PDA

View Full Version : 4.12 or 4.12m

KUJO_1
07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Are there a 4,12 and a 4.12M

Tully__
07-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Only 4.12m
If you see someone referring to 4.12, they mean the "m" version, they simply have not bothered to type the extra character.

"m" refers to merged and started being used back when Pacific Fighters was released. It could be installed as a standalone game or merged with IL2:Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack. At that time it was necessary to release two versions of each patch, one for standalone Pacific Fighters and one for IL2:FB/AEP/PF merged.

IL2 Sturmovik: 1946 was version 4.07m at the time of its release and contained all the content of the merged version and some additional expansions. All patches after that are merged versions. There was no support for the standalone version after around 4.03 or 4.04 as the addons that were v4.05m and v4.06m required the maps and the aircraft models from the full merged version to work.

Bearcat99
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I always thought that was kind iof silly anyway.. to release two versions.. as opposed to just martketing it as an add on... I would be willing to bet that most of the foks who bought PF as a standalone went on to either buy one of the merged packs or 146... or maybe even both..

wheelsup_cavu
07-19-2013, 06:46 PM
I always thought that was kind iof silly anyway.. to release two versions.. as opposed to just martketing it as an add on... I would be willing to bet that most of the foks who bought PF as a standalone went on to either buy one of the merged packs or 146... or maybe even both..
Yep, After I bought Pacific Fighter I ended up buying the rest of the series. I bought them all from the UBI store when they still had a physical store instead of striclty digital downloads like it is now.

Wheels

Bearcat99
09-19-2013, 03:26 AM
I got all of them except for the Pe-2 addon .. which was actually my fist DDL of any software ... in a store. CoD was my second DDL..

hydbyr
09-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Just found my PF disks and decided to install them on my new build. It's a WIN7-64 Pro machine and I have had some fun installing other early windows applications. When I installed the basic program from the disks, I was ecstatic that the program started and ran just fine. Next step, find and install all of the patches and updates. Installed 3.03 cumulative and the program wouldn't run, it kept asking for a disk to be inserted. Does anybody know if there is a way to get past this point?? I haven't purchased all of the rest of the IL2 series. I'd simply like to get this one running.

Ran everything as an administrator - especially applying the patches.

hydbyr
09-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Well... got everything running. When WIN7 tells you that the program didn't install properly - you should follow the instructions! Installed all of the patches and upgrades to 4.04. Every one of them had to be done twice because they never installed correctly. Following the instructions worked fine. Now I can go back to bouncing my way onto a carrier deck again. Real aircraft are so much easier to work with! It's not lack of flight fidelity, it's the ability to feel what is going on and have peripheral vision of the situation as well.

wheelsup_cavu
09-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Imo, The single most important tip for installing any version of the sim is to not install it into the Program Files folder.

IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack must both be installed prior to installing Pacific Fighters.

You can install Pacific Fighters over a v2.0, v2.01 or v2.04 patch level of FB+AEP.
The merged installation file path defaults to:
(32 bit systems): C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
(64 bit systems): C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

Installation Tip:
**Changing "Program Files" to "Games" when you are installing the sim will make the
patching process have fewer problems on machines that are using any Windows operating systems after WinXP.
Modified Filepath: C:\Games\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
(Use the same modified file path for both 32 and 64 bit versions.)

Wheels