PDA

View Full Version : Severe wing drop on take off

larschance
06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I recently added 5 campaign and missions from WWIIES onto a v4.08m setup. I now find the following challenges which may or not be from the addons. They are exciting but is my system misreading.
Whatever aircraft I use when I take off the port wing drops vertically and I have to frantically wind the trim wheel while raising the gear and flaps. Every second mission the engine catches fire before I can gain height.
I tried leaving the engine off until the last moment then a gradual build up of power on take off but still the aircraft enters a quick roll.
Aircraft used Mig3, Spitfire 9, 109G, 190A, Ki61,P51D, Frank, and B239. The last two are not in the addons.
I use a CH Flightstick which until now has given me great service. I checked the set up for it and everything seems in balance.
While appreciating some aircraft are more challenging than others this problem seems too common a factor to be right.:confused:

larschance
07-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Further to my previous post, It seems that my CH flightstick destabalises on take off. I have reloaded it but every aircraft rolls to port on liftoff. I pause and check the balance and the roll axis is way off centre. What could be causing this.
I have difficulty set between easy and average including torque effect. When I enter a single mission I press I to start the engine then 70pc to begin run then 100pc on tail up. Immediately the roll to port starts and every second attempt the engine catches fire regardless of the aircraft type. Could it be my old CH is playing up.
Any ideas appreciated.

Tully__
07-02-2013, 01:42 PM
It may be that, but it also may be a bug that sometimes happens with the game. If the stick is working OK in the Windows Game Controllers screen (access from Control Panel) then it's probably the game. I've only ever seen about half a dozen mentions of it in the 12 year history of the game series. So far, the only solution I've seen mentioned that works is to un-install the game and re-install... :(

Before doing that I'd suggest getting on to CH's forums (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/) to get some help doing a full troubleshoot on your stick just to make sure it's not the stick.

larschance
07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks Tully. I have reloaded and checked the CH Flightstick and have regained control of the flying but on single mission play some aircraft especially the Mig3 and Fw190A4 still flip over and the engine bursts into flames on lift off. I first thought this was a reflection of late war poor manufacturing!
In 8 years of offline flying I have never come across this apart from tackling the usual differences in flight characteristics of different aircraft. I will completely reload the sim as you advise.
Cheers.