PDA

View Full Version : Been liking this game...

Shadestriker
07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
but i hafta tell a story mostly to vent and to see what people say about it...

so i started abo 2 months ago on a server that already shut down. im guessing they put me there so i could learn the game then start over with what ik, which i like... but now that im here on the new server, i was at first excited bc id finally be able to compete with others, but then i quickly realized that pay to win makes this not possible without... paying to win...

so i just wanted to say thanks for that, and know this ubi: free games with mechanics that allow you to pay for power is a recipe that will never get far. its a frustration to players and looks like a ploy, an illusion of fair play. free players have no real chance and only play as a demo and are only there for the pay to win players to feed exp off of and to make them feel stronger

so thanks for ruining a good game with bad mechanics

Shadestriker
07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
i like how i posted this before i went to work, didnt check it til now (im done with work) and there are no replies and its still the first post on general... kinda proves my point. most people when they notice this stop playing such a game, and many people refuse to play them at all. i hope you understand this for future projects (or maybe even the future of this one)

there is no logic to support a pay to win philosophy (outside of making money) and its highly frowned upon by the gaming community, and rightfully so. if you want to make a free game with payment options, those options must stay interesting, yet also have no affiliation with giving advantages other players when the scene is competitive. if everything were pvm (pve) it wouldnt be nearly as problematic (yet, still would be to a degree) but that isnt the case here (even though there are pve servers, since the options are available for both kinds, that point is moot)

edit: wow, not a single person has posted anything in general for 3 days.

thats what i call a dead game

Paul_Rotterdam
07-09-2013, 10:36 PM
its not dead, its fading away, like old soldiers do

Shadestriker
07-09-2013, 10:43 PM
so ive been reading older posts (like there are new ones to read) and i noticed that my complaint seems to be the number 1 complaint players have....

all i hafta say is, you get what you deserve (most of the time)

this game is dead because of the choices youve made (and decided to stick with, even with outcries for change)

this is whats killing blizzard entertainment now, and what seems to have killed hommk. you should prolly swallow your pride, ubi, and dont take ur playerbase for granted. listen to them or you will lose them, but always make sure you go through the logic of things as well (blindly listening is just as foolish as ignoring them). you do that and little can go wrong.

Shadestriker
07-09-2013, 10:44 PM
fair enough...

Shadestriker
07-09-2013, 10:52 PM
its not even a small advantage given... there are players with over 25 times my strength already and the server isnt even a week old and ive been playing this game a lot from day one (i also know my way around homm, been playing since homm2 was new). that. is. disgusting.

there is no point to playing without paying... which in turn, makes there no point in playing at all, at least for those who have noticed, and actually want to compete etc, hence the game being dead... sorry, fading away

edit: past this point is me just rambling off things to ubi that ive wanted to say for a while

also, for the record, simultaneous play on homm5 was one of the best ideas ever IF IT WORKED or even multiplayer over the net (and... cant you fix that computer player load bar? invalidates any map above medium and any game longer than an hour (the comp turn load bar progressively takes longer and longer))

perhaps its time to hire some bug fix guys

DXTed
07-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Thank you for voicing your concerns and complaints.

Shadestriker
07-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Thank you for voicing your concerns and complaints.

i hope you dont see this as some attack, i really just want you guys to see such a thing hurts more than it helps, and tried explaining why, i dont like when good games are held back by hindering decisions, and voice what i can

besides this and getting tons of forces as a reward that i cant use i have no qualms

(i feel like changing dwarf battalions won from rifts to t1 / t2 units of the starting town type of the player receiving the reward would be a much better option)

Shadestriker
07-11-2013, 02:50 AM
This has been said so many times on so many threads that most just say " Oh another one".

They try with these strategic worlds, which only have a few seals usage but until they release a completely free of seals world we will continue losing very good players, which is a great pity.

i could tell its been said often without leaving the first page (or even getting half way through it) =[

its rare to see something so close to unanimous / at the tip of seemingly everyones mind

Shadestriker
07-11-2013, 02:55 AM
one thing can be said tho (maybe its bc of having a small community, which i suspect to have a large impact on it) i was shocked to get a response from a GM, esp since it seemed to be said so often... (didnt realize that til after i posted n poked around the forums a bit)... maybe im just too used to blizzard

another thing that can be said of this is, that its so unanimous and at the top of everyones mind says that there are few mistakes to poke at

i find this to be a great game, with some bugs here n there, and what ive mentioned here, but other than that nothing really to complain about

you look at diablo 3, and everyone is all over the place with their complaints, and thats bc the game is riddled with problems

edit: with that being said, this one problem is still a game breaker