PDA

View Full Version : Low performance

Nasitis
07-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Hello. So I've recently bought Assassins Creed 3 and didn't want to try it out until I buy a new graphic card which I did today. After installing it, I went in game and I was kind of disappointed. I dropped all of the video settings on lowest possible which is normal, and my performance is still low, even below 30 FPS I'd say.

My specifications are:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7790 1GB
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 250 3.0 GHZ
RAM: 4 GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P

Now what I find strange is that I can run Battlefield 3 on High/Ultra settings without any problems what so ever, actually I think that I can go even higher than that.

The question now is, am I experiencing some unusual issue, or is my PC still way too bad for nowadays games?

Thanks!

P.S: It takes a lot of time for my system to start. When I reboot or simply boot my PC, it takes a lot of time to get it working, so it could be than my computer is infected. I remember that my friend had problems, and when he fixed that he had no trouble with games.

BlastThyName
07-18-2013, 12:32 PM
It's normal, you have a dual core CPU and AC3 is heavily CPU limited.

spectatorx
07-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Do not worry, unfortunately in case of ac3 it is "normal". There is no hardware that can run the game with decent fps, just game is totally unoptimized. Even people with top-en hardware have issues with singleplayer and most of them are getting under 30fps in different locations in ac3.

But anyway, for nowadays games 4 core cpu is minimum.

You can update your soundcard and gpu drivers but this will not help much. Go to control panel/windows update and install all available updates, this also is good to do. About slow starting pc, go to folders:
C:/windows/temp/
C:windows/prefetch/
C:\Users\$USERNAME$\AppData\Local\Temp\
And delete all files from them if possible, some files may be not removable. After this your computer will be booting way faster.

Nasitis
07-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you guys for your replies. Anyway, if I can afford a new CPU anytime soon, which one would you recommend? Of course it must provide a good balance of my current components, and I'd like some quad core AMD processor.

P.S: I'm going to buy more RAM, like 4 GB more.

EDIT: Is this one any good? CPU FM2 AMD Athlon™ II X4 Quad-Core 740, 3.20GHz

spectatorx
07-18-2013, 02:53 PM
No, your motherboard has am3 socket, not fm2. List of supported cpus you can view in here:
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3833

Also before upgrading cpu update your motherboard's bios to latest available version, it will give you support to all cpus from this list.

Nasitis
07-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I suck.

Anyway, just noticed that a lot of people have frame rate problems so...wasted money I guess. Thanks for the replies.