PDA

View Full Version : What would really be cool in PT......

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi all. There are some things that would be cool in SC:PT and some things would'nt be. i mean people want to slit throats correct?, but if you ask me its just not sam's style. you would hear them garle away as u cut, and blood would probobaly spirt everywhere making a right mess.

now what i would like to see it PT is more combinations. example if u hit right trigger u will elbow the outcold, so if u hit right trigger then quikly tap A button he does 1 move knocking him out and picking him up. stuff like that. I think MP is excellent idea, going in as a team in coop is gonna rock http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I dont think viehicles are a good idea either, i mean we dont wanna turn splinter cell: padora tommrow into splinter cell: pandora-field 1942 now do we? Im all for new gadgets and silcenced weapons. I would also like a kind of escape mission. Lets say that in a cinematic you get found out and the terrorists take u to a building somwhere or somthing and beat u up a little. it would be cool for one mission to sneak around hearing them say "Oh my god hes escaped!" and then piciking up their AKs and using them in one gunz blazing mission. what do u think would be cool in PT?

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi all. There are some things that would be cool in SC:PT and some things would'nt be. i mean people want to slit throats correct?, but if you ask me its just not sam's style. you would hear them garle away as u cut, and blood would probobaly spirt everywhere making a right mess.

now what i would like to see it PT is more combinations. example if u hit right trigger u will elbow the outcold, so if u hit right trigger then quikly tap A button he does 1 move knocking him out and picking him up. stuff like that. I think MP is excellent idea, going in as a team in coop is gonna rock http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I dont think viehicles are a good idea either, i mean we dont wanna turn splinter cell: padora tommrow into splinter cell: pandora-field 1942 now do we? Im all for new gadgets and silcenced weapons. I would also like a kind of escape mission. Lets say that in a cinematic you get found out and the terrorists take u to a building somwhere or somthing and beat u up a little. it would be cool for one mission to sneak around hearing them say "Oh my god hes escaped!" and then piciking up their AKs and using them in one gunz blazing mission. what do u think would be cool in PT?

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 06:28 PM
I would really like a gadget that sends out a supersonic noice that drives dogs into insanity and melee combos and last but not least i want some sort of suckingdisc enableing Sam to crawl up of windows or steel plates.

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 08:09 PM
melee combos???

SPlintercell isnt Mortal Kombat.

http://www.x-plane.org/users/usa320/sig.jpg

<marquee width="400">"The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity"--SC FORUM OVERNIGHT SHIFT--RESPECTED-Drem, Trubored,Sepul-Chaos, Troy, Nj, S7n, NSA,Kmcentyr, Evo,Dmaskiew. Bergeyman, G4ce--"Ubisoft is the United Airlines of The Software industry"--</mauquee>

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Once again: Not too many new gadgets should be added, or it becomes too unrealistic. I am discouraged by this unrealistic talk. "More gadgets! More gadgets! More gadgets!" the people shout. They would be too heavy, and would also make clinking noises. Fisher is extraordinary, and can do many things, but he is not a superman or a fool. Or, if you wish new gadgets, then the manufacturer should remove a few of the ones which he has now.What would be better would be just a few more carefully chosen new moves, or more acurately combat manuverss. But here goes.

Fisher can roll, and can approach from behind. Why can he not roll into someone from behind, smoothly knocking them down?

Someone said the enemies should flinch when they are struck by Fisher. This is true. But in addition Fisher should be able to employ a leg reap to take the enemy to the ground from the front.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Ok guys, we all love new gadgets, but don't you think it's too much? Hey i'm SC die hard and I know you guys sre too. All our wishes and hopes for SC:PT are all good. Consider this: How about a special strike team whenever sam triggers an alarm? That would be cool huh? How about when sam is caught behind enemy lines? It would be nice if the so called NetShadows will show up huh? Afterall, it takes a strike team to tango! Combos are good. some few karate moves would be nice afterall sam is a special agent... i mean a really specially tarined covert operative. so some martial arts are not bad. One more thing... have you guys noticed when you're palying SC specially on the last missions when sam first sky dived to his extraction point, he wears that head gear: a ninja like black bonnet. man when i saw sam wearing that i felt like this is more realistic. a complete camouflage. sam looks more "STEALTHY" there for a while. think of it guys. Just imagine.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 01:32 AM
"Black bonnet?" No. Bonnets are old-fasioned headgear for women. The proper word is s balaclava, but you are correct. He already knows some martial arts. Do you suppose someone who does not already know something about martial arts is worthy to learn the split jump? Most tellingly, he is very strong. Yet I do not care how strong he is, no person can hang onto the side of a building, bearing all their weight, for an indefinite period of time, unless they know quite a bit about meditation. So, he does. If he knows about meditation, then it is not so much of a stretch for him to know martial arts. Does he genuinely know ninjitsu? Possibly. But most likely he knows an argot, a mixture. The elbow strike was a good choice. It can be more powerful than a punch and it is taught in Army Field Manual 3-25.150 chapter 6.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 08:09 AM
usa320 wrote

-melee combos?

-Splintercell isn't Mortal combat

No but every1 knows how to hit multible times on an enemy so why not Sam?.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
I can see it both ways . . . I like the idea of new gadgets, but I agree that they would become to heavy. So my question is why doesn't the user get the option to choose what items we carry during a mission. Say we get a briefing and by what we are told we have to prepare for that particular mission. If we don't pay close enough attention we're behind enemy lines without the right tools to complete the mission. I think we would all win in that aspect. We'd get more gadgets, but wouldn't have to lug them all over the place.

What do you think?

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 08:53 PM
i think it would be really cool to have a weapon select option like in rainbow six 3. if you want to go into a mission with nothing but sticky shockers then u should be able to do that.. if you would rather have sticky cams, go for it. what do you guys think?

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Whats up i think they sholud replace the pistol because it only good at short range and i only use it when i run out of SC2k ammo and second have you guys ever spent hour after hour checkpoint after check point tyin to sneak up on a enemy with or with our a gun i wish there was a way to hold up your gone and say freeze!!!! and lead him to where the mission goes done. what do you think??

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:03 AM
Give up the pistol? A suppressed pistol is a covert operative's best, and often only, friend. That Ubi did a poor job of modelling an incredible gun is no reason to scrap it. Want some simple, real life specs on that weapon? Flat trajectory to 200 meters and still capable of penetrating 48 layers of Kevlar at that range. Light recoil, 20 rounds in about the same space of 13 rounds of 9mm with tremendous more stopping power per round and less chance of over-penetration. Still want to scrap the pistol? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Also, I think weapon physics should be modelled more realistically. There's no way Sam's getting that F2000 from his back to a decent firing position inside those ventalation shafts, but a pistol works perfectly...

One thing I think should be added: more effective use of the back to wall and peek around corners. Ability to use your pistol while in this mode (hold the pistol out in the direction you're heading down a narrow passage, dropping and facing the other way when you go back-can't shoot straight out, but only in the direction of your movement when in tight places). Also, change the viewing while in back to wall mode-why is it your camera looks AT Sam, while he is looking out from the wall??? Then the view should change back to how it is when he peeks around a corner.