PDA

View Full Version : Game levels and Rift quests - dev diary 43

Vorbann
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi there,

After the presentation of season 4 legacy, weíre back to a more classic-style dev diary this week in order to present the contents of the next update, which will be fairly small.

Letís start straight away with the important point youíre interested in.
Weíve modified the rank levels for the Tournament of Asha on the PvP worlds (both normal and strategic). In general, they have been lowered.
On a normal PvP world, the rank levels have been changed as follows:
- 1: 20,000
- 2: 40,000
- 3: 64,000
- 4: 92,000
- 5: 124,000
- 6: 160,000
- 7: 200,000
- 8: 244,000
- 9: 292,000
- 10: 344,000

On a strategic PvP world, the new levels are:
- 1: 20,000
- 2: 30,000
- 3: 44,000
- 4: 62,000
- 5: 84,000
- 6: 110,000
- 7: 140,000
- 8: 174,000
- 9: 212,000
- 10: 254,000

This will speed up the end of the game on these worlds.

Once the update is installed, the level differences wonít be instantaneous. You will have to earn points in the Tournament of Asha for the new values to apply and your current level to be updated.

We have also added some quests that present crevices to new players. A new quest chain will appear once you have freed the first circle in your first region. It will make crevices appear next to your town, and only you will be able to interact with them. Itís at this point that the different workings of crevices will be explained to you.
If you have already validated the liberation quest for the first circle, the quest chain wonít appear.
These quests are only active on PvE worlds.

And to finish off, this version corrects the last bug that stopped you from connecting to a world if your Grail was being attacked by Dark Elves. This correction was installed independently a few days ago.

And thatís it for this little update. Itíll be implemented very shortly.

Vorbann

Thorsson64
06-29-2013, 08:46 PM
You need to do something really urgently about the Strategic Worlds. They are way too small. And I mean WAY.

Thorsson64
06-30-2013, 07:54 PM
And while I have your attention, you really need to stop hiding behind the excuse that you're not responsible for scripts. That's not what good customer service looks like. The scripts fill gaps that you have left, and right now one of those gaps is a big gap again, given that Lookout (Vigie), which has worked since Beta, no longer does. This failure has already hurt me several times, and is almost enough on its own to make me leave the game again. If you continue with your current attitude it's only a matter of time until you break something even more vital - and then everyone will leave.

Wake up and smell the napalm.

ramborusina
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Why do strategic worlds have lower requirements in points...? That's where active people mainly play while normal worlds are dying as they last too long...

Vorbann
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Hello,

They have lower points requirements because they have less players.
So there are less available targets for alliances to win points from.

Vorbann

zamz
09-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Still none is attacking anyone in strategic world and weak alliances wont build, because u can change mines so people build big town clusters and that's not strategic at all. Remove all the seal abilities from the strategic world, so we could actually play it strategically ! It's not strategic when people settle where they want and expand their territory as they please and put town clusters on border. If it's a entry fee world, IT SHOULD BE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE !!!!

ramborusina
09-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Vorbann that's not even funny when you say it like that... We're fighting from victory with 2 alliances, rest are WAAYYYYY behind(no chance of them stealing from us or vice-versa). On strategic world 4-5 alliances are duking it out... Out of 400 people about 100 people have 1 mil or more domination in my world... This is so messed up. If we had even the same lower score-limit it might finally end. Are you going to make worlds with proper rules anymore?(by that I mean S3 end-game not this crappy dead tournament idea where first to take lead -> turtle time-start S4 end-game)