PDA

View Full Version : What we want from ACIV and what we can expect ^_~

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone :)

I thought it would be good to have a discussion thread on: 'What we want from ACIV and what we can expect'.

It's mostly because I found this video, but maybe you have all seen it already or it's already been posted, then... my apologies. ^^'

It was apparently shown at the E3 Conference (I never watched E3 ^^) and it has the same footage as the video posted by Mr_Shade. Thank you Mr_Shade! :) The difference is that Ashraf Ismail talks a bit about it. ^_^

Then, I understand that everyone is worried about whether ACIV will deliver and if it will be like the AC game they love e.g. One issue everyone's been discussing is that it needs to have more opportunities for stealth like earlier AC games and needs to be harder so that you have to be stealthy. ^_~

Anyway, if you haven't seen this video, Ashraf Ismail does mention briefly: the locations, stealth, combat, and naval combat.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ0FdhFx2I

Link:
E3 Official Commented Gameplay Demo - Assassin's Creed 4 Blag Flag, YouTube, Published 20 June 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ0FdhFx2I

Then I hope it will make you feel a little better about what to expect :) and I'm sure we'll be finding out a lot more very soon. ^_^

ze_topazio
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I want Jet skis, i expect no Jet skis.

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Well he said they are changing guard layout, giving edward stealth tools, giving simpler objectives (so you can use stealth). I think we are def gonna get good stealth opportunities. Heck, they keep banging out about it and thats what the press are picking up on, if they dont deliver, there will be rage.

All we need to go along with the above is a cohesive story and great character development with side missions that have meaning and we are set!

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Well he said they are changing guard layout, giving edward stealth tools, giving simpler objectives (so you can use stealth). I think we are def gonna get good stealth opportunities. Heck, they keep banging out about it and thats what the press are picking up on, if they dont deliver, there will be rage.

All we need to go along with the above is a cohesive story and great character development with side missions that have meaning and we are set!

I definitely agree with you :)

Re: Character development

Have you seen this trailer? It's called 'Under the Black Flag' and was published 15 May 2013. It's narrated by "Edward Kenway" ^_~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys4wq7O_fQ

Link:
Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag - Under the Black Flag Trailer [UK]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys4wq7O_fQ

This seems to suggest they are going to have great character development, don't you think...? Who he was and what he becomes! :) By the way, who is your favourite assassin so far...? Then... do you think Edward will be a contender...?

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Of course! And I am hoping that it has great character development. Selfish man turning noble, retiring from crime to raise a family. If done right, it can be very interesting. My favourite Assassin is probably Altair, I think Edward can be a good contender, but not by personality alone. The story and everything has to be up to scratch.

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 10:23 PM
he's welsh. that's nice.

We got a welsh accent on the grandfather, an english accent on the father, and an american accent on the son.

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 10:42 PM
'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'pushing hard' for more assassinations, less hand-holding' (Kietzmann, 2013, joystiq)

Ashraf Ismail, talking about...

Assassinations:

"We actually have more assassinations than AC1 had."

Going back to older "philosophy" of AC:

"This is something we did learn, we do listen to our fans a lot," Ismail says. "We know that in AC3 there was a lot more handholding done, and we do want to go back to an older philosophy where we just present you with a simple objective and we let you choose the gameplay you want."

Eliminating targets more open:

'The process of eliminating major targets, Ismail says, will be more open to planning and improvisation; less reliant on scripted events and big battles. "This is a philosophy we're really pushing hard in the missions and the assassinations."'

~ * ~

Ubisoft Montreal on listening to fan feedback about mission objectives...

'Ubisoft Montreal claims there's been enough time to consider the critical and fan discussion around Assassin's Creed 3. "We don't tell you 'go here, touch this thing, interact with this thing, push this guy' to accomplish the goal. It's really just where you need to be, get there as you wish."'

Source:
Kietzmann, Ludwig, (2013) 'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'pushing hard' for more assassinations, less hand-holding', joystiq, March 4th 2013.

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/04/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-pushing-hard-for-more-assassina/

This is a real article ^_~ ... LOL ... Also, they did apparently start developing AC4 in 2011. Then do you believe our wishes have come true...? :)

captin_qwark7
07-04-2013, 10:49 PM
To compensate for the staggering abundance of oversexualisation of women in video games, I expect to see Edwards ding **** at least 9 times during the main story and 3 during side missions.

Assassin_M
07-05-2013, 12:05 AM
I want the best AC game, I expect nothing...

ArabianFrost
07-05-2013, 12:09 AM
I want the best AC game, I expect nothing...

Good. It's better we lower our expectations and be blown away on release, rather than have high expectations and have them blighted.

ArabianFrost
07-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Assassinations:

[B]"We actually have more assassinations than AC1 had."

I orgasmed a bit there. I am not really hyped, but this makes me happy.

Also, I imagine the meetings between these devs get quite awkward when they talk about their respective games.

Jexx21
07-05-2013, 12:22 AM
..why would they be awkward?

Ureh
07-05-2013, 05:06 AM
I've heard/seen things that should assauge any tension I have. But that buggy stage demo still makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if they were trying to give the impression, "hey we're not being pretenstious anymore cause we're showing raw/live footage instead of a spruced up vid." Sure I was lucky enough to never experience any debilitating bugs in any of the AC games but many other people have.

ProletariatPleb
07-05-2013, 05:09 AM
I've heard/seen things that should assauge any tension I have. But that buggy stage demo still makes me feel uneasy. Not sure if they were trying to give the impression, "hey we're not being pretenstious anymore cause we're showing raw/live footage instead of a spruced up vid." Sure I was lucky enough to never experience any debilitating bugs in any of the AC games but many other people have.
AFAIK the demo thingy was ****ty devkit issue.

pacmanate
07-05-2013, 12:03 PM

When it froze? That had nothing to do with the demo, it was behind the scenes stuff that messed it up.

Mr_Shade
07-05-2013, 12:34 PM
indeed - technical issues, can happen - but shouldn't be considered part of the game ;)

ProletariatPleb
07-05-2013, 12:46 PM
indeed - technical issues, can happen - but shouldn't be considered part of the game ;)
You mean to say we shouldn't think the game will crash while playing? :O Blasphemy!

Mr_Shade
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
By release, it's hoped that crashes will be at a minimum - or non existent ;)

However I am sure some of you will find a way to break it.. LOL

Also games do depend on the hardware - with the PS4 / Xbox One - who knows, since it will be early days - and as time has shown, sometimes consoles take a while to settle..

So, any crashes can be hardware related.. but fingers crossed, the console launches go well.. ;)

Ureh
07-05-2013, 02:12 PM
When it froze? That had nothing to do with the demo, it was behind the scenes stuff that messed it up.

There were other hiccups in the stage demo. The ones that I could recall are when Edward is blending on the bench and camp fire; the dialogue wouldn't play (I'll come back later love, etc). Also the player missed a high profile assassination and the guard didn't react.

So, any crashes can be hardware related.. but fingers crossed, the console launches go well.. ;)

Me too. I guess I'm just trying to be mentally prepared for what may come. I can still enjoy a game with bugs to a certain extent (ex Fallout, Elder Scroll games). I'm used to AC games being fairly polished instead of riddled with gamebreaking bugs.

Mr_Shade
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
The E3 demo - would have been made for the show - so it shouldn't be classed as final, just a show case of what the game is about.

There's a few reasons why things didn't go smoothly - I wouldn't have thought it would have been intentional ;)

Same as the complaints about the mission - it most likely is not a 'real' one from the game, it should be considered a 'vertical slice' of gameplay - to show a few different things - yet I bet we will see complaints if it's not in the final game - much like AC3's showing ;)

pacmanate
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM
There were other hiccups in the stage demo. The ones that I could recall are when Edward is blending on the bench and camp fire; the dialogue wouldn't play (I'll come back later love, etc). Also the player missed a high profile assassination and the guard didn't react.

Most likely made to be dumb. As Shade said, these things aren't missions. They are made to showcase features. That demo showcased lots of things all at once.

salman147
07-05-2013, 02:46 PM
'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'pushing hard' for more assassinations, less hand-holding' (Kietzmann, 2013, joystiq)

Assassinations:

Going back to older "philosophy" of AC:

"This is something we did learn, we do listen to our fans a lot," Ismail says. "We know that in AC3 there was a lot more handholding done, and we do want to go back to an older philosophy where we just present you with a simple objective and we let you choose the gameplay you want."

Eliminating targets more open:

'The process of eliminating major targets, Ismail says, will be more open to planning and improvisation; less reliant on scripted events and big battles. "This is a philosophy we're really pushing hard in the missions and the assassinations."'

~ * ~

Ubisoft Montreal on listening to fan feedback about mission objectives...

'Ubisoft Montreal claims there's been enough time to consider the critical and fan discussion around Assassin's Creed 3. "We don't tell you 'go here, touch this thing, interact with this thing, push this guy' to accomplish the goal. It's really just where you need to be, get there as you wish."'

Source:
Kietzmann, Ludwig, (2013) 'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'pushing hard' for more assassinations, less hand-holding', joystiq, March 4th 2013.

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/04/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-pushing-hard-for-more-assassina/

This is a real article ^_~ ... LOL ... Also, they did apparently start developing AC4 in 2011. Then do you believe our wishes have come true...? :)

AC1 had few major assassinations.I want assassinations to be more than AC2 which had a great deal.
I hope we can crouch manually.Auto crouch is annoying.I can't play the way I want.
Combat should be harder.
Hope the single player is longer.

ladyleonhart
07-05-2013, 03:38 PM
AC1 had few major assassinations.I want assassinations to be more than AC2 which had a great deal.
I hope we can crouch manually.Auto crouch is annoying.I can't play the way I want.
Combat should be harder.

Apparently combat is going to be harder which will force us to use stealth. :)

Also, this is an extract from X360 magazine, in which they spoke to Darby McDevitt about combat:
'X360: How much can you realistically change things like the combat in Assassin’s Creed without getting too far away from the core experience players know and expect?

McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially.

The Agile guards and the Brute guards remain human-sized, no matter what you do, so there is no good way to create a ‘boss’ character.

But with naval ships, the difference between a six-gun schooner and a 100-gun man-of-war is massive, and will provide players with incredible challenges.

For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.' -

Source:
Lynch, David, (2013) 'AC4: Black Flag’s Naval Combat Will Provide An ‘Incredible Challenge’, [I]X360 Magazine, published 3 May.
Link: http://www.x360magazine.com/games/assassins-creed-iv-black-flags-naval-combat-will-provide-an-incredible-challenge/

Anyway, how long would you say the single player on the other AC games was...? I am referring to the main game and not the side/optional missions. ^_~

prince162010
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
After all i've seen so far the game looks stunning anyway ,i just only want Holsters ! ! ! ! ! plz ubi

ladyleonhart
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
ACIV Q&A article: 'Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Questions Answered: Main Game is 15-20 Hours, Season Pass Already up for Pre-Order, More'

Source:
Dunning, Jason (2013) 'Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Questions Answered: Main Game is 15-20 Hours, Season Pass Already up for Pre-Order, More' PlayStationLifeStyle.net, published 20 June 2013.
Link:http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/20/many-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-questions-answered-main-game-is-15-20-hours-season-pass-already-up-for-pre-order-more/

This was a recent Q&A with Ashraf. Here are the ones I think you'll want to know about:

Game length:
'The main game will be 15 – 20 hours, “but the goal is to have you get lost in the world, spending even more time in it!”'

Assassin Tombs:
'Black Flag will have some “Assassin tombs like in [Assassin's Creed 2].”'

Hire Groups:
'"We’ve listened to our fans and brought back several elements from #AC2 and #ACB, like new hire groups like drunken pirates and we have new tools that will manipulate the crowd in fun ways.”'

Stealth:
'“You can stealth your way through about 85% of the game, but there are some forced battles, like boarding actions.”'

Shooting mechanics:
'“Yes, we have third-person free aim.”'

Crouching:
''When asked if we could crouch, or if it’s area based like foliage cover Ashraf said, “It is foliage cover, but when you come out of the foliage you can remain crouched.”'

Side missions and world:
'“The world is bigger [than Assassin's Creed III] and there are tons of cohesive side activities and side missions… more than any previous AC. All of the side mission/activities have something that they give you, like a tangible in-game *thing*.”'

'“Within the first 4 hours of the game, all of the side missions will be unlocked and the entire Caribbean world will be open to you to explore after about one hour.”'

Sushiglutton
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
What I want: Greatly improved core mechanics (as described in my previous posts) and open ended missions that are built upon them.
What I expect: About the same mediocre gameplay quality as in AC3 with minor tweaks. More open missions and better sandbox content.

In other words I believe AC4 will be a step in the right direction, but not the great game AC could potenitally be. But as long as the franchise moves forward I'll be happy :).

SixKeys
07-05-2013, 04:37 PM

AC1 had 9 major assassinations. In my view that's quite a lot.

dxsxhxcx
07-05-2013, 11:16 PM
McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially. so make the guards as stupid as a brick is OK but make them (at least) on par with the ancestor abilities is out of question? I don't want "boss fights" in AC, but I think even the most common guard should stand a chance against the ancestor, what IMO doesn't happen since AC1..
For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.' they were probably talking about the naval combat here..

Ferrith
07-06-2013, 05:07 AM
What I want? An Assassin's Creed game. What I expect? A Pirate's Creed game.

In the interview he gave to Loomer, Darby McDevitt, the brilliant (NOT!) lead writer of AC IV, stated: "We want this to be a pirate game".

<font size="2">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXMrZC_ZRg

AC2_alex
07-06-2013, 06:16 AM
^ Why so cynical? If they can manage to stay true to what makes AC great (social stealth and infiltration) then view it as good thing that its going for pirates. Its ambitious and its fresh. At this point, I don't see anything to complain about.

Assassin_M
07-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Combat should be harder.
AC I had 10 targets...more than that so we can AT LEAST expect 11

AC II had 14.....not that much of a difference..

Assassin_M
07-06-2013, 06:25 AM
^ Why so cynical? If they can manage to stay true to what makes AC great (social stealth and infiltration) then view it as good thing that its going for pirates. Its ambitious and its fresh. At this point, I don't see anything to complain about.
in his mind, a pirate game can NEVER be an AC game...that`s his mind..it`s how it works, no matter what you tell it....Nope...Nope...Pirate`s Creed. but-......not listening. but I-.....STOP INVADING MY OPINION

AC2_alex
07-06-2013, 06:58 AM
The more I hear about the game, the more optimistic I get about it. The most important thing I've heard from Ash so far is "We want the player to get lost in the world." Exploration is one of the greatest part of games, and there's no better type of exploration than sailing the ocean.

Ferrith
07-06-2013, 11:28 AM
^ Why so cynical?
McDevitt clearly said to Loomer, "We want this to be a pirate game". What exactly is there so hard to grasp? Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not one to buy whatever Ubisoft produce as long as it reads "Assassin's Creed" on the cover.

I don't see anything to complain about.
I don't see anyone to complain either. OP asked for our opinion and I spoke my mind based on the writer's very interview. Do you have any problem with people voicing their opinion when it is not the same as yours?

Assassin_M
07-06-2013, 11:40 AM
McDevitt clearly said to Loomer, "We want this to be a pirate game". What exactly is there so hard to grasp? Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not one to buy whatever Ubisoft produce as long as it reads "Assassin's Creed" on the cover.

I don't see anyone to complain either. OP asked for our opinion and I spoke my mind based on the writer's very interview. Do you have any problem with people voicing their opinion when it is not the same as yours?
post number 666

you are the devil

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 12:06 PM
The more I hear about the game, the more optimistic I get about it. The most important thing I've heard from Ash so far is "We want the player to get lost in the world." Exploration is one of the greatest part of games, and there's no better type of exploration than sailing the ocean.

Don't forget underwater exploration! xD

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/9/95/AC4-DivingBell.jpg

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/03/AC4BF_SC_SP_05_UnderwaterTreasure.JPG.jpg

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Scripted underwater exploration. Not that amazing to me anymore tbh.

ze_topazio
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Only the first game was an "assassin simulator", starting with number 2 this became a "main character life simulator" and so that includes doing the stuff they do when they are not assassinating people, in Edward's case, he's a pirate, therefore piracy activities, you know, being an Assassin doesn't pay the rent and doesn't put food on the table.

Jexx21
07-06-2013, 12:27 PM
everything in these games is scripted.. even AC1.. don't understand your complaint.

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 12:30 PM
everything in these games is scripted.. even AC1.. don't understand your complaint.

Complaint is not all the sea has underwater gameplay. Understand? Not hard was it.

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 12:44 PM

That's okay :) I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their opinions! xD It would be boring if everyone agreed on everything and thought the same way... OMG... then we'd be CLONES! o_0;

That goes for you too, Ferrith!

So, thank you for your opinion! ^_^

Anyway, back to you pacmanate, as for the underwater exploration, I think it will be cool. :) I haven't found any information on the underwater portion of AC4 yet, then I don't really know how it'll play out. However, the graphics are amazing and it will be nice to see what they actually include! ^_~

captin_qwark7
07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Only the first game was an "assassin simulator", starting with number 2 this became a "main character life simulator" and so that includes doing the stuff they do when they are not assassinating people, in Edward's case, he's a pirate, therefore piracy activities, you know, being an Assassin doesn't pay the rent and doesn't put food on the table.

I could never get into AC1. It was just so repetitive and boring...
Eavesdrop, interrogate, kill, magically get abilities back. Rinse, repeat.

Jexx21
07-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Complaint is not all the sea has underwater gameplay. Understand? Not hard was it.

Ohhh. Well that would take a long time to make.

I mean, judging by the fact that the underwater areas that you can use will probably be marked on your map as something, it's not like there would be much point if you could drop anchor anywhere and go diving if you knew nothing was there. It just saves processing power.

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
What I want? An Assassin's Creed game. What I expect? A Pirate's Creed game.

Honestly, I understand where you are coming from. When I saw the first trailer they released worldwide on TV, I was thinking: 'Pirates'...? Really...? o_0; I think I was worried because of 'Pirates of the Caribbean'... >_<

Anyway, like everyone, I've seen the effort Ubisoft are putting into it, and I don't think they really want to let their fans down. As for it being a "Pirate" game... Yes, Edward is a pirate... but he is also the father of a Templar, and the Grandfather of an Assassin... and he does become an Assassin... then, in my opinion :) I think it will be interesting to see Edward's transition from Pirate to Assassin.

Most importantly, it's just my opinion, and I'm not trying to change your mind or anything. So, please don't be offended. :) If I did offend you, please accept my apology. ^_^

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Ohhh. Well that would take a long time to make.

I mean, judging by the fact that the underwater areas that you can use will probably be marked on your map as something, it's not like there would be much point if you could drop anchor anywhere and go diving if you knew nothing was there. It just saves processing power.

FC3 had underwater stuff everywhere. Besides if you are on the jackdaw surrounded by water I see no reason why they couldn't render underwater stuff.

Jexx21
07-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Black Flag seems like a larger world than Far Cry 3, plus you have to factor in there being different engines and that FC3 was in first person. IMO, swimming in games feels better in first person than third.

speaking of Far Cry 3... I really need to know what kind of TWCB stuff is on the Rook Islands.

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Black Flag seems like a larger world than Far Cry 3, plus you have to factor in there being different engines and that FC3 was in first person. IMO, swimming in games feels better in first person than third.

speaking of Far Cry 3... I really need to know what kind of TWCB stuff is on the Rook Islands.

Yeah I agree on the FP front. I dont think there is any TWCB stuff on rook islands...

Jexx21
07-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Has to be, otherwise the powers Jason gets from the tatau wouldn't be possible. Whatever kind of ink used or liquids consumed came from a similar source to whatever powered the red willow tree in the Tyranny. (things in common between the Red Willow tea and the tataus/strange drinks: weird tattoos, strange drinks being consumed, increased bloodlust, hallucinations that result in a feat of strength, powers all have to do with becoming stronger, faster, agile, and stealthy (although that's more of a gameplay thing)). Plus, why else would Abstergo be searching for Pieces of Eden there?

In all honesty, I'm guessing that it's some form of "manna, ambrosia, soma," the food of the gods. What Shaun found in the Grand Temple, but with the power actually being present.

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 02:06 PM
That's okay :) I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their opinions! xD It would be boring if everyone agreed on everything and thought the same way... OMG... then we'd be CLONES! o_0;

So, thank you for your opinion! ^_^

Anyway, back to you pacmanate, as for the underwater exploration, I think it will be cool. :) I haven't found any information on the underwater portion of AC4 yet, then I don't really know how it'll play out. However, the graphics are amazing and it will be nice to see what they actually include! ^_~

Sorry! Completely missed this. I think it will be cool, if not properly. A logical assumption would be that the underwater sections are one of the 75 "locations" they are speaking of

ArabianFrost
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
FC3 had underwater stuff everywhere. Besides if you are on the jackdaw surrounded by water I see no reason why they couldn't render underwater stuff.

I don't understand that comparison. Their respective water environments are completely different. On one hand, you have a reasonably-sized shore and a few small lakes in Far Cry 3 and what do these water environments contain? Absolutely and utterly nothing. If anything at all, they are nothing but extensions to the land segments, in addition to a blue filter, floating mechanics, a few sharks and herbs, with a seabed that is horribly barren and grey.

On the other hand, the AC team has you exploring the ENTIRE CARIBBEAN SEA, not just a lake and a lifeless, elementary shore. Not only are they covering an entire sea and possibly part of an ocean, but they also don't want the sea life to be just a few fish with a dreary looking, scarcely-adorned sea bed. The devs of AC4 want a sea bed completely covered by stunning coral reefs and bursting with life of all sorts, from small fish to predatory sharks and even whales. Their concept of a sea is actually interesting. They seem to have grasped the proper aesthetic and atmosphere of a Caribbean sea environment.

Something which probably raced through the devs' mind is probably how much people will use underwater, taking into consideration that it's a secondary mechanic. How many would actually leave the naval, the jungles and the navigation of the cities to swim underwater? Would it actually be worth it to develop an entire mechanic that will probably be used to a minimal extent? Be mindful and understand that they have a very narrow time-window for a game of this scale and they also want to properly polish a game with 3 cities, 47 other locations and 70 playas and islands, along with a complex level design that would allow for 85% of the game to be played stealthily at a challenging level. A great deal of things to be concerned about, to have a full seabed crammed in. Polish is key.

Last thing I want to mention is a quote from Ashraf when asked about the underwater segments( I don't remember it word by word though),"With the AC brand, we try out new mechanics on a smaller scale if they turn out successful we contemplate their full-fledged addition in the future, such is the case with the Naval". Since the tower defense thing in ACR was so abysmally received, the devs seem to be cautious when implementing non-core mechanics for the first time in a game(i.e tower defense, naval and underwater). It seems this is the case with underwater. They don't really want to take a risk with underwater gameplay, since recreating the whole Caribbean bed would be heavily time-consuming and at the same very risky considering it's far from normal AC mechanics. They din't want another tower defense that would also cost them an unbelievable amount of money and time. I honestly thing it's reasonable what they're doing with underwater.

Just a side note:
The devs usually travel to where they develop the game for pictures and voice recording. I imagine it was very awesome to study the locations in this one. If they recreate real seabeds, it must have been fantastic to go study the Caribbean seabed

Jexx21
07-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I highly doubt that even if this feature is really well received, that it would be expanded upon greatly in future installments. I imagine that diving was mostly added because pirates did do it.

As for Den Defense, that was actually adapted to AC3 in the form of board games. Den Defense was essentially a kind of board game, although in real time rather than being turn based.

salman147
07-06-2013, 04:21 PM
AC I had 10 targets...more than that so we can AT LEAST expect 11

AC II had 14.....not that much of a difference..

AC2 had these assassinations:
Uberto Alberti
Vieri de' Pazzi
Francesco de' Pazzi
Antonio Maffei
Francesco Salviati
Bernardo Baroncelli
Stefano da Bagnone
Jacopo de' Pazzi
Emilio Barbarigo
Carlo Grimaldi
Marco Barbarigo
Silvio Barbarigo
Dante Moro[5]
Checco Orsi
Ludovico Orsi[6]
Gaspar Martínez
Pedro Llorente
Juan de Marillo
Tomás de Torquemada (escaped)[7]
Girolamo Savonarola
The Painter
The Doctor
The Preacher
The Farmer
The Condottiero
The Merchant
The Nobleman
The Priest
The Captain Guard[8]
Do they make 14?Wayyy more than that!
Each of them are major assassinations built specially.

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I highly doubt that even if this feature is really well received, that it would be expanded upon greatly in future installments. I imagine that diving was mostly added because pirates did do it.

They did experiment with the underwater feature in AC: Liberation. ^^ I've haven't finished it yet though, so I'm not sure how many missions actually let you go underwater. It seems it could work. :) As for applying it to future titles, I guess it would really depend on the locations of the game.

ArabianFrost
07-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Uberto Alberti
Vieri de' Pazzi
Francesco de' Pazzi
Antonio Maffei
Francesco Salviati
Bernardo Baroncelli
Stefano da Bagnone
Jacopo de' Pazzi
Emilio Barbarigo
Carlo Grimaldi
Marco Barbarigo
Silvio Barbarigo
Dante Moro[5]
Checco Orsi
Ludovico Orsi[6]
Gaspar Martínez
Pedro Llorente
Juan de Marillo
Girolamo Savonarola
The Painter
The Doctor
The Preacher
The Farmer
The Condottiero
The Merchant
The Nobleman
The Priest
The Captain Guard[8]
Nah. Starting from the painter to the Captain guard were DLC for AC2, so they don't count, cutting a significant number of targets from your list. You also have a few targets which were not killed by you directly or were killed in a brawl, not an assassination, therefore even more targets are disqualified as assassinations. This leaves as with possibly a few more than 14, but still probably around that number. Regardless, I heavily enjoyed the myriad of assassinations in AC2. Seeing that web of targets, all crossed out was unbelievably satisfying.

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 04:53 PM
I wish "more assassinations" would just make people happy but noooooooooooo

Its a conspiracy.

I-Like-Pie45
07-06-2013, 04:53 PM
I expect: The main game will be 14-20 hrs with Edward, an hour or two with Haytham to show what happens to Edward in Forsaken, another four hours with Connor at the end to bring the Kenway saga full circle. Two more hours of modern day which ends with the introduction of the new modern day "hero" and the tying of AC to Watch Dogs. We will find out that Ezio was a closeted ****** and that he really died from AIDs contracted in a secret affair. Edward will be the deepest and most flawed Assassin yet. We find out that Altair traveled to the future to save 1666. Aveline in her travels across the frontier comes across a mysterious thing called a tear, from which a confused Booker emerges and proceeds to rip her face apart with the skyhook. The Stupid Hoodie Guy is also dead FOR GOOD

We will get: Main game 10 hrs at best with only passing 'you blink you miss' mentions and cameos of Haytham and Connor, pointless modern day that does nothing, Ezio circle jerking, Altair actually IS YVES!, nothing happens regard. Aveline and she ends up being eaten by wolves, and Edward is a shallow Ezio clone made to appease the Ezio fanboys. Stupid Hoodie Guy lives on as Subject 17, the ghost in the machine.

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 04:56 PM
I expect: The main game will be 14-20 hrs with Edward, an hour or two with Haytham to show what happens to Edward in Forsaken, another four hours with Connor at the end to bring the Kenway saga full circle. Two more hours of modern day which ends with the introduction of the new modern day "hero" and the tying of AC to Watch Dogs.

Congratulations you are now the most ambitious AC fan I know.

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Sorry! Completely missed this. I think it will be cool, if not properly. A logical assumption would be that the underwater sections are one of the 75 "locations" they are speaking of
Heehee... you don't have to apologise ^_^ Anyway, I see where you are coming from :) If underwater exploration is only available at 1/75 locations that would be disappointing. Then you would just get the hang of it and it would be over. ^^' Maybe though, they will surprise us and give us opportunities for underwater exploration in a number of the 75 locations as well as on land i.e. maybe some locations will be a mix of land and underwater exploration.^_^ Then, I'm assuming some underwater exploration opportunities will be on the Jackdaw in the middle of the ocean away from land (for example, retrieving the goods of a ship you've just sunk). The others might require sailing to particular locations and going ashore and exploring underwater caves on an island or something like that. Sorry if my explanation is a bit muddled, I hope you understand what I am trying to say ^_~

pacmanate
07-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Heehee... you don't have to apologise ^_^ Anyway, I see where you are coming from :) If underwater exploration is only available at 1/75 locations that would be disappointing. Then you would just get the hang of it and it would be over. ^^' Maybe though, they will surprise us and give us opportunities for underwater exploration in a number of the 75 locations as well as on land i.e. maybe some locations will be a mix of land and underwater exploration.^_^ Then, I'm assuming some underwater exploration opportunities will be on the Jackdaw in the middle of the ocean away from land (for example, retrieving the goods of a ship you've just sunk). The others might require sailing to particular locations and going ashore and exploring underwater caves on an island or something like that. Sorry if my explanation is a bit muddled, I hope you understand what I am trying to say ^_~

Okay Im making no sense. That meant to say "I think it would be cool if done properly". And what I meant by one location was not 1/75 I meant one out of whatever locations could be, if that makes sense. One type of location is what I am trying to say.

Underwater exploration will only be available on the Jackdaw because they need that massive diving bell.

ladyleonhart
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Okay Im making no sense. That meant to say "I think it would be cool if done properly". And what I meant by one location was not 1/75 I meant one out of whatever locations could be, if that makes sense. One type of location is what I am trying to say.

Underwater exploration will only be available on the Jackdaw because they need that massive diving bell.

One type of location... do you mean if they have one massive area dedicated to underwater exploration like a shipwreck graveyard...?

The diving bell...? Yes, I get that. :) When I meant about underwater exploration on land in caves I was referring to, for example, in AC: Liberation, they allow you to do just that. Then Aveline uses air pockets to catch her breath. I haven't completed AC: Liberation yet, from what I've played though, it was kind of like the earlier Tomb Raider games where you have a bar to show how much air she has left. Does that make more sense now...?

Assassin_M
07-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Uberto Alberti
Vieri de' Pazzi
Francesco de' Pazzi
Antonio Maffei
Francesco Salviati
Bernardo Baroncelli
Stefano da Bagnone
Jacopo de' Pazzi
Emilio Barbarigo
Carlo Grimaldi
Marco Barbarigo
Silvio Barbarigo
Dante Moro[5]
Checco Orsi
Ludovico Orsi[6]
Gaspar Martínez
Pedro Llorente
Juan de Marillo
Girolamo Savonarola
The Painter
The Doctor
The Preacher
The Farmer
The Condottiero
The Merchant
The Nobleman
The Priest
The Captain Guard[8]
Oh my god....I mean sure, you can copy from the Wiki, but at least pay attention to what you copy...there`s DLC and Discovery (ANOTHER GAME) in there...ignore the red ones...now count the Assassinations in AC II...not the DLC and not the DS game...JUST AC II...the game WE GOT on 20th November 2009

ze_topazio
07-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I expect: The main game will be 14-20 hrs with Edward, an hour or two with Haytham to show what happens to Edward in Forsaken, another four hours with Connor at the end to bring the Kenway saga full circle. Two more hours of modern day which ends with the introduction of the new modern day "hero" and the tying of AC to Watch Dogs. We will find out that Ezio was a closeted ****** and that he really died from AIDs contracted in a secret affair. Edward will be the deepest and most flawed Assassin yet. We find out that Altair traveled to the future to save 1666. Aveline in her travels across the frontier comes across a mysterious thing called a tear, from which a confused Booker emerges and proceeds to rip her face apart with the skyhook. The Stupid Hoodie Guy is also dead FOR GOOD

We will get: Main game 10 hrs at best with only passing 'you blink you miss' mentions and cameos of Haytham and Connor, pointless modern day that does nothing, Ezio circle jerking, Altair actually IS YVES!, nothing happens regard. Aveline and she ends up being eaten by wolves, and Edward is a shallow Ezio clone made to appease the Ezio fanboys. Stupid Hoodie Guy lives on as Subject 17, the ghost in the machine.

Seems legit.

Patrice Désilets will be an assassination target as well.

AC2_alex
07-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Do you think the majority of assassination targets in AC4 will be other pirates or leaders of the Dutch, French, British, Spanish armies?

avk111
07-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Sorry to dwell off topic,

I think as a technical function . Ubisoft should add a bit more shadow for the eyes of Edward when putting on his hood, Whats the point of the hood if you can see his face?

pacmanate
07-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry to dwell off topic,

I think as a technical function . Ubisoft should add a bit more shadow for the eyes of Edward when putting on his hood, Whats the point of the hood if you can see his face?

I personally dont see the point in a hood at all. Ezio practically screamed his head off that he was a living Auditore, Connor just looks into the eyes of Templars at the Tea Party. The hood is useless. Same goes for Desmond. What did he think was going to happen when he walked into Abstergo with a hoody? Suspicious much? Especiall when his hidden blade is not even hidden.

So much fail.

MadJC1986
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I personally dont see the point in a hood at all. Ezio practically screamed his head off that he was a living Auditore, Connor just looks into the eyes of Templars at the Tea Party. The hood is useless. Same goes for Desmond. What did he think was going to happen when he walked into Abstergo with a hoody? Suspicious much? Especiall when his hidden blade is not even hidden.

So much fail.

This. The only game, where the hood made sense, was AC1.
As Edward is a pirate, a typical pirate hat would fit him better than a hood.

ACfan443
07-07-2013, 02:13 PM
What I want: larger emphasis on stealth gameplay than on combat, at least 90% of the targets having an open ended mission structure, ambient music, AI that doesn't prompt every guard within 100 miles to run over and attack you, explosions and 'epic moments' to be kept to a minimum, fewer cutscenes & more seamless transitions between cutscenes and ingame, and closure to any present day loose threads.

What I expect: none of the above.

pacmanate
07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
What I want: larger emphasis on stealth gameplay than on combat, at least 90% of the targets having an open ended mission structure, ambient music, AI that doesn't prompt every guard within 100 miles to run over and attack you, explosions and 'epic moments' to be kept to a minimum, fewer cutscenes & more seamless transitions between cutscenes and ingame, and closure to any present day loose threads.

What they need to fix and this is a MUST, is if you kill someone who is behind a guard, they dont automatically turn around to look at the body 8 metres behind them

ze_topazio
07-07-2013, 02:22 PM
The hood didn't made sense in AC1 as well, Altair did not had a public or personal life, people recognizing him or not was irrelevant.

Assassin_M
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
The hood didn't made sense in AC1 as well, Altair did not had a public or personal life, people recognizing him or not was irrelevant.
Well for one, every person young and old knew that the Assassins wore white conspicuous robes and hoods...

pacmanate
07-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Well for one, every person young and old knew that the Assassins wore white conspicuous robes and hoods...

Its more a symbol than an actual thing to hide your face I think. But Ezio was stupid, shouting his name everywhere. Same goes for Connor just staring Templars in the eye like "HEEHEH no tetley for you!"

x___Luffy___x
07-07-2013, 03:51 PM
What they need to fix and this is a MUST, is if you kill someone who is behind a guard, they dont automatically turn around to look at the body 8 metres behind them

agree. this really needs to be fixed, its ridiculous.

but i dont think it will happen.

avk111
07-07-2013, 04:15 PM

So much fail.

Suspension of Disbelief much :P

Still highly recommend the shadow on the eyes technical image , you guys do realize that every title so far had the symbolical aspect of that on their main game poster whether on the Disc's cover or title cover. Symbolical Competency should always be there.

avk111
07-07-2013, 04:18 PM

Hate to break it to you . but from my readings so far, the general public didnt know it was only the templars and probably high class political figures.

Proof #1: In AC1 the only person who recognise your identity is a high class templar knight.
Proof #2: Haytham mentioned that Assassins, that how he discovered that Assassin during his adventure who was the actual hidden blade weilder and transmitted it to Haytham (forgot his name sorry) always walk around in Hoods in the Forsaken Novel

ArabianFrost
07-07-2013, 04:24 PM

Official stats coming off the tongue of Ashraf say that you can stealth your way through 85% of the campaign. Considering the campaign is not all assassination and the game has more asssassination targets, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume that you can non-linearly play through more than 90% of the game. As for the AI, Darby said that the enemy will be less resilient (than AC3 I suppose the comparison would be)when they come to chase you, so that you can get back to stealth mode quickly if you get spotted.

I Emerge I
07-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I want air assassinations to be classed as stealth kills again it sucked airing someone then all the guards on the other sides of a 50ft wall would hear it and come running......

ladyleonhart
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Its more a symbol than an actual thing to hide your face I think. But Ezio was stupid, shouting his name everywhere. Same goes for Connor just staring Templars in the eye like "HEEHEH no tetley for you!"

I thought the Templars thought they got rid of all the Assassins in ACIII... As for Connor's part, Haytham most likely knew early on that Achilles took him under his wing. So that scene at the end of Boston Tea Party did work, as Connor didn't have to hide from them. ^_~ It's one of my favourite parts anyway! xD

Jexx21
07-07-2013, 07:01 PM

So much fail.

yea, because you can expect someone to not make mistakes when they are first interacting with the templars

EDIT: just to be clear, this is in defense of both Ezio and Connor.

pacmanate
07-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought the Templars thought they got rid of all the Assassins in ACIII... As for Connor's part, Haytham most likely knew early on that Achilles took him under his wing. So that scene at the end of Boston Tea Party did work, as Connor didn't have to hide from them. ^_~ It's one of my favourite parts anyway! xD

He didn't in Forsaken they didn't know until later. Same goes for the game. A sequence after the Tea Party starts with Connors voice overs saying that he must not give away that he is an Assassin and that he must tread carefully.

yea, because you can expect someone to not make mistakes when they are first interacting with the templars

EDIT: just to be clear, this is in defense of both Ezio and Connor.

First impressions last. If you wear the same clothes for years and come out shouting your name then there is no need to wear a hood.

ladyleonhart
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM

He didn't in Forsaken they didn't know until later. Same goes for the game. A sequence after the Tea Party starts with Connors voice overs saying that he must not give away that he is an Assassin and that he must tread carefully.

Right... ok :) If they didn't know who Connor was at the Tea Party though, then it didn't matter if he did that. Charles Lee probably thought that Connor was taunting him because he's Native American, and they were trying to buy his village. Also, I think Connor had plenty of reasons to hate Charles Lee, and I think it was great they added that. He's an assassin, but he's still human. ^_~

As for Ezio, he should've known better, he was much older than Connor when his problems began.

Anyway, I like your caption for that scene though! xD LOL

Jexx21
07-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Connor and Ezio were roughly the same age when they made their first real move against the Templars (Connor's being the Boston Tea Party and Ezio's assassination of Uberto Alberti): 17.

Connor actually had more legitimate Assassin training than Ezio did beforehand, seeing as Connor began training with Achilles in 1770.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2013, 06:08 AM
IMO the hood shouldn't be as hotly debated as it is... It's just an aesthetic feature, it doesn't have to be explained in-universe. The Assassin hood is a cultural icon now, and it looks cool, so why complain about it? Besides, pirates wore all kinds of hats and bandannas; a hood probably won't look that out-of-place in comparison.

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 10:07 AM
IMO the hood shouldn't be as hotly debated as it is... It's just an aesthetic feature, it doesn't have to be explained in-universe. The Assassin hood is a cultural icon now, and it looks cool, so why complain about it? Besides, pirates wore all kinds of hats and bandannas; a hood probably won't look that out-of-place in comparison.

Personally I think it works well for a pirate. I like it better without the beak as well in Edwards case.

I always felt like the hood made sense for Altair and Ezio, but for Connor? It felt too modern and weird imo.

IWGCJoeCool
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Connor and Ezio were roughly the same age when they made their first real move against the Templars (Connor's being the Boston Tea Party and Ezio's assassination of Uberto Alberti): 17.

Connor actually had more legitimate Assassin training than Ezio did beforehand, seeing as Connor began training with Achilles in 1770.

i'll have to debate that a little, as Ezio in AC2 was introduced to a string of "acquaintances" as the story progressed, and all turned out to be members of the Order who expanded his knowledge and training, even though he didn't realize it. as for Connor, it seemed to me that he wasn't really indoctrinated at all by Achilles, other than some stories and the gift of the robes and a few weapons.

as for what we want, and should expect from AC-IV... i'm going carefully down that path. I came late to the AC party, being knocked out at E3 last year about AC3. they showed us enough to wet our whistles, but then their was the whole Haytham part and that little twist before we saw any of it. it's the same this year, and same with the E3 presentations, and i'm sure there will be whole and more unexpected stuff going on. i'm looking forward to the unexpected as it happens in late October, that's part of the charm. I haven't been disappointed yet, and unlike other things, the EA/Mass Effect debacle, i'm happy to let, to trust the Ubisoft/AC guys to deliver, and happy to experience their vision. they run the risk of losing me with a poor effort, but would have to really muck it around to do that. and hey, Star Trek V didn't kill it, and I went to see the rest anyway :nonchalance:.

JC

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I know not everyone wants this, but... what can we expect...?

"Pirates" of course ^_~

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but it refers to the 'Golden Age of Piracy in ACIV' and it's official. Then I thought it'd be interesting and maybe it'll give us some more clues :)

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Poster_Hi_Res_Flat.jpg

Shahkulu101
07-08-2013, 01:23 PM
What I want most is very good platforming levels which are up to the standards of AC2's tombs; they were the right length and the final reward was terrific. AC3's Captain Kidd missions were ok but not up to previous standards as they were very short and the final reward, although generally useful, was a little underwhelming.

salman147
07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
What I want most is very good platforming levels which are up to the standards of AC2's tombs; they were the right length and the final reward was terrific. AC3's Captain Kidd missions were ok but not up to previous standards as they were very short and the final reward, although generally useful, was a little underwhelming.

Platforming levels should be worth thinking and using one's brain.And not holding the sprint button and pointing at an open direction like all AC platforming levels.
AC devs should learn from puzzles of God Of War games and riddle trophies of Batman Arkham City.AC games always had too easy platforming sections.Who agrees with me??????

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 01:35 PM

If the standards are good, maybe your wish is going to come true. That is, Assassin tombs are making a comeback in ACIV, and apparently they are going to be like the ones in ACII. ^_~

Ashraf Ismail: 'Black Flag will have some “Assassin tombs like in [Assassin's Creed 2].”' (20 June 2013)

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
If the standards are good, maybe your wish is going to come true. That is, Assassin tombs are making a comeback in ACIV, and apparently they are going to be like the ones in ACII. ^_~

Ashraf Ismail: 'Black Flag will have some “Assassin tombs like in [Assassin's Creed 2].”' (20 June 2013)

^_~

salman147
07-08-2013, 01:39 PM
By the way,I hope we get these things(although it's too late for asking new things):
1)Better more exciting story.(Check.Devs are working on that)
2)Harder challenging combat and stealth missions.(Check)
3)More unlockables,more weapons,more armor(that are ''useful'' and necessary),more upgrades and more customization.
4)More open ended missions with more ways to kill and more replay value.
5)Some challenges that can unlock stuffs.Like in Hitman Absolution.
6)More assassinations.
7)More complex mission layout.

salman147
07-08-2013, 01:40 PM
By the way,I hope we get these things(although it's too late for asking new things):
3)More unlockables,more weapons,more armor(that are ''useful'' and necessary),more upgrades and more customization.
6)More assassinations.

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 01:47 PM
^_~

LOL ...

Anyway, a bit of topic. Did you see the picture I posted about the 'Golden Age of Pirates'? Well... What do you think of this?

‘The ruthless CHARLES VANE showed scant respect for the Pirate Code, cheating his crew out of plunder. His face was to be MAROONED – left for dead on an uninhabitable island with 3 items and one choice:

A pistol

A single bullet

A flask of water'

Source: Lewis, Anne (2013) 'The Golden Age of Pirates', Ubi Blog, Published May 15, 2013
Link: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-history-trailer-tumblr/

What would you choose...? ^_~

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
LOL ...

Anyway, a bit of topic. Did you see the picture I posted about the 'Golden Age of Pirates'? Well... What do you think of this?

‘The ruthless CHARLES VANE showed scant respect for the Pirate Code, cheating his crew out of plunder. His face was to be MAROONED – left for dead on an uninhabitable island with 3 items and one choice:

A pistol

A single bullet

A flask of water'

A pistol. I could whack the piss out of things if I wanted to eat them. A bullet is pointless. A flash of water? No need, there will be coconuts

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
6)More assassinations.

May I draw your attention to the following:

Ubisoft Montreal...

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 02:01 PM
A pistol. I could whack the piss out of things if I wanted to eat them. A bullet is pointless. A flash of water? No need, there will be coconuts
Heehee... I wasn't sure a pistol would be useful at all without a bullet o_0; Thanks for the explanation! ^_^ Then I agree, it probably is the best option! :)

Jexx21
07-08-2013, 02:07 PM
pistol + bullet was obviously so he could commit suicide.

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 02:10 PM
pistol + bullet was obviously so he could commit suicide.

You are only allowed to choose one of three items and you are left for dead on an uninhabitable island:

1. Pistol
2. A single bullet
3. A flask of water

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Heehee... I wasn't sure a pistol would be useful at all without a bullet o_0; Thanks for the explanation! ^_^ Then I agree, it probably is the best option! :)

Actually... would there be coconuts on an 'uninhabitable' island...? ^^'

Ureh
07-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I hope freerunning isn't on-rails anymore. But do they do that because it is indeed frustrating for some gamers?

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Actually... would there be coconuts on an 'uninhabitable' island...? ^^'

Probs. It just means no animals I thinks. Theres probably a few coconut trees. I could use the flint from the pistol to start a camp fire too

Jexx21
07-08-2013, 02:44 PM
You are only allowed to choose one of three items and you are left for dead on an uninhabitable island:

1. Pistol
2. A single bullet
3. A flask of water

Your quote says three items and one choice.

That one choice is how to die, you get all of those three items.

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Your quote says three items and one choice.

That one choice is how to die, you get all of those three items.

Oh... sorry ^_~ my mistake. You are definitely right! :) Nice to see someone is paying attention! LOL

Edit: Wait a minute... That doesn't mean the "choice is how to die". It's "3 items and one choice"!

Then, I'd choose how not to die. ^_~

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Probs. It just means no animals I thinks. Theres probably a few coconut trees. I could use the flint from the pistol to start a camp fire too

Hey pacmanate, we read it wrong o_0; Jexx21 just pointed it out. Then you have 3 items including: a pistol, a single bullet and a flask of water; and one choice:

Then the choice is:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” (Gandalf from 'Lord of the Rings') ^_~

pacmanate
07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Hey pacmanate, we read it wrong o_0; Jexx21 just pointed it out. Then you have 3 items including: a pistol, a single bullet and a flask of water; and one choice:

Then the choice is:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” (Gandalf from 'Lord of the Rings') ^_~

Ohhh. Okay well.

Pistol - Use the flint to make fires and smack fish to death so I can eat them.
Bullet - Would use it to play catch. Pistol bullets were quiet large in those times.
Flash of Water - Would put it under sand so it would stay cool and leave it there forever.

Ferrith
07-08-2013, 03:53 PM

The introductory video in AC I shows Altair to mingle in a group of scholars and thus evading his Templar pursuers. I have always thought that both the white robes and the hood served that purpose, as scholars was the only group allowed to have access to heavily guarded areas - which allowed Altair to enter and leave without raising any suspicion.

ladyleonhart
07-08-2013, 11:32 PM
ACIV Black Flag promises us: Forts, Plantations and Smuggler's coves ^_~

FORTS
Strategy required = more difficult gameplay :)
'Not only can you make the mistake of getting too close to much more powerful fort than the Jackdaw can handle early in the game, but you can also accidentally become locked in a battle from multiple sides.'

Combined Naval Combat and Fort infiltration
'Once all the turrets are down we are free to enter the fort on foot – and we do so seamlessly, diving off the Jackdaw, into the shallow waters and running onto the shore.'

No "coward captains"
'The captains and soldiers are all contained within the fort, so Black Flag will not have any of the “coward captains” we saw in previous Assassin’s Creed titles. These captains will not be able to run away, forcing you to repeat the whole process at another time. “It would just be really evil of us if you go through all the effort to destroy all the turrets and you get inside and the commander just runs into his office and locks the door and you’re forced to come back later,” McDevitt says.'

PLANTATIONS
Stealth required ^_~
'You will need to sneak onto the plantations and locate a guard carrying the key to the warehouse where the goods are stored. “There are around ten plantations in the game,” McDevitt told us. “Some of them are in the cities like Kingston, Nassau and Havana and a lot of them are out in the open world.” Unlike the forts, you’ll be able to tackle and loot plantations numerous times.'

SMUGGLERS' COVES
How dedicated are you?
"hidden areas throughout the world that are meant as a reward for the most dedicated explorers out there. These are meant to be challenging to find and they aren’t very big, but the coves full of unique details and other delights that make it the perfect treasure for the best navigators."

Well... those are the main points... :)

Here's the link:
Lewis, Anne (2013) 'Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Taking on the Forts, Smugglers’ Coves and Plantations', Ubi Blog, published 28 June 2013. Available at: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-forts-plantations-smugglers-coves/

AC2_alex
07-09-2013, 02:07 AM
I liked Coward Captains. They forced you to be stealthy.

LoyalACFan
07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
I liked Coward Captains. They forced you to be stealthy.

This is the problem... You should never be FORCED to be stealthy, nor FORCED to fight, except in very limited scenarios dictated by the plot. Stealthily taking out your target and escaping should be enough of a reward that you're never scripted into stealth, but attempt it willingly. The great thing about AC1's assassination targets was that you could (usually) approach them in any number of ways, including sneaking up from behind or sprinting up to them and taking on them and their guards. I want stealth options to return, but that's just it, I want them to be OPTIONS. If you're forced to play a certain way, you get a game like AC3, where even its most ardent supporters admit the godawful hand-holding mission design.

Anyway, as for the coward captains, I thought the whole concept was kinda cheesy. "I am a Master Assassin, relentlessly stalking my target... oh ****, he went inside that tower that I intend to blow up. Guess I'll come back later."

Megas_Doux
07-09-2013, 04:35 AM
AC2_alex your sig is cool, but a little too big.....

Ureh
07-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Actually coward captains don't require you to be stealthy if you know where they'll run (usually close to the tower entrance). Just plop a mine or run directly towards the tower and wait for them. I think it's nice if they include a target (or two - for variety) who'll run if they spot you. Kinda like in AC1 when it's part of the plot. But I agree that most targets should have many options for all type of play styles.

AC2_alex
07-09-2013, 04:58 AM
This is the problem... You should never be FORCED to be stealthy, nor FORCED to fight, except in very limited scenarios dictated by the plot. Stealthily taking out your target and escaping should be enough of a reward that you're never scripted into stealth, but attempt it willingly. The great thing about AC1's assassination targets was that you could (usually) approach them in any number of ways, including sneaking up from behind or sprinting up to them and taking on them and their guards. I want stealth options to return, but that's just it, I want them to be OPTIONS. If you're forced to play a certain way, you get a game like AC3, where even its most ardent supporters admit the godawful hand-holding mission design.

Anyway, as for the coward captains, I thought the whole concept was kinda cheesy. "I am a Master Assassin, relentlessly stalking my target... oh ****, he went inside that tower that I intend to blow up. Guess I'll come back later."

Oh, of course I agree. I'm just saying, in my particular experience, when I saw the "Coward Captain" notification on the screen, I kinda perked up and was extra careful. And complete stealth was the only option.Where as, with a regular captain, I often failed complete stealth which made me disappointed. But, I was too lazy to run away, reset the guards and try again to get the job done the way I would want to do it ideally.

AC2_alex your sig is cool, but a little too big.....

Yeah, I figured it was too big. Sorry.... :( I'll change it momentarily.

done.

Megas_Doux
07-09-2013, 05:08 AM
No problem bro!

AC2_alex
07-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Bro fist!!! :D

http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/greatest-office-gifs-fist-bump.gif

hoodrat94
07-09-2013, 09:01 AM
You know what the AC devs believe?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted!
AC3 had a lot of promises, but delivered only in few aspects.
I won't believe anything coming from the devs.

pacmanate
07-09-2013, 10:23 AM
You know what the AC devs believe?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted!
AC3 had a lot of promises, but delivered only in few aspects.
I won't believe anything coming from the devs.

Its okay.

To be honest, AC3 crushed all belief in the devs for me. It ruined the franchise for me.

Ureh
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
I wasn't following the development as much as you guys so I'm not aware of everything that was "promised" to appear in the game but never did. But when I played the game this year, what I found was an unpolished game. Regardless it's still a great game bogged down by internal troubles and expectations from the audience that this was going to be the revitalisation of the series (and it kinda was). I think the devs did all they could with the time and resources they had. We underestimate how much sweat and tears and it took to create AC3. If anything the fault falls to whoever made the decision to cut whatever content is supposedly missing and to release the game in a tarnished state.

I-Like-Pie45
07-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Yves. Always blame Yves. 1666 turned in AC5? Yves' fault. Splinter Cell casualized? Yves' fault. Prince of Persia dead? Yves' fault. Batman meeting and kissing his daughter from an alternate Earth? Yves' fault. Everything can be traced back to Yves.

The development team deserved another year or two to polish up and perfect the engine and game.

ProletariatPleb
07-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Yves. Always blame Yves. 1666 turned in AC5? Yves' fault. Splinter Cell casualized? Yves' fault. Prince of Persia dead? Yves' fault. Batman meeting and kissing his daughter from an alternate Earth? Yves' fault. Everything can be traced back to Yves.

The development team deserved another year or two to polish up and perfect the engine and game.
Are you suggesting someone else calls the shots?

LoyalACFan
07-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I wasn't following the development as much as you guys so I'm not aware of everything that was "promised" to appear in the game but never did. But when I played the game this year, what I found was an unpolished game. Regardless it's still a great game bogged down by internal troubles and expectations from the audience that this was going to be the revitalisation of the series (and it kinda was). I think the devs did all they could with the time and resources they had. We underestimate how much sweat and tears and it took to create AC3. If anything the fault falls to whoever made the decision to cut whatever content is supposedly missing and to release the game in a tarnished state.

I don't think this is entirely accurate. Yes, the devs should be recognized for all their hard work on AC3, but its biggest problem was not the cut content. Things that turned out to be false promises (like canoes and frozen lakes) were only a footnote to most people's complaints. If anything, AC3's problem was that it tried to pack in too MUCH content. I never thought I'd say that about a game, but if I could sacrifice all of AC3's pointless, half-baked features like hunting, clubs, crafting, contracts, fetch quests and more in exchange for a cohesive narrative and a polished gameplay experience, well, sign me the hell up. I don't think the problem was insufficient development time, either; if anything, they bit off more than they could chew and we wound up with a muddled, unfocused mess of a game that forgets it was supposed to be an Assassin's Creed title, and contents itself with being a second-rate virtual tour of the American Revolution.

Ureh
07-09-2013, 07:18 PM
I would like them to focus only on story and gameplay too. But that's the problem, they're not. Why? Cause of yearly releases and other fans asking for a plethora of other stuff to do in the game. If they don't include side stuff in the game? A lot of other people will complain that the game feels the same and/or it's a waste of a huge city space etc. But if they do add side content then another group of fans start complaining that it detracts the identity of an AC game or that the crucial parts aren't polished enough (which I think is true too). All these half baked ideas were completely new for the dev team and they barely had 3 years to make the game. Compare that to other franchises that focus on their core gameplay for years and keep improving/adding on ther strengths after each generation. AC3 is like AC1 development in that they were delving into lots of new stuff but didn't have the time or experience. Now with resources and experience from AC3, they've no excuse this time.

P.s. I didn't know they promised canoes and frozen lakes. Thank goodnes they didn't include them.

LoyalACFan
07-09-2013, 07:36 PM
The thing is, though, they already knew what made a good Assassin's Creed game. And they abandoned nearly all of it in favor of EXTREMELY prescriptive story missions and side missions that added no fun whatsoever to the game. It's not like they were going into development completely blind like they were with AC1, so the missteps are a lot less forgivable IMO.

P.s. I didn't know they promised canoes and frozen lakes. Thank goodness they didn't include them.

Lol, why not?

Jexx21
07-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Out of the side content you say is half-baked (which I mostly agree with), I think that hunting and clubs should have stayed in, but that the challenges should be taken out. Crafting should also stay in, but it was far too in depth in AC3. I like the idea of crafting decorations for the house though, like the Ben Franklin room. I just wish that we could have used the pelts to make tangible items (like maybe robe adornments for the costumes instead of costumes that don't even make sense to have, like the pre-order costumes, Ezio's robes and Altair's robes).

LoyalACFan
07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Out of the side content you say is half-baked (which I mostly agree with), I think that hunting and clubs should have stayed in, but that the challenges should be taken out. Crafting should also stay in, but it was far too in depth in AC3. I like the idea of crafting decorations for the house though, like the Ben Franklin room. I just wish that we could have used the pelts to make tangible items (like maybe robe adornments for the costumes instead of costumes that don't even make sense to have, like the pre-order costumes, Ezio's robes and Altair's robes).

Yeah, that could have been really cool. In any case, the general idea is the same; a lot of the side content was unnecessary, and they could have left it out in favor of improving more important things.

ladyleonhart
07-10-2013, 11:53 PM
I would like them to focus only on story and gameplay too. But that's the problem, they're not. Why? Cause of yearly releases and other fans asking for a plethora of other stuff to do in the game. If they don't include side stuff in the game? A lot of other people will complain that the game feels the same and/or it's a waste of a huge city space etc. But if they do add side content then another group of fans start complaining that it detracts the identity of an AC game or that the crucial parts aren't polished enough...

This is so true. ^^ The fact is you can't please everybody.

P.s. I didn't know they promised canoes and frozen lakes. Thank goodnes they didn't include them.

Canoes were a feature in AC: Liberation :)

By the way, everyone... when did this turn into an AC3 bashing thread....? ^_~

OSantaClownO
07-11-2013, 12:03 AM
This is so true. ^^ The fact is you can't please everybody.

Canoes were a feature in AC: Liberation :)

And I guess you could say frozen lakes were featured in AC:3's Captain Kidd mission.

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
And I guess you could say frozen lakes were featured in AC:3's Captain Kidd mission.

Yeah, that's it! xD

Assassin_M
07-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Oh you`re new, you don`t know the rules yet..here it is..

you`re allowed to bash AC III ANYTIME and ANYWHERE without any one calling you out on it or saying "oh it`s getting boring...you bashing AC III all the time"
You`re not; however, allowed to bash AC II ANYTIME nor ANYWHERE..and when you`re allowed, you WILL be called out on it and people will say "oh this is getting boriiiing, you bashing AC II all the time"

:)

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh you`re new, you don`t know the rules yet..here it is..

you`re allowed to bash AC III ANYTIME and ANYWHERE without any one calling you out on it or saying "oh it`s getting boring...you bashing AC III all the time"
You`re not; however, allowed to bash AC II ANYTIME nor ANYWHERE..and when you`re allowed, you WILL be called out on it and people will say "oh this is getting boriiiing, you bashing AC II all the time"

:)

Right... I'll keep that in mind ^_~ I guess ACIV will be the next victim :(I liked ACII and ACIII though. It does seem pointless complaining about the same thing over and over again though. The fact is, when they make these games they try and cater to everyone, and everyone is different or wants or expects something different. Then how can the developers ever get it right...? Makes me feel sorry for them. ^^

I believe they are trying really hard with ACIV though and I don't think people should mock something before they try it. Then maybe everyone should "expect the unexpected"! :) Also, I think you get more out of something if you enjoy it for what it is! xD

That's just my opinion though, of course. ^_~

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Right... I'll keep that in mind ^_~ I guess ACIV will be the next victim :(

That's just my opinion though, of course. ^_~

WOAH no thank you. ACIV will not be a victim!

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM
The Bermuda Triangle... Can we expect it in ACIV...?

It's located between southern Florida, Puerto Rico (an island in the Caribbean) and Bermuda:

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/bermudatri.jpg
Source:http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/bermudatri.html

Here's the "ACIV: Black Flag" map:

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Gets-Leaked-High-Resolution-Map-Shows-New-Locations-2.jpg?1365421943

Just wondering how likely everyone thinks it is that it will be included

Well, the Bermuda Triangle, for those who don't know, is known for the mysterious disappearances of ships and aircrafts. There are may theories, of course, but other views are that there is no mystery to be solved and it is just a myth.

One idea is that the Bermuda Triangle is the location of lost city of "Atlantis". Then this got me thinking, maybe they'll use this for the 'First Civilization' in ACIV.

It would be really cool anyway! ^_~

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
WOAH no thank you. ACIV will not be a victim!

I don't want ACIV to be a victim either! I am really looking forward to it! xD Then the haters won't put me off! ^_~

I just meant that some people love ACI, some people love ACII... etc., and some, yes they do, love ACIII! I love ACIII and I thought ACII was really good too! xD There is good and bad in all the games, depending on the person. If you don't like something, why waste your time bashing it :confused: Regarding ACIII, they can't change it now and there were a lot of people who liked it. As for ACIV, it hasn't even come out yet. So, unless someone has a crystal ball...

Anyway, I hope ACIV will prove everyone wrong. If it doesn't... well, as long as I enjoy it! ^_~

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Yo guys, we really need a story trailer.

AC3's story trailer sucked, and the story sucked.

We need a good story trailer NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Assassin_M
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
AC3's story trailer sucked!
No

FrankieSatt
07-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I want an Assassin's Creed game, I'm not expecting that though. I'm expecting a Pirate Ship Simulator.

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Yo guys, we really need a story trailer.

AC3's story trailer sucked, and the story sucked.

We need a good story trailer NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have to disagree! I loved "Connor's Story Trailer" and ACIII, of course!! xD So please stop bashing it. ^^ ... if you don't mind. ^_~

As for ACIV, yes, maybe we do need one. Although, what do you expect it to feature...? I mean we have the original trailer with Blackbeard talking about Edward. We also have the one where Edward narrates and talks about why he became a pirate. if you mean one with a general overview of the story, I kind of doubt we'll see it until the beginning of October.

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 01:45 PM
No

Don't make me come over there

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM

No

Yes, you tell him! :)

Assassin_M
07-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Watch me tell him

Cross the pond, maggot..

i`ll teach you da pecking orda!!

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 02:45 PM

No

Watch me tell him

Cross the pond, maggot..

I couldn't leave it like that... That's kind of mean. :(

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Watch me tell him

Cross the pond, maggot..

Yeah well, I pee on your house.

dxsxhxcx
07-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Also, I think you get more out of something if you enjoy it for what it is! xD

I want to see you repeat this if/when they decide to turn AC into a shooter... :p

ladyleonhart
07-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I want to see you repeat this if/when they decide to turn AC into a shooter... :p

That's not what I meant. ^^' Also, that would be ridiculous! >_<; If AC became a shooter that would not be AC. Then that is taking what I said to extremes. The point I was trying to make was each game will never be a clone of the original. If it was, what would be the point? Everyone would soon get bored. It would become very repetitive. Then, change can be good if it is done in a sensible way.

If what you say becomes a reality, sadly it would most likely mark the end for AC for a lot of people. :( By the way, why do you think AC will become a shooter...?

FrankieSatt
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM
That's not what I meant. ^^' Also, that would be ridiculous! >_<; If AC became a shooter that would not be AC. Then that is taking what I said to extremes. The point I was trying to make was each game will never be a clone of the original. If it was, what would be the point? Everyone would soon get bored. It would become very repetitive. Then, change can be good if it is done in a sensible way.

If what you say becomes a reality, sadly it would most likely mark the end for AC for a lot of people. :( By the way, why do you think AC will become a shooter...?

They turned ACIV into a Pirate Ship Simulator for the most part. What is to stop them from turning it into a shooter? It wouldn't shock me nor surprise me, given what they have done with ACIV

LoyalACFan
07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
They turned ACIV into a Pirate Ship Simulator for the most part. What is to stop them from turning it into a shooter? It wouldn't shock me nor surprise me, given what they have done with ACIV

:nonchalance:

Adding the sailing feature didn't require them to gut the game's core mechanics like making it a shooter would...

x___Luffy___x
07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
i dont think an AC shooter game would happen. i think the developers arent that crazy , they probably know that much.

i really hope that for the next game they go further back in time, maybe near the AC 1 era, thats what i would like. i am loving what i am seeing so far of AC:BF.
AC is my fav franchise after all. :D

Assassin_M
07-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Ships do not intervene with AC`s core mechanics....turning it into a shooter;however, would

SixKeys
07-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Ships do not intervene with AC`s core mechanics....turning it into a shooter;however, would

They would find a way to justify it if it ever came to that.

"We just really felt like the time was right to tell the story of John Smith, an American assassin in World War 2. The Nazis-- I mean, Templars, have gotten their hands on a powerful artifact and it's up to John to save the world. Don't worry, stealth is still there. His gun has a silencer, after all."

dxsxhxcx
07-12-2013, 06:51 AM

"We just really felt like the time was right to tell the story of John Smith, an American assassin in World War 2. The Nazis-- I mean, Templars, have gotten their hands on a powerful artifact and it's up to John to save the world. Don't worry, stealth is still there. His gun has a silencer, after all."

this is what I tried to say with "shooter", they visiting settings where guns become a necessity instead of a luxury... it's clear for me that Ubisoft will milk this franchise all they can before they bury it so I can see them going to overused and "core (mechanics) breaking" settings in the near future

Assassin_M
07-12-2013, 06:55 AM

My point stands...It wasn't about whether they`ll ever make AC a shooter or not...it`s about how Ships do not intervene with AC`s core mechanics as much as a shooter would

ladyleonhart
07-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone :)

From what I've seen and read about ACIV, there is no reason to suggest that it will be a shooter. Then we can't expect ACIV to be a shooter anyway. ^_~

However, because many of you have a lot to say abut AC becoming a shooter in the future, I've made a thread just for you titled: 'Assassin's Creed Shooter...?'

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/780555-Assassin-s-Creed-Shooter

So please feel free to use that for AC shooter talk. Also, if you really think that it might be a possibility in the future, it might be a good idea for us to let the developers know that we don't agree, in the nicest way, of course. ^_~

Cornik22
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM
The Bermuda Triangle... Can we expect it in ACIV...?
Yes, it is a myth. And yes, it has already been confirmed that whatever the assasins and templars are looking for is inside a TWCB temple somwehere inside the Bermuda Triangle (probably underwater, if you ask me).

ProletariatPleb
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Soooo Benjamin Hornigold and Woodes Rogers are Templars..hmmm

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, it is a myth. And yes, it has already been confirmed that whatever the assasins and templars are looking for is inside a TWCB temple somwehere inside the Bermuda Triangle (probably underwater, if you ask me).

Thank you for the information! :) When I added the post I didn't know there was already a thread about it, but pacmanate pointed it out. As for it being a temple underwater, that does link in well with the myth of Atlantis, which supposedly sank. ^_~

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Read my thread about the Bermuda Triangle if you havent already! - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/771686-Pyramids-of-Crystal-Glass-(AC4-Spoilers-do-not-read-if-you-don-t-want-spoilers)

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Soooo Benjamin Hornigold and Woodes Rogers are Templars..hmmm

Thanks for the info! xD I wasn't sure who'd be the Templars in this one. Have they confirmed it then...? As for Woodes Rogers, I did some reading and he does seem like a likely candidate for being a Templar. Apparently, he was appointed the Governor of the Bahamas by King George I and he tried to suppress piracy in his name. Also, in the trailer 'Under the Black Flag', which Edward narrates, he does mention that he sailed for a king. I wonder what King George did to make him angry. Anyway, that's two reasons for Woodes Rogers to be Edward's enemy. If Woodes is a Templar, of course, that would make it three. ^_~

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info! xD I wasn't sure who'd be the Templars in this one. Have they confirmed it then...?
http://puu.sh/3AYnn/670fc68997.jpg

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks again! xD

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 01:57 PM
The present day of ACIV... Well, we know we are going to be playing as an Abstergo employee hired as a researcher and in the first person. Then, I found an article titled: 'Assassin’s Creed 4 has connected single-player sections', which highlights what we can expect. ^_~ The information is from Ashraf again, of course :)

'The present-day sections of Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag have a subtle opt-in multiplayer component.'

Ashraf Ismail on playing as an Abstergo employee:

You are connected with others, even in single-player:

'“The biggest thing that we were getting into with Assassin’s Creed 4 is the concept that even in a single-player story – we still have multiplayer, to be clear – but even in the single-player, that you’re connected. “You [will] feel that there’s other people also playing the game and somehow you can interact, or somehow you can take advantage with each other.”

Sharing information with other research analysts like you:

“The coworkers with you – we want you to feel that your friends are co-workers. So other people playing Black Flag are also research analysts. So when they can find stuff in the world, they can share it with you. When they do research, and when you’re doing research, you can share that information and you get a boost for it. Even in a single-player story where there’s a narrative, this is a really big strength of next gen.”

However:

'if you really don’t want your mates mucking about in your single-player campaign, you can go offline.'

The Assassin/Templar feud is important in the past and present and fans will appreciate this:

“We’re pushing the narrative of the Assassin/Templar feud both in the present day and in the past. The reason you’re researching Edward Kenway is he did something very special in the past, very specific. Fans, especially people who know the deep, deep details of the lore, they’ll see what his purpose was. He did something very significant that actually touches upon the other games. If you’re not into that kind of stuff it’s OK, they’re just details.”

Learn more about Desmond's fate:

'Some of the extra content that fans will be able to uncover will reveal more about the fate of Desmond Miles.'

Source: Hillier, Brenna (2013) 'Assassin’s Creed 4 has connected single-player sections', VG247, published 17 June 2013.
Link: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/17/assassins-creed-4-has-connected-single-player-sections/

Ureh
07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
"this is a really big strength of next gen."

That means the co-op in SP option is only on ps4/xb1 right?

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 02:31 PM

Well that will be a stupid next gen only feature :S

ladyleonhart
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM

I guess so. ^^ They're still keeping rather quiet about the next-gen features of ACIV at the moment. As for the next-gen consoles, they do boast about social connectivity. So I guess that's what they are referring to.

Edit: Found this article: Rosenberg, Adam, (2013) Assassin’s Creed IV’ offers first person “fan service” and introduces white whale sharing', published 12 July 2013. Available at: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/assassins-creed-iv-offers-first-person-fan-service-and-white-whale-sharing/

An extract, which explains it:

'The idea of multiple Abstergo employees fiddling with the Animus is leveraged in other ways, however. Particularly on next-gen platforms, in embracing the idea of “always connected” play that Microsoft and Sony both have been espousing since the new hardware was announced. “We have these really rare events in the world that can happen. If you play for 48 hours, you might see one. An example would be the white whale. Seeing the white whale, which is a unique [and] it has unique resources that you can gain from it, if you have a lot of friends and they’re all playing, they’re all Abstergo employees researching Edward… when one of them sees this event, any one of them, they can very quickly with one button press share it to all their friends,” Ismail explains.

“What it does is it actually plops that event into your world, so now that event exists in your world. You see an icon for it and it’ll live for about 24 hours. So if you don’t want to do it then it’ll disappear and you just missed out on it. But you have an advantage in being able to share these types of events with your friends. It’s cool that you have a lot of people that are sharing all these events. There’s the white whale, but there’s also special convoys, special treasure chests, and they’re all linked to the system. So the idea is we want you to feel like your friends are co-workers with you at Abstergo.”

This particular feature is unique to the unreleased consoles, but Black Flag is a cross-gen game, and the dev team’s aim was to produce an experience that is roughly equivalent, regardless of the platform that you’re playing on. With the exception of a handful of features – including some that aren’t announced, but that will make use of new peripherals like the improved Kinect and DualShock 4 – Ismail says the differences are negligible.'

Then I think, yes, it will be for next-gen consoles only.

Ureh
07-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the info, ladyleonhart.

ladyleonhart
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Not all Abstergo employees are Templars, right...? Heehee, correct me if I am wrong...? :)

Anyway, in ACIV, as the modern day character we are supposedly new to Abstergo [This is probably for people who are new to AC]. Then, we are not supposed to know about the Assassin/Templar feud and we don't know why we are researching Edward Kenway, but along the way we learn what the Templars want. So that part, we can expect. ^_~

I was wondering though, do you think they'll let us interact with other Abstergo employees and perhaps let us choose how to respond? Or do you think if we can interact with other employees, they will just talk at us? ^^'

Also, do you think they will let us choose a side i.e. Assassins or Templars... and consequently give us different endings based on the choice we make...? Of course, this is just speculation but I think it would be interesting and it would offer replay value. Although, I would choose the Assassins, but it would be nice to see the other perspective, and I know some of you do agree with the Templars more than the Assassins.

Ureh
07-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Templar ideas are nice, but execution is flawed imo. Ends don't justify the means, sometimes.

So far Ubi seems to always/only shed the Templars in a bad light, making them the obvious choice to oppose. But who knows? Maybe the series is building up to be MMO(esque) and they're testing the waters.

ladyleonhart
07-14-2013, 05:59 PM
So far Ubi seems to always/only shed the Templars in a bad light, making them the obvious choice to oppose. But who knows? Maybe the series is building up to be MMO(esque) and they're testing the waters.

You are right, of course, about their portrayal of Templars. Haytham is the only Templar I didn't mind, but maybe that's because we were forced to use him and we didn't know he was one. Also, I wanted to give him a chance because he was Connor's dad. ^_~ It's kind of sad they couldn't work things out.

Megas_Doux
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
We have the setting an the rich atmosphere!
We have - I hope though- the ambient music

Give a solid, grey story and more freedom in regards of the Assassinations and gameplay in general, and we will be talking........

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 08:11 PM
We have - I hope though- the ambient music
We do.

Megas_Doux
07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
We do.

We did in the AC3´s demo too....

It might be a "small thing" to many, but to me background music is a HUGE either turn on/off.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2013, 08:41 PM
We did in the AC3´s demo too....

It might a "small thing" to many, but to me background music is a HUGE either turn on/off.
Well they literally said that ambient music will be in the game in an interview.

Ureh
07-15-2013, 06:08 AM
I like the music in the demos. Sounds like they're worth listening to even when not playing the game.