PDA

View Full Version : AC4 should have a Jack Sparrow easter egg

KrYpToNiC95
07-14-2013, 08:53 AM
It crossed my mind that it wouldn't be difficult for the devs just to add a character model of Jack Sparrow in the game. I could imagine walking in Nassau and just having an NPC that looks like Jack walking around. He doesn't have to be interactive but I think it would be funny and cool at the same time if we could see him walking around casually in the streets. Maybe even a costume but I guess that's pushing the boundaries a bit,

TheDanteEX
07-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Not after stating they're working hard to get away from pirate themes such as those shown in Pirates of the Carribbean and I don't think Disney would be okay with it.

JamJar502
07-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Not to mention they'd need to buddy up with Disney and fork out potentially millions for the license to use a Jack Sparrow character model.

KrYpToNiC95
07-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Not to mention they'd need to buddy up with Disney and fork out potentially millions for the license to use a Jack Sparrow character model.

I was actually going to mention that in my post. It would cost a tonne of cash to get the rights for it

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Well it has to be an easter egg, you don't need money for a reference...make an assassination contract for killing a guy called Jack Parrot, make him run like sparrow.

KrYpToNiC95
07-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Well it has to be an easter egg, you don't need money for a reference...make an assassination contract for killing a guy called Jack Parrot, make him run like sparrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm in tears

pacmanate
07-14-2013, 12:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm in tears

Dont cry :(

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Dont cry :(
http://i.minus.com/isvkpekA1PDub.jpg

Locopells
07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
As long as it doesn't look like Johnny Depp, they could probably get away with it, claiming the similarity in dress is down to the period...

Sure they wanna make this authentic, but they gotta have some fun with it...

Ureh
07-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah that'd be pretty neat if we saw some humorous stuff strewn across the world. Dead person with dozens of empty bottles. Sunken ship with people playing cards. I'm sure they can think of better ideas.

Wolfmeister1010
07-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Mr Faulkner in ac3 was voiced and took his appearance from the guy who played Gibbs in pirates of the Caribbean. I'm sure ubisoft could work something out,

rileypoole1234
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM
They could put the Black Pearl in the game and have Sparrow's flag be on it.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
They could put the Black Pearl in the game and have Sparrow's flag be on it.
Well idk about Pearl, but Flying Duthman is a 'real myth'

rileypoole1234
07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Well idk about Pearl, but Flying Duthman is a 'real myth'

True but if they want a reference specific to Sparrow himself they could put the Pearl in it and make mention of its "captain" that never seems to actually be captain of the ship.

Lass4r
07-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Mr Faulkner in ac3 was voiced and took his appearance from the guy who played Gibbs in pirates of the Caribbean. I'm sure ubisoft could work something out,What?! are you saying the actor who plated Gibbs and Faulkner are the same? Thats kinda awesome...

Crouching.Tiger
07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
While there is bound to be some references to well known pirate fiction, I think eventual cameos and the like, especially concerning over-the-top works such as Monkey Island and Pirates of the Caribbean, should be mean-spirited handled brutallyto limit the risks of any cheesiness that might occur otherwise. To just drop a line from the movie or make another lame joke has the comical subtlety, unpredictability, novelty and self-awareness of my boss when he's got a few drinks to many at the company party and decides that now is a good time to tell some dirty jokes to female co-workers. I'd like to see a hanged and tarred Jack Sparrow, or a drowned Guybrush Threepwood (not that I have anything against any of those two or their franchises) bound to an idol on the ocean floor. I also hope that Edward can hold his breath for ten minutes.

SixKeys
07-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Meh, Easter eggs are only funny when they're not forced. Usually they're something the devs genuinely enjoy, like the Kraken in AC2. I wouldn't want them to feel compelled to reference something just because everybody's expecting them to.

Ureh
07-15-2013, 06:02 AM
What?! are you saying the actor who plated Gibbs and Faulkner are the same? Thats kinda awesome...

Indeed, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573618/

Actors are so talented! Even the "little" performances shouldn't be underestimated.

Gi1t
07-15-2013, 06:04 AM
"Templars, you will always remember this as the day you ALMOST caught Edward Kenway." XD

KrYpToNiC95
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Templar: Captain Kenway, you are without a doubt the worst pirate I have ever heard of

Edward: But you have heard of me

itsamea-mario
07-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Fable 2 had a jack sparrow easter egg, in bloodstone.

Bashilir
07-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Templar: Captain Kenway, you are without a doubt the worst pirate I have ever heard of

Edward: But you have heard of me

That would probably be something they did. Somewhere in the game, maybe a sidequest, they would do that. That way, it doesn't seem "forced" like SixKeys said. It'll be really subtle too.

Elebro2011
07-15-2013, 06:38 PM
i just noticed that, the voice actor of Mr. Faulkner Kevin McNally actually does look like Mr.Faulkner. At least for me lol

Locopells
07-15-2013, 07:09 PM
That's kind the point, as he played Gibbs in PotC...

Jureck0
07-15-2013, 09:52 PM
And what about Kraken? In my opinion it is good idea.

Escappa
07-15-2013, 11:12 PM
It would be awesome if you could find a very small island that isn't on the map, with a chest on it, and a beating heart inside...

Ureh
07-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Maybe a crocodile with a ticking sound from within... maybe even a whale with a person stuck on the embedded harpoons.

Gi1t
07-15-2013, 11:49 PM
And what about Kraken? In my opinion it is good idea.

Oh yeah, any good seafaring game ought to have a Kraken.

itsamea-mario
07-16-2013, 02:53 PM
What if the plot of the game is that Edward along with a young blacksmith who is actually the son of a pirate friend of Ed's and a governors daughter have to put a stop to a crew of undead pirates who were cursed by Aztec gold?

Crouching.Tiger
07-16-2013, 11:12 PM
That would probably be something they did. Somewhere in the game, maybe a sidequest, they would do that. That way, it doesn't seem "forced" like SixKeys said. It'll be really subtle too.

That's exactly what I mean by lazy, lame and cheesy attempts on getting a few easy giggles out of some teenagers. I think it's very much forced and that's the stuff they should avoid. "It's a-me, Mario" worked in Assassin's Creed II because it was short and relevant to the story. The cardbox in Brotherhood is on the line but still worked, because there wasn't much attention drawn to in so it was easy to miss, which is pretty much impossible when it comes to dialogue. There are of course other references, mostly in mission names, that can easily be done without being cheesy. There they can have "Do you fear death?" or whatever quote from whatever movie. The Princess Bride is a good choice.

Jexx21
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
The Witcher 2 featured a dead Altair on top of a hay cart.

Black Flag could have a dead Jack Sparrow.