PDA

View Full Version : Questions about organization of online part

trupiciel
07-01-2013, 10:29 AM
First, I'll start with all the info about rules of the competition which we are given at the official tournament website (http://road2paris.com/rules-info/):

Champions will play normal online duels throughout the month to compete on a special leaderboard (http://i.imgur.com/e9un5fy.jpg), ranking them by performance for the month. In order to join the qualifier, champions must register on this website. After that, play regular online duels and check back on the site for your place on the leaderboard!

At the end of the month, the Top 16 players on the leaderboard will compete in a single elimination bracket tournament to determine the online champion who will go to Paris.

The Top 4 players on the monthly leaderboard, excluding the playoff winner if they are in that group, will be automatically invited to the Wildcard Tournament and will not be eligble to compete in the next month’s Online Qualifier

The info is very vague and in my opinion lacking some important pieces, namely:

How many games do I have to play during the month to get qualified? I remember reading somewhere about minimum of 50 games played. Is that true?

I've checked my e-mail and PM, and there are no posts from Ubi which would approve my qualification to the tournament. As of now I have no verification if I'm even in the tourney. Why didn't you implement a system which would send an automatic e-mail to all the participants with confirmation and the rules? :)

And my final question, which of the games will be recorded for the special ladder? I've managed to play 2 regular duels one hour ago and won both of them. Do they count? Do you also count Jackpot and Swiss games?

I'd like to get an answer from someone with the appropriate knowledge of the matter :)

Cheers

trupi

Ipwnfour
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I can't find the sources anymore, or at least not at this moment, but I do have some answers:

How many games do I have to play during the month to get qualified?
Yes, a minimum of 50 games have to be played during one month.

Why didn't you implement a system which would send an automatic e-mail to all the participants with confirmation and the rules?
I wouldn't know, as I'm not affiliated with Ubisoft or MMDOC. :P

Do you also count Jackpot and Swiss games?
It is stated that only 'regular' duels count, so Jackpot and Swiss are excluded. An 'inside source' also verified this.

trupiciel
07-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your answers Ipwnfour! You are awesome as always. I just really need a confirmation from Aza or some of the other Elephants ( :) ) on this one:

It is stated that only 'regular' duels count, so Jackpot and Swiss are excluded. An 'inside source' also verified this.

Necroegaa
07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Where we can see the rankin? is not valid in the moment, right ?

Necroegaa
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
so?

del170109032657
07-03-2013, 08:09 PM
To the best of my knowledge only normal ranked duels will count towards the qualifier. As such, other matches such as tournaments will not count towards the qualifier. You will be ranked by your win percentage in these normal games over the course of the month, with a minimum of 50 games played.

The leaderboard is scheduled to launch shortly, but we are waiting for legal to give final approval on everything. Apologies for the crazy delay but rankings should be available soon.

ebsbrutus
07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Why i don't see my nick in leaderboard after 7 days? Ofc i can't register again xD

hitoriken
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
i have tried to registered a few times, the day before tomorrow i finally got answer that i registered, after that i played about 20 regular ranked duels and still can't find my nick in liderboard, what is wrong?

del170109032657
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Why i don't see my nick in leaderboard after 7 days? Ofc i can't register again xD

There could potentially be a bug in the automatic updates. I'm actively trying to find out the answer for you. I'll update as soon as I have information.

zenithale
07-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Why "could"? There IS a bug in the automatic updates :p.

del170109032657
07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Why "could"? There IS a bug in the automatic updates :p.

I'm still waiting for the official word back. I've got to cover all of my bases here! :p

louriadee
07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
HI guys.

I am a citizen of China but currently living in the Philippines. May I ask if I am not eligible as my name has not been appearing on the leaderboard.
Thank you very much!

trupiciel
07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Another question:

Are we going to see a reset of the standings to a pre-patch situation? I'm being concerned here about craag hack abusers.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782659-CRAG-HACK-bug-!-(Auto-lose)

Revelataen
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Another question:

Are we going to see a reset of the standings to a pre-patch situation? I'm being concerned here about craag hack abusers.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782659-CRAG-HACK-bug-!-(Auto-lose)

+1

trupiciel
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Why are the brackets offline? Guys, come on, communicate...

Aza404
07-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Why are the brackets offline? Guys, come on, communicate...

Looking into it!

DrHee
08-03-2013, 09:21 PM
How i can be qualify with all bug and crash ? loosing games coz of bug

taarapaty
08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Do You know maybe how to participae in gamescom?

jetong666
09-01-2013, 09:38 PM
When the couples from last month Online qualifier will be selected?

jetong666
09-11-2013, 07:11 PM
At firt I would like to apolgoze for my previous behavior as It was apparently most unpleasant. But the story described below may just redeem me a little althought it is not an excuse of my previous acctions.

I would like to recive an answer for the following question

Regards
I have double checked with my team and apparently the 36-3 was correct. The data had somehow duplicated and given you extra wins. This is of course not an optimal answer, but it is the reason that the data changed so drastically.

1st question:
I didn't played since i think aproximetly 15th of July why the data wasn't checked until august? I had a personal record of win streaks and it shows clearly that I played 51 battles. But this is just my word against yours.
2nd question:
Jason posted a week before on this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/790367-Road-to-Paris-August-Qualifier-One-Week-Left! a list of qualifiers. Im on it 6th place. Why u would upload something that is not correct?
3rd
Jason u sent me a e-mail that i qualified with aproximeted duel times.

It's obviously foult on your side and i mean no disrespect but why I should be punished for it?

If i would be informed at any time I would play additional matches ( I still am strongly certain i played 51 of them).

So, I'm asking is it possible to let me in into the tournament or at least let me play on the wild card one?

I would like to know what other players are thinking about it maybe consideration of people opinion is a good thing for a gaming company.

Once more my most sincer apologys .

Regards
Keep up the good work
Jetong666

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/790367-Road-to-Paris-August-Qualifier-One-Week-Left!

jetong666
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Are you afraid of the Topic ? Or just plainly ignoring me? :)
I know that some people who are interested in that case also asked you to investigate this matter
Looking for any answers most kindly

Deepest regards
Jetong666

Ps. I sent and will send you PM to give me a reply, becouse I know how busy are you and you might forget to reply

del170109032657
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
@Jetong I've replied via PM but unfortunately it isn't the best of answers.

jetong666
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Okey I will take it like a grown man.
2 bad ubisoft couldn't and eliminated me without my foult from the tournament, and give me nothing back.

No hard feelings to you Jason , thx for backing me up

Hope I can go Big in one of the torunaments some day and make this thing laud so Ubisoft will take more care of other innocently harmed players

With broken heart
Regards Jetong666