PDA

View Full Version : Patchnote - July 2013 update

Kimundi
07-16-2013, 02:30 PM
The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to present some new features, updates, and fixes to the game!

*The game will be updated on Wednesday July 24th at 3 pm (Paris), Maintenance should take an estimated time of 2 hours.*

Card Balancing Updates:

Activation of Nergal’s poison ability now costs 1 resource.
Week of the Wild Spirits is no longer a passive event. It’s activated with a cost of 1 resource, and lasts “Until End of Turn”.

Friend List Updates:
Set Your Status:

Use the button at the top left of the Friends List to toggle your status between Available, Away, and Do Not Disturb.
When set to Do Not Disturb, you will automatically block all incoming social notifications, requests & chat messages.

Challenge a Friend:

It's now even easier to challenge your friends to a duel. Simply open the Friends List and click on a friend then select the crossed swords icon to send them a challenge!

Requests:

You can see both sent and received Friend and Challenge requests, and clear them from the list.

Chat Updates:

A notification will trigger when you receive a new unread message in a chat room.
If you do not talk to your opponent during a duel, the chat window will close automatically when you leave the battleground.

Options Menu Updates:
Twitch Streaming Support (PC Users Only):

You can now stream Duel of Champions directly to your Twitch account!
First, go to the Twitch tab in the Options Menu.
Then just enter your login details and hit F5 to start or stop streaming at any time.

New Social Options:

A new social tab in the Options Menu allows you to filter friend requests, block chat profanity, and display the battleground chat in the battlelog.

Bug Fixes:

Fixes to reduce number of drop outs and disconnects in the Swiss Tournaments.
Fixed a desync when discarding a Shi-No-Shi using Hellfire Bridge.
Fixed situation that could trigger an empty Mulligan at the start of a duel.

Spectator Mode Client :

1st iteration of Spectator Mode, for official Ubisoft events, in order to stream chosen duels or tournaments [EDIT : This feature will only be available for Ubisoft team members at first!]

Aza is currently on vacation, so I'll try to answer any questions you may have in the meantime ;)

Atum85
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
No news About Atropos + Adar-Malik? They deserve a nerf ASAP.

Cornelis83
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Twitch support.... such a bad priority.

Why? -.-

TheRahr
07-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Adar-Malik and Atropos do not deserve nerf, necromantic fortunes and all revival abilities should be changed to nonunique that is all :)

Atum85
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Sure...probably because u are an abuser of them u speak that way. Atropos is the opposite of fair so he WELL deserves a nerf. First of all he has to cost 6 (and maybe 2 destiny too) and then u need to nerf Adar malik in a way he cannot get back Unique chars.

Pjovejas
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Sure...probably because u are an abuser of them u speak that way. Atropos is the opposite of fair so he WELL deserves a nerf. First of all he has to cost 6 (and maybe 2 destiny too) and then u need to nerf Adar malik in a way he cannot get back Unique chars.

Of course! and all cretures must be only 3/3/3 fliers with no abilities

/sarcasm mode off

Atum85
07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Of course! and all cretures must be only 3/3/3 fliers with no abilities

/sarcasm mode offNo, u can keep on playing a game with only 1 faction then.

/sarcasm mode off

chuckdeg
07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
i think what matters most now is the new trading system and a way to use same cards in different decks. Care to tell us when we can expect these features?
The more it waits, the more you're losing players.

starec
07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
For **** sake the only **** they do is nerfed Nergal (this is not even a nerf) and Week of Wild Spirits. After that sort of patch notes posting without balancig Developers just said like: " You know community, **** you all and we dont give a **** about all of you ". Kinda stupid with thta patchnotes Devs you just sabotaged this game..

Kimundi
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
i think what matters most now is the new trading system and a way to use same cards in different decks. Care to tell us when we can expect these features?
The more it waits, the more you're losing players.

Those features should be available in the near future, but I can't tell you when exactly !

DraknoSama
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
No, u can keep on playing a game with only 1 faction then.

/sarcasm mode off

Dude Pjovejas is one of the top players, I am not fond of atropos any more than you are but he/she probably knows about the game's balance a lot better than either of us so you should at least consider his/her opinion, it's not like you are meeting adar malik + atropos + 4 banshee every game at your elo so chill out man, necromancy is supposed to be necropolis's mechanic so nothing's wrong with a deck focused on that mechanic being actually decent?

RedEmperor30
07-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Although there has been a huge outcry for nerfing nerg, there are quite a few decks currently in meta that are decimating nergal. The nerf only becomes relevant to lower elo players granted, in higher elo, you will probably see a flooding of dharmia arbiter lock and adair decks - nerg dominance is now a thing of the past.

A question about wild spirits, would you not agree that the opposite card tamed spirits should also be activated and not passive? Would make perfect sense?

RedEmperor30
07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
A thought for trading cards, multiple accounts is a problem - best solution IMHO - change pit to allow you choose which ever card you would like to sacrifice cards for - you already have the value system in place for cards and trade value - open all cards up for choice - this would probably increase the amount of gold and seals required by players to either open packs, collect cards and sacrifice?

TheRahr
07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
@Atum85: If you whine about Adar+Atropos it seems that you haven't played against fortune seria or flashbane with those op necromantic revival fortunes ( I will give you one of many hints: it goes this way Banshee-> Rite of Necromantic Transfer -> Atropos -> Banshee + other creature from graveyard etc. etc. and in the late game you will see the tsunami of banshee + atropos and this goes only for Rite of necromantic transfer, Necro decks on fortunes also play Seria last order, Seria legion, Ariannas Lair, Altar of ES, No rest for the wicked, graveyard ).
Moreover Adar can be killed/countered by many decks and it isnt op anymore.

ps. Atropos is good unique creature but he shouldnt be abused by ressurection fortune cards or abilities.

Hantziie
07-16-2013, 03:41 PM
i hate the Wild Spirits nerf ._.

DraknoSama
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Although there has been a huge outcry for nerfing nerg, there are quite a few decks currently in meta that are decimating nergal. The nerf only becomes relevant to lower elo players granted, in higher elo, you will probably see a flooding of dharmia arbiter lock and adair decks - nerg dominance is now a thing of the past.

A question about wild spirits, would you not agree that the opposite card tamed spirits should also be activated and not passive? Would make perfect sense?

Though wild/tame are supposed to be counterparts the week of the wild's purpose is to hinder your opponent instead of boosting yourself so if it became an activated week it would turn down right useless right away.

RedEmperor30
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
ps. Atropos is good unique creature but he shouldn't be abused by resurrection fortune cards or abilities.[/QUOTE]

completely agree with ThaRahr, Atropos should be seen as unique and immune to res abilities. The fact that you res 3 creatures by bringing him back [banshee, spider, pao] is INSANE.

That being said there are other frustrating decks, my pet hate at the mo - Kat - kai's grand finale, even with a rush deck - hands up how many times have you seen broken bridge, goodbye full health hero!!

DanielKurzempa
07-16-2013, 03:55 PM
@Atum85: If you whine about Adar+Atropos it seems that you haven't played against fortune seria or flashbane with those op necromantic revival fortunes ( I will give you one of many hints: it goes this way Banshee-> Rite of Necromantic Transfer -> Atropos -> Banshee + other creature from graveyard etc. etc. and in the late game you will see the tsunami of banshee + atropos and this goes only for Rite of necromantic transfer, Necro decks on fortunes also play Seria last order, Seria legion, Ariannas Lair, Altar of ES, No rest for the wicked, graveyard ).

http://youtu.be/eZI930_t36Q

NorsemanXXI
07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I was really hopping you guys would finally listen to the community and allow to reuse the same card in several decks in this patch.

Still... I won't be negative about it. I like most of the changes. Also, I think the twitch feature, if works well, can really increase the number of people streaming.

trupiciel
07-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Burn Ubisoft, burn! Gather the torches fellow villagers and let's march on them! The mob is angrrry! :D

NorsemanXXI
07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Burn Ubisoft, burn! Gather the torches fellow villagers and let's march on them! The mob is angrrry! :D

The day a new patch comes out and there isn't an angry mob will be a cold day in hell.

Kraven_Moorhead
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Really you guys didn't add the ability to use your cards in multiple decks? All the other updates seem pointless. You really need to get your priorities straightened out. You don't seem to listen very well to player feedback.

Atum85
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Dude Pjovejas is one of the top players, I am not fond of atropos any more than you are but he/she probably knows about the game's balance a lot better than either of us so you should at least consider his/her opinion, it's not like you are meeting adar malik + atropos + 4 banshee every game at your elo so chill out man, necromancy is supposed to be necropolis's mechanic so nothing's wrong with a deck focused on that mechanic being actually decent?I can't care less who he is. He had no consideration for my opinion, why should I care for his? He almost surely loves to abuse the combo that's why he is trying to avoid the nerf. No player that cares for the health of the game would ever say that a card like Atropos is fine. As I said already in another topic, a card that can give u +2 (with the potential to do so on and on and more and more the longer the game goes)continually is at no means balanced. Everyone would play him even if he was a 1/1 creature at 5 cost with his ability, but of course he is even better than that, being a shooter with 3 atk and 7 health for 5 that gives u +2 and can even be played over and over again. Btw I am meeting ONLY Adar+ Atropos. If i'd tell u the truth u wouldn't even believe me how many times I met him 2 days ago (counted it intentionally for all those "better-knowing dudes" out there who pretend it is impossible to meet him much cause he is from last set...well, think again). On 50 games, I met 1 Alia...the rest were only Atropos+ Adar! Unbelievable u say? Impossible u say? That's the same things I said too! Of course, since u are better knowing it u will surely think this is rly healthy for the game, right? No problem meeting almost 50 times the same deck in a row, this means surely that the game and the factions in it are very well balanced, there is no problem meeting only 1 faction with always the same hero i suppose....IN UR DREAMS MAYBE.

Moreover Adar can be killed/countered by many decks and it isnt op anymore.

ps. Atropos is good unique creature but he shouldnt be abused by ressurection fortune cards or abilities.I never said that Seria fortune is not an abused deck too dude. Still here we talk about necro faction again. And about atropos again. So what exactly is your point? Cause how it states now u are saying what I am saying too: Necropolis needs to be nerfed in more than 1 way. Atropos being balanced? Not in this world, friend. He is the most unhealthy card in the whole game.

Really you guys didn't add the ability to use your cards in multiple decks? All the other updates seem pointless. You really need to get your priorities straightened out. You don't seem to listen very well to player feedback.We think alike it seems.

dooshaan
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Ive wrote similar comment on polish board to patchnote list.

The thing is, i dont understand whats the point, of creating (yes, by you ubisoft) votepools like "which faction is worst one" on polish board. There, you have your results, and (i think) ALL comments pointing on same faction: HAVEN. It was something like ~50 votes on haven, with 3 or 4 at most on any other. And funny part is, you already DELETED that post! (at least, i dont see it anymore (EDIT: ive found it, its now un-sticky, so it fall down on the list, but its still there)). Whats the point of giving you FREE feedback? And its only one thing, that you should look at NOW.

But its not worst part. Worst is, that you just gave us NOTHING, not a single explanation, "we are looking forward to do something about that", "thanks for support, we are going to focus on that problem right away after this patch", or even "we disagree, we are not going to change it anytime soon" or just anything.

Ive played many online games so far, and in every single one there is a problem with communication with devs, and players hate about whats devs decissions are. But in this game, ive experienced THE WORST one ever. What else can players do? Create a simulation, statistics for you? Pool with 100k votes vs 0? I dont get it, whats the point? You dont have to agree with us, just give us a reply, whats your opinion and plans about that players gave you.

GustavXIII
07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Dont derail this topic too much into another Atropos nerf thread, there are other threads for this. Even if i have to agree that all Atropos nonsense has to be stopped, the potential to abuse his effect is too great. The funny thing is that even if you nerf Atropos, the problem would still exist but would only look a bit differently, recursion decks would still be very strong.

As for the updates.

Twitch-changes, chat-changes etc. are all nice, but the priorities are "weird".
Everything regarding game-balance, trading system and deck editing is the absolute high priority. Its the engine that draws people to the game and keep them here, you should make sure to implement them sooner than later or you will have a small playerbase. And its unimportant if you can stream your games directly to Twitch then if nobody is there to watch them.

Anyway, good luck for the future and further implementations.

Atum85
07-16-2013, 05:31 PM
How true dooshan. U said only truth there. +1.

p.s. changing subject (necro) for 1 second....are there any news about when precisely the new set will come out? End of July? Begin of August?

DoubleDeck
07-16-2013, 05:58 PM
"Fixed situation that could trigger an empty Mulligan at the start of a duel."

Faaaaaaaan-friggin-tastic!

Shukfir
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
What's happen to Russian and Portuguese localization?

Elementalist.
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Alright..

So when can we finally expect a non-revivable Atropos and Rebalancing of the weak to borderline useless Heroes? Please do not overlook this.

Froidebise
07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
One ressource for nergal. WOHOOO. So instead of seeing people go 4/1/1 in 4 turns, it will now take them 5 ?

This is absolutely game-changing ! What a nice fix !

Ubitards at it again...

shadowqqq
07-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow, took 2~3 months and you give us 2 small balance fixes? Seriously, I don't know what to think of the developers of this game...

Btw, is the patch being deployed today?

Elementalist.
07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I would be far happier if the devs prioritized better what to put in their patches. Compared to all those bug and balance issues, who could care less about social stuff? I do appreciate them but let's face it, people want to play and have fun. To do that you need to 1) avoid giving them Negative Player Experience whether caused by bugs, certain deck combinations or ridiculous amounts of grinding 2) give them more possibilities ie allow more viable heroes than the few ones that most people play 3) fix the top sources of imbalance! There is so much feedback in the forums, it should be an easy task to find which those are. I bet any of your 1500 elo testers could tell you on the spot.

I do not in any way dismiss your commitment - I am glad you are enthusiastic about what you do and the events you organize - but I'm not so sure you understand your player base sometimes.

SpaceElephant
07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi guys!

Thanks for your comments! If you check at the latest Developers Bulletin (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/779574-Developers-Bulletin-3-July-2013), you will see that "How to get a single card" and "Put the same card in multiple decks" are very important priorities for us! Don't forget that we are gamers too, we play the game and we want to have fun as well! ;) Those features are on the table since a long time, we are working on it and we have some very interesting designs about that! But meanwhile, we want to release smaller updates, with smaller features, between the big updates. But that doesn't mean that while we release this update we are not working on other stuff... some stuff can be fixed quickly, some stuff take a lot of time to develop. We also have a very big upcoming expansion on the way. The July feature is not the biggest release of all time, but it's all very interesting stuff that makes the game more social and more complete.

For example, the implementation of Twitch was requested many times by streamers and top players. It allows you to stream without the use of a 3rd party software, that usually costs money. That's good for competitive players who want to stream and comment their duels, and it's good for new players who want to learn hints and strategies. I have tested it, and it works really well! We are very proud of what we've done and we will keep on improving it. It's easy to use for any new player.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, let me know or Aza. But don't worry, it's because we are not releasing features right now that we are not working on it!

See ya on the Battleground!!

Duckbat
07-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I really don't understand why allowing to put same cards in multiple decks is taking so long it should be the easiest thing to change. So the only reason why you haven't done it is you haven't decided if you want to do that yet? Do you really think the players will accept the decision not to allow same cards in multiple decks? It's been demanded since as long as I can remember. It's the only thing we really need aside from trading but I can imagine that will take careful planning and time so just make this simple change to keep us happy for now. :)

Also nice video DanielKurzempa :D

Atum85
07-16-2013, 11:36 PM
SpaceElephant can u tell us when the big update with the next set will show up? I know in the next month(s)....but a bit more accurate?August?

LuziferXYZ
07-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Mhm, sure. I prefer not to know it more accurate. Why? I know the first post will be "Now it is ... and still no patch. ...flame ...flame ...flame"

adsmeister
07-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Relax, guys. The other changes are coming, but new features are harder to implement than simple card nerfs/changes. The game has to be modified on a deeper level, and then there's debugging to be done, to make sure that the new features don't break the game or cause any unforeseen issues. That all takes a surprising amount of time. I'm sure that we won't have to wait much longer, and there's other goodies (like the huge new expansion) on the way too. The devs are working pretty hard, I think. You just don't see what's going on behind the scenes.

DraknoSama
07-17-2013, 07:29 AM
I can't care less who he is. He had no consideration for my opinion, why should I care for his? He almost surely loves to abuse the combo that's why he is trying to avoid the nerf. No player that cares for the health of the game would ever say that a card like Atropos is fine.

I am not saying "respect him cause he is a well known player", I am saying "he probably has played a lot more and knows better" even if you are certain that he is supporting adar/atropos cause he plays a deck with them who would honest to god enjoy playing the same deck 50 times in a row? Not to mention that whenever he matches up against slowpoke it's an instant lose for the adar player most of the time. The only reason I would support an adar/atropos nerf is if it was followed by a removal of tower from the game, slowpoke is a far more annoying opponent any day of the week even with the nerf.

Adderdin
07-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi guys!

Thanks for your comments! If you check at the latest Developers Bulletin (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/779574-Developers-Bulletin-3-July-2013), you will see that "How to get a single card" and "Put the same card in multiple decks" are very important priorities for us! Don't forget that we are gamers too, we play the game and we want to have fun as well! ;) Those features are on the table since a long time, we are working on it and we have some very interesting designs about that! But meanwhile, we want to release smaller updates, with smaller features, between the big updates. But that doesn't mean that while we release this update we are not working on other stuff... some stuff can be fixed quickly, some stuff take a lot of time to develop. We also have a very big upcoming expansion on the way. The July feature is not the biggest release of all time, but it's all very interesting stuff that makes the game more social and more complete.

For example, the implementation of Twitch was requested many times by streamers and top players. It allows you to stream without the use of a 3rd party software, that usually costs money. That's good for competitive players who want to stream and comment their duels, and it's good for new players who want to learn hints and strategies. I have tested it, and it works really well! We are very proud of what we've done and we will keep on improving it. It's easy to use for any new player.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, let me know or Aza. But don't worry, it's because we are not releasing features right now that we are not working on it!

See ya on the Battleground!!

Your excuses are longer than patch notes... we really dont need "more social" stuff in the game, we need fixes for cards, we need cheaper starting decks and reduction in price for the base set packs.
Could you please point out the threads that want more social stuff (from both english and polish forums, its easy to check, threads from last 30 days are on the first page on every part of the forum)? Because I just cant find them, there are few threads and alot of posts about trading cards between players, tons of posts about reverting Siegfried and Kieran nerfs, tons of posts about fixing Haven, tons of posts about fixing Sanctuary, utterly huge pile of posts about bugs in tournaments, people have been asking for using same cards in different decks but for the love of whatever god you belive in I just cant find a thread about additional social stuff in the game. There is even a thread about the annoying randomness of cards in packs, people with 100+ level with less than 2 Pao and 0 Dark Assassin. Getting 4 Garant's Purge and 3 Forbidden Flames along with 2 Silent Death's 2 Songs of The Lost but no other unique spells is annoying. How about you develop a feature that stops players from getting a unique spell they already have, so they could get the unique spells they dont have? That would be a fricking cool feature.

Please dont tell us that changing cards requires time, its fairly easy to change a number from 2 to 3, if it requires anything more than that, you really should change the engine, because its wasting your work hours.

As for streamers... what streamers? Most of them stopped playing the game after the last expansion. Now there are only people who use youtube to post a match or two.

And for the last - FEEL FREE TO TELL US WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON, feel free to inform us about updates a month earlier so that we can prepare for them. And by "inform us about updates" I mean a list of proposed changes.

Cornelis83
07-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Your excuses are longer than patch notes... we really dont need "more social" stuff in the game, we need fixes for cards, we need cheaper starting decks and reduction in price for the base set packs.
Could you please point out the threads that want more social stuff (from both english and polish forums, its easy to check, threads from last 30 days are on the first page on every part of the forum)? Because I just cant find them, there are few threads and alot of posts about trading cards between players, tons of posts about reverting Siegfried and Kieran nerfs, tons of posts about fixing Haven, tons of posts about fixing Sanctuary, utterly huge pile of posts about bugs in tournaments, people have been asking for using same cards in different decks but for the love of whatever god you belive in I just cant find a thread about additional social stuff in the game. There is even a thread about the annoying randomness of cards in packs, people with 100+ level with less than 2 Pao and 0 Dark Assassin. Getting 4 Garant's Purge and 3 Forbidden Flames along with 2 Silent Death's 2 Songs of The Lost but no other unique spells is annoying. How about you develop a feature that stops players from getting a unique spell they already have, so they could get the unique spells they dont have? That would be a fricking cool feature.

Please dont tell us that changing cards requires time, its fairly easy to change a number from 2 to 3, if it requires anything more than that, you really should change the engine, because its wasting your work hours.

As for streamers... what streamers? Most of them stopped playing the game after the last expansion. Now there are only people who use youtube to post a match or two.

And for the last - FEEL FREE TO TELL US WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON, feel free to inform us about updates a month earlier so that we can prepare for them. And by "inform us about updates" I mean a list of proposed changes.

I totally agree with this one.

Cornelis83
07-17-2013, 09:03 AM

I counted 11 banshees total for the enemy player.

Not really that OP, is it?

/end_sarcasm

dooshaan
07-17-2013, 09:54 AM
I totally agree with this one.

Same. If its matter.

Atum85
07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I am not saying "respect him cause he is a well known player", I am saying "he probably has played a lot more and knows better" even if you are certain that he is supporting adar/atropos cause he plays a deck with them who would honest to god enjoy playing the same deck 50 times in a row? Not to mention that whenever he matches up against slowpoke it's an instant lose for the adar player most of the time. The only reason I would support an adar/atropos nerf is if it was followed by a removal of tower from the game, slowpoke is a far more annoying opponent any day of the week even with the nerf.Wow. So slowpoke counter Atropos? And? U think cause a deck is countered by another there is balance in a card like Atropos? What about haven or other underplayed factions then? They are owned by almost any deck out there, is this ok for u? Atropos gets countered by 1 deck...any other can be countered by 10 decks...nice balance. Basically u are saying " play adar+ atropos or play dhamiria slowpoke or just don't play the game". Cool story. I am wonder what are those other factions here for then? We have Necro, a faction in which u can play any hero or strategy u wish cause all of them are pretty strong in a way or another, we have stronghold that has a bit of kelthor/zardoc, we have dhamiria in inferno (other decks are not that competitive) and we have 0 competitive haven deck, maybe wombo-combo sandalphon a little bit only. So, 1 faction can play everything it likes the others HAVE to play the only pseudo-competitive deck they have or just keep sucking. For balance sake, this is not normal or ok at all.

DraknoSama
07-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow. So slowpoke counter Atropos? And? U think cause a deck is countered by another there is balance in a card like Atropos? What about haven or other underplayed factions then? They are owned by almost any deck out there, is this ok for u? Atropos gets countered by 1 deck...any other can be countered by 10 decks...nice balance. Basically u are saying " play adar+ atropos or play dhamiria slowpoke or just don't play the game". Cool story. I am wonder what are those other factions here for then? We have Necro, a faction in which u can play any hero or strategy u wish cause all of them are pretty strong in a way or another, we have stronghold that has a bit of kelthor/zardoc, we have dhamiria in inferno (other decks are not that competitive) and we have 0 competitive haven deck, maybe wombo-combo sandalphon a little bit only. So, 1 faction can play everything it likes the others HAVE to play the only pseudo-competitive deck they have or just keep sucking. For balance sake, this is not normal or ok at all.

It's one thing to say it's countered by one deck type and it's another when it's one of the most common match ups you will run into, it's true that atropos does well against most other decks but most of the time you only run into slowpoke decks, does it really matter if it rapes sanctuary if you never see sanctuary decks? I am with you that something needs to be done about decks with insane show up rate but nerfing just atropos and not slowpoke is odd to me since I have literally seen every faction playing one version of slowpoke or another and all playing the exact same way, if there is one saving grace (albeit a huge one in my books) in atropos it's how unique and well fitted the theme is to necro's playstyle from HoMM VI compared to other factions. As a final thing to mention cause I am sure I will be accused of running atropos since I had the nerve of defending at least some things about him I don't own a single copy of the card, no adar either and I only own 1 banshee that I don't even run.

trupiciel
07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
For example, the implementation of Twitch was requested many times by streamers and top players. It allows you to stream without the use of a 3rd party software, that usually costs money. That's good for competitive players who want to stream and comment their duels, and it's good for new players who want to learn hints and strategies.

It's not necessary at all, and i doubt you could find 5 people who would say otherwise (not connected to Ubisoft :) ). I assume that some of the higher-ups made you waste your time on implementation of twitch only because they wanted to have Road2Paris streamed. And that makes me sad.

Best of luck to you SpaceElephant and rest of the Ubi crew. Best of luck.

Duckbat
07-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Focusing on twitch instead of actual helpful things seems like something the marketing team came up with. They probably don't even play this game because if they did we wouldn't be in this situation.

shadowqqq
07-17-2013, 04:30 PM

Best post in this thread... Ubisoft marketing team is ******ed, focusing on Twitch instead of fixing the problems the community wants. Taking 2 months to change Nergal poison cost/wild spirits from 0 to 1 must be really hard, balancing the other cards should take only 5 months, don't worry guys...

Hantziie
07-17-2013, 06:36 PM
i hope we can get the spectator mode soon. I would like to use it to stream tournaments.

HeroXin
07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
dear DEV why take soooooo extremly long for nerf cards and rebalance pointless cards?

there are sooooooooo many heroes but only under 1/6 have some utility other are useless

atropos clearly need a nerf and heavy maybe on might cost,i dont think negral is soooo extremly strong i play adar and i rarely lose to a nergal specially if i got forbidden flame in hand i autowin against every nergal

getting cards is frustring when you get 7-8-9-10 void keeper and in pit you can trad eonly for embarassing common and common foils

no need nerf heroes...we only need more options for playing different builds.imo .revamp ALL trash heroes

Deom23
07-17-2013, 07:34 PM
I understand why Ubisoft decided to focus on Streaming, Chat, social things, because they really need all of that stuff to be viable in the competitive gaming arena, and to draw more people to the game via streaming etc.

This is however putting the cart in front of the horse like many people have pointed out. They have put themselves into a hard position where they need all of this stuff to be a viable competitive game, but they also need to maintain their player base and make them happy so they stay around long enough to make the social features worth it. Ubisoft really needs to have a dedicated team focused on balance and game design/features that can turn around balance issues in under a month and address the huge problems that the players see.

Players likely will not quit the game because they cant stream Twitch, cant challenge their friends, cant spectate other games, etc , but they will absolutely quit the game if they feel their money is being wasted, the game is unbalanced and takes forever to get adjusted, card distrubution is so appalling that players level 100+ are still missing rares completely. There have been several times that I have nearly thrown in the towel with this game because its infuriating to keep pulling the same stupid rare 5,6,7,8+ times when you still have others you have 0 or 1 of and desperately need to be able to play a deck that you want to play.

If they want this game to be taken seriously as a competitive gaming environment, players need access to cards plain and simple, competition should always be driven by skill rather than luck of pulling certain sets of cards.

Atum85
07-17-2013, 07:41 PM
It's one thing to say it's countered by one deck type and it's another when it's one of the most common match ups you will run into, it's true that atropos does well against most other decks but most of the time you only run into slowpoke decks, does it really matter if it rapes sanctuary if you never see sanctuary decks? I am with you that something needs to be done about decks with insane show up rate but nerfing just atropos and not slowpoke is odd to me since I have literally seen every faction playing one version of slowpoke or another and all playing the exact same way, if there is one saving grace (albeit a huge one in my books) in atropos it's how unique and well fitted the theme is to necro's playstyle from HoMM VI compared to other factions. As a final thing to mention cause I am sure I will be accused of running atropos since I had the nerve of defending at least some things about him I don't own a single copy of the card, no adar either and I only own 1 banshee that I don't even run.First of all, even if it MAY be common to encounter slowpoke, it is surely no way more common than Atropos based decks (that's 1 of the reasons for which everyone is crying about necro being op after all...just read the topics of whiners...80% is about necro decks). Second, the nerf of slowpoke is another question and I never said I am against it...actually slowpoke too could need at least a little nerf but...it's just we talk about Atropos/necro right now...so step by step...they already needed 2 months to make nergal cost 1 instead of 0, if we ask them to nerf Atropos AND Slowpoke in the same time it will take an eternity at least XD. I suggest they start nerfing Atropos and then we start talking about slowpoke maybe.

If they want this game to be taken seriously as a competitive gaming environment, players need access to cards plain and simple, competition should always be driven by skill rather than luck of pulling certain sets of card.+1!!!!

p.s. Plot Twist! I just dropped Adar-malik XD...still...NERF HIM to "non-unique"XD!

Duckbat
07-18-2013, 12:40 AM
http://s22.postimg.org/3qa90djz5/mmdoc_meeting.jpg

SirInsanius
07-19-2013, 09:48 AM
^
|
|

THIS

/thread.

Cerrs
07-19-2013, 01:22 PM
I understand why Ubisoft decided to focus on Streaming, Chat, social things, because they really need all of that stuff to be viable in the competitive gaming arena, and to draw more people to the game via streaming etc.

Funny. This is card game and cards are boring for most people. There are: around 2000 players with ELO 1200+, 700 with 1300+, 17000 with 1001+. Competetive? :D Making game for 700 people who want compete is huge business mistake :P.

M0rw47h
07-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Well I can't wait for mentioned features by SpaceElephant...
However I think fast balance fixes are more important, they can be done fast w/o waiting for other stuff.
Small frequent fixes/patches > bigger stuff

silentbobus
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes balance fixes are comparitively easier than feature enhancements since they are just changing numbers and if they don't work out you can always roll them back. I agree with the listed balance fixes, but I hope they aren't the only ones.

Adderdin
07-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I think the biggest improvement would be putting packs for specific factions, with creatures and spells used only by this faction . Without specific packs for newest expansion because they have to make money somewhere.

For example

Basic set specific pack - 8 cards, 5 common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare or epic for 18500 gold
First Expansion - 8 cards, 5 common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare or epic for 22500 gold

Current newest expansion not available in faction specific packs.

Froidebise
07-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Blizzard tried the "social" strategy too; It killed them. For good.

Ubisoft already has one of the worst reputation in the gaming world and DoC will just be one more proof of that.

silentbobus
07-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Blizzard tried the "social" strategy too; It killed them. For good.

Ubisoft already has one of the worst reputation in the gaming world and DoC will just be one more proof of that.

Ummm... Blizzard killed for good? What? I think I would have heard about this.

Frrfrr
07-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Funny. This is card game and cards are boring for most people. There are: around 2000 players with ELO 1200+, 700 with 1300+, 17000 with 1001+. Competetive? :D Making game for 700 people who want compete is huge business mistake :P.
They should hire economist first who will expain them economy of size
i think asking +50 EUR per edition in current gaming industry and still you get only fraction of the edition + need trilion of grind is stupid
all my personal friends already left except one. I am hardcore compared to them but once i get less time for grind it will mean game over for me as well

Froidebise
07-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Ummm... Blizzard killed for good? What? I think I would have heard about this.

SC2 barely manages to keep up, D3 was the absolute laughingstock of the gaming world. Need I say more ?

Adderdin
07-20-2013, 11:58 AM
SC2 barely manages to keep up, D3 was the absolute laughingstock of the gaming world. Need I say more ?

I'm sorry but if you want to whine about Blizzard please go to any other forum that is owned by Blizzard and dont drag this off topic anymore.

Morkje
07-22-2013, 03:04 PM

Not sure if this video shows how bonkers Recurring Atropos is, or how insane it is Nergal actually almost wins.
I think Nergal player could have won actually, but only watched it once and a half so far.

The first time Atropos is killed with Banshee I consider it a mistake.Could have deployed 2 creatures and move the Lingering Souls away from Atropos and keep the Banshee to kill a blocker the next turn.
You know you lose the attrition war in the long run, so better to take an agro route.

soldack
07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Not sure if this video shows how bonkers Recurring Atropos is, or how insane it is Nergal actually almost wins.
I think Nergal player could have won actually, but only watched it once and a half so far.

The first time Atropos is killed with Banshee I consider it a mistake.Could have deployed 2 creatures and move the Lingering Souls away from Atropos and keep the Banshee to kill a blocker the next turn.
You know you lose the attrition war in the long run, so better to take an agro route.
Banshee needs a nerf.

Mis02
07-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Banshee Athropos Decay Spitters Fortunes which bring Atrophos and Banshee to Life, and Necro will be Balanced

flycheung
07-24-2013, 12:07 PM
A quick and dirty way to implement "how to get single card": Inferno Pit.

1. Reduce the cost or increase the % to 20~30. Getting one rare card need 20k gold which is likely to be around 200 cards for any regular and unfortunate joe like me.. Seriously?
2. Shorten the card refresh time from 8 hours to 4~6 hours.
3. In Daily reward, give out x numbers of "empty" EPIC cards, think of it as a epic card placebo, it serve no purpose in deck other than sac these placebo cards in inferno pit.

anaaliaasi
07-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Nergal nerf was useless.. nowadays it wasnt OP anymore in my opinion. Now there is herald of the void so why dont u wake up Haven alive and put kieran/siegfried where they was? That event nerf was so stupid!! now u kill so many decks! there was few sanctuary and after fewer. only otk sanc. i have to ask: do u even know what ure doing there?

and look Dhamiria spellschool/skill.. omg and u nerf nergal. (im no nergal player)...

You kill 1 race at the time (haven & sanctuary atm) but u wont resurrect them even after the new series came up.. thats bad. next necro? then we play only inferno vs stronghold. comon. u dont have to make final nerfs u can always resurrect them and see few weeks how it works again. thank.

KingSp00n
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM

+1
Don't have to add anything to this.
Devs please take note.

dorinmihai
07-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Nergal nerf was useless.. nowadays it wasnt OP anymore in my opinion. Now there is herald of the void so why dont u wake up Haven alive and put kieran/siegfried where they was? That event nerf was so stupid!! now u kill so many decks! there was few sanctuary and after fewer. only otk sanc. i have to ask: do u even know what ure doing there?

and look Dhamiria spellschool/skill.. omg and u nerf nergal. (im no nergal player).

And this is why I never spent a real cent ever for gaming. It was fun casual playing this (no tournament or smth) from almost the beginning, at the moment having 2 decent decks. One of them is Nergal, not the over the top full pao, banshee, spitters, atropos stuff, but decent. So when the ****ty Purity appeared I thought, ok, it's still good, Nergal still has the early edge. But now, I think devs just want everybody to play Inferno rush.

So dear devs, go buy yourselves some nice inferno decks and packs, and play till you get bored. Then perhaps rebalance **** and send me a mail to come back.

NLK_Argi
07-24-2013, 07:23 PM
They did it, they actually did it.

Week of the wild spirits is 1 to activate.
Week of the tamed spirits is always active.

This is hilarious, did they even think about what they were doing while making these 'balance' changes?
Goodbye magic creatures.

Hantziie
07-24-2013, 07:51 PM
They did it, they actually did it.

Week of the wild spirits is 1 to activate.
Week of the tamed spirits is always active.

This is hilarious, did they even think about what they were doing while making these 'balance' changes?
Goodbye magic creatures.

People will stop to play Tamed Spirits.

But seriously i hated the Wild Spirits nerf...

Shukfir
07-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh, guys, you say so like they totally removed "Wild spirits" from the game. 1 coin is expensive only on first turns. But later it cost almost anything.

Atisdai
07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I said my piece in other threads, but it is seriously disappointing that priorities in the game are completely wrong right now.
And that we don't get any information outside of "We test stuff."

NLK_Argi
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh, guys, you say so like they totally removed "Wild spirits" from the game. 1 coin is expensive only on first turns. But later it cost almost anything.

Meanwhile Tamed Spirit costs almost nothing -1.

Froidebise
07-24-2013, 10:21 PM

and look Dhamiria spellschool/skill.. omg and u nerf nergal. (im no nergal player)...

You kill 1 race at the time (haven & sanctuary atm) but u wont resurrect them even after the new series came up.. thats bad. next necro? then we play only inferno vs stronghold. comon. u dont have to make final nerfs u can always resurrect them and see few weeks how it works again. thank.

Sniff sniff. I smell some sewer scum who thought he was good playing sieg/kieran before, switched to nergal and now cries bloody murder that all his OP garbage decks don't work :)

Back to ELO 1 for you and all your kind. Cya.

spidi8666
07-24-2013, 11:42 PM
so after so much waiting we get nothing. Only nerfed down nergal which is only op against inferno due to their low hp (the nerf added doesn't make much difference anyway, maybe in round 2). Decay spitter is as op as he was, might of nature is still as bad as it was. All that was added is some crap options which we hardly ever need. Spectator added but you cant use it *_* . Attrops should be nerfed as well, keep his abilities but should cost a lot more. 2 positives from this updates are the black screen fixes and 1 little nerf down.

Sosbagen
07-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Notice how after the patch went into effect the infernal pit card was a premium Week of the Tamed Spirits. That's cruel :(

DarkAutist666
07-25-2013, 03:01 AM
First, go to the Twitch tab in the Options Menu.

Well, mb Im doing something wrong, but..

http://puu.sh/3L3yJ.jpg

Irgy_
07-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Fixed situation that could trigger an empty Mulligan at the start of a duel.

If this is the bug I think it is, the one that happens to me (and as far as I can tell everyone else) on both platforms one in every 10 duels or so, then I'm very happy. This is the one most important thing that needed fixing, I for one don't mind what other things were prioritised as long as this is fixed.

anaaliaasi
07-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Sniff sniff. I smell some sewer scum who thought he was good playing sieg/kieran before, switched to nergal and now cries bloody murder that all his OP garbage decks don't work :)

Back to ELO 1 for you and all your kind. Cya.

hah moron. think if u have brain... and no i didnt play haven at all and like i said i dont play nergal its boooring.. if u cant post decent replys shut it. have fun there elo1.

spidi8666
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Idk m8, it works for me ;p I got twitch tab.

ArcaneAzmadi
07-26-2013, 05:36 AM
Wow. Only patch in MONTHS and it's pathetic.

Only 2 balance changes despite Necro OP making the game basically unplayable at the moment. Week of Wild Spirits nerf more likely to hurt Inferno and Sanctuary than Necro. General power of Necro (their ABSURD selection of undercosted, overpowered creatures) completely untouched.

Only a handful of bug fixes. Seria's Legion will still apparently crash the game if you try to play it, despite the issue being reported months ago.

Well done Ubisoft. You genuinely DON'T give a Flying Philadelphia F*** about this game, do you?

Pjovejas
07-26-2013, 06:23 AM
The worst thing that this "patch" brought it's own bugs. For example that with week of austerity...

yingwa
07-27-2013, 11:27 PM

l got the same problem, l reinstalled again and again....
guess what? nothing changed!

Hantziie
08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm very disappointed with this patch... In my opinion and experience, nergal didn't even felt the nerf, it's still rocking with those symbiotic monsters and spells, the same can be said to Ariana and Adar Malik... Sanctuary was the most injured in this poor nerf selection. Now the only viable sanctuary deck is Avalanche Lock and still... I've already faced many decks with Tamed Spirits, so i think people won't remove them.

This game is losing all the fun i had in the beggining...