PDA

View Full Version : Multi turn spell concept

thenum1geordie
06-27-2013, 09:50 PM
While looking at different tactics in deck building I came across the fairly unique spell cards Blizzard (http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Blizzard.png) and Contagion (http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Contagion.png). What makes these cards stand out to me is while their game effects vary in how they add counters or deal direct damage the fact that they can 'hang around' gives temporary board control very much like a row or column enchant.

Expanding on this concept led me to come up with a multi turn spell for some of the decks. While I think each could be viable they are really only designed as an illustration of how the multi-turn spell concept works.

Light:
0/4/1
Jacob's Ladder

Enchant Row:
A beam of holy light travels across the board healing friendly creatures for 3 OR burning enemy creatures for 3.

Notes: Moves one tile per turn right to left

Air
0/6/0
Dust Devil

Enchant Column:
A dust devil travels diagonally across the board displacing friendly and enemy creatures into a random valid adjacent square if no square is valid deal 3 damage.

Notes: Moves one diagonal per turn right to left, heads down if above middle of board, up if below, 'bounces' at top/bottom.

Earth
0/6/0
Avalanche

Enchant Row:
A cascade of rock travels down the board preventing all damage dealt by melee and shooters. Damage does not remove this effect.

Notes: Starts at top of board 1 row thick increasing to 2 rows thick then moving down the board as a block of two lasts 5 turns total.

Fire
0/6/0
Volcano

Enchant Row:
A fiery volcano erupts in target row causing 5 damage to all creatures in that row and, if possible, inflicting the burning spell.
Burning: Deals 2 damage to target at the beginning of each turn then, if possible, Burning enchants all adjacent creatures.

Lloydxmas855
07-31-2013, 03:58 AM
Cool idea, but your example for the Inferno Volcano is WAAAAY too OP.

hydramarine
07-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Interesting concept. Schools like water makes perfect sense for "moving effects".

Hantziie
07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Interesting, but i think we have already enough powerfull spells.