PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you parry and or dodge? PS3

REPLICANT_HUNTR
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
It keeps saying I can parry and dodge but it doesnt say how to in the game manuel. I don't mean roll, I mean dude swings at me and I either dodge out of the way or I parry. Either on or both would be nice. Thank you ahead of time.

Drone456
06-27-2013, 11:52 AM
To dodge you have to press R1 right before the attack hits on the PS3, and I'm assuming RB on the 360. Now be careful with this though, because to me it seems to be hit and miss when it registers it or not (not able to dodge back to back successfully like the computer) and since you have to be standing still, it can leave you open to a free hit or two. I would like if they could take away the roll functionality on R1 and RB since it is already present on the right analog stick. This would allow you to stay mobile whilst allowing you to still dodge as well.

To parry you have to press the same button the person is attacking with before the attack hits. For example, Square to Square, A to A, etc. This is also true with countering grapples. Pressing the grapple button quickly once a grab has been initiated will counter that grapple.

NewOr1g1nal
06-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Check your items. It is alot easier to dodge if your dodge is excellent for your boots instead of limited. Same thing for parry, check you items to make it easier for you.

Silhouelle
07-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Are all the excellent dodge boots those ugly little sandals or similar? Thats one of the reasons I don't use them, much prefer how the other boots looks. Gladiators, you know, have to appease the crowd not only with blood - but looking sexy too. ;)