PDA

View Full Version : New Demo Impression

catkiller97
07-14-2013, 03:10 PM
At Ubisoft's holiday press event in New York City yesterday, game director Ashraf Ismail was on hand to show off "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag," as well as answer some questions.

"The version of the game I saw (unfortunately, it was a totally hands off demo) was running off a PC, but was told it was running off a high end machine."

Demo Impression - http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/07/13/assassins-creed-4-preview/

x___Luffy___x
07-14-2013, 04:18 PM
nice to know. it looked awesome.
i ll be playing it on a pc :D

pacmanate
07-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Why is now we have next gen everythings shown on PC? I dont get it.

dxsxhxcx
07-14-2013, 05:08 PM

I believe this way they don't need to do whatever they need to do for the demo to be compatible with the consoles, sparing time and resources..

pacmanate
07-14-2013, 05:19 PM
I believe this way they don't need to do whatever they need to do for the demo to be compatible with the consoles, sparing time and resources..

Yeah but all this "Close to spec" crap. Its annoying me now, they need to stop overshooting by loads. And UNDER shoot. I know that makes no sense when showcasing your game, but at least you arent false advertising. I would rather have something look better when I buy it and be surprised.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Well the console isn't exactly freely available at the moment, but the will look the same and because devkits are PCs.

EDIT: And no not everything has been shown on PC.

Mr_Shade
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Well the console isn't exactly freely available at the moment, but the will look the same and because devkits are PCs.

EDIT: And no not everything has been shown on PC.
indeed.

if it's said that a demo is running on a Console Devkit - it should be pretty much identical, to the final console release.

Hopefully no one is under the impression that a top of the range PC - will look the same as the consoles - since PC hardware may be a lot different.

lothario-da-be
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't realy believe they wanted to make a pirate game for years.

SixKeys
07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't realy believe they wanted to make a pirate game for years. I do. They just decided to rename it AC4. From now on they'll be able to do practically anything they want with history and label it Assassin's Creed for better sales.

ArabianFrost
07-15-2013, 12:09 AM
I do. They just decided to rename it AC4. From now on they'll be able to do practically anything they want with history and label it Assassin's Creed for better sales.

Well, AC IS a history game, so it's perfectly liable. I also imagine Ubisoft wouldn't start a 100 historical IPs each time they want to make a historical game :l

SixKeys
07-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Looking forward to Assassin's Creed V: Amsterdam 1666! ;)

ProletariatPleb
07-15-2013, 12:14 AM

SixKeys
07-15-2013, 12:15 AM
...................... You know it's going to happen.

ArabianFrost
07-15-2013, 12:21 AM
You know it's going to happen.

Nah. I'd say AC6. Maiming 1666 to the extent of an AC needs some time.

Seriously though, this would be beyond low. Ubisoft knows people would be watching them and would expect it. PR suicide by all means. I'd personally boycott the game. Shame, I always wanted another AC or pretty much any other historical game in Europe, esepcially The Netherlands (Amsterdam is beautiful), Germany or France. Too bad 1666 came in the way. Now the devs of AC can't make it (the rep would be too bad), nor can Patrice make it as well. Everyone's a loser at times like this.

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, AC IS a history game, so it's perfectly liable. I also imagine Ubisoft wouldn't start a 100 historical IPs each time they want to make a historical game :l

I agree but IMO in this case a new IP would've been better, I can't help but think that the true potential this feature had won't be achieved because it's part of an AC game...

ArabianFrost
07-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I agree but IMO in this case a new IP would've been better, I can't help but think that the true potential this feature had won't be achieved because it's part of an AC game...

You have to think of the advantages as well. Imagine if this wasn't an AC game. Do you think Havana and the other cities would be as explorable or explorable at all? It would be mainly a sailing game that would become boring quickly. The AC core ensures diversity of gameplay, so I honestly think the pirate idea benefited from the AC cores far more than it was disadvantaged by.

Megas_Doux
07-15-2013, 12:57 AM

The Kingdom of Netherlands was a huge deal in Europe back then! Only behind Spain in terms of prosperity and power, I guess.

Definitely a setting worth experiencing!

Spider_Sith9
07-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Well, AC IS a history game, so it's perfectly liable. I also imagine Ubisoft wouldn't start a 100 historical IPs each time they want to make a historical game :l Yet they don't want to go into an age where there's automatic firearms...

Looking forward to Assassin's Creed V: Amsterdam 1666! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

It's pretty obvious this will happen. Alot of suggestions of it here while it's being the lack known unpredictable setting I and others can think off. I still want Connor/London/China/Japan/Modern. Sucks they did this to Patrice though. Also hate the fact that AC seems to be stuck in Europe alot. America people hated and now we are stuck in SOUTH America.

Megas_Doux
07-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Also hate the fact that AC seems to be stuck in Europe alot. America people hated and now we are stuck in SOUTH America..

South America?

When?????

Aside from one of the modern AC3 missions, of course.

BTW, I do not get, you claim than AC seems to be "stuck" in Europe, which I can agree to certain extent, yet you ask for London?

Spider_Sith9
07-15-2013, 12:42 PM
South America?

When?????

Aside from one of the modern AC3 missions, of course.

BTW, I do not get, you claim than AC seems to be "stuck" in Europe, which I can agree to certain extent, yet you ask for London?

West Indies is near South America I meant.

Also, alot of people on GameFAQs believe that Europe is the ones with a global impact (usually in the Japanese topic) hence why people want ones around those sections of the world. And yes, I realize the irony on London. :P

ProletariatPleb
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Also hate the fact that AC seems to be stuck in Europe alot. America people hated and now we are stuck in SOUTH America.
But Europe is nice! America was pretty boring and bland...and unfit for climbing game. Asia could be nice too.

Assassin_M
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
America was pretty
DA TRUTH is revealed first when spoken..

ProletariatPleb
07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
DA TRUTH is revealed first when spoken..
http://i.minus.com/i1FnK6OLKimWw.jpg