PDA

View Full Version : Official Road to Paris website and Online Sign-up website!

Aza404
06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Dear Champions,

The official Road to Paris website is now up and running!
Check it out to see how to compete, where to sign up and what is required to win a ticket on the Road to Paris Worldwide championship!
http://road2paris.com/

Good luck,
Aza

hydramarine
06-28-2013, 03:36 PM
•The competition is only open to players from the following countries: United States, England, Poland, Spain, Italy, France, Canada and Germany

Even online tournaments?

Le.Rancord
06-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Well nice, im locked out hurray. There is one tourney each year and Im not allowed to compete.....

Matrix.disc
06-28-2013, 06:01 PM
If this is true, then some of The Best of The Best like CuCu99, Rancord, Hydramarine or even last year's 2nd place MnM_vs_Smarties can't compete. How is that "best players in the world" competition?

M0rw47h
06-28-2013, 06:14 PM
It's so unfair that we all should boycott it.

deatrick42
06-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Also... The North American Live Finals are in september, but the Wildcard is in August.

How then, is the North American 2nd place person supposed to compete in the wildcard if they haven't even become 2nd place yet?

Adderdin
06-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Dear Champions,

The official Road to Paris website is now up and running!
Check it out to see how to compete, where to sign up and what is required to win a ticket on the Road to Paris Worldwide championship!
http://road2paris.com/

Good luck,
Aza

Too little info to even bother registering. We dont know if we will have to play with our decks (totally fair right? nergal's ftw) or would every player get an equal chance by playing with deck chosen from a premade set of cards?

What happens if servers crash? Same deal like with swiss and jackpot tournaments or something different? Too little info to even bother registering, excluding players from specific countries is just disgusting.

Ipwnfour
06-28-2013, 07:50 PM
EDIT: thanks for your understanding

SpaceElephant
06-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi guys! We removed those countries from the website because, of course, it causes confusion and it will be open to much more countries! We will whitelist more and more countries as the days go. The hard part here is that we have to get rules for EVERY country where we are hosting the tournament, so unfortunately, we'll have to exclude some countries where local regulations doesn't allow this kind of tournament. I can tell you, for example, that we won't be able to support North Korea, as their regulation doesn't allow a championship to include elements of "luck". As DoC is a mix of luck and skills, we won't be able to support online qualifiers there. There are other examples like this.

We want to minimize the risk of bad surprises and legal issues, that's why we are trying to do our homework and explore the rules of different countries.

Our goal is to include the most players possible, at the same time, if we commit ourselves to offer those players a flight to Paris, we want to make sure it's legally doable (and that your government will allow you to take that flight) ;)

Cheers
SpaceE

trupiciel
06-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Phew, so Poland is not like North Korea. Had my doubts.

deatrick42
06-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Thats good news.

ooOAlienOoo
06-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi guy, i cant register...

I get this error ==> Error : 200-> SyntaxError: incorrect Character :nonchalance:

Le.Rancord
06-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Only normal ranked count, so if I play swiss and jackpot those results wouldnt matter right?

Oblit3rate
06-29-2013, 05:55 PM
To me this makes absolutely no sense. There should be a separate queue where only people registered for the event could play, something like the Jackpot ladder.

Le.Rancord
06-29-2013, 10:32 PM
will be ahrd to find opponents then for 50 games though

Oblit3rate
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe at some hours of the day it would become hard but at regular play times for the majority of players it wouldnt.
Do realize that if you make 50-0, something not that hard in Elo, you then have the choice of either risking your rating (lol) or stop playing ladder for a month. Does this sound reasonable ?

Meh, whatever... I dont care about this anyway but its decisions like these that keep throwing me off the game.

Enclase
06-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Did you even think about the things you do? All what you reach with this stupid system is, that everyone is trying to get a good statistic for 50 games (or the point, where he is thinking that he has a winpercentage that is good enough) and after it he will stop playing for this month...and if he is clever, he will find other games in the time where he cant play rankeds anymore...

Really. Im sad about so much FLOWERINESS. Hearthstone, Hex & Co. will crush you finally and after it you will maybe realize, that you have destroyed the cardgame with the, probably, biggest potential because of wrong decissions and incompetence over and over.

...but...why am i even talking about this. Nothing will change anyway - you just have not learned how to act like a professional developer - and you will never learn it (PreRelease-Event, Swiss-Bugs without compensation, delay of the expansion without compensation, still no new matchmakingsystem, no balance-patches since the last expansion 'League of Nergal - Die Haven!', funny randomqualifiers for your 'who is the luckiest guy and right now randomly at our liveevent'-worldchampionship...only a few examples for things, what a serious company would never let happen) ...and this is it, what will break the neck of this game really soon...and you know what? Its completly deserved.

Greetz,
Enclase

Oblit3rate
06-30-2013, 10:19 AM
^^ Enclase just summed it up.

trupiciel
06-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, props to Enclase for writing what's in his heart :D

I realised some time ago that I'll play only ~50 games this month and that's gonna be it. Should've waited with the subscrition till like 28th of July. Silly me.

Oblit3rate
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah, props to Enclase for writing what's in his heart :D

I realised some time ago that I'll play only ~50 games this month and that's gonna be it. Should've waited with the subscrition till like 28th of July. Silly me.

I thought about that and it should really be an "unregister" button somewhere...

sickq2
07-01-2013, 05:15 AM
im polish but i live in ireland
am i allowed to participate in the online qualifiers?

i assume that most of the high elo players play 10-40 games a day
in order to get the best possible win percentage over the course of the month it would be wise imo to play between 50 and 100 games total
that means that after a couple days of playing the player might be afraid of playing a single match for the rest of the month
i would like to play your game for more then 3 days a month ... so my 2nd question is:
when does the registration period expire?

all of this could be easily avoided by makeing the quilifier in a seperate queue like jackpot/swiss
such a bad decision makeing on your part guys
its hard to not agree with Enclase
i really like your game but im getting dissapointed over and over again

Ipwnfour
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
1st of July, so the start of the 'qualification' for WC'13.

I thought lets play a few duels.
In my 2nd game someone unannouncedly turned off the power of my entire appartment...

20min later when everything is back on, I play my 3rd game. Game crash on turn 2...

Guess I'm out already. =/

lorindil
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
i assume that most of the high elo players play 10-40 games a day
in order to get the best possible win percentage over the course of the month it would be wise imo to play between 50 and 100 games total
that means that after a couple days of playing the player might be afraid of playing a single match for the rest of the month
i would like to play your game for more then 3 days a month ... so my 2nd question is:
when does the registration period expire?

After asking a CM i had this answer : jackpot & swiss tournmanent should be playable without any influence on our ratio. He can't give me a sure answer.

The worst in this case, is that you only need to be 1100+ at registration, after that your elo seems doesn't matter at all.

So, if you're motivated, the easiest way to be qualifier :

- Register at 1100+
- Freeloose on jackpot tournament to be 501 elo.
- Faceroll 10-0, freeloose again to 501
- Repeat until 50-0.
Now you can rush your elo again on swiss tournament & jackpot.

Enjoy our final ranked with :

4 people 50-0,
10 people 49-1
& 25 people 48-2 ... how to choose the 16th best (lol) players ...

Like a friend of mine says : "it look like it's a 8 years old kid who take all important decision for this game."

trupiciel
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
The worst in this case, is that you only need to be 1100+ at registration, after that your elo seems doesn't matter at all.

- Register at 1100+
- Repeat until 50-0.

4 people 50-0,
10 people 49-1
"

If someone is willing to go through so much I have nothing but respect for the effort :D

But seriously, that's not gonna happen. I can asure you. I have personally reported players for lowering their elo and farming noobs and saw Ubisoft take necessary steps to punish them.
And imagine, if we see some random players during the month popping out from nowhere and suddenly get 50 winstreaks we will all try to find them on ladderboards and pay close attention to them.
Also, lowering your elo on purpose is against the game rules, it's forbidden and bannable.

After asking a CM i had this answer : jackpot & swiss tournmanent should be playable without any influence on our ratio. He can't give me a sure answer.
I really need a sure confirmation on that.

I thought lets play a few duels.
In my 2nd game someone unannouncedly turned off the power of my entire appartment...

20min later when everything is back on, I play my 3rd game. Game crash on turn 2...

Apple says... invest in I-pad and worry not about the power shortages :P

lorindil
07-01-2013, 11:29 AM
in doubt i'll not play until we have an official answer

Ipwnfour
07-01-2013, 11:40 AM

- Register at 1100+
- Repeat until 50-0.

4 people 50-0,
10 people 49-1

Like a friend of mine says : "it look like it's a 8 years old kid who take all important decision for this game."

Only games where your ELO is 1100+ will be taken into account. So lowering your ELO in Jackpot will only waste your time.

lorindil
07-01-2013, 11:51 AM
nice to know that.

But it's a shame to don't have all the rules/informations on the official website.

MnM's could you confirm us that swiss & jackpot tournament doesn't count to this ratio ladder ?

Ipwnfour
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM
nice to know that.

But it's a shame to don't have all the rules/informations on the official website.

MnM's could you confirm us that swiss & jackpot tournament doesn't count to this ratio ladder ?

I did: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/778846-Questions-about-organization-of-online-part?p=9143419&viewfull=1#post9143419

An yea, I agree that the official page lacks so much information.

Durendal100
07-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Is it on or we need to wait ??? When Brackets & Standings will be added?

del170109032657
07-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey everyone! The leaderboard is scheduled to launch shortly, but we are waiting for legal to give final approval on everything. Apologies for the crazy delay but rankings should be available soon.

snakedune
07-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Hey everyone! The leaderboard is scheduled to launch shortly, but we are waiting for legal to give final approval on everything. Apologies for the crazy delay but rankings should be available soon.

Sry, but your leaderboard is wrong or at least it has some bug. I didn't play 270 games in 1 day. It is not possible...are u joking?

trupiciel
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Well, I'm glad you have placed me in the top 16 already, but that's wrong. I keep track of all my normal DUEL (not Jakcpot, not Swiss) games, and I have played only 16 of them with one loss.

ziomexraff ????
Iamjly ????
othermaciej 1027
Ameliu 940
UmbrellaExile 1420
Kampaj1 1085
Kosiorski5 1100
Jankes2608 1019
Randomdude 1111
Randomdude 1001

Sarak2013 1074
Tysonek22 10xx Ariana LOSS
Ken-Han 1086
Guillouet 1059 Xorm
Aros125 870 Nergal
Gyzoux 1094 Ishuma

My guess is that you have counted all of the games i've played since the 1st, including jackpot ones. Naughty, naughty. :cool:

M0rw47h
07-04-2013, 10:07 AM
You guys should add possibility to log with in-game name. I believe that Im not the only person who has no clues about e-mail attached to main account ;s

snakedune
07-04-2013, 10:09 AM
and what about me Trupiciel:D I played only like 30-40 games on monday, 3-4 on tue, and just it...and how they calculated 270....

Durendal100
07-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Oki so first we wait for leaderboard to work, now we will wait for fix just after its up :D

M0rw47h
07-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Honestly it should count all the games including jackpot and swiss, otherwise Im not allowed to troll with Nooboru :mad:.

xRoni
07-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi, i have one question you need to register with your ingame/uplay nick or with email? Becouse I registered with ingame nick and i cant find myself on the bracket ;/

Fortep
07-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I played but I am not on the ranking table...

M0rw47h
07-04-2013, 01:59 PM

You need to sign up on R2P website.

Discomfort2
07-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I have played a lot of matches mostly wins but .... on http://road2paris.com/brackets-standings/ I have loss=5 .. nothing more :(
wtf?
is it random or what ?

zenithale
07-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Same for me.

You need to sign up on R2P website.
Already did it few days ago, of course.

Ipwnfour
07-04-2013, 04:20 PM
The leaderboard is incorrect. Did it start counting from the moment you sign up? Including games played in June?

I haven't lost a single duel in July and I have my doubts the leaderboard will be adjusted accordingly.

Kurgen007
07-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes there is something not right with the leader board, no way have I played 132 games in 4 days, even with the first off just not possible. I have a feeling it has been counting games since you signed up for it.

Discomfort2
07-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Wow
Now I have 6 win 0 loss :D
So it is random for sure :)
It is like lottery. I wonder if I have enough luck to become world champion:D
Do something with this comedy please

trupiciel
07-05-2013, 01:00 AM
How in the nine hells do I have a lost game in the bracket (http://road2paris.com/brackets-standings/)? I have not lost a single duel since the maintnance time / since the standings were refreshed. What is this FLOWERNESS... I know the game is free and all, but come on... seriously? It's totally random?

Ipwnfour
07-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Ok, so the standings have been reset. Unfortunate for some (zzzPinkzzz and DerErklarbar among others) but I guess the most fair to everyone else.

To be honest, I'm afraid to play any games now. I have not seen any official announcement that the standings are reset, or adjusted, or that it's maybe a fault again. Some explanation would be really helpful right now.

Furthermore, now it seems reset anyway, maybe we can adjust the whole system of 'qualifying'? It's too luck based. Many players can run a deck that goes 50-0, but are dependent on non-skill variables, such as server stability, game crashes and the awkward 'I-counter-everything-but-normal-decks type of decks'.

DanielKurzempa
07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
http://clip2net.com/clip/m127082/1373008138-fb403-139kb.png

Maruth24
07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
MnM you have right but is really sick to make 50 win perfect streak and to see the ranking resetted (i am zzzpinkzzz)

Le.Rancord
07-05-2013, 02:03 PM
can we play now, or will there be another reset, will swiss count or jackpott or whatever? Im confused now

Harmbringer
07-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Also confused, did play yesterday some games to have it done, now IŽm really pissed. As my motivation is going anyway and now that my games are deleted, without any information...
DonŽt know what games are counted. Anyway, I only wanted to play those 50 games and leave it for this month.
Had 10:0 Wins... DoesnŽt count anything, but IŽll quit it until things are really clarified!
Horror how this organisation is done... Sorry

NorsemanXXI
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
As far as I can tell, the rules clearly state that it's the win percentage of JULY normal matches. It doesn't matter when you start playing or when you register, as far as I can understand, the register is just for your name to show up in the table. Even if you register at the end of the month, it will still count the whole month or else people would just register at the end of the month and do the 50 matches then.

I believe whatever matches people played, already counted. The results that show in table might not be the correct ones and it might be that they are trying to fix.

If it starts counting when they say or when people register, then the system is even worst than I thought.

Harmbringer
07-05-2013, 02:55 PM
would be good, and I hope so, but official statement would be nice...

del170109032657
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Hey guys! Just a heads up, I was personally out of the office yesterday due to the 4th of July holiday so I'm trying to get all the details/answers about the leaderboard together. I'll get them to you as soon as possible. Sorry on the delay. Remember, I'm here to make this tournament the best it can possibly be. If there are concerns, talk to me. I'm fighting for you guys. :)

I'm hoping to get clarity on this in the coming hours and I will update here.

del170109032657
07-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Alright, I've managed to gather as much information as I could. Here is what I have found out guys.

-The qualifier is running from the time that the leaderboards were posted through the end of the month. The leaderboard as it sits right now is correct and will count all regular duels from now until the end of the month.

-There is no advantage to registering later. If you register on the last day of the month, all of your matches from when the leaderboards went live will still be counted.

-Finally, I've tried to put together all the most common questions/answers in one thread. Check here and let me know if you feel something is missing: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/779383-Frequently-Asked-Questions-amp-Answers

Please let me know if you guys have any other questions or if you run into any other situations that call for clarification.

DerErklarbar
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
too bad u dont count the games on the first second of juli (as mentioned on the homepage and all the announcements) so my nice win streak was deleted (btw: thx to mnm_smarties. i havent noticed that my winstreak was on the ranking for a short tie - just looked yesterday and wondered why im not listed ^^). But nevertheless seems like i have to fight again. =)
Good luck and have fun to all of u guys!

M0rw47h
07-06-2013, 10:24 AM
(...)But nevertheless seems like i have to fight again. =)
Good luck and have fun to all of u guys!

Thats the proper spirit!

del170109032657
07-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Update: The leaderboard has been updated! (Finally! :) )

Check out the new standings here: http://road2paris.com/brackets-standings/