PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Graphics Glitch

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Hey guys,
Has anyone seen the graphics glitch on Assassins Creed 3, when travelling from Concord to the daverport homestead in the Frontier? I just noticed it when I was playing not to long ago, and I was just wondering if it happens with anyone else. I rang my cousin to see if he is having a similar problem with his copy, and he is. It's pretty weird, have a look if you get the chance. The glitch happens on my PS3, not sure about 360.

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Anyone seem to have come across this glitch?

Ureh
07-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Can you describe how the glitch looks like? how long does it last? etc

I have it on ps3 too, but haven't noticed anything odd for the situation you described (fast traveling from Concord to Davenport).

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Yeah it doesn't happen all the time when travelling from concord to davernport homestead, but when it does happen the graphics sort of look all blurry for about 5 seconds, then all the texture just pops in and it looks normal again, so you can play like before. Nothing game-breaking, but just wanted to see if its happening to anyone else. If it doesn't happen the first time you do it, you might have to try doing it a few times (going to concord and then fast travelling to davernport homestead) before it happens. When and if it does happen though, you can't miss it. Also wanted to know if it was normal?

Ureh
07-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Oh yeah that occured for me a few time as well. Sometimes it'll happen in the cities too (when using underground fast travel).

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Oh ok did that just happen for you now? Or a few times in the past? When you say in the cities, do you mean that the buildings go blurry as well (say in New York or Boston) only when you use underground fast travel? Or do they become blurry all of a sudden?

Aphex_Tim
07-17-2013, 07:30 AM
That's not really a glitch though. It's just your PS3 having a hard time rendering the area.

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah I guess so. But I don't understand how my cousin and I could be having the exact same problem with the game by fast travelling. Maybe it could be a bug.

poptartz20
07-17-2013, 09:04 AM
sadly this whole game is a huge glitch. It should have never been made!

Haha. No, really. it could be a hdd issue. I had several problems while playing the game (and a couple others) come to find out my hdd just needed to be replaces as it was going bad.

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm playing AC 3 on a new ps3 (super slim model), the HDD is still new, and has really never been used. I also have no problems on any other games.

poptartz20
07-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm playing AC 3 on a new ps3 (super slim model), the HDD is still new, and has really never been used. I also have no problems on any other games.

ahhh... okay. well then it could fall either way with this issue software or hardware. I personally never had it. (I have a regular slim model) I wish I had more information to off you on this. I really do hope you can still and do enjoy the game!

S_Spizz
07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, it's not game breaking, it's just annoying.

Ureh
07-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh ok did that just happen for you now? Or a few times in the past? When you say in the cities, do you mean that the buildings go blurry as well (say in New York or Boston) only when you use underground fast travel? Or do they become blurry all of a sudden?

No, I'm not playing it now, but it happened about 5ish times on my playthroughs. It usually occurs when I step out of the underground; the plants, trees, buildings, and sometimes the ground will have texture pop-ins. The game is typically frozen probably cause it's still loading. But sometimes I can walk/run around while the environment is still loading. But it ends pretty quickly so not really a bother like you said.

Free_Hidings
07-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Should've got an Xbox.

http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/xbox360logo.jpg

http://gggadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/xbox-is-the-best-selling-console-worldwide.png

S_Spizz
07-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Yeah, the way you are explaining it is pretty much what is happening and yeah it's not a big deal, nor is it game-breaking.

S_Spizz
07-18-2013, 01:15 AM
I would have bought an xbox, but recently when I spoke to people who did have one, but then changed to a PS3, they said that the xbox was the worst console that Microsoft ever brought out. So, I thought, instead of me spending more time at the repair shop, than I would be playing the xbox, I just bought a PS3, and in my opinion, the PS3 is the better console.