PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Perks

GeekElement
06-29-2013, 12:23 AM
What are peoples favorite perks?
what combos of perks have you found to be absolutely awesome?
what perks seem OP when put on certan fighting styles?

can you have multiple of the same perk on a fighter, and have the ability stack?

for instance. can my unarmed fighter have 3 unarmed perks on him?

Discuss!

RoderickCox
06-29-2013, 05:50 AM
15% lifesteal op

Amthyre
06-29-2013, 09:15 AM
One of the issues with the game is there is no reference for all the perks in the game. So, it is really hard to discover the best perks to use. You simply have to play. I can tell you that Frenzy of the Crowd is a good perk. It is one of the +15% damage, +2% speed, blah blah when crowd approval is high perks. There is also another perk that is similar when your have high health. I do think they stack. I don't know about matching perks... Don't know if those stack. For the most part, the perks are pointless.

ManOfSteel4384
06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Jupiters luck is the best perk ive seen brought my guy from 165 to 205

plaguedog
06-30-2013, 08:45 PM

****, and I passed that one up. For leveling up and grinding I like the perk that gives you a crowd favor bonus. Makes it real easy to get the meter full for the execution at the end of the match. Then again all you have to do is go to the pits and fight there. No problem loping heads/arms/legs/faces there....

TwiiSteDKuSh87
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM

yeah i think what jupiters luck does is it gives 2 perks each fight at random, can't be sure but i always seem to have diffrent perks each match when i had that perk

Amthyre
07-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Jupiter's Luck gives the gladiator a bonus of +50 to rating. Beyond that, I have no clue.

obsessivepie
07-01-2013, 04:37 AM
well right now my spear+shield gladiator has two op perks, one enables me to have infinite defense as long as my health is high and the other grants me immunity to grabs if the crowd is satisfied

TR.Fathamburger
07-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Wrath of the Gods. Brings you up 50 pts but nothing much about what it actually does. I'm assuming it just means a big *** damage increase.

vOFlipOv
07-01-2013, 05:04 PM
As of right now i have o my legedary 2 handed sword that you unlock on reaching level 21

Frenzy of the crowd
Gain +10% damage +2% attack speed and +5% move speed when high favor with the crowd
Good Fortune
Your gladiators chance of being struck by a critical hit is reduced by 50%
Resurrection
Gain more health from your second wind
Hurried Butcher
+4% Attack speed
Gladiators Panacea
15% of damage dealt will be returned as health

As for Wraith of the gods i think it's useless i declined 3 of them and used one it only brings your rating up, But guess you can use it to fight higher rating computer gladiators but is a waste of 2 gold just to delete the perk and a waste of perk slot.

KhaineIncanate
07-07-2013, 05:09 PM
one of my blue guys has the fearless fists+gladiator's panacea+anti-dull edge. the first raises his unarmed stats. the second is a lifesteal. the third raises your dmg, crit, attack speed, and some other stuff against dagger/sword wielders. im sure there are better combos out there, but i love what i have. besides i don't buy gold, so im fairly limited in what i use

Silhouelle
07-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I found one that reduces chance of being hit by a crit by 50%! Can't remember the name though and I'm not on the game at the moment. Pretty awesome though. :)

Karma_Cop
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
I would say Jupiters Luck but a match after I got it someone quit and I lost my gladiator. So didn't get much of a run with it, still a little broken up...things just don't seem the same around the Ludus without him ;)

I'm constantly second guessing if the one they're offering is better than the ones I have. I find I rarely run out of defense so I avoid those. I've also avoided ones that relate to crowd favor although I might rethink that. They just didn't seem as strong. Most of the ones I hold onto are for critical hit/increased damage range.

xXMrShowXx
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
On the legendary glad that I lost due to a freeze on a CPU match I had these

Jupiter's luck
Jupiter's might
Forget the name, but the one that stops you from being grappled if you have favor with the crowd (******* CPU's always grappling when their defense is low pissed me off)
Hurried butcher
Frenzy of the crowd

I stacked up gear that boosted my attack speed and offered HP and a little defense, had 90+ HP and around 85 defense. 302 Rating. Attack damage was a little low, but the attack speed was a worthy trade off. 50 matches, 0 losses. The guy was a beast. I didn't even fight with him online, I knew if someone seen the 302 rating, and work I put into him, they'd quit the match just in hopes of me losing him, and knowing my luck I'd lose him after one quit rather than two. HA that plan didn't work out very well.

Invested around 20 gold in him, cost me 11 gold to buy him off the market I believe, and replaced perks more than a few times in order to achieve that godlike quality

Look up the perks on youtube if you really wanna know what Jupiter's luck does

Silhouelle
07-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Hurried Butcher (+4% attack speed) and something of the Crowd (+dmg and attack speed) combined with gear and weapons that increase attack speed. I obliterated Spartacus using dual swords like that cause I was just attacking so fast even when he dodged I'd just hit him miliseconds later. Totally awesome. :D

SammyNYC
07-17-2013, 08:06 PM
I really like Hurried Butcher also.

Too bad I had two pink gladiators with that skill deleted by quitters....