PDA

View Full Version : ubi stopped carrying il-2 1946

Codger1949
07-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Several years ago Ubi used to sell online a copy of il-2 1946. They no longer carry it. Can somebody please tell me why that is? I lost the hard drive that I put it on. Thanks. Why would they do such a thing. What am I supposed to do, steal it? This makes no sense.

Tully__
07-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm just guessing, but I suspect that either sales volume got so low that they dropped support or the distribution agreement between Ubi and 1C expired. Try Amazon, you can replace it for under $10 : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=il2+sturmovik%3A+1946

Codger1949
07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm just guessing, but I suspect that either sales volume got so low that they dropped support or the distribution agreement between Ubi and 1C expired. Try Amazon, you can replace it for under $10 : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=il2+sturmovik%3A+1946

Thanks for the reply. I remember you from about 6 years ago when I played 1946 everyday, couple times a day. I just bought COD. What a disappointment, at least to me. Works fine but compared to 1946 there is no comparison. Sure it's got some nice cockpit eye candy and the invisi trees are gone but for variety of a/c and locales there just isn't any comparison. I just bought 1946 at Amazon, brand new for under 5 bucks. Can't beat that for a bargain.
p.s I haven't visited the forum for years and wow, yuk. The change in decor sucks. Just doesn't have the old Il2 flavor. Why do these corporations always make changes to their look and layout which is never as nice as the old?

saipan1972
07-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. I remember you from about 6 years ago when I played 1946 everyday, couple times a day. I just bought COD. What a disappointment, at least to me. Works fine but compared to 1946 there is no comparison. Sure it's got some nice cockpit eye candy and the invisi trees are gone but for variety of a/c and locales there just isn't any comparison. I just bought 1946 at Amazon, brand new for under 5 bucks. Can't beat that for a bargain.
p.s I haven't visited the forum for years and wow, yuk. The change in decor sucks. Just doesn't have the old Il2 flavor. Why do these corporations always make changes to their look and layout which is never as nice as the old?

did you try the TF mod for COD? IL2 has been modded for years, COD is still pretty young in that respect. Give it some time..

Bearcat99
07-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if they are intentionally trying to drive folks away .. but then I guess you have to consider .. in some ways it may be a courtesy even keeping this forum open.. It is still nice to pop in here and see names I know.. CoD ... I finall was able to run CoD in September of 12.. The last patch was very good... and the TF mod is a great improvement as well... but it still does not wow me.. at least not yet... It may who knows.. There are some features that I really like about it.. and some that are annoying as all get out.. but I do think it is now a decent product. I am looking forward to future upgrades. For me .. for now at least.. IL2 is still the best WWII Combat Flight Sim on the market.. and between the official patches from TD and HSFX ... it is a thing of beauty.. Even some of the other versions are not bad at all.. I just prefer the newer content and feature set from TD. I like HSFX and am looking forward to it's latest upgrade but I have to admit that 4.12 is the best stock verson of this sim ever and is the frst one for me at least that can actually compete with a modded install. It doesnt have all the planes of HSFX.. but what it lacks in content it makes up for in features and functionality.. 4.12 is a masterpiece.

wheelsup_cavu
07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
The forum messed up your link Bearcat.

Wheels

Bearcat99
07-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Fixed it Wheels.. thanx!