PDA

View Full Version : Please Help. I Can't Install AEP!! UPDATED with a FIX!

marshall2121
03-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

I am having a real hard time installing this addon! Every time it starts I get a "Forgotten Battles NOT FOUND" message and then the installer exits. I have uninstalled FB, run regedit to clear the registry, then reinstalled FB to 1.0; and still have the same message when I attempt to install AEP.

I have read through the other threads regarding this problem and I have double checked all reg entries regarding FB; all of them point to the correct file path. i am launching both installs (FB and AEP) from the setup.exe icon on the CD's as I am using Win98SE and Autorun doesn't function.

Any sugestions would be appreciated..
Thanks guys!!

[This message was edited by marshall2121 on Wed March 10 2004 at 12:14 PM.]

marshall2121
03-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

I am having a real hard time installing this addon! Every time it starts I get a "Forgotten Battles NOT FOUND" message and then the installer exits. I have uninstalled FB, run regedit to clear the registry, then reinstalled FB to 1.0; and still have the same message when I attempt to install AEP.

I have read through the other threads regarding this problem and I have double checked all reg entries regarding FB; all of them point to the correct file path. i am launching both installs (FB and AEP) from the setup.exe icon on the CD's as I am using Win98SE and Autorun doesn't function.

Any sugestions would be appreciated..
Thanks guys!!

[This message was edited by marshall2121 on Wed March 10 2004 at 12:14 PM.]

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-10-2004, 12:56 PM
try this: after you've uninstalled FB and cleaned everything up, defrag, reboot and do a clean install of FB1.0 then reboot again. After that try to install from the Autorun.exe icon instead of the setup.exe

I feel for ya man, too many people having this problem.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

marshall2121
03-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Quick update.

GOT IT! i found my answer in the SIMHQ forums--but I thought I would post it hear in case someone else has the same problem.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=007645;p=2

I added the language=en_us string to the FB registry and it worked!!

Big thanks to Murdock!!!

P.s. Just did a couple of quick missions and image quality and FPS actually seem to be UP for me. If u dont have it, go get it! The Bi-planes are rock!

Thanks all

marshall2121
03-10-2004, 01:00 PM
thanks Thunderbolt56 for the reply!

I did try that--hopefully others with the same problem as me will see the registy fix and it will work for them.

Odd that the original FB install doesn't add this string (only on some machines??) I wonder if this is isolated to Win98SE users?

Thanks again