PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Shooter...?

ladyleonhart
07-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Some people seem to think AC will become a shooter... I don't really see that happening... but I could be wrong. ^^' Of course, like many of you, I really hope it doesn't come to that. :( Maybe we do need to make sure the developers know... [Edit: Poll added]

Anyway, I wanted to know why people thought this would happen and I found an article titled:

'You Can Play Assassin's Creed of the Future. With Guns. Sort Of.'

Well... here are the pictures:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ecr9f3invydjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news-700/Assassin-s-Creed-themed-Items-Now-Available-in-Ghost-Recon-Online-as-DLC.jpg

Then, I guess I can understand where people might have got the idea from, but rest assured. This is part of a DLC pack for Ghost Recon Online. NOT Assassin's Creed. Hopefully then, since they have played around with the idea they shouldn't need to make it part of AC. Here's hoping, anyway. ^_~

Source: Plunkett, Luke (2013) 'You Can Play Assassin's Creed of the Future. With Guns. Sort of, Kotaku.com.
Available at: http://kotaku.com/5983520/you-can-play-assassins-creed-of-the-future-with-guns-sort-of

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I think people think this will happen because the series keeps moving forward in time. A lot of people also want a modern AC game, but to me if there is no Animus, there is no AC, just my opinion. AC doesn't need to be a shooter, it never will be a shooter.

ladyleonhart
07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
... A lot of people also want a modern AC game, but to me if there is no Animus, there is no AC, just my opinion. AC doesn't need to be a shooter, it never will be a shooter.

I agree with you! xD As for a modern AC game, AC is already set in the present and the Animus allows us access to the past. It is how AC started out and, personally, I think it should stay that way. I know lots of people hated Desmond, but if they had handled it better, we could have the modernity some people crave i.e. I think people would've liked Desmond more if they allowed him to progress into becoming an assassin, like Ezio and Connor, and also giving us missions in the present that require the skills of an assassin. If you know what I mean. ^_~ Then I guess they didn't really link the past and present together enough for some people, and the outcome, of course, was that they thought it would be easier just to kill him off. ^^' Oh well...

Mr_Shade
07-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Ubisoft 'cross overs' happen.. just because you see it in another game - where it kinda makes sense - does not mean they will shoe horn it into a game where it may not..

Ghost Recon is a completely different game, but the outfit - for the sniper - does 'work' - so why not?

:)

I don't think people should be concerned..

x___Luffy___x
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
im pretty sure an AC shooter is not gonna happen.

ProletariatPleb
07-12-2013, 01:20 PM
0_0 blashphemous idea, throw it out of your mind!

Spider_Sith9
07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Personally, I think Modern Day needs a larger portion in the games. Everyone doesn't want modern or post-90 AC games for the sake of automatic firearms and I find that stupid. Pretty much was the reason the Abstergo Mission was so bad because they had to conform to gamers request. Same goes for a Japanese AC. Just mindless shooting and GTA copying.

Like Ladyleonhart said. They just need to put time in it. After all down to it's core, AC with an Animus is just that. You have the Animus and Reality. Persona does Reality and Dungeons. SR4 is doing the Simulation and Reality. Why is AC turning away from this? Modern day is a key aspect but they reduced it to being a mere Expanded Universe section.

People's wishes to it being purely historical came true.

Moultonborough
07-12-2013, 01:24 PM
No, it won't become a shooter by any means. Or a fully Modern story either. I think Watch Dogs kinda took that idea over.

Ureh
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
We have Splinter Cell for stealth shooting and stuff, etc.

poptartz20
07-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Oh.. Oh no. I think that this generation has been plagued with enough shooters we don't need one of the last few successful series becoming one as well.

what a terrible Idea. : /

Shahkulu101
07-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Not for its entirety and certainly not in the historical segment. I wouldn't mind it in the modern-day but the development time would be somewhat wasted on an element of the story not even half the hardcore fans give a hoot(damn your overzealous censoring) about.

I-Like-Pie45
07-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Good god, so not only Far Cry and Watch Dogs... but Ghost Recon is also in the AC universe? :p

Kagurra
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I think people think this will happen because the series keeps moving forward in time. A lot of people also want a modern AC game, but to me if there is no Animus, there is no AC, just my opinion. AC doesn't need to be a shooter, it never will be a shooter.

But AC has just moved backwards in the timeline for the first time in the main game series. (I haven't played the DS and whatever other side games there are, so I couldn't say) At this point they've already crossed that boundary and now they can go anywhere, forward or back, instead of just forward.

ze_topazio
07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Why do people always think that a modern or futuristic AC will take place in the middle of a war?

Sushiglutton
07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Since we are getting an AC game/year I really don't have a problem with some experimental stuff. However a shooter is the least interesting direction imo as there are so many of them. I like the franchise crossover thing Ubi is doing. It creates those "OMFG this can't be"-kind of moments.

Spider_Sith9
07-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I personally would like a Modern AC game where you can do anything. Pipes/Firearms/Swimming/Beaches/Motorcycles/Skateboards. As well as the typical AC fare. But fans and Ubi alike do not want it for the stupid Guns and GTA rule.

silvermercy
07-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Maybe as a DLC. I'm always up for experimenting with caution.

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Ubisoft 'cross overs' happen.. just because you see it in another game - where it kinda makes sense - does not mean they will shoe horn it into a game where it may not..

Ghost Recon is a completely different game, but the outfit - for the sniper - does 'work' - so why not?

:)

I don't think people should be concerned..

I do agree with you! xD

The fact is, I started this thread because people do seem to be concerned about this. I made a thread about ACIV and innocently commented:

I believe they are trying really hard with ACIV though and I don't think people should mock something before they try it. Then maybe everyone should "expect the unexpected"! :) Also, I think you get more out of something if you enjoy it for what it is! xD

And this is the response I got [posted from thread: 'What we want from ACIV and what we can expect ^_~']

I want to see you repeat this if/when they decide to turn AC into a shooter... :p

They turned ACIV into a Pirate Ship Simulator for the most part. What is to stop them from turning it into a shooter? It wouldn't shock me nor surprise me, given what they have done with ACIV

They would find a way to justify it if it ever came to that.

"We just really felt like the time was right to tell the story of John Smith, an American assassin in World War 2. The Nazis-- I mean, Templars, have gotten their hands on a powerful artifact and it's up to John to save the world. Don't worry, stealth is still there. His gun has a silencer, after all."

this is what I tried to say with "shooter", they visiting settings where guns become a necessity instead of a luxury... it's clear for me that Ubisoft will milk this franchise all they can before they bury it so I can see them going to overused and "core (mechanics) breaking" settings in the near future

Assassin_M
07-13-2013, 01:24 PM
To the one who voted yes...

I have your cat....give yourself up

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 01:27 PM
^ Agreed. To whoever voted Yes, leave.

SaintPerkele
07-13-2013, 01:45 PM
We have Splinter Cell for stealth shooting and stuff, etc.

http://loveisover.me/foolfuuka/boards/v/image/1367/55/1367550229144.gif

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Call of Fisher: Milking Ops

Ureh
07-13-2013, 02:23 PM
@SaintPerkele What's wrong with that? They're improving all aspects of the game. The game allows most playstyles, if you want to be a ghost and/or play old fashioned stealth you can do that too.

x___Luffy___x
07-13-2013, 02:26 PM
too many shooters out there. AC should nt be one too.
and well i dont like splinter cell games.

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 02:49 PM
@SaintPerkele What's wrong with that? They're improving all aspects of the game. The game allows most playstyles, if you want to be a ghost and/or play old fashioned stealth you can do that too.
because it's was a stealth game before it went to the typical Ubi route of 'let's make this game action casual'

And no I it won't allow all playstyles, I like sneaking through without being seen or avoiding contact, Conviction had sections where you had to kill everyone to unlock the next area or complete the objective. Don't buy into marketing buzzwords "All playstyles"

Ureh
07-13-2013, 03:02 PM
As long as most of the game lets you play the way you want it shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope right? Besides I didn't use the word "all", it was 'most'. :P

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 03:09 PM
As long as most of the game lets you play the way you want it shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope right? Besides I didn't use the word "all", it was 'most'. :P
Well I did specifically state those are marketing words, not yours :p

And about that.... except it doesn't, it's built around casual **** like takedowns and possibly their stupidly named precision shooting mechanic. Even the perfectionist difficulty doesn't seem like the thing I liked from the first 3 SC games.

http://files.sharenator.com/think_about_it_This_makes_me_sad_s898x348_181367_5 80-s580x224-184021.jpg

We will never get another proper Splinter Cell game or an R6 game or an actual Ghost Recon game.

Ureh
07-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah with Ironside gone it's all over... All over!

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah with Ironside gone it's all over... All over!
Well Ironside was iconic for sure, but it's not a complaint for me atleast.

SaintPerkele
07-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Some games are just not made for all playstyles. The all-playstyles thing is something that got pushed into the gaming industry in recent years just to cater to a wider audience.. If RPGs offer a variety of playstyles, that's perfectly fine. But if games that used to be stealthy suddenly offer the possibility to go full berserk, that kind of ruins the point of a game.
Also, much too often (see Assassin's Creed or Dishonored) stealth gameplay is much more fun, but much harder too - that way, most players take the easy route.

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Some games are just not made for all playstyles. The all-playstyles thing is something that got pushed into the gaming industry in recent years just to cater to a wider audience.. If RPGs offer a variety of playstyles, that's perfectly fine. But if games that used to be stealthy suddenly offer the possibility to go full berserk, that kind of ruins the point of a game.
Also, much too often (see Assassin's Creed or Dishonored) stealth gameplay is much more fun, but much harder too - that way, most players take the easy route.
Let me hug you.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM

I see you guys still don't know all the tricks of this forum ;)...

The posters voting no are:

ABENGALHOBO, Assassin_M, Bashilir, Brostok, captin_qwark7, dxsxhxcx, Ferrith, harpreettiwana, Jureck0, Kagurra, Kaschra, ladyleonhart, lasha7716, luckyto, Moultonborough, Mr_Shade, pacmanate, poptartz20, sidspyker24, Sushiglutton, Ureh, Wolfmeister1010

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 04:45 PM

Have mercy on that poor soul.

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I see you guys still don't know all the tricks of this forum ;)...

The posters voting no are:

ABENGALHOBO, Assassin_M, Bashilir, Brostok, captin_qwark7, dxsxhxcx, Ferrith, harpreettiwana, Jureck0, Kagurra, Kaschra, ladyleonhart, lasha7716, luckyto, Moultonborough, Mr_Shade, pacmanate, poptartz20, sidspyker24, Sushiglutton, Ureh, Wolfmeister1010

Tell us, WHO VOTED YES. WE SHALL BRING THEM DOWN WITH FIRE!!!

Sushiglutton
07-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Have mercy on that poor soul.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/attachments/f13/46503d1340350842-custom-engraved-toilet-seat-t219721_fry_i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Tell us, WHO VOTED YES. WE SHALL BRING THEM DOWN WITH FIRE!!!

No way, it's a very nice poster who just isn't as conservative as the rest of us :p

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/attachments/f13/46503d1340350842-custom-engraved-toilet-seat-t219721_fry_i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg
There is a somewhat subtle hint there, lol

EDIT, also http://i.minus.com/i1FnK6OLKimWw.jpg

TheHumanTowel
07-13-2013, 05:02 PM
People who want a fully modern assassins creed game don't understand Assassin's Creed. The entire premise of the series is exploring history through the animus. Without that it isn't Assassin's Creed. #IAmInfallible

lol nice to see Shade giving the no camp his vote of confidence as well.

ze_topazio
07-13-2013, 05:04 PM
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a modern AC game, with guns as one of the primary weapons?

Voters

Yes, why not?
1 4.35%
silvermercy

No, it would not be an AC game.
22 95.65%
ABENGALHOBO,
Assassin_M,
Bashilir,
Brostok,
captin_qwark7,
dxsxhxcx,
Ferrith,
harpreettiwana,
Jureck0,
Kagurra,
Kaschra,
ladyleonhart,
lasha7716,
luckyto,
Moultonborough,
Mr_Shade,
pacmanate,
poptartz20,
sidspyker24,
Sushiglutton,
Ureh,
Wolfmeister1010

http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/2z7exox.png

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/2z7exox.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcvmrdCSiP1r0hfj1.gif

silvermercy
07-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Bloody hell! I thought I voted no. O_O
WHUT?

I don't have a cat, but bring back my cat M!!

PS: But I would vote YES for a DLC. :cool:

*ducks to avoid fire*

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Bloody hell! I thought I voted no. O_O
WHUT?

I don't have a cat, but bring back my cat M!!

PS: But I would vote YES for a DLC. :cool:

*ducks to avoid fire*

Fire? YOU GET THAT IN SHOOTERS. KILL!!!

Ureh
07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
It was an accident, I meant to vote yes.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 12:39 AM
It was an accident, I meant to vote yes.
http://i.minus.com/i9im2DhOWjNDI.jpg