PDA

View Full Version : Trainable Dogs in The Division

SmoggyFog
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Ubisoft should give Division players the option to train a dog. But I was thinking maybe their should be some kind of object you need to aquire to be able to train the dog. And maybe the dog would have that minecraft mechanics where you press some button to make it sit down or stay. I would really like to see dogs in this game. But with or without the game will still be Revolutionary.

superkickstart
07-02-2013, 09:56 PM
But then the dog dies and i will be sad :(

Revolutionary? I agree that the game looks very nice but there wasn't really anything in the demo that has not been done already.

MT4K
07-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Revolutionary? I agree that the game looks very nice but there wasn't really anything in the demo that has not been done already.

But he closes the car door with his hand. That's like the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel!!!! (admittedly it was pretty cool though haha)

As for trainable dogs... Not sure i'd use it myself. I'd hate to get attached to it and then have it die or get shot by some jerk who only targets the dog because they want to be evil and take away my companion :(.

ziegenbagel
07-03-2013, 02:07 AM
But he closes the car door with his hand. That's like the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel!!!! (admittedly it was pretty cool though haha)

As for trainable dogs... Not sure i'd use it myself. I'd hate to get attached to it and then have it die or get shot by some jerk who only targets the dog because they want to be evil and take away my companion :(.

Figure you could just revive dog or something! But would be cool. Would be like hunter companions in WoW but way more awesome lol

Bioterror2013
07-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Yeah there might be some kind of way to revive the dog

HOPEFULLY

Good poll Smoggy, It is pretty cool.

luciusnetheril
07-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Whoever wants a dog, there's already a game for you, it's called CoD: Ghosts.

Also the OP missed few more options for the poll, like,"HELL NO!" And,"no chance in hell."

Fortrax
07-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Whoever wants a dog, there's already a game for you, it's called CoD: Ghosts.

Also the OP missed few more options for the poll, like,"HELL NO!" And,"no chance in hell."

And why not? Having a dog to do you biding like scouting out the insides of buildings would be useful and also a gameplay feature that hasn't been seen a lot. Thus making it interesting and also kinda nice.

If you don't like the idea, at least give a reason why.

Anyway, I voted maybe because I only want to see this option if they implement it right and not make it something that you need in order to "win" the game.

ScoutViking
07-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Honestly i would like to have dogs ingame. However i have yet to see a game handle dogs(or othercompanions) in a good or realistic way. so i voted no simply because i dont like maybe. and like stated above, id be too worried of it dying to actually use it anyway so...

luciusnetheril
07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
My reasons for not wanting any dog in Division are simple, really.

1) it's been done and even recently, throwing in dog just because other game has it is about as sensible as having Gautling gun in God of War.

2) Like Silenced Scream says-it's never been done right.

3)micromanagement. Do you honestly think you're going to have time to issue orders to the dog, in a middle of a shootout?

GlobalPONZI
07-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Dogs would be for dinner in this type of situation... not mans best friend.

Dome500
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Figure you could just revive dog or something! But would be cool. Would be like hunter companions in WoW but way more awesome lol

=> this

Nice idea-

C_Mathieson
07-04-2013, 10:33 AM
It's more pathing and AI for the servers to handle. No thanks.

(not to mention running around seeing everyone with a dog would look terrible).

Khan324
07-05-2013, 12:06 AM

Were you not paying attention? Did you see the bullet holes? They were actually holes. Did you see the light shine though the billboard after it was shot? What game does that which is out right now? Did you see the way the glass broke when shot? Did you see how good that fire looked? Did you know the guy flying the drone was playing on a tablet?

I hope I see you in a dark zone because you don't seem to notice things and it will be easy a hell to jump you.