PDA

View Full Version : Last minute bug challenge- Yay!

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Okay, sorry about the inane title /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

This is nice and easy.

Challenge #1

set up at low altitude.

2) Belly land the plane on solid ground WITH the undercarrige down. Aim for about 360 ish km/h to give it a really good prang and thoroughly trash the landing gear.

Observe.

Have all the wheel covers been stripped off the plane as it slides to a stop? I cannot for the life off me get the tyre covers and the outer section of the gear covers to break off. Odd?

Challenge #2

1) Hop into a Ki-84 in QMB.

2) Get about 550-600 km/m speed up. Then lower the undercarrige. Note how the plane yaws from side to side as the gear is torn away. If the gear does not break off give it a couple of spins to shake it loose.

3) Continue to fly, try to maintain at least 400 km/h speed. Does the plane continue to kick from side to side like when the gear broke away? It does for me.... I seems as if the game seems to think the gear is still there and keeps trying to snap it off.

Only a couple of small points, but would be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce the effect.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Okay, sorry about the inane title /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

This is nice and easy.

Challenge #1

set up at low altitude.

2) Belly land the plane on solid ground WITH the undercarrige down. Aim for about 360 ish km/h to give it a really good prang and thoroughly trash the landing gear.

Observe.

Have all the wheel covers been stripped off the plane as it slides to a stop? I cannot for the life off me get the tyre covers and the outer section of the gear covers to break off. Odd?

Challenge #2

1) Hop into a Ki-84 in QMB.

2) Get about 550-600 km/m speed up. Then lower the undercarrige. Note how the plane yaws from side to side as the gear is torn away. If the gear does not break off give it a couple of spins to shake it loose.

3) Continue to fly, try to maintain at least 400 km/h speed. Does the plane continue to kick from side to side like when the gear broke away? It does for me.... I seems as if the game seems to think the gear is still there and keeps trying to snap it off.

Only a couple of small points, but would be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce the effect.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall