PDA

View Full Version : How is going to be the sea hunting in ACIV BF?

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi guys i want to know how is going to be the sea hunting, how will work, i mean, we need to practise sea hunting in order to upgrade Edward but with this, will Edward will have different suits or just the capacity to carry more guns. ? What do you think?

k4Anarky2011
06-29-2013, 07:56 PM
It's probably just another optional "do it or don't" side activity just like the hunting in AC3 that get you money. And of course you can upgrade Edward with more guns and outfits. You can also upgrade his ship the Jacklaw and outfit her with more cannons and reinforce her with better sails and tougher hulls and stuff.

LoyalACFan
06-29-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't think you need to do the sea hunting to upgrade him. It's probably just a new way to get money, which in turn you can buy upgrades with.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 12:19 AM
http://global3.memecdn.com/hunting-like-a-boss_c_130021.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
06-30-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm not so sure sea hunting is as "optional" as you think. In AC3, they said that hunting was just a way to get money and craft items. Now, they are REALLY saying that hunting is used to upgrade Edward himself. I feel like they are putting much more emphasis on hunting. But then again, they are putting more emphasis on everything it seems

k4Anarky2011
06-30-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm not so sure sea hunting is as "optional" as you think. In AC3, they said that hunting was just a way to get money and craft items. Now, they are REALLY saying that hunting is used to upgrade Edward himself. I feel like they are putting much more emphasis on hunting. But then again, they are putting more emphasis on everything it seems
So I guess they're learning from Far Cry 3! :o
Whaling can get you blubber (whale fat), which was traditionally use as oil. But I'm pretty sure they can make legit explosives (the glycerin, anyway). Asides from the cash Edward can get from selling them, maybe he can put them into barrels and throw them out of the Jacklaw's stern to damage pursuing ships like in the trailer?

Anyone remember that exploding whale in Japan?

Wolfmeister1010
06-30-2013, 04:27 AM

"Edward can also choose to stick dynamite up a whale's *** and create an ingenious trap for unwary enemies at sea!"
I'm not sure PETA would approve of this feature. :)

Wolfmeister1010
06-30-2013, 04:32 AM
So I guess they're learning from Far Cry 3! :o
Whaling can get you blubber (whale fat), which was traditionally use as oil. But I'm pretty sure they can make legit explosives (the glycerin, anyway). Asides from the cash Edward can get from selling them, maybe he can put them into barrels and throw them out of the Jacklaw's stern to damage pursuing ships like in the trailer?

If you watch a short leaked naval clip on YouTube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vh7y-jQCA8 you can see that some of the shot options are not finite. I believe that the round shot and chain shot will be unlimited, but the heavy shot and grape shot, mortars and explosive barrels will have to be purchased at ports or crafted.

I think it is safe to assume that the fire barrels could be crafted with ingredients including wood and whale oil.

k4Anarky2011
06-30-2013, 04:38 AM
Also, a giant stern-mounted flamethrower (like POTC Queen Anne's Revenge) using whale oil would be sick! :o

Wolfmeister1010
06-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Also, a giant stern-mounted flamethrower (like POTC Queen Anne's Revenge) using whale oil would be sick! :o

I seriously doubt it. Ubisoft hasn't mentioned it at all and POTC isn't exactly realistic....about anything. If a flame weapon does appear, it will most likely be like the Greek fire weapon in revelations.

Edward can leave the helm and take control of a cannon.

Also, there are forward facing cannons to use.

AdamPearce
06-30-2013, 05:00 AM
I just hope it won't be as lame as the hunting in AC3.

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 05:02 AM
I just hope it won't be as lame as the hunting in AC3.
Forced, gimmicky and mostly useless?

AdamPearce
06-30-2013, 05:14 AM
Forced, gimmicky and mostly useless?

Assisted, repetitive and totally useless.

I hope they get something significant to do with the money we earn. When introduced in AC2, we had the armor and the Villa to care about, so money was usefull in a way. same with ACB-R. But, with that gone in AC3 and the overpowered tomahawk that you earned right in the beggining (I was hoping a Sword of Altair like), it becomes pointless, just like the whole game! (o:

catkiller97
06-30-2013, 05:15 AM
i think they said in an interview that there will be less QTE :)

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Assisted, repetitive and totally useless.

I hope they get something significant to do with the money we earn. When introduced in AC2, we had the armor and the Villa to care about, so money was usefull in a way. same with ACB-R. But, with that gone in AC3 and the overpowered tomahawk that you earned right in the beggining (I was hoping a Sword of Altair like), it becomes pointless, just like the whole game! (o:
Lol yeah, you're the same from beginning to end.

AdamPearce
06-30-2013, 05:27 AM
i think they said in an interview that there will be less QTE :)

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

AdamPearce
06-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Lol yeah, you're the same from beginning to end.

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/cant-tell-if-sincere-or-just-being-sarcastic.jpg

Kit572
06-30-2013, 07:35 AM
"Edward can also choose to stick dynamite up a whale's *** and create an ingenious trap for unwary enemies at sea!"
I'm not sure PETA would approve of this feature. :)

I thought PETA loved to kill animals?