PDA

View Full Version : Haytham is back in AC4?

FR0ZENZiNE
07-02-2013, 03:19 PM
http://assassinscrypt.tumblr.com/post/54259069636/haytham-kenway-official-wallpaper-this-is-the

What do you think? Seems legit for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_PG-L8kis&feature=player_detailpage#t=238s

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Not sure what the wallpaper has to do with anything. That's from AC III.

As for the interview... hard to say. Actors who get involved in an ongoing series sort of have to be deliberately cagey about revealing whether or not their character will appear in future titles, because either way it's a spoiler. Even if Haytham's not in it (though I pretty much expect he will be, at least in a cameo) Mr. Hough couldn't come right out and say it.

lothario-da-be
07-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't see how this hints at Haytham in ac4.

pacmanate
07-02-2013, 09:19 PM
As the guys said... so what. Its a Haytham wallpaper. This doesn't mean he is in AC3.

lothario-da-be
07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
As the guys said... so what. Its a Haytham wallpaper. This doesn't mean he is in AC3.
You mean ac4? :)

pacmanate
07-02-2013, 09:46 PM
You mean ac4? :)

............................. He was never in AC3. It was your imagination

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 09:57 PM
............................. He was never in AC3. It was your imagination

AC3's "Haytham" was actually Ezio wearing a taco.

pacmanate
07-02-2013, 10:00 PM
AC3's "Haytham" was actually Ezio wearing a taco.

This guy understands.

Nothing is True.

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
This guy understands.

Nothing is True.

Everything is Tortilla.

Assassin_M
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
And Edward is Ezio being a pirate...

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Aaaaand here we go... :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Aaaaand here we go... :nonchalance:
planted the seeds of dissent....nothing to do here

pacmanate
07-02-2013, 10:38 PM

Everything is Permitted

Bashilir
07-02-2013, 10:54 PM

http://troll.me/images/obama-meh/seems-legit.jpg

creed of killer
07-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Haytham didn't even know his father was an assassin... He thought it was strange that he was learnt the of swords and why his sister was mad at him for having privileges. Haytham learnt that his father was an assassin after he grew up, but he always had a feeling something was wrong, that he really wasn't a templar.

*Spoliers* Also, Edward DIED when Haytham was 12 years old! So it is very unlikely that Haytham will be in this game, unless Ubi goes all the way until Edward dies

ladyleonhart
07-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Haytham in AC4...?

Most likely ^_~

According to the dates, when Edward is... "unavailable", Haytham would have been about 10 years old. Then I'm guessing we'll see Haytham as a child at least, even if the main focus is on Edward. Also, as we all know, Haytham is a link between Edward and Connor. Then maybe they'll explain why Haytham became a Templar, even though his father was an Assassin.
That's one thing I'd really like to know. :)

I guess we might see an older Haytham too, if Edward left him a journal, like Haytham left for Connor. Then maybe even Haytham's Templar initiation.

And so continues... the "Kenway" Saga!! xD

creed of killer
07-03-2013, 01:14 AM
We already know how Haytham became a templar... Read the book and you'll see. You also understand why Haytham let Connor kill him also why Haytham was a hell lot of a diffrent man when Connor was older and WHY he made an alliance with Connor over some time!

Read the book! It's really great!

PS! How Haytham became a templar: Edward tried to make an alliance with the templars. The Templars backstabbed Edward and thus kidnapped Haytham and made him to a templar with assassin origin. He didn't join voluntarily, hos whole life was a lie and the those who "took care" of him was his greatest enemies

Ureh
07-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Haven't had the chance to read the novel so I am curious to find out about Edward and the relationship with his family (based on what Haytham said in AC3, I'm gonna assume things didn't turn out well). As long as it's not in tiny snippets like what they did with Altair in ACR.

I didn't read Secret Crusade either, but I was kinda bothered that Altair's role was very fleeting in ACR. I like what little I saw in the game, but it felt too brief. Were they purposely short because they knew the novel fills in the gaps? That's what I'm afraid of if they retell Edward's story from the novels, that they'll only get the "notable" parts and nothing else.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Haven't had the chance to read the novel so I am curious to find out about Edward and the relationship with his family (based on what Haytham said in AC3, I'm gonna assume things didn't turn out well). As long as it's not in tiny snippets like what they did with Altair in ACR.

I didn't read Secret Crusade either, but I was kinda bothered that Altair's role was very fleeting in ACR. I like what little I saw in the game, but it felt too brief. Were they purposely short because they knew the novel fills in the gaps? That's what I'm afraid of if they retell Edward's story from the novels, that they'll only get the "notable" parts and nothing else.
There was actually more Altair sections but they were cut, because of the short time they had

ladyleonhart
07-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Haven't had the chance to read the novel so I am curious to find out about Edward and the relationship with his family (based on what Haytham said in AC3, I'm gonna assume things didn't turn out well).

I thought about reading the novel, but from what I've read about "Forsaken" it's mostly written from Haytham's point of view. Then I'm definitely going to wait for AC4! xD I'd like to see what we learn from Edward first i.e. how he became an Assassin; as you said, his relationship with his family; why things turned out the way they did, etc. The reason being, I am assuming Haytham's point of view expressed in the novel is from when he is much older and when he has had time to reflect on things. I think it will be very interesting, but Edward's experience will be as it happened. Then I think "Forsaken" will make a better read afterwards, allowing us to see how Haytham interpreted the events that happened and how they influenced him into becoming the man he became. Also, I agree that it will probably have a sad ending ^^'... Poor Edward...

Jexx21
07-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I thought about reading the novel, but from what I've read about "Forsaken" it's mostly written from Haytham's point of view. Then I'm definitely going to wait for AC4! xD I'd like to see what we learn from Edward first i.e. how he became an Assassin; as you said, his relationship with his family; why things turned out the way they did, etc. The reason being, I am assuming Haytham's point of view expressed in the novel is from when he is much older and when he has had time to reflect on things. I think it will be very interesting, but Edward's experience will be as it happened. Then I think "Forsaken" will make a better read afterwards, allowing us to see how Haytham interpreted the events that happened and how they influenced him into becoming the man he became. Also, I agree that it will probably have a sad ending ^^'... Poor Edward...

Actually, Forsaken is written at various points in Haytham's life. From when he was 10 years old (and apparently a very good writer >.>) to right before he fought Connor and was killed. You should read it before Black Flag, especially since Black Flag is probably going to end before Haytham is born. (Haytham is born in 1725, the game probably ends around 1720)

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Actually, Forsaken is written at various points in Haytham's life. From when he was 10 years old (and apparently a very good writer >.>) to right before he fought Connor and was killed. You should read it before Black Flag, especially since Black Flag is probably going to end before Haytham is born. (Haytham is born in 1725, the game probably ends around 1720)

Eh, I bet it'll end later than that. I seem to recall they said it would span about a decade, which would mean it ends right before Haytham is conceived. In any case, I hope they end it with Haytham's conception and show us the finale of Edward's pirating career, so they won't be tempted to make two or three spinoff games about him :nonchalance:

Jexx21
07-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I have a feeling that the game begins in 1713 rather than 1715 (like some are saying) and that the game will end in 1723. I think the game will end with Edward settling down in Queen Anne's Square in London with Tessa.

DisbandedBox359
07-03-2013, 10:12 PM
If Edward settles down at the end of AC4 it would be the most anti climatic AC ending

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a feeling that the game begins in 1713 rather than 1715 (like some are saying) and that the game will end in 1723. I think the game will end with Edward settling down in Queen Anne's Square in London with Tessa.

Pretty sure 1715 is the official date they've given. Which makes sense, because the Treaty of Utrecht was signed in 1713 and that's what ended the war and caused the sudden resurgence of piracy with all the out of work sailors. Edward is already an experienced pirate when the game starts.

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 10:17 PM
If Edward settles down at the end of AC4 it would be the most anti climatic AC ending

That's what Ezio did in ACR, and it was the best ending of the series IMO.

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 12:00 AM

Thanks for explaining about the novel :) So, Haytham starts to write "Forsaken" when he is 10... I think I will still wait though. Reason being...

Eh, I bet it'll end later than that. I seem to recall they said it would span about a decade, which would mean it ends right before Haytham is conceived. In any case, I hope they end it with Haytham's conception and show us the finale of Edward's pirating career, so they won't be tempted to make two or three spinoff games about him :nonchalance:

... I've a got a feeling Edward's story is definitely going to end around 1735. Then we will probably see Haytham as a child up to age 10 years at least, or maybe they'll go a bit beyond that and show us more about Haytham's life. Also, I don't think we will get more Edward games either...

Also, I have reason to believe that it won't be anti-climatic at all.

That's what Ezio did in ACR, and it was the best ending of the series IMO.

I doubt it'll be like Ezio's and I think that was a nice ending too. I think we're in for a tragedy. Hopefully, they won't stop it there and they'll end with something a bit happier. ^^

Sorry for being cryptic. I just don't want to spoil AC4 for anyone before it actually comes out. ^_~ It was just something I read. It could be wrong. I really don't know, and Ubisoft might change it completely. However, if you want to know what I am thinking and why, just message me and then at least we don't spoil it for everyone else.

silvermercy
07-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I just can't read Forsaken before the game. Because I want a happy ending. In my head, if I don't read it then it will be like it didn't happen... *sigh*

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Pretty sure 1715 is the official date they've given. Which makes sense, because the Treaty of Utrecht was signed in 1713 and that's what ended the war and caused the sudden resurgence of piracy with all the out of work sailors. Edward is already an experienced pirate when the game starts.
Uh, we have confirmation that he's an experienced pirate when the game starts?

I really want to see Edward switch from privateering to pirating, I mean, it's essentially the same thing, but it'd be so interesting to see how Edward handles the transition. I mean, for all I care it could be a quick cutscene in the beginning of the game, and that's all I expect anyway.

silvermercy
07-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Uh, we have confirmation that he's an experienced pirate when the game starts?

I really want to see Edward switch from privateering to pirating, I mean, it's essentially the same thing, but it'd be so interesting to see how Edward handles the transition. I mean, for all I care it could be a quick cutscene in the beginning of the game, and that's all I expect anyway.
Well I remember reading that Edward actually gets involved with pirates when he serves drinks in Nassau?? So maybe they will have something like this. A transition... Maybe a cut-scene...
(Many privateers found themselves out of job during the peace period so maybe that explains the transition).

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Well I remember reading that Edward actually gets involved with pirates when he serves drinks in Nassau?? So maybe they will have something like this. A transition... Maybe a cut-scene...
(Many privateers found themselves out of job during the peace period so maybe that explains the transition).

Edward was a bartender...? That's just like Desmond... o_0;

silvermercy
07-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Edward was a bartender...? That's just like Desmond... o_0;
I know I had the same expression when I heard it! o_0 I still can't believe it!
ahaha! I wonder if he made good drinks now and if he punched customers who didn't pay. And if the bartender gene has any correlation with the fate of each protagonist at a young age... lol

ladyleonhart
07-04-2013, 01:02 AM
I know I had the same expression when I heard it! o_0 I still can't believe it!
ahaha! I wonder if he made good drinks now and if he punched customers who didn't pay. And if the bartender gene has any correlation with the fate of each protagonist at a young age... lol

I don't know about what drinks he would have made, but Edward's character trailer suggests instead of punching customers who didn't pay, he probably smashes them over the head with a bottle ^_~ Then, I bet he didn't keep his job for very long... :)

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 03:54 AM
I wonder if Desmond was a good bartender. I'm assuming he worked as one for at least five years, seeing as he left the farm 9 years before he got captured.

I-Like-Pie45
07-04-2013, 04:52 AM
Nah, Desmond is such a crybaby he probably let his patrons rob him.

Ureh
07-04-2013, 06:23 AM
I guess it depends what motorcycle he had and how long it took to save up the cash. If it's a Ducati then he probably gets a lot of tips.

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I guess it depends what motorcycle he had and how long it took to save up the cash. If it's a Ducati then he probably gets a lot of tips.

lulz

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Nah, Desmond is such a crybaby he probably let his patrons rob him.
When you say this: Haytham is better than Connor because he had sex (official Gamesradar article)

Does that mean the official article stated this, or something in the comments? Because if it's in the actual article: that's not intelligent sounding, and the writer should work on that.

dxsxhxcx
07-04-2013, 01:45 PM
[SPOILERS - AC FORSAKEN]

if we play as a young Haytham, I hope we do it in an epilogue (after the end of the game) for the sole purpose of see Edward die, Haytham took too much time from Connor in AC3 and I don't want something like this happening again in AC4..

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 01:47 PM
[SPOILERS - AC FORSAKEN]

if we play as a young Haytham, I hope we do it in an epilogue (after the end of the game) for the sole purpose of see Edward die, Haytham took too much time from Connor in AC3 and I don't want something like this happening again in AC4..

Yee!!! I want the ending to be a short 10 minute thing as baby Haytham seeing Edward die. That would be such a weird but sweet ending imo.

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Haytham was 10 at the time and he killed the guy trying to kidnap his mother or something like that. So that would make for an exciting memory to live through.

I-Like-Pie45
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I think TLoU already satisfied my child killing adult people needs.

DisbandedBox359
07-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry for being cryptic. I just don't want to spoil AC4 for anyone before it actually comes out. ^_~ It was just something I read. It could be wrong. I really don't know, and Ubisoft might change it completely. However, if you want to know what I am thinking and why, just message me and then at least we don't spoil it for everyone else.

Got a strong feeling I know where your going with this anyway haha

LoyalACFan
07-04-2013, 09:36 PM
... I've a got a feeling Edward's story is definitely going to end around 1735. Then we will probably see Haytham as a child up to age 10 years at least, or maybe they'll go a bit beyond that and show us more about Haytham's life. Also, I don't think we will get more Edward games either...

Oh, I know all about what happens in Forsaken *wink wink* but I just meant I hope they actually take the game all the way through to the end of his pirate career. Instead of making it span 1715-1718 or something and then making another game span from 1718-1724 when he leaves to go back to London.

Jexx21
07-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Guys, it was in Forsaken, and it was part of the beginning. It's not a spoiler. Edward dies.

Everyone freaking dies.

I still think the game will span from 1713-1723 and that we'll get Haytham memories covering certain events in Forsaken similar to the Christina memories in Brotherhood and the Altair memories in Revelations.

I have a feeling that Edward didn't really do any real Assassin business in London, and that it was mostly him training his son. I don't think Edward ever became a Mentor like how Haytham became the Grandmaster of the Colonial Templars or how Connor becomes the Mentor of the Colonial Assassins after Achilles' death.

pacmanate
07-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Guys, it was in Forsaken, and it was part of the beginning. It's not a spoiler. Edward dies.

Everyone freaking dies.

I still think the game will span from 1713-1723 and that we'll get Haytham memories covering certain events in Forsaken similar to the Christina memories in Brotherhood and the Altair memories in Revelations.

I have a feeling that Edward didn't really do any real Assassin business in London, and that it was mostly him training his son. I don't think Edward ever became a Mentor like how Haytham became the Grandmaster of the Colonial Templars or how Connor becomes the Mentor of the Colonial Assassins after Achilles' death.

Yeah Im pretty sure Edward just retired to spend time with his family.

RandFishkin
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
This is awesome