PDA

View Full Version : Ashraf Ismail on Assassin's Creed in Egypt, China, and odds on Future Warfare

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I know everyone has their particular favourite AC setting in mind, but was Egypt or China an AC setting choice for you? Which would you choose?

Well, Ashraf's certainly not against these settings, personally. ^_~

Ashraf Ismail's thoughts on:

AC in Egypt or China:

“I love people who say they’d love to see a game in Egypt or China. On a personal level, I would love to push for something like that.”

Future Warfare AC:

“We have that freedom, except I’d put a caveat on it: [this series] is about historical tourism, so jumping into the future is a possibility, but that past element is really important – its not something we’re going to lose.”

Hurley, Leon (2013) "Assassin’s Creed 4′s return to AC 2′s gameplay “an intention from the beginning” say Ubi", Official PlayStation Magazine, published on 12 July 2013.
Source:http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/12/assassins-creed-4s-return-to-ac-2s-gameplay-an-intention-from-the-beginning-say-ubi/2/

lothario-da-be
07-18-2013, 07:39 PM
"Assassin’s Creed 4′s return to AC 2′s gameplay “an intention from the beginning” say Ubi",
hype level decreased with 20%

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 07:42 PM
"Assassin’s Creed 4′s return to AC 2′s gameplay “an intention from the beginning” say Ubi",

Wrong thread, but... Sorry lothario. Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up.

Edit: It seems to have been taken out of context. They are talking about going back to ACI and ACII's open-ended assassinations...

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Wow, you literally cited your source. That's pretty damn close to a perfect MLA citation.

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Wow, you literally cited your source. That's pretty damn close to a perfect MLA citation.

Thank you :) I usually go with Harvard, but I didn't think I should be that formal.

silvermercy
07-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't mind either. But I'd prefer Egypt. Or at least Egypt to be explored first.

Spider_Sith9
07-18-2013, 08:52 PM

I agree :( I knew they were trying to milk AC2's success still.

As for China. There is still hope...

I-Like-Pie45
07-18-2013, 09:02 PM
There should be an AC game in Egypt or China, just not the generic Ancient Pharaoh or Dynasty eras that the majority of the people want.

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 09:12 PM
I agree :( I knew they were trying to milk AC2's success still.

Ubi did not say that. There's been a mix-up. ^^' Check the other thread.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Those of you interested in China, do you have any idea what historical period could be used? I'm not so familiar with China's history, except I know about Mulan who is disputed to have lived somewhere between 386 AD and 618 AD; and of course earlier, there is the Three Kingdoms Period during 168 AD and 280 AD.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I`m biased so I want Egypt :|

No Ancient...unless there`s Athens, Rome and Alexandria...

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:53 AM
AH screw egypt

Crouching.Tiger
07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Those of you interested in China, do you have any idea what historical period could be used? I'm not so familiar with China's history, except I know about Mulan who is disputed to have lived somewhere between 386 AD and 618 AD; and of course earlier, there is the Three Kingdoms Period during 168 AD and 280 AD.I'd like to see the early 20th century, before the revolution. Shanghai would be a good choice, a lot of tension between different nationalities (like in the Tintin album "The Blue Lotus" or the Bruce Lee kickass classic "The Fist of Fury", although hopefully without as much blatant anti-Japanese sentiments). But of course you'd have to be able to infiltrate the Forbidden City at least once.

lonewarrior30
07-19-2013, 11:09 AM
ancient greece,please

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 11:19 AM
ancient greece,please
That'd be my preference, too, actually... (they could even combine it with Egypt).

(Why is it always China and Egypt? Great locations but it just feels cliched some times...)

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 11:20 AM
That'd be my preference, too, actually... (they could even combine it with Egypt).

(Why is it always China and Egypt? Great locations but it just feels cliched some times...)
Because in Egypt, China finds you....everything to the tea pot is made in china

ForsakenMessiah
07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
I dont really mind any setting as long as its filled with conspiracy and conflict, they literally have the whole of history to play with. some of my favourite possibilities are the french revolution, English civil war and the peasants revolt, feudal japan (i know a lot of ppl dont like the sound of a Tenchu style game, but i have confidence in ubisoft), colonising of india and war with france during victorian period, even the possibility of roman empire would be epic (could make a series of that one, its a LOT of history) obviously milking it is a concern though.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I dont really mind any setting as long as its filled with conspiracy and conflict, they literally have the whole of history to play with. some of my favourite possibilities are the french revolution, English civil war and the peasants revolt, feudal japan (i know a lot of ppl dont like the sound of a Tenchu style game, but i have confidence in ubisoft), colonising of india and war with france during victorian period, even the possibility of roman empire would be epic (could make a series of that one, its a LOT of history) obviously milking it is a concern though.

I don't mind feudal Japan. Then it will be Assassins VS Ninjas! xD

ForsakenMessiah
07-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't mind feudal Japan. Then it will be Assassins VS Ninjas! xD

more like assassins vs samurai, who were the warlords and sometimes tyranical. wasnt until an emperor wanted to learn of other cultures that they stopped beheading visitors the moment they set foot ashore.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 02:32 PM
more like assassins vs samurai, who were the warlords and sometimes tyranical. wasnt until an emperor wanted to learn of other cultures that they stopped beheading visitors the moment they set foot ashore.

Ok. I forgot Samurai, :p but there were still Ninjas. Do you mean like "Rurouni Kenshin"? That period...?

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
A game in Greece, Egypt , Persia, and India during Alexander the great's conquest FTW!

Ureh
07-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I want all of them... at the same time.

Sigv4rd
07-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Those of you interested in China, do you have any idea what historical period could be used? I'm not so familiar with China's history, except I know about Mulan who is disputed to have lived somewhere between 386 AD and 618 AD; and of course earlier, there is the Three Kingdoms Period during 168 AD and 280 AD.

My vote is for a game starring Shao Jun in the Ming dynasty. Otherwise really any time period could work, China has a rich history...