PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or this game is just to easy in combat?

Moose.Qc
07-06-2013, 01:45 PM
It's like press E then mouse click, compared to previous version. I'm disappointed in how the combat roles out....It's too easy so far ubi...

YazX_
07-08-2013, 12:29 AM
well its something different than previous ACs and i like it, Ubisoft did a very good job there, but still AI needs some tweaking bcaz of what you said, in AC4, they said the AI will be alot better than AC3 in terms of combat system.

Anykeyer
07-08-2013, 06:40 AM
They will probably just tweak agression numbers (like delays between attacks) and stuff like that, not make them actually smart. They do it every time they promise "harder and better combat AI"

x___Luffy___x
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
It's like press E then mouse click, compared to previous version. I'm disappointed in how the combat roles out....It's too easy so far ubi...

yup , its too easy. but when the game came out there were still people here who were complaining that its too difficult.

Ureh
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM

I guess it's different for everyone (some people don't play that many games, some aren't accustomed to AC-esque controls, some are incapable of playing it for whatever reason - age, some simply don't spend enough time to master it - they just rush through it once).

I do find it easy. What's your highest kill streak so far?

wanderer77
07-08-2013, 07:05 PM
AC2's battle system was easy enough. and beyond AC2 they continued making it EASIER.

Anykeyer
07-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Well, I find AC3 combat to be harder than AC2. Enemies are way more agressive, often not giving you enough time to finish someone, and do not hesitate to form a big fire line somewhere off screen.

Ureh
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I guess it depends on what system you're playing on. I think the PC controls are quite clunky, so it can be quite hard for some players.

But the game is designed with God of War-esque gameplay. Which means you'll need to parry at the right time to prevent your streak from being interrupted (ex: an enemy attacks while you're trying to finish someone, parry their attack, press disarm, then quickly select a target and press attack button to continue, rinse and repeat.) You can also implement tools into the kill streak to kill off more enemies). When jagers are thrown into the mix combat requires a little strategy if you want to continue a long streak. So yeah, the AC3 combat does require a bit more attentiveness whereas AC2 only required you to pay heed to enemies right next to you.

Severion
07-11-2013, 12:49 AM
It does get quite easy. Even against Jaegers, you can use a lot of your tools to one shot kill anything on the counter: Snares, poison darts, trip mines... they all work too it's not just your bow and pistols. Sadly, you can't use your horse whistle though, I'd like to see that. Countering with trip mines works especially well, sending some dude flying towards his friends with a bomb strapped to him.

I think most of it comes from the idea that combat should be easy for a trained Assassin when up against #RandomSoldier113, being almost un-killable in combat is almost part of the idea of it. The best thing about the combat is you need to know the enemy, there are 5 different enemy types and combat flows better when you know what works against what. I kind of like it that the game doesn't tell you and you discover yourself, like that you can continue a kill streak against brutes if you break their defence first and then attack.

I'm always discovering new things in AC3 and I like that, not just in the combat. If you're running past guards you can double tap the legs action button when you're real close to do a forward roll to avoid damage and keep on going. This was necessary in the chase mission towards the end before they nerfed it in 1.1. I'm kind of sure this isn't explained in the game, or if it is, I missed it. In Revelations it was all spelled out with the hook maneuvers tutorial mission.

Ureh
07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
There was a roll option?! That bad it's not there anymore...

I tried using snares in a counter but it doesn't seem to work. I tried using money too, but no go. Does it work in a streak?

Anykeyer
07-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Snares work perfectly for me. IMO its the most usefull tool counter. Didnt know about rolls, have to try it.

Tried rolls, there is no such thing assigned to legs. But if you tap block/use button when running on alert soldier then Connor will roll past that soldier. This isnt exacly a feature, more like a side effect, Connor attemps to tackle but soldier dodges this. This results in roll.

Ureh
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Snares work perfectly for me. IMO its the most usefull tool counter. Didnt know about rolls, have to try it.

Tried rolls, there is no such thing assigned to legs. But if you tap block/use button when running on alert soldier then Connor will roll past that soldier. This isnt exacly a feature, more like a side effect, Connor attemps to tackle but soldier dodges this. This results in roll.

I'm trying to figure how snares are considered more useful than other tools but no luck! Can you tell us why you prefer them? Also can you use them to continue a kill streak? Thanks!

Anykeyer
07-25-2013, 06:17 AM
You can have 20. Only guns can have more but their counter animation is longer and I would prefer to save ammunition for normal use. On the other hand snares dont have any other uses in combat so they are disposable.

Ureh
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Aw, thanks, Anykeyer. I thought I wasn't using them correctly in a streak. T_T

Gotta say the rope dart is the only tool that seems to allow kill streaks to continue if the enemies walk too far away.