PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

girl-gets-high
06-27-2013, 06:25 PM
First off, I just want to say that I've been playing the assassins creed story since day one and I love the series.
I recently beat Assassins Creed 3 this past week and I have to say.. I was pretty disappointed with the overall game play and thought that the story was very short.

When playing AC3, I ran into many problems with bugs and glitches like when free-running, Connor would randomly stop running and force me to jump off a building or tree. When doing some of the missions, I ran into problems like the HUD disappearing. When I was collecting almanacs, I lost 2 of them, and now they won't come back.

The game was very glitchy and even managed to scare the crap out of me when trying to take over a Templar fort, I was just about to blow up a powder reserve and the game messed up and the screen went gray and proceeded to make this very loud electronic high pitched sound (like when switching from menu to menu, except prolonged and again, VERY loud. I can still hear it, it scared me so bad!

The main reason why I was so disappointed with this game is because I really enjoyed the concept and the story, but the glitches and bugs really took away from my gameplay experience and made the game very frustrating and annoying at some times.

As I type this, I'm replaying Revelations and I don't know how Ubisoft could go from a game that was so good, graphics, cut-scenes and all, to a game like AC3, which feels like it was rushed and was not thoroughly tested.

I will continue to play the series due to my love of the story and characters. I just hope that the next one isn't as buggy and is actually enjoyable.

kosmoscreed
06-28-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm replaying it right now and I'm having more fun that when I played at launch, I can handle the bugs, but the mission design is so frikin bad in my opinion, most of the time it looks like they didn't bother to test anything at all, I rather stay all day in the frontier jumping and collecting stuff than doing the story missions (most of them). Chapter 8 sucks hard in my opinion.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Sounds like you are playing on PC? Thats a lot of weird stuff for that to be on consoles...

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Sounds like you are playing on PC? Thats a lot of weird stuff for that to be on consoles...
Run away NOW

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/8/89055/1643120-tommyleejones.jpg