PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft at Comic-Con 2013 Discussion Thread [May contain SPOILERS]

Pages : [1] 2

catkiller97
07-03-2013, 06:42 AM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/07619aef7f4e6dadbecbe36617008113.jpg

Comic-Con: Ubisoft will be there!

We're happy to announce that we will be at Comic-Con International: San Diego from July the 17th to 21st, held in San Diego, USA.

If you join us at Ubisoft's booth (#135), you will have the opportunity to check out some of Ubisoft’s highly anticipated titles including, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, Tom Clancy’s® Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, Rayman® Legends, South Park™: The Stick of Truth™, and Watch_Dogs™ and much more!

Have a chance to meet wonderful admirable people during these 5 days!

Meet at Comic-Con Trey Parker and Matt Stone, THE creators of South Park! They will introduce you their new upcoming South Park videogame, South Park: The Stick of Truth. And if you're paying close attention, they will teach you how to be cool!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/e40e20a23e81151c7979acd4987b7a72.jpg

Learn all the Edward Kenway's dark secrets directly from Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag writer Darby McDevitt, comic book writer Brenden Fletcher and legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane!

But that's not all! Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Ubisoft has an amazing surprise for you! The Jackdaw, the ship of Captain Edward Kenway, will be exhibited on July 19 and 20 from 10:00am to 7:00pm at the 5th Avenue Landing behind the San Diego Convention Center. Be in Edward Kenway's shoes for a day!

Full Recorded Panel Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkQ8aARr2M

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/f42db5b37e9f582732f5a95d875e599b.jpg

Listen how to succeed in the most thrilling mission of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist to date by taking advice from Ubisoft Toronto’s Creative Director Maxime Beland, Game Director Patrick Redding, and Art Director Scott Lee! Comic Writer Nathan Edmondson will also provide unrevealed details on the companion comic, Splinter Cell Echoes.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/09777b158387b103a7d7243c234ca308.jpg

Aficionados of Watch_Dogs, challenge Aiden Pearce's computer & technology skills thanks to the security consultants from Kaspersky Lab®! Aisha Tyler will be the beautiful host of the panel.

Kevin Shortt, lead story designer, will explain what it’s like writing for a next-generation game, as well as unveiling never-before-seen footage.

Full Recorded Panel Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-XPMg5jiuE

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/02619609c75ff29d3674735fd2d8b3ca.jpg

We won't reveal any more today… but don't forget to keep an eye on our official Uplay website so that you never miss any of our announcements (like the next Uplay rewards for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag).

Enjoy the Comic-Con International: San Diego! convention and feel free to share your pictures of you on the Jackdaw on our social media

silvermercy
07-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I'll add this here as well... It's from the Japan Expo. Found it in a forum.
http://www.figuradictos.net/t7013-exclusividades-japan-expo-de-francia-play-arts-kai-raiden-edward-y-connor-square-enix

I can't speak very good French but it looks like there'll be some Play Arts figures for AC4?? A premiere for some Connor and Edward prototypes??
Square Enix collaborating with Ubisoft!? lol

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad279/rocklee_san/alpha01/Square%20Enix/Miru_Mirt13725809501.jpg

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 09:55 AM
All I hear is "closed demo", "closed demo" and "closed demo. As opposed from Watch_Dogs, AC4 will be hurt by lack of footage to the public.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
AC4 will be hurt by lack of footage to the public.
**** no...

AC III was overhyped and was hurt from showing too much

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 10:08 AM
**** no...

AC III was overhyped and was hurt from showing too much

It was hurt from showing too much things that may or may not necessarily land in the final product, but not actually too much footage. They showed a total of 20 minutes of gameplay, which is not quite plenty.This time, the AC4 devs give us countless promises of AC1-esque gameplay, with far more promised new, unseen features and changes, but they don't have much footage to support it. We need something like the AC1 demo of william de monfrete (that was his name?) to confirm that the AC1 vibe is there. Since when was footage bad? It certainly tells more words than semi-informative, possibly mistake-laden descriptions by journalists, that attended the demo behind closed doors.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
It was hurt from showing too much things that may or may not necessarily land in the final product
Which is exactly why showing less is better, how can you be sure EVERYTHING they show with AC IV will be there??

but not actually too much footage. They showed a total of 20 minutes of gameplay, which is not quite plenty.This time, the AC4 devs give us countless promises of AC1-esque gameplay, with far more promised new, unseen features and changes, but they don't have much footage to support it. We need something like the AC1 demo of william de monfrete (that was his name?) to confirm that the AC1 vibe is there. Since when was footage bad? It certainly tells more words than semi-informative, possibly mistake-laden descriptions by journalists, that attended the demo behind closed doors.
sure, nothing bad with accurate footage, but don`t tell me that AC IV will be hurt when they show less...no way is that possible...AC II had just two 7-10 minute demos...same with AC I and both did very well..

pacmanate
07-03-2013, 10:16 AM
August seems about right for a demo 2 tbf. 2 months to release. I can live with that

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Which is exactly why showing less is better, how can you be sure EVERYTHING they show with AC IV will be there??

Plenty of footage or not, you'd think they'll learn by now that showing footage of unconfirmed features is bad? I sure hope they learn from AC3's marketing flaws, but seeing crouching made me have my doubts.

sure, nothing bad with accurate footage, but don`t tell me that AC IV will be hurt when they show less...no way is that possible...AC II had just two 7-10 minute demos...same with AC I and both did very well..

More or less, you're right, plenty of footage is not necessary, but we've all seen how it went when they tried to condense too many features into one bloated, mediocre trailer. At the great rate by which they are revealing new fautures, they will either have to do one of two things, either make gameplay which is focused on only certain major features, but risk not showing other features, or continue to make overly-packed trailers, but risk making thrm void of specific direction and possibly sub-par like the past one. Maybe Ubi can prove me wrong, cause I sure would love so. I have a tingling feeling that I will be geniunely surprised by AC4.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Plenty of footage or not, you'd think they'll learn by now that showing footage of unconfirmed features is bad? I sure hope they learn from AC3's marketing flaws, but seeing crouching made me have my doubts.

More or less, you're right, plenty of footage is not necessary, but we've all seen how it went when they tried to condense too many features into one bloated, mediocre trailer. At the great rate by which they are revealing new fautures, they will either have to do one of two things, either make gameplay which is focused on only certain major features, but risk not showing other features, or continue to make overly-packed trailers, but risk making thrm void of specific direction and possibly sub-par like the past one. Maybe Ubi can prove me wrong, cause I sure would love so. I have a tingling feeling that I will be geniunely surprised by AC4.
showing footage intelligently is fine, it was great AC I - ACB.

Cohesive and focused demos, organized trailers (E3 trailer > Gameplay trailer > story trailer >launch trailer) and a developer diary series...that was perfect

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
showing footage intelligently is fine, it was great AC I - ACB.

Cohesive and focused demos, organized trailers (E3 trailer > Gameplay trailer > story trailer >launch trailer) and a developer diary series...that was perfect

Completely agree. These dev diaries/"Inside AC#:" always show new footage brilliantly and are packed with relevant info. Also, Q&As. I won't reminisce about UbiGabe's(he's still awesome), but things like Loomer's Q&A and the twitter Q&A reveal more than any game journalist or gameplay, but again, it all boils down to, "can we trust anything they say?".

ladyleonhart
07-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I can't speak very good French but it looks like there'll be some Play Arts figures for AC4?? A premiere for some Connor and Edward prototypes??

I really hope so!! xD Square Enix make the best figures!! :) I have lots of "Final Fantasy" ones! I'd love to add Connor and Edward to my collection!! ^_~

From experience, though, if anyone wants to buy these, buy them as soon as they are released to get the best price. People who are not fans see Play Arts figure as a way to make money. Then they buy up as many as they can and sell them at extortionate prices. o_0; It's really not fair! >_< I've missed out on some figures because people expect you to pay £100 or much more, when the retail price varies from: £40 - £60. For example, I went to the Royal Albert Hall for the "Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy" concert last November and they were selling FF merchandise. Then I got a Play Arts Lightning XIII-2 for £40! ^_^ Then in the past I tried to buy the ACII Ezio Play Arts figure for my brother, which people think it is okay to sell for £200... Yeah right. They can keep it. Then it would be better for everyone if you could only get them from the specific game developers stores and Square Enix. Also, buying them at Comic-Cons and other official game-related events is a good way.

silvermercy
07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I really hope so!! xD Square Enix make the best figures!! :) I have lots of "Final Fantasy" ones! I'd love to add Connor and Edward to my collection!! ^_~

From experience, though, if anyone wants to buy these, buy them as soon as they are released to get the best price. People who are not fans see Play Arts figure as a way to make money. Then they buy up as many as they can and sell them at extortionate prices. o_0; It's really not fair! >_< I've missed out on some figures because people expect you to pay £100 or much more, when the retail price varies from: £40 - £60. For example, I went to the Royal Albert Hall for the "Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy" concert last November and they were selling FF merchandise. Then I got a Play Arts Lightning XIII-2 for £40! ^_^ Then in the past I tried to buy the ACII Ezio Play Arts figure for my brother, which people think it is okay to sell for £200... Yeah right. They can keep it. Then it would be better for everyone if you could only get them from the specific game developers stores and Square Enix. Also, buying them at Comic-Cons and other official game-related events is a good way.

That's good advice indeed!

I've got some FF figures as well! xD
Sephiroth and Kadaj! haha! I want to get Reno so badly. Oh and I want to go to Japan and visit their amazing Squeenix store!!! With the life-size Sephiroth on the floor!

You went to the Royal Albert Hall? I tried to find tickets everywhere and they were sold out. Only the ones at extortionate prices were left... (I even entered a contest to meet Nobue Uematsu... nope! lol)

If Ubi had a store like this here... oh boy...

http://www.gamesabyss.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SquareEnixStore1.jpg

http://www.thejapanguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SquareEnix6b.png

I guess Connor and Edward will be up there ^ to join them soon enough!

ladyleonhart
07-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Sephiroth and Kadaj! haha! I want to get Reno so badly. Oh and I want to go to Japan and visit their amazing Squeenix store!!! With the life-size Sephiroth on the floor!

You went to the Royal Albert Hall? I tried to find tickets everywhere and they were sold out. Only the ones at extortionate prices were left... (I even entered a contest to meet Nobue Uematsu... nope! lol)

Heehee, I want to visit Sephiroth in Japan too!!! xD

Yes, I went to "Distant Worlds" at the Royal Albert Hall on 2 November 2012! It was for FF's 25th Anniversary!! I sat at my computer from 8am just to get tickets. I was so stressed out that I wouldn't get any because of the amount of people all on the site. Also, they didn't let you choose the tickets you wanted, just the area. I bought them and then cried, thinking they might be terrible. o_0; To my surprise, they were perfect! Also, it was my first time at an FF concert and I loved it so much!! They had scenes from the games while the orchestra played the music. Also, we got to sing along to FFVII Advent Children's version of "One-Winged Angel"!! They had the words on screen! Nobuo Uematsu was there too!! :) Crystal Kay sang "Eyes on Me" from FFVIII! I actually cried because I was so happy!! ^_~

I'm sorry you missed out silvermercy. I guess I was very lucky. Hopefully, they'll come back again and I'm signed up to the newsletter. So, if I hear anything I will let you know. :)

As for Reno, he's so funny in Advent Children don't you think...? ^_~ He has some great lines! xD LOL

Ureh
07-03-2013, 01:57 PM

They worked together during AC2 for an Ezio figure as well.

pacmanate
07-03-2013, 06:16 PM
They worked together during AC2 for an Ezio figure as well.

I am so sorry but I keep reading your name as "Urea". I cant be the only one... right?!

ACfan443
07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I am so sorry but I keep reading your name as "Urea". I cant be the only one... right?!

I kept reading megas_doux's username as 'megan_doux' and assumed they were female :/ (unless they actually are)

lasha7716
07-04-2013, 01:18 AM
somewhere i read that Jackdaw will have 3 levels to explore so they meant in-game Jackdaw or the one they'll be showing on Comic-con?

Kaschra
07-04-2013, 01:25 AM

http://www.gamesabyss.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SquareEnixStore1.jpg

http://www.thejapanguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SquareEnix6b.png

I have that Lightning and Fang Play Art figure :D

prince162010
07-04-2013, 04:24 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1012301_10151511548923443_1445544363_n.jpg

What do you think guys?? it seems that they are going to make the single player demo public for everyone

dex3108
07-04-2013, 08:51 AM
What do you think guys?? it seems that they are going to make the single player demo public for everyone

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Friday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. room 6BCF: Featuring a live demo and in-depth look at the Golden Age of Pirates, meet and ask questions to the current torchbearers for the Assassin’s Creed franchise including Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag writer Darby McDevitt, comic book writer Brenden Fletcher and legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane.

We will see demo on panel but will it be old one from E3 or new one we will see :D

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Friday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. room 6BCF: Featuring a live demo and in-depth look at the Golden Age of Pirates, meet and ask questions to the current torchbearers for the Assassin’s Creed franchise including Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag writer Darby McDevitt, comic book writer Brenden Fletcher and legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane.

We will see demo on panel but will it be old one from E3 or new one we will see :D

Guess I will clear this up just like last year. Firstly "Seems like they are making the demo live for everyone"... Erm. Where does it say this? The picture states that people that go to comic con will see a demo on the Jackdaw replica. It does not say this will be streamed anywhere.

Secondly. "Featuring a live demo". Does this say "Featuring a live demo that will be streamed?" No. It says featuring a live demo. Meaning, someone on the Jackdaw will be playing the demo for the audience in real time, and the demo shown wont be pre recorded and on a loop. Notice how there is a room name and a time schedule for people that go to the event.

This is why people get pissed. Misinterpreted information. Im not saying we wont see it at any point, but nothing you two have said, nor your sources, even indicate a stream.

dex3108
07-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Well last two ComicCon panels were streamed on GameSpot as far as i remember.

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Well last two ComicCon panels were streamed on GameSpot as far as i remember.

This is why people get pissed. Misinterpreted information. Im not saying we wont see it at any point, but nothing you two have said, nor your sources, even indicate a stream.

That picture states live demo as being someone playing the demo live. Nothing more.

SixKeys
07-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Guess I will clear this up just like last year. Firstly "Seems like they are making the demo live for everyone"... Erm. Where does it say this? The picture states that people that go to comic con will see a demo on the Jackdaw replica. It does not say this will be streamed anywhere.

Secondly. "Featuring a live demo". Does this say "Featuring a live demo that will be streamed?" No. It says featuring a live demo. Meaning, someone on the Jackdaw will be playing the demo for the audience in real time, and the demo shown wont be pre recorded and on a loop. Notice how there is a room name and a time schedule for people that go to the event.

Thank you. This is how rumors get started and blown out of proportion. Of course, it doesn't help that Ubisoft employees are often all too happy to allow people to believe them. I still remember how people were talking about the Devs & Dolls podcast showing exclusive AC3 footage for weeks and no-one, not even the mods, tried to dispel the rumors. Even when the stream started, people in the live chat were all excited asking when the new footage would be shown and no-one told them "there will be no footage" until the whole thing was over.

catkiller97
07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Comic Con will be streamed live via IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/13/ign-will-stream-live-from-comic-con):)

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 01:01 PM
But it doesnt say what :P

catkiller97
07-18-2013, 08:13 AM
AC4 composer Brian Tyler guest conducts new AC4 music for Video Games Live at SDCC! Streamed on Twitch.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/15/4525762/twitch-to-stream-video-games-live-concert-from-comic-con

Spider_Sith9
07-18-2013, 10:06 AM
AC4 composer Brian Tyler guest conducts new AC4 music for Video Games Live at SDCC! Streamed on Twitch.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/15/4525762/twitch-to-stream-video-games-live-concert-from-comic-con

Twitch's channel?

ACfan443
07-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Ashraf confirmed on his twitter that a plantation demo will be showcased at comic con, and that the Havana demo will be revealed later on but not today.

White24Room
07-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Can't to see this demo !!

x___Luffy___x
07-18-2013, 09:36 PM
anyone know in how much time will the plantation demo will stream ?

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Ashraf confirmed on his twitter that a plantation demo will be showcased at comic con, and that the Havana demo will be revealed later on but not today.

But did he say that its going to be livestreamed?

ACfan443
07-18-2013, 09:58 PM
But did he say that its going to be livestreamed?

He didn't mention anything about a live stream, I don't think there'll be one. There wasn't one last year.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Saw this on tumblr...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3626507233fe4cf78881db5498c36b92/tumblr_mq5l5q9gaH1r4fggfo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/40500a14663de0f6a65a944e8f721b23/tumblr_mq5l5q9gaH1r4fggfo2_500.jpg

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Saw this on tumblr...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3626507233fe4cf78881db5498c36b92/tumblr_mq5l5q9gaH1r4fggfo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/40500a14663de0f6a65a944e8f721b23/tumblr_mq5l5q9gaH1r4fggfo2_500.jpg
I assume that's the fully upgraded Jackdaw?

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I assume that's the fully upgraded Jackdaw?
Yes, with wi-fi and everything. :p

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Yes, with wi-fi and everything. :p

I see the Assassins are ahead of the times :P

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 01:41 AM
And the night ones as well...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/946303_335890969877580_1929326313_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1069289_335890966544247_353874725_n.jpg

xryanx28
07-19-2013, 06:45 AM
the whole thing will be posted on youtube.com/assassinscreed confirmed on @Assassinscreed

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:56 AM
All that money could`v gone to starving children in africa...

every party needs a pooper

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 07:21 AM
All that money could`v gone to starving children in africa...

every party needs a pooper

But you keep pooping on everything, even the Game length article..maybe you should check with a doctor about this diarrhoea of yoursm

catkiller97
07-19-2013, 10:14 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/999045_10151581730703068_908520771_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q90/1001526_605894242783585_1791635320_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/1004065_605894226116920_782313088_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/s720x720/1002299_10151581732003068_1764814215_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/181799_10151581730663068_1461941517_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q72/s720x720/946933_10151581730718068_1834949585_n.jpg

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:49 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q72/s720x720/946933_10151581730718068_1834949585_n.jpg

Yes please

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 11:45 AM

Dat Leg~ When's the Edward turns Female DLC! :p

Man it must've been hot for her. Can't tell which was hotter though. j/k :P Also, why is it that every since cosplay post always seem to have at least ONE Jessica Nigri pic? xD

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Dat Leg~ When's the Edward turns Female DLC! :p

Man it must've been hot for her. Can't tell which was hotter though. j/k :P Also, why is it that every since cosplay post always seem to have at least ONE Jessica Nigri pic? xD
That's not Jessica Nigri I think.
But yeah... I've seen the comments on facebook for this pic. A lot of people are not happy that they always choose to show a fetishised female assassin. It's like no pants and high heels are always compulsory for their main promo shots. :rolleyes: No other cosplayers exist...

But I love the running Edward cosplayer on top of the restaurant!! Now that's in character.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
But yeah... I've seen the comments on facebook for this pic. A lot of people are not happy that they always choose to show a fetishised female assassin. It's like no pants and high heels are always compulsory for their main promo shots. :rolleyes: No other cosplayers exist...

But I love the running Edward cosplayer on top of the restaurant!! Now that's in character.

That was awesome! :O

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 12:14 PM

Exactly!

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 12:15 PM
But I love the running Edward cosplayer on top of the restaurant!! Now that's in character.Indeed...

He shoudl have just paid for his chocomocalatte though ;)

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Indeed...

He shoudl have just paid for his chocomocalatte though ;)
Typical pirate.... Not paying for his mocha...

SixKeys
07-19-2013, 02:23 PM

WTF is this?

Ureh
07-19-2013, 02:24 PM
That is a lot of boxes. If I got on that ship I'd loot all of them.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 02:24 PM
WTF is this?
A female or so I've heard.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 02:25 PM
WTF is this?
unnecessary is what that is..

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 06:38 PM
WTF is this?
A Yes please

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Finally (from AC Twitter)...

There's a mistake though, he still has his pants on.

http://s18.postimg.org/pls4jq1gp/edward.jpg

Now this lady looks so beautiful and awesome!! And with an equally awesome costume.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 07:14 PM

This lady said something along the lines of: "F**K NO! I would never cosplay as Connor!" on her facebook fan page.

So I don't like her.

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM
This lady said something along the lines of: "F**K NO! I would never cosplay as Connor!" on her facebook fan page.

So I don't like her.

Wow. I didn't really like her in the first place, this just elevated the disdain.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 07:55 PM

So I don't like her.

Wow. I didn't really like her in the first place, this just elevated the disdain.

Wow... She looked hot especially with that and Zettai Ryouki but now... :/

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Is Ubisoft's PR handled by ***** sweaty 13 year olds now? For me, sex doesn't sell and it's sometimes even repulsive. This isn't official though, so I guess I'm at fault myself. What's wrong with non-sexualised cosplay? I loved that awesome Connor and Aveline duo. It was very accurate and proper at the same time. It's just my opinion though, not something I think should be forced in case any of you are having thoughts.....I'm looking at you anonymous person

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Soooooo, you don't like her because she refused to cosplay as a character...okay then.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Is Ubisoft's PR handled by ***** sweaty 13 year olds now? For me, sex doesn't sell and it's sometimes even repulsive. This isn't official though, so I guess I'm at fault myself. What's wrong with non-sexualised cosplay? I loved that awesome Connor and Aveline duo. It was very accurate and proper at the same time. It's just my opinion though, not something I think should be forced in case any of you are having thoughts.....I'm looking at you anonymous person

Yeah, you tell 'em, Frost! :D

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I keep finding these on tumblr. First is from twitter I think.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a78bb601d9169ff74202878285e656ee/tumblr_mq786eonLg1r4fggfo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/93c6829a2cedc4cc3796943b2a2cbee4/tumblr_mq786eonLg1r4fggfo2_r1_500.png

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I keep finding these on tumblr. First is from twitter I think.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a78bb601d9169ff74202878285e656ee/tumblr_mq786eonLg1r4fggfo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/93c6829a2cedc4cc3796943b2a2cbee4/tumblr_mq786eonLg1r4fggfo2_r1_500.png

Dat Beard.

And that second cosplay makes me wanna just play this while staring at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPQ6n_eAAFA

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Dat Beard.
Shutup Revi.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 09:15 PM
And that second cosplay makes me wanna just play this while staring at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPQ6n_eAAFA
Ooohh... it does put you in a relaxing mood when you listen to it and stare at the sunset picture at the same time!

ACfan443
Soooooo, you don't like her because she refused to cosplay as a character...okay then.

She was rude about it. And what Frost said - that was my initial opinion but I didn't want to say cause I thought people would get offended

pacmanate
Dont know where to put this but we are getting a 13 minute demo "soon" according to the AC twitter

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi, 13 min gameplay will relaese youtube?

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi, 13 min gameplay will relaese youtube?

yup!

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
yup!
Got the tweet where they mentioned 13 min gameplay?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw.

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks pacmante. A certain time in the video out?

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Got the tweet where they mentioned 13 min gameplay?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw.

This is the best news since the Nazis were disbanded and Morsi was ousted. 13 min? Wow! And we thought we were being spoilt before. I love the AC4 team. My favourite thus far.

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks pacmante. A certain time in the video out?

Nope sorry. Only saw it on the AC twitter. They said Soon. That could be anytime but im guessing sometime a week after comic con. Just my guess though/

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
This is the best news since the Nazis were disbanded and Morsi was ousted. 13 min? Wow! And we thought we were being spoilt before. I love the AC4 team. My favourite thus far.
Yeah y'know, those nazi jokes could get you into trouble. I remember Mario got into a fix because of them.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Never got such a tweet! :(

*bites nails*

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you again. Maybe it is in this day? : (

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Thank you again. Maybe it is in this day? : (

Saying the word "soon" at this time implies *deep breath* hopefully that it would release in the comic-con time frame and not in Gamescom, so expect it by tomorrow or Sunday.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah y'know, those nazi jokes could get you into trouble. I remember Mario got into a fix because of them.

Well, can even Morsi jokes get me into trouble? C'mon no one likes him.

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:44 PM
This tweet: https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/358280209373462528#

Kaschra
07-19-2013, 09:45 PM
13 Minutes? Holy ****, that's awesome! :D

These oversexualised cosplays really annoys me...

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Ooohh... it does put you in a relaxing mood when you listen to it and stare at the sunset picture at the same time!
It's starting to make me feel sad too now. ;__; Imagine if Edward was in modern day? It would be Javik all over again. :(

13 Minutes? Holy ****, that's awesome! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

These oversexualised coslays really annoys me...

Pretty long.

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Percent of you think the possibility of publishing today?

LoyalACFan
07-19-2013, 09:54 PM

Slim. Hopefully by this time next week though.

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Dude I said "soon". They would have said "today" if it was today. Just wait a week or two.

SpatialLiberado
07-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Well, thank you for your comments. :)

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 10:04 PM
13 Minutes? Holy ****, that's awesome! :D

These oversexualised cosplays really annoys me...
I like them :o

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:05 PM
There's gonna be live coverage (AC panel)...
edit: it started.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkMGVtCMAAKObT.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkM9ODCUAAN7ER.jpg:large

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
There's gonna be live coverage (AC panel)...
edit: it started.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkMGVtCMAAKObT.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkM9ODCUAAN7ER.jpg:large
Wait, is this legit?

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Wait, is this legit?
Yes, they're tweeting pics.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkNmSKCcAA73rT.jpg:large

Intros: Lead Writer Darby McDevitt, comic author Brenden Fletcher...Comic legend Todd McFarlane and Lead Actor Matt Ryan (as Edward Kenway).

Kaschra
07-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I like them :o

Do you think oversexualisation is a good thing?
Ah, forget it...

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Do you think oversexualisation is a good thing?
Ah, forget it...
No i dont think that, but i still like them.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 10:13 PM

ak ok

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPkObD-CQAAgWDt.jpg:large

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 10:15 PM
If they had female Assassins dressed scantily in game, I would get up in arms about it.

I don't care if females choose to cosplay as a male Assassin in revealing attire.

I have to admit that the girl looks good in her cosplay outfit, but her rude response to someone thinking she was cosplaying as Connor was kinda terrible.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:18 PM
If they had female Assassins dressed scantily in game, I would get up in arms about it.

I don't care if females choose to cosplay as a male Assassin in revealing attire.

I have to admit that the girl looks good in her cosplay outfit, but her rude response to someone thinking she was cosplaying as Connor was kinda terrible.
I don't care either. But I do care when they are always promoted like that. It's the over the top promotion I don't like. All other female cosplayers in normal attires be damned.

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 10:19 PM
So the twitter account said "get ready for live coverage" ...so where is this live coverage, any link?

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 10:26 PM
by live coverage they meant live-tweeting.

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM
by live coverage they meant live-tweeting.

Oh :/
Bit of a let down.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM

Intros: Lead Writer Darby McDevitt, comic author Brenden Fletcher...Comic legend Todd McFarlane and Lead Actor Matt Ryan (as Edward Kenway).

Mr. Scratch in the middle. He still hates Alan. :P

Also, CRIMINAL MINDS!!! *squee*

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Lead Writer Darby McDevitt: We've been saying it's 60/40 on land and sea, but it's fully open-world, so you can alter that.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't care either. But I do care when they are always promoted like that. It's the over the top promotion I don't like. All other female cosplayers in normal attires be damned.

As a male, the target audience for this crap, it almost feels as if I'm treated as a brainless dolt who'll just buy anything because it has boobs on it. Ughhhh, sure you can choose to do it 2 or 3 times but more than that and it feels like you're force feeding me over sexualised crap.

lothario-da-be
Lead Writer Darby McDevitt: We've been saying it's 60/40 on land and sea, but it's fully open-world, so you can alter that.
To more sea?:nonchalance:

silvermercy
As a male, the target audience for this crap, it almost feels as if I'm treated as a brainless dolt who'll just buy anything because it has boobs on it. Ughhhh, sure you can choose to do it 2 or 3 times but more than that and it feels like you're force feeding me over sexualised crap.
This.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 10:32 PM
You mean you aren't?

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2013, 10:34 PM
look at those filthy cosplayers

wouldn't you want to put duc- I mean purify those gender canon-abusing heathens with the enlightening word of Buddhist Jesus?

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 10:36 PM
You mean you aren't?
lol

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:37 PM
To more sea?:nonchalance:
I suppose it means we can choose to quickly skip through either land or sea... Or spend more time on our preferred locations...
I dunno...

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Q: Can you play as Haytham? Darby: "Oh I can't spoil something like that..." Matt: "Yeah, no... I... can't say anything either." #sdcc2013 (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sdcc2013&src=hash)

Possible Haytham sequence. Maybe Edward's death at the Kenway Mansion (obviously). There goes Connor though. :(

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Possible Haytham sequence. Maybe Edward's death at the Kenway Mansion (obviously). There goes Connor though. :(
Noooooo.... please don't show us Edward's death. :( I want to keep my happy illusion. I will be severely pissed off if they do that! I've had enough of main characters dying in the end.

No seriously... I hope they don't do that after what they did with Desmond.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:44 PM
So we'll have Indian AND Persian assassins?

AC: Brahman Comic Author Brenden Fletcher: You will see some nods to Persian Assassins in Brahman, yeah.

Q: How does Aveline play into things? Darby: It's actually a project that your Abstergo Entertainment coworkers are working on.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 10:45 PM
So we'll have Indian AND Persian assassins?
The comic guy's name is Arbaaz Mir, that's a Persian name.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 10:47 PM
The comic guy's name is Arbaaz Mir, that's a Persian name.
Oh... so it will be a Persian assassin in India... :confused:

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Lead Writer Darby McDevitt: Now, we're back in Abstergo, so you'll see that they've improved their technology. You'll see a new Animus.

My question is will the Assassins actually do some damage. The Assassins are pretty much irrelevant and since we know Abstergo are the Templars, will the Modern plot take us anywhere? Especially positive?

Ureh
07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
I love the art they've shown so far for the comic.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Lead Writer Darby McDevitt: Now, we're back in Abstergo, so you'll see that they've improved their technology. You'll see a new Animus.

My question is will the Assassins actually do some damage. The Assassins are pretty much irrelevant and since we know Abstergo are the Templars, will the Modern plot take us anywhere? Especially positive?
http://puu.sh/3GU4N.jpg

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2013, 10:55 PM

if Erudito doesn't appear in AC4 it would be a waste of his/her/their potential as a character...

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 10:57 PM

O_O

I wonder can we stay in Modern Day and do as much as we want. If we missed ONE OUNCE of info in AC1 we can't enter the conference room.

if Erudito doesn't appear in AC4 it would be a waste of his/her/their potential as a character...

THIS. SO MUCH.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Lol. Well Darby did say now the 3rd faction(Eru) plays an important role.

Azurefeatherfly
07-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Lol. Well Darby did say now the 3rd faction(Eru) plays an important role.

Wow, hold up. I thought Juno was the third faction that Darby was talking about. If what you saying is true then AC4 and possible AC future would involve 4 different factions.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm looking forward to Animus gang fights up in the street homies fo shizzle something something crack.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Wow, hold up. I thought Juno was the third faction that Darby was talking about. If what you saying is true then AC4 and possible AC future would involve 4 different factions.
I can see Erudito playing a role in the life of an average employee of a company. But Juno? Sounds rather implausible IMO.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Juno isn't a faction. A faction is a group of people. Unless Juno finds a way to mind-control people, she isn't a faction yet.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Contain your orgasms ladies,Todd says Matt Ryan will take his shirt off. What and why in the hell Todd mcfarlene said that in the panel blows my mind.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Juno isn't a faction. A faction is a group of people. Unless Juno finds a way to mind-control people, she isn't a faction yet.

That's just as scary as Abstergo's assimilation plot. D:

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Contain your orgasms ladies, Darby says Matt Ryan will take his shirt off. What and why in the hell Darby said that in the panel blows my mind.
Maybe so we can all book our flight tickets! :p

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Maybe so we can all book our flight tickets! :p

I bet Kasch is crying in a corner right now. Then again maybe not. She likes her guys blond :P

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 11:13 PM
at least they're sexualizing men as well as women now.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 11:17 PM
at least they're sexualizing men as well as women now.

Yup. No one's a loser and pretty much all arguments for & against are futile.

Kaschra
07-19-2013, 11:32 PM
I bet Kasch is crying in a corner right now. Then again maybe not. She likes her guys blond :P

:(

I like blonde guys, but actually I don't really care for the hair colour xD

Azurefeatherfly
07-19-2013, 11:41 PM
I can see Erudito playing a role in the life of an average employee of a company. But Juno? Sounds rather implausible IMO.

What about all those e-mails that I got from Juno in Assassin's Creed 3, maybe she will be doing more of that.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 11:43 PM
What about all those e-mails that I got from Juno in Assassin's Creed 3, maybe she will be doing more of that.
Ancient civilization sending email to Desmond, I don't know why I laughed hard at that...but.........idk maybe. But she's just 1 person, I wouldn't call it a TWCB faction.

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 12:43 PM
We'll be hearing the Black Flag's music today :D

silvermercy
07-20-2013, 12:59 PM
I wish we could see better that poster in the back.

This looks like a brand new figure?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/557276_594178983947377_860687381_n.jpg
http://www.gamestrust.de/news,assassins-creed-4-black-flag-vorschau-edward-kenway-figur-mcfarlane,id28595.html

silvermercy
07-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Edward... stahp!!

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/files/2013/07/assassincon-001.jpg

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 01:07 PM
i never thought i`d say this, but i`d really like to see the game now :|

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 01:09 PM
i never thought i`d say this, but i`d really like to see the game now :|

Y u do dis now? wut chahngd ur moind?

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Y u do dis now? wut chahngd ur moind?
too much real life about AC....it make me want game now

ArabianFrost
07-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Is that a sensible English sentence?

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Resistance is futile ;)

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 01:14 PM

Care to expand more?

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 01:17 PM

I dont even know you anymore.

Edit: 8000! I just want to take this time to thank Shade and Widow for being the best ever.

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Care to expand more?
Okay
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062011/1307450372_expanding_round_table.gif

Azurefeatherfly
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Care to expand more?

I think Assassin_M means that there is too much AC stuff in real life such as cosplayers, the real ship and all of the props that Ubisoft is using for the promotion of the game. Too much real life tangible stuff used in the promotional material.

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Okay
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062011/1307450372_expanding_round_table.gif

Um... that's got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen o_0;

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I think Assassin_M means that there is too much AC stuff in real life such as cosplayers, the real ship and all of the props that Ubisoft is using for the promotion of the game. Too much real life tangible stuff used in the promotional material.
You are correct, sir

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 01:23 PM
lol @ 'real ship'

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Oh right, was confused cause he wrote it in a funny way :p

So pictures of ships and people dressed as characters has reignited your interest?

Azurefeatherfly
07-20-2013, 01:26 PM
lol @ 'real ship'

Well, about as real as it can get. This actually makes me wonder how much it would cost to build ship using authentic tools and materials from 300 years ago.

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh right, was confused cause he wrote it in a funny way :p

So pictures of ships and people dressed as characters has reignited your interest?
Not really reignited, more like..

"big *** ship, action figures, comics, mangas...where`s the game??"

maybe because it`s just comicon...except the ship...that`s weird

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Well, about as real as it can get. This actually makes me wonder how much it would cost to build ship using authentic tools and materials from 300 years ago.
They chartered a model and decorated it, now you can see where the marketing budget goes, lol.

Spider_Sith9
07-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Edward... stahp!!

You have everything to live for! D:

Jexx21
07-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I do feel like renting out a ship is sort of weird.

Especially when they call it the Jackdaw and it clearly does not look like the Jackdaw.

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I think the quote button is broken...

anyway, agreed to Jexx

Locopells
07-20-2013, 06:19 PM

Well if the amount it cost to build a brand new steam engine from less then 100 years ago is anything to go by, quite a damm lot...

silvermercy
07-20-2013, 06:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1069366_10151584335408068_208254448_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546825_10151584335643068_614408668_n.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
07-20-2013, 06:26 PM
do those guns work

AidenPixxel
07-20-2013, 06:30 PM
ACIV tonight on gamespot at 1:40pm

http://www.gamespot.com/comic-con/stage-1-day-3/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 06:38 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1069366_10151584335408068_208254448_n.jpg

So it's no longer hold down R1 to run?

LoyalACFan
07-20-2013, 08:52 PM
ACIV tonight on gamespot at 1:40pm

http://www.gamespot.com/comic-con/stage-1-day-3/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

Woohoo, so we've only got like an hour or two left. Wonder if it's anything new.

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Woohoo, so we've only got like an hour or two left. Wonder if it's anything new.
...44 minutes left

Spider_Sith9
07-20-2013, 09:47 PM
...44 minutes left

The San-Diego is on fire! Curse Queen Chrysalis!

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Where is my VIDEO

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Where is my VIDEO

Hooray!!! XD

Edit: That was it :(

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Aaannndddd nothing. This is some ********.

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 10:13 PM
You guys actually thought you were getting a demo...?

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 10:16 PM
You guys actually thought you were getting a demo...?
No, but expected some new footage while they talked because that's what was happening before AC stream...

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 11:10 PM
So how long until Brian Tyler orchestrates Black Flag's music at the concert?

Ureh
07-20-2013, 11:11 PM

Taunt is back? hopefully it's a bit more useful this time.

LoyalACFan
07-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Taunt is back? hopefully it's a bit more useful this time.

Those are the MP controls, if you look closely you'll see buttons for "stun pursuer" and "player list"

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 11:27 PM
So how long until Brian Tyler orchestrates Black Flag's music at the concert?
7:20PM PDT.

Right now it's 3:26PM

prince162010
07-20-2013, 11:28 PM
so there is no demo and i'm getting more angry :mad:

OK::nonchalance:

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 11:29 PM
so there is no demo and i'm getting more angry :mad:

Why, they never announced a livestream.

prince162010
07-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Why, they never announced a livestream.

but Ashraf Ismail said that there is a new gameplay demo coming in Comic Con ,after that they streamed the panel and nothing happened >> i think

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 11:37 PM
but Ashraf Ismail said that there is a new gameplay demo coming in Comic Con ,after that they streamed the panel and nothing happened >> i think

Yeah, he said there was a new demo AT comic con. He never said there was a new demo at comic con that was going to be livestreamed.

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, he said there was a new demo AT comic con. He never said there was a new demo at comic con that was going to be livestreamed.

It is only on the boat, apparently :(

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
It is only on the boat, apparently :(

Well... yeah. That boat was their venue pretty much. People need to remember that "new demo at *event*" doesnt mean its going to be livestreamed. It just means its going to be at that event.

prince162010
07-20-2013, 11:41 PM

Umm.. OK thanks man

prince162010
07-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Wait a minute .. have anyone got leaked some footage from there ?? i'm really excited to see some more new footage even if it's leaked by mobile phone's camera !!

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Only 1 gameplay screen came out of comic con.

http://puu.sh/3HGpU.jpg

prince162010
07-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Only 1 gameplay screen came out of comic con.

http://puu.sh/3HGpU.jpg

WTF :(... it's funnny after all :D

Ureh
07-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Those are the MP controls, if you look closely you'll see buttons for "stun pursuer" and "player list"

Oooh I see, thanks. I thought those were new gameplay features (stun for agile guards and player list for the co-op stuff).

LoyalACFan
07-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Oooh I see, thanks. I thought those were new gameplay features (stun for agile guards and player list for the co-op stuff).

No, I don't think so. Plus, if it was the SP controller layout, there would be other functions too (i.e. switch weapon)

Ureh
07-21-2013, 12:25 AM
You're probably right! I wondered the same thing and thought the layout is really different cause of the new weapon wheel thingy. But it is probably the MP controls.

silvermercy
07-21-2013, 12:31 AM
u guys have seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIjjHeD-0dY&feature=share&list=UUwgURKfUA7e0Z7_qE3TvBFQ

Spider_Sith9
07-21-2013, 12:38 AM
u guys have seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIjjHeD-0dY&feature=share&list=UUwgURKfUA7e0Z7_qE3TvBFQ

Yeah! That's some serious stylish skill! Especially when he climbed up the building in that street. I'm assuming this was the guy roaming the customized Jackdaw at the Con?

silvermercy
07-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Yeah! That's some serious stylish skill! Especially when he climbed up the building in that street. I'm assuming this was the guy roaming the customized Jackdaw at the Con?
I'm not sure if it's the same guy... hmmm... The one doing parkour is called davidsupertramp. But I don't know what he looks like under those hoods. lol

Anyways... I love how has customized his running shoes to look all pirat-ish. lol

Spider_Sith9
07-21-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm not sure if it's the same guy... hmmm... The one doing parkour is called davidsupertramp. But I don't know what he looks like under those hoods. lol

Anyways... I love how has customized his running shoes to look all pirat-ish. lol
Yeah I remember him from the original AC Parkour video he made. :D

catkiller97
07-21-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhj2PoGrQxE

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 09:08 AM
music
brilliant

ArabianFrost
07-21-2013, 09:16 AM
I really like the strong pirate vibe it's giving off.

silvermercy
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
I really like the strong pirate vibe it's giving off.
Indeed!
it also seems to have both a Caribbean and a Mediterranean vibe which reminds me of those ancient Barbary corsairs (pirates and privateers). I think it makes it more interesting and menacing this way.

pirate1802
07-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Indeed!
it also seems to have both a Caribbean and a Mediterranean vibe which reminds me of those ancient Barbary corsairs (pirates and privateers). I think it's makes it more interesting and menacing this way.

Yes! I feel like myself hearing that track. Very nice indeed.

x___Luffy___x
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
its really good..

prince162010
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
any leaked footage from Comic-Con?? i'm still hoping some new footage from there !!

pacmanate
07-21-2013, 12:54 PM
any leaked footage from Comic-Con?? i'm still hoping some new footage from there !!

You are starting to irritate me. We will get the Comic Con demo in around a WEEK. What is this, the 6th time you are asking/moaning about no footage? Jesus Christ.

silvermercy
07-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Photo tour of the Jackdaw: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/20/a-visual-tour-of-ubisoft-39-s-assassin-39-s-creed-boat.aspx

Some captions are hilarious!

http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-06/5545.20130719_5F00_231016.jpg
You can meet the Ubisoft team. Here's Ubisoft's resident block of wood, Raphael Lacoste

ACfan443
07-21-2013, 01:12 PM
I remember last year they uploaded the footage of the dev panel, how long after comic con was that?

LoyalACFan
07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhj2PoGrQxE

Wow, that's pretty damn good. Is this the main theme, you reckon?

ArabianFrost
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Wow, that's pretty damn good. Is this the main theme, you reckon?

I'd assume not. It doesn't come off as main theme material. I can't really put my finger on it, but main themes usually feel "unique' if you will. To me, main themes can incite emotions, while at the same time being of an epic scale while at the same time being very identifying of the game it's in. AC3's main theme is an example of that. The bit of Native American singing with it's vibrant emotions are complementary of how active it is, all within the easily identifiable context of the whole American theme.......but these are just my ramblings. It's probably not the main theme.

LoyalACFan
07-21-2013, 01:30 PM
I'd assume not. It doesn't come off as main theme material. I can't really put my finger on it, but main themes usually feel "unique' if you will. To me, main themes can incite emotions, while at the same time being of an epic scale while at the same time being very identifying of the game it's in. AC3's main theme is an example of that. The bit of Native American singing with it's vibrant emotions are complementary of how active it is, all within the easily identifiable context of the whole American theme.......but these are just my ramblings. It's probably not the main theme.

True. I hope it doesn't get overused then, since we've seen it in every demo so far (twice in the High Seas one). Probably just because they don't want to release any other tracks at this point, but still. AC3's one fight theme got a little tiresome.

pacmanate
07-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Tempo is too slow for it to be a main theme.

catkiller97
07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Official Comic Con Video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkQ8aARr2M

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 06:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkQ8aARr2M

I have never cringed this hard in my life. The moment she opens her mouth, I just start aching. Man, bring back Aisha, she is a blessing compared to Andrea (not saying Andrea's bad person, but this was too hard to watch. Did I also mention, her favourite character is Ezio).

Sushiglutton
07-26-2013, 06:14 PM
I have never cringed this hard in my life. The moment she opens her mouth, I just start aching. Man, bring back Aisha, she is a blessing compared to Andrea (not saying Andrea's bad person, but this was too hard to watch. Did I also mention, her favourite character is Ezio).

Never got that far. Turned off the vid when she said that AC has always been known for awesome gameplay :nonchalance:.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 06:19 PM
...AC does have awesome gameplay though, so that's a valid point to make.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 06:22 PM

I think that the part that begins at 1:25 is part of the main theme. It's just too iconical for it not to be.

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 07:03 PM
VO for Edward says that Edward doesn't know whether to become a Templar or an Assassin... not sure if he slipped up that bit of spoiler of if he didn't know what he was talking about.

xryanx28
07-26-2013, 07:15 PM
VO for Edward says that Edward doesn't know whether to become a Templar or an Assassin... not sure if he slipped up that bit of spoiler of if he didn't know what he was talking about.

i was just gonna make a thread about this. stupid actors spilling secrets....

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 07:17 PM
30:28 this kid calls Haytham, "HAMICH"... hahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaha you can see Darby trying not to laugh and say "Ha, you dumb ****ing kid you aren't even 13"

hahaha, he laughs later on. Kid says Hamich like 4 times

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
...AC does have awesome gameplay though.
http://i.minus.com/iAEjt5DK0E4zO.jpg

But we've known that for ages now.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 07:22 PM
wat

stop shakin ur bootah u makin uself look bad

pacmanate
Hamich hahahaha

xryanx28
30:28 this kid calls Haytham, "HAMICH"... hahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaha you can see Darby trying not to laugh and say "Ha, you dumb ****ing kid you aren't even 13"

hahaha, he laughs later on. Kid says Hamich like 4 times

i died laughing when i heard that lmao

ACfan443
07-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh my god when that guy said "haymich"...
I had to pause the video and cringe a little

EDIT: Omg, I can't. He keeps saying it!

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh my god when that guy said "haymich"...
I had to pause the video and cringe a little

EDIT: Omg, I can't. He keeps saying it!
But why? Haymitch Kenway was our protagonist in AC3 for a while! Why do you cringe at that well mannered person!

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 08:23 PM
There are so many kids

why

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
There are so many kids

why
Well I've personally done some research with AC and my demographic result is:
AC is most popular in the age group..
http://puu.sh/3MoPF.PNG

ACfan443
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Just finished watching, it was interesting but nothing that new. Moments from the Q&A and presenter made it a worthwhile watch though. And that demo was not "never before seen", she said that last year as well.

But why? Haymitch Kenway was our protagonist in AC3 for a while! Why do you cringe at that well mannered person!

Forgive me, Haymitch deserves so much more respect than this, his character was very underused in AC3. I could say he was almost nonexistent :p

TheDanteEX
07-27-2013, 06:00 PM
And that demo was not "never before seen", she said that last year as well.

Mistakes happen.

http://i.imgur.com/YVhpONU.png

Also, we should all tweet Darby "#Haymitch2013". He can't ignore all of us!

Ureh
07-28-2013, 03:40 PM
OOOOOOhhhhhOOOhhhh! I'm guessing that the edition size will at least be 2000. p.s. this flyer was handed out at sdcc so it's on-topic right? :) :p

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/The_Almighty_DJ/Daishi Arcade/SCAN0001.jpg~original

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
OOOOOOhhhhhOOOhhhh! I'm guessing that the edition size will at least be 2000. p.s. this flyer was handed out at sdcc so it's on-topic right? :) :p

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/The_Almighty_DJ/Daishi Arcade/SCAN0001.jpg~original

oooh a holster at the back too

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
I really want that cape now. Looks awesome. Super Edward.

prince162010
07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Umm.. Ash told us on the twitter that havana demo it's just about 2-3 weeks to comes out (Gamescom maybe), so what about Comic-con Demo i mean the footage that we saw of kingston (plantations) ,when the full demo is going to be released ?

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 04:38 PM
I really want that cape now. Looks awesome. Super Edward.

From what I have seen, although early, we can agree that is the most badass outfit in the series....

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
From what I have seen, although early, we can agree that is the most badass outfit in the series....

yes :D

prince162010
07-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh gashhh , this one looks badass

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/944559_562039963857205_139423793_n.jpg

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:49 PM
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. The epitome of badassery. That cape looks even better. I want.

prince162010
07-28-2013, 04:54 PM
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. The epitome of badassery. That cape looks even better. I want.

Same here :D this coat made ​​me crazy lol :D, I can't wait any longer to get my hands on the game

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 04:55 PM
this outfit is the best. love it :D

prince162010
07-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Wait a minute !!!! what the hell is this > a place for the fifth pistol on his back, oh goddd

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/71418_182658511908880_1189557451_n.jpg

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Wait a minute !!!! what the hell is this > a place for the fifth pistol on his back, oh goddd

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/71418_182658511908880_1189557451_n.jpg
If he was a female, he`d have a sixth place for a sixth pistol......though it`s not necessarily a holster...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 05:20 PM
If he was a female, he`d have a sixth place for a sixth pistol......though it`s not necessarily a holster...

Oh God. Take your weird fetishes elsewhere.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Oh God. Take your weird fetishes elsewhere.
okay :/

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 05:26 PM
okay :/

So gun fisting is the new weird fetish with the "kids"?

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
If he was a female, he`d have a sixth place for a sixth pistol......though it`s not necessarily a holster...Wow he can carry a trampoline?

prince162010
07-28-2013, 05:29 PM
but i don't think that we can craft the fifth place/slot for the fifth pistol , it's just a figurine after all , Ash said that Edward can carry up to 4 pistols. only 4

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:32 PM
but i don't think that we can craft the fifth place/slot for the fifth pistol , it's just a figurine after all , Ash said that Edward can carry up to 4 pistols
The octopus can have up to 6 tentacles....

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Take yo tentacle fetishes elsewhere!

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, technically there IS a place for a 6th pistol even now, as a male. But err... I won't go there. *ahem*
*runs away*

prince162010
07-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Your blood is light and humorous, my brother. i like you :D

ACfan443
07-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Thread derailment imminent

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
When will they release the plantation gameplay??

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, technically there IS a place for a 6th pistol even now, as a male. But err... I won't go there. *ahem*
*runs away*

M knows his biology well. He would have said women can hold up to 7 pistols in the first place. We all know having a permanently dilated anus to constantly leak faeces when the gun is not holstered in is not ideal fer pirrrrrrates.

Biology 101

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 05:50 PM
m knows his biology well. He would have said women can hold up to 7 pistols in the first place. We all know having a permanently dilated anus to constantly leak faeces when the gun is not holstered in is not ideal fer pirrrrrrates.

Biology 101
lmaooo!!!!

prince162010
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
When will they release the plantation gameplay??

you have stolen my question :D

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:53 PM
you have stolen my question :D
Yes, yes..keep the thread on topic >_>

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 05:56 PM
La Habana gameplay supposedly at Gamescom, fingers crossed.....

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I almost hope no Havana gameplay is shown, it makes the first time we walk through it even better.

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
M knows his biology well. He would have said women can hold up to 7 pistols in the first place. We all know having a permanently dilated anus to constantly leak faeces when the gun is not holstered in is not ideal fer pirrrrrrates.

Biology 101

Thanks for that imagery.. really grateful. -_-

catkiller97
07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
OP is Updated!