I dont really care about it.

curious as to how everyone is saying these really high numbers per playthrough, even i take my time and explore but I have never gone past the 30 hour mark And i dont rush the game, the only ac game I rushed was acb but i took my time on second playthrough.

Main Path:

for the story being told I felt that ac2 and acr were perfect but the story in ac3 felt rushed, the scope was too big for what they wanted to tell, it needed to be longer imo. acb was just short and i didnt even like the main path missions so yeah wasnt enjoyable.

I hope that I can get a solid 16-18 hours atleast in the MAIN STORY, any less and I wil probably be annoyed. unless the sidem missions are that good that I can forgive the shorter campaign.

also be cautious with this, remember when they said AC3 would have a 30 hour main campaign.......

How the hell did you manage 30 hours on ACR? I thought I was a snail and all I could muster was 19 hours..

ajl992008
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
How the hell did you manage 30 hours on ACR? I thought I was a snail and all I could muster was 19 hours..

13/14 hour main campaign:

4/5 hours for assassin missions and assassins dens

30 mins probably for book missions

30 mins probably again for bomb missions

1-2 hours for desmond missions (I did them slowly to enjoy the art design, I liked the desmond missions)

the remaining amount was likely to be:

- collectables such as animus fragments, chests and those ishak pasha pages

- viewpoints

- experimentation of the bombs, finding new ingredients etc

- rebuilting constantinople

- general exploration since revelations to me had the most immersive world of the ac games which incentivised me to explore it.

- another funny activity i did was to steal coin from loads of citizens and get them in one area and have a big fist fight with all of them, those were alwasy funny.

- den defense (from time to time)

I think I'm missing some things but its been a bit of time since i lasted played the game, I will go replay it today

STDlyMcStudpants
07-24-2013, 06:04 PM

Main Path:

About the same for me but ACBtook 32 and AC 3 took 34
I play the game without trophy hunting first and then i go back to plat which can easily add another 10 to 20 hours

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 06:35 PM

Haha... I don't know how you played it so fast!? Well... I did side missions and hunting and took time to enjoy each sequence, (Especially with Haytham) also there were times where I just flat out failed some. So not even with 100% completion I was at 45h. I just play slow perhaps. It's funny how each persons play-through gives them such dramatic differences in time.

salman147
07-24-2013, 06:38 PM
They said AC2 was 15-25 hrs long.So AC BF is that long.Now I'm leaving you guys to decide how long the game is.

Jexx21
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
for me..

AC1: 30 hours
AC2: 40 Hours
ACB: 40 hours
ACR: 40 Hours
AC3: 40 hours

NondairyGold
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Haha... I don't know how you played it so fast!? Well... I did side missions and hunting and took time to enjoy each sequence, (Especially with Haytham) also there were times where I just flat out failed some. So not even with 100% completion I was at 45h. I just play slow perhaps. It's funny how each persons play-through gives them such dramatic differences in time.

You can say that again, I've clocked up 89 hours on AC3!

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 09:09 PM

mother of...

NondairyGold
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
mother of...

It does include the DLC, but still... I know I have no life!!

Ureh
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
I really devote quite a bit time to studying the scenery, textures, npcs, and combat animations. I don't use fast travel so that might extend the time by a bit. Sometimes I actually leave disappointed cause there'll be some details they skimped on and sometimes similar/reused assets look worse from previous games.

AdamPearce
07-24-2013, 09:35 PM
AC1 > 15h
AC2 > 25h
ACB > 30h
ACR > 39h
AC3 > 90h x 4

:3

ACRules2
07-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Man, I'm looking forwards to this game!

Ureh
07-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Goodness.... 360 hrs?!

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM

Hahah! Whoa! But then again with the DLC it makes since. The DLC for me was another additional 10 hours for me at least. lol!

also @Ureh I didn't fast travel either! I ran and rode my way everywhere just about. I think I fast traveled no more that about 6 times the whole game.

Ureh
07-25-2013, 04:44 AM
Hifi @poptartz20 :D ;)

AC2_alex
07-25-2013, 05:09 AM
Here's my stats

AC1 - 18 hr
AC2 - 80 hr
ACB - 40 hr
ACR - 25 hr
AC3 - 60 hr

And considering how much of an emphasis on exploration they are putting on exploration in AC4, I'll predict 80 hr on the new one.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-25-2013, 06:15 AM
I really devote quite a bit time to studying the scenery, textures, npcs, and combat animations. I don't use fast travel so that might extend the time by a bit. Sometimes I actually leave disappointed cause there'll be some details they skimped on and sometimes similar/reused assets look worse from previous games.
I refuse to use fast travel through my first playthrough as well..it doesnt get touched until the story is done

RinoTheBouncer
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm calling BS. The main campaign by itself won't vary from player to player by 10 ****ing hours. I'm thinking 15 hours = absolute maximum length of the story missions, then add another ten hours to that if you do a lot of exploring and side missions in the meantime. Still not bad, but I hate when they use deceptive marketing language like this.

I totally agree with you.

shayer60
07-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Including multiplayer, I've clocked almost 200 hours. I have no life.

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Including multiplayer, I've clocked almost 200 hours. I have no life.

Looking at the "Assassin's Network" seems I actually played ACIII for a total of 96 hrs, and ACIII MP for 169. So 265 altogether. I don't play MP anymore though. Then it kind of got repetitive.

x___Luffy___x
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM
i looked at my stats just now on "Assassin's Network" i played SP for 92 hours and MP for about 20.

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
i looked at my stats just now on "Assassin's Network" i played SP for 92 hours and MP for about 20.

That means we should both get more than plenty out of ACIV!! :D

Ureh
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah not to mention subsequent playthroughs too, which are sometimes just as rewarding as the 1st playthru.

pacmanate
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Bare in mind the playtesters are most likely 12 year olds.

x___Luffy___x
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
That means we should both get more than plenty out of ACIV!! :D

yes definitely :D. AC4 world looks so beautiful , ill be exploring it a lot more than AC3 too...

egriffin09
07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I personally think AC4 will be about same length as AC3 main story wise (12-15 hrs). But the amount of exploration (50+ locations), AC2/ACB style assassination contracts, meaningful collectibles to upgrade Edward and the Jackdaw, and whatever other side content Ubi choose to put in the game. For me, this is easily 35+ hours of gameplay.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Bare in mind the playtesters are most likely 12 year olds.

So, like you then?

Seriously, they probably have to be 18 or older. So this isn't true, and I have no idea why you would even say this.

hoodrat94
07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't know man, they said the same thing about ac3. Main campaign of AC3 turned out to be the shortest!

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Main campaign of AC3 turned out to be the shortest!
Uhh no...

hoodrat94
07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Uhh no...

Well it's slightly longer than revelations but still!

Sushiglutton
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
No one in the history of videogames has ever answered honest to the question of how long his/her game is. Yet everyone keep asking :nonchalance:. Anyway I don't think any of the AC games have had a shortage of content, so I'm not really worried.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
It's longer than ACB's as well. It's pretty much the same length as AC1 I would think.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Well it's slightly longer than revelations but still!
it`s longer than ACB and ACR..

"but still" means "it`s still the shortest" which makes absolutely no sense now...

STDlyMcStudpants
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I've never been disapointed by an ACs game length...as long as the game leaves me wanting more and doesnt over stay its welcome, I will be happy
once a game hits 40 hours, im done with it...i have to drag myself to the end
In the past, all game length predictions included story, side quests, collectibles, and no fast travel
But with the size of this map i see this prediction just being story, sidequest and no fast travel...collectibles and aimless exploring by themselves should add quite a bit of time

salman147
07-25-2013, 06:21 PM

SO IT WAS YOU WHO POSTED YOUR GAMELENGTH ON www.gamelengths.com

pirate1802
07-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Uhh no...

A few days ago I counted the main missions of ACR and AC3. Apparently Connor in AC3 gets fewer main missions than Ezio in AC3. Maybe thats what colours people's perceptions? That it takes too long to get into his Assassin gear?

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 06:33 PM
A few days ago I counted the main missions of ACR and AC3. Apparently Connor in AC3 gets fewer main missions than Ezio in ACR*. Maybe thats what colours people's perceptions? That it takes too long to get into his Assassin gear?
Perhaps...still quite inaccurate...although It makes me feel worse to know that Connor got less time than Ezio did in his shortest game :|

pirate1802
07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
t makes me feel worse to know that Connor got less time than Ezio did in his shortest game :|

Exactly.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Exactly.
I really hope he has another game..where the length would be something respectable...

poptartz20
07-25-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't know man, they said the same thing about ac3. Main campaign of AC3 turned out to be the shortest!

Yeahh... about this. Not exactly. Lol.

@ M

Yeah I hope he does too. Even if it's a PS Vita title.. He really should get one more. Just sayin.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
yea, I really hope Connor doesn't get just a vita title.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Yeah I hope he does too. Even if it's a PS Vita title..
But Connor deserves better D:

poptartz20
07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
yea, I really hope Connor doesn't get just a vita title.

I would hope he would get more than just that.. but being more realistic since they have already moved on to Grandpappy Kenway he might just have to reduced to a Vita title. :c

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
But Connor deserves better D:

Yes he does. A whole lot better than that.

pacmanate
07-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes he does. A whole lot better than that.

Agreed. Hes definitely getting another game though, whether its a spin off or not. Every Assassin has so far so I see no reason why Connor is going to be different.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 07:25 PM
yea, but they basically already said Edward is only getting one game.

In a tweet they said that we should know everything we need to know about Edward from Black Flag and the books.

And I'm guessing that there's gonna be at least one more Kenway game.

Assassin's Creed IV: Return of Connor?

Besides that, if they're finishing Edward's story in Black Flag, and Haytham's story is already finished, we only have Connor left.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 07:26 PM

In a tweet they said that we should know everything we need to know about Edward from Black Flag and the books.

Besides that, if they're finishing Edward's story in Black Flag, and Haytham's story is already finished, we only have Connor left.
Makes total sense

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Agreed. Hes definitely getting another game though, whether its a spin off or not. Every Assassin has so far so I see no reason why Connor is going to be different.

You've made me SO happy!!! :D

STDlyMcStudpants
07-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Assassins Creed Genesis ;D Connor will be the main protagonist on the trail of a treasure hunt left by his grandfather for a piece of eden...also get flash backs of adam and eve because it will lead us to africa where it all started ;D ;D ;D

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 08:34 PM
What I want is for Connor to have a daughter, and that we'll play as her in Assassin's Creed V, where the modern-day protagonist is Otso Berg, and we live through her memories looking for something. And ACV would also be the last game in the Kenway saga, and eventually Connor's daughter would be married and the name Kenway will no longer live on as an Assassin family name. So we would go through all of the Kenway Assassins.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 08:36 PM
What I want is for Connor to have a daughter, and that we'll play as her in Assassin's Creed V, where the modern-day protagonist is Otso Berg, and we live through her memories looking for something. And ACV would also be the last game in the Kenway saga, and eventually Connor's daughter would be married and the name Kenway will no longer live on as an Assassin family name. So we would go through all of the Kenway Assassins.
and Connor would be called Connor Davenport-Kenway :|

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Mm.. I believe that he will adopt the name of Kenway rather than a hyphenated Davenport-Kenway.

The only reason why he wouldn't adopt the name Kenway is because of his previous disposition towards Haytham. But his disposition for Haytham changed after he read Haytham's journal, and he may also more readily accept the name of Kenway when he learns more about his grandfather Edward (who he knows about fully by the time the Tyranny happens).

But no, this is my prediction and wants for future games:

Assassin's Creed IV: <subtitle related to story> : Has Connor as the main protagonist, modern day-protagonist is still "us"
Assassin's Creed V : Connor's daughter as main protagonist, Otso Berg is modern-day protagonist, finishes off the Juno plot line.

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 08:47 PM
But no, this is my prediction and wants for future games:

Assassin's Creed IV: <subtitle related to story> : Has Connor as the main protagonist, modern day-protagonist is still "us"
Assassin's Creed V : Connor's daughter as main protagonist, Otso Berg is modern-day protagonist, finishes off the Juno plot line.

I could go with that! xD

Ureh
07-25-2013, 09:04 PM

They can always change their plans depending on the AC4 sales.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 09:10 PM
They actually can't unless they want their money to go down the drain.

Ureh
07-25-2013, 09:16 PM
They did it with ACB and ACR right? I think I remember a few devs confirming that ACB was the last Ezio game then Yves or some other brass redacted that statement.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Yea, but that wasn't a situation where they threw away work they already did or added story where story couldn't be added.

After Black Flag there isn't really a way to add any more to Edward's story, as he is always training Haytham as of 1728.

LoyalACFan
07-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Yea, but that wasn't a situation where they threw away work they already did or added story where story couldn't be added.

After Black Flag there isn't really a way to add any more to Edward's story, as he is always training Haytham as of 1728.

So training Haytham took up 100% of his time? I'm sure he was still an active Assassin, and if they really wanted to, they could give him another Revelations-length game set in London. I hope they don't, as I want them to save London a new Assassin, but I'm just saying they could.

And yeah, I know we technically played in London with Haytham already, but you know what I mean.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, Edward probably has a job besides being an Assassin now, because he has to keep up his income and he isn't the Mentor (pretty sure he isn't anyway). He also makes friends with Reginald (who he doesn't even know is a Templar), and I'm pretty sure Edward's wife wanted him to retire from the Assassin life anyway (if she even knew about his life as an Assassin), seeing as she was horrified seeing Haytham killing a man.

I don't think we're getting a second Edward game. The official Assassin's Creed twitter said as much, and I highly doubt they could pack in enough details in a second game dedicated to Edward to warrant it. The most I could see is an Edward/Haytham combo game that takes place in London, covering what Edward did in London besides training Haytham and what Haytham experienced in training from Reginald Birch. Maybe that game would even be a Vita title.

LoyalACFan
07-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Well, Edward probably has a job besides being an Assassin now, because he has to keep up his income and he isn't the Mentor (pretty sure he isn't anyway).

I just kinda figured he was rich as hell by the time he retired from piracy. He may not even have a job.

He also makes friends with Reginald (who he doesn't even know is a Templar), and I'm pretty sure Edward's wife wanted him to retire from the Assassin life anyway (if she even knew about his life as an Assassin), seeing as she was horrified seeing Haytham killing a man.

She was horrified because he was like seven... Seeing your little kid murder somebody would be jarring even if you were an Assassin yourself.

I don't think we're getting a second Edward game. The official Assassin's Creed twitter said as much, and I highly doubt they could pack in enough details in a second game dedicated to Edward to warrant it. The most I could see is an Edward/Haytham combo game that takes place in London, covering what Edward did in London besides training Haytham and what Haytham experienced in training from Reginald Birch. Maybe that game would even be a Vita title.

I'm just saying. Brotherhood was confirmed as Ezio's last game too, but we all know how that ended. If they really want to do another Edward game, it's gonna happen.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 11:22 PM
He was ten actually.

And I highly doubt that they'll make another Edward game. Sure, if they really want to, they can. But the signs point to no.

ajl992008
07-26-2013, 12:55 AM
I don't think they will do another Edward game, I think the next game will introduce a new present day protagonist and we will play as Connors son, a new kenway in the French Revolution, the game would essentially get the ac3 treatment where we play as Connor for the first 4-6 hours and the rest as his son while Connor is present in the story without us playing as him (this being assassins creed V). Then assassins creed 6 will introduce a new character who isn't a kenway in a completely new setting which concludes the Juno storyline ( this being AC VI and being the true next gen assassins creed)

AC2_alex
07-26-2013, 01:28 AM
I think the next game will introduce a new present day protagonist and we will play as Connors son, a new kenway in the French Revolution, the game would essentially get the ac3 treatment where we play as Connor for the first 4-6 hours and the rest as his son while Connor is present in the story without us playing as him

This... is a TERRIBLE idea. Just awful.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 02:12 AM
I personally think that the next game will still be called Assassin's Creed IV (with a subtitle of course), because what was the point of adding the subtitle to this game if there weren't going to be more AC4's?

And somewhere, it was established that each game with a new protagonist will be a new numbered title. I think that the next game will be a Connor game, and I think that it will still take place in North America, but still with a large naval component. It's possible that we could go upwards and explore some of Canada. New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, maybe even Newfoundland for some Viking fun (aren't Vikings like the northern version of pirates anyway? :P). Or maybe we could go further west and explore areas like Ohio and Illinois. Connor's tribe is moving west after all. Plus, there's the Northwest Indian war that took place from 1785 - 1795.

I really want Assassin's Creed V to have Connor's daughter as the main protagonist. As with a female protagonist, we could end the story of the "Kenway Assassins" by having her marrying and changing her name from Kenway to something else (but they might have to do this in a way that doesn't seem against gender equality). I don't know exactly what her story would be like or what her setting would be, but I think it would be cool.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-26-2013, 02:54 AM

Sorry, but when you say Templar sheep; Does this include those in the Initiates forums that always win making a point about how the Templar's philosophy are probably more reasonable than the Assassin's Creed ?

Who cares if more people start liking Templars? It's their choice. That's what's great about moral ambiguity--no one faction is right or wrong and that's a good thing.

Besides, a heck of a lot more think the Assassin's are the right ones. It's a vocal minority on these forums that support that support the Templar's.

I agree, it's good to see that at least some of us understand 'moral relativism' and how each individual holds their own unique-ish view of the world by the graces of the freedom to will :D

I'm not talking about these forums only. :/

The issue is that the Assassins had no says via gamers views in AC3 and it kills the ambiguity. There's a large bunch who like the Templars in AC3 or now likes them as a whole. That is the difference. At least give Assassins a defense is all I'm saying. The reason I say this today is because I remember that one thread where one guy compared the philosophies and as he says for the Assassins, it "makes no damn sense". If anything, it makes it LESS ambiguous. I just started to grow on Edward, but it sounds like he's screwing over Humanity morally.

So here it is, ALAS, the leaker from within the secret confines of the initiates page. I knew somebody was bound to be trying something on these forums...THIS must be evident to the fact that you are the one that is not liking the little 'influence' me and my kind are doing from within initiates to convert new comers!!!

....I am telling all my Templar buddies about this!!! you will understand our views and submit. We have already been working at ways to better convert the new blood, the website will be molded based on TEMPLAR IDEALS, REGARDLESS OF POTENTIAL RESISTANCE. IT IS FUTILE WE ALREADY INCH CLOSER TO OUR DESIRED GOALS!!!

"I'm not so bad, once you get to know me." - Agent Smith

ajl992008
07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
This... is a TERRIBLE idea. Just awful.

would you like to elaborate why? are you that desperate for a connor only game or do you want ezio again? rather than abusing connor it would be cool to see him as a character you interact with and since you would be playing as his son there would be this father son dynamic which we saw between haytham and connor in ac3 which were some of my favourite parts in the game, this also gives us a new setting and new character keeping it fresh while being able conclude connors story as well (we don't need to be playing as him to see his conclusion).

LoyalACFan
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
would you like to elaborate why? are you that desperate for a connor only game or do you want ezio again? rather than abusing connor it would be cool to see him as a character you interact with and since you would be playing as his son there would be this father son dynamic which we saw between haytham and connor in ac3 which were some of my favourite parts in the game, this also gives us a new setting and new character keeping it fresh while being able conclude connors story as well (we don't need to be playing as him to see his conclusion).

I'm not the guy you quoted, but I dislike your idea because the pacing of AC3 was godawful due to Haytham's sequences. Though I enjoyed Haytham thoroughly, Connor needed more screen time. I mean, his birth, his childhood, his training, and all of his assassinations were crammed into nine sequences (including two very short, super-linear ones at the end). To put that in perspective, Connor's entire adult life story was shorter than Ezio's second spinoff. Hell, he didn't even hit puberty until the game was almost halfway over. So no, I never want to see another AC game split across two generations like that again, though I'd be fine with either playing as Connor interacting with his NPC son or playing as the son interacting with NPC Connor.

Mr_Shade
07-26-2013, 11:10 AM
err

looks at topic...

If you want to derail the thread into another subject - please make a new thread..

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm not the guy you quoted, but I dislike your idea because the pacing of AC3 was godawful due to Haytham's sequences. Though I enjoyed Haytham thoroughly, Connor needed more screen time. I mean, his birth, his childhood, his training, and all of his assassinations were crammed into nine sequences (including two very short, super-linear ones at the end). To put that in perspective, Connor's entire adult life story was shorter than Ezio's second spinoff. Hell, he didn't even hit puberty until the game was almost halfway over. So no, I never want to see another AC game split across two generations like that again, though I'd be fine with either playing as Connor interacting with his NPC son or playing as the son interacting with NPC Connor.

Well, if they ever make a two-assassin game again they need to make sure its long enough to give all the protags proper playtime. And I agree with you, though Haytham's sequences in themselves, were awesome.. they ultimately harmed Connor's ones. Connor got less screentime than Ezio in ACR,, and that is... <in Udina's voice> UNACCEPTABLE!

Spider_Sith9
07-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Sorry, but when you say Templar sheep; Does this include those in the Initiates forums that always win making a point about how the Templar's philosophy are probably more reasonable than the Assassin's Creed ?

I agree, it's good to see that at least some of us understand 'moral relativism' and how each individual holds their own unique-ish view of the world by the graces of the freedom to will :D

So here it is, ALAS, the leaker from within the secret confines of the initiates page. I knew somebody was bound to be trying something on these forums...THIS must be evident to the fact that you are the one that is not liking the little 'influence' me and my kind are doing from within initiates to convert new comers!!!

....I am telling all my Templar buddies about this!!! you will understand our views and submit. We have already been working at ways to better convert the new blood, the website will be molded based on TEMPLAR IDEALS, REGARDLESS OF POTENTIAL RESISTANCE. IT IS FUTILE WE ALREADY INCH CLOSER TO OUR DESIRED GOALS!!!

"I'm not so bad, once you get to know me." - Agent Smith

Uhhhh you realize I wasn't talking about Initiates right? I was talking about a much more different place. Since you seem to feel that I AM trying to influence, I shall convince you I am not so I will come off coldly about this. And I'm gonna be blunt.

Edward sucks. He's scum. He abuses the Creed and gives no regard to Human life. A damned hedonist. I brought this up because of a realization about Edward from the recent news about his story and how one guy many months said the Assassins philosophy makes no sense. I ask you how do you fix this problem? One way: MAKE SENSE.

People would still hate Connor. People enjoy PLAYING as the character not interacting with them.

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Edward sucks. He's scum. He abuses the Creed and gives no regard to Human life. A damned hedonist.

This makes me more interested in Edward. About time we had an anti-hero potag in AC (and main protag, not like Haytham).

Mr_Shade
07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
I take it no one bothered to read my post?

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 12:23 PM
I take it no one bothered to read my post?

I agree with you. We should keep it on topic here. It's about the length of the game not who sucks and who rocks.

Spider_Sith9
07-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I agree with you. We should keep it on topic here. It's about the length of the game not who sucks and who rocks.

Very well. Just correcting some...much needed information. :)

Acrimonious_Nin
07-27-2013, 12:04 AM
OT:: The length of the game is going to be what we get all the time more than 10 hours less than 30 hours on average if you play for 5 hours a day this game is going to be just like the last 5 to 10 days depending on how much of a gamer you can be lmao.

@Spider_sith9 I liked how you used key words in moments of AC like 'realization' and 'make sense' lol :D hmm

Ureh
07-28-2013, 03:42 PM
It took me over two weeks to finish AC3 so this'll probably take me a month or more.