PDA

View Full Version : AC1 style health bar possible in Black Flag?

pacmanate
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I've seen various videos (Havana and Mayan Ruins) where the sync bar looks the same as AC1 so its got me wondering if it works in the same way. The Havana one also has less segments than the Mayan Ruins gameplay, yet Edward is wearing the same armour. Do you guys think the old health system that is based on ancestor sync is returning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz7Vd9leBtg

x___Luffy___x
06-26-2013, 07:53 PM
i like the old health system that is based on ancestor sync. there is no need to add armor on edward, he already has enough leather armor on him and i like the way it looks now.

dont think that they will make heavy armor sets for edward and armor on a pirate will be ridiculous.

Megas_Doux
06-26-2013, 08:54 PM
I really liked AC3īs health system...

Bashilir
06-26-2013, 10:28 PM

Yeah, what's the deal? They introduce a new HP bar and then just dump it. This sounds like a certain character... Oh wait..

Megas_Doux
06-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Yeah, what's the deal? They introduce a new HP bar and then just dump it. This sounds like a certain character... Oh wait..

I know is hard to believe, but MANY people found AC3īs combat to be difficult LOL!!!!! And here we have the results.......

Ureh
06-26-2013, 10:42 PM
The general consensus is that AC3 combat is hard? I would guess most gamers only breeze through the game once and don't spend enough time to hone their skills. They want easier stuff that won't give them migraines.

The trees and their leaves look great in that vid. It was one of those things that was always an afterthought in previous games (even AC3 leaves looked wierd).

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I know is hard to believe, but MANY people found AC3īs combat to be difficult LOL!!!!! And here we have the results.......
http://i.imgur.com/oC0OZ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/itTc5gM.gif

SixKeys
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't get what the health bar looking different has to do with the game's difficulty. If it's tied to armor giving you more health, then sure, but if you avoid all armor, it works the same as AC3's health bar. (slow regeneration, able to take multiple hits before dying)

Megas_Doux
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oC0OZ.gif

http://kotaku.com/5967220/assassins-creed-iiis-final-chase-sequence-was-the-worst-thing-i-played-all-year

I rest my case :P

I don't get what the health bar looking different has to do with the game's difficulty. If it's tied to armor giving you more health, then sure, but if you avoid all armor, it works the same as AC3's health bar. (slow regeneration, able to take multiple hits before dying)

I read somewhere, have to find it again though, that old synch system from AC1 is back. Which means that the more missions you complete, the more synched you are, and therefore; more "health" is available.

SixKeys
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
http://kotaku.com/5967220/assassins-creed-iiis-final-chase-sequence-was-the-worst-thing-i-played-all-year

That mission wasn't difficult, it was just designed in the worst possible way. I agree with the author that it was one of the worst things I'd played all year.

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 10:59 PM
No idea, lol different hud then people assume it changes everything.

was just designed in the worst possible way ... one of the worst things I'd played all year.
My AC3 experience in a nutshell, lol.

~~~
Back on topic, it's just the hud, they 'claim' they're making the game harder than ever.....let's hope that's true.

Megas_Doux
06-26-2013, 11:27 PM
My AC3 experience in a nutshell, lol.

Nah, you were just bad at it :P

Back on topic, the AC1īs animus is my favorite in terms of visuals.

SixKeys
06-26-2013, 11:30 PM

Mine too. This is my current desktop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvaBKfwh-v0

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 11:31 PM

Bad at what? lol

I was referring to - one of the worst things I'd played all year.

Megas_Doux
06-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Mine too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQZi0vEyyXg

Even the eerie soundtrack! Always give the feeling of being revealing some very mysterious stuff...

Moultonborough
06-27-2013, 04:57 AM

Same here. While I didn't mind the whole amour = more health it was a nice change to it. We had to deal with that formula through 3 three games. That's enough, no need to go back in time. I liked how we got more health in AC1 but didn't like it was forced by doing two things over and over.

monster_rambo
06-27-2013, 05:10 AM
ACR had a somehwat similar health bar with armor.

monster_rambo
06-27-2013, 05:11 AM

Man, that was an easy *** mission. Maybe you suck at easy games?

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 05:17 AM
You`re talking to him?? I`m pretty sure he`s not saying "ohmagodzz I thought it was hard"

It`s Craptaku

I-Like-Pie45
06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
The funny thing is about Chasing Lee is that I have fulfilled all three requirements for full-sync, just never in the same run.

Megas_Doux
06-27-2013, 05:40 AM

I was pointing at the Ripley believe or noT fact that, MANY people considered AC3 has a hard and frustrating game in terms of difficulty. I was NOT talking about me.

I mean, even though I have not experienced any major/game breaking glitch, I can understand complaints in that matter, but never about how "hard" AC was....

Salt-Sage
06-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Not sure why they reverted back. AC3's HUD minimalized screen clutter without drawbacks. It was clean, no need to move stuff around.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Not sure why they reverted back. AC3's HUD minimalized screen clutter without drawbacks. It was clean, no need to move stuff around.
Abstergo animus...that`s why they`re going back....makes sense

pacmanate
06-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Abstergo animus...that`s why they`re going back....makes sense

Nope. It makes no sense that the Animus we used from AC2 onwards had a different interface because Rebecca tweaked it loads. It makes no sense that the HUD style is like AC1 because we are back at Abstergo. It makes no sense.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Nope. It makes no sense that the Animus we used from AC2 onwards had a different interface because Rebecca tweaked it loads. It makes no sense that the HUD style is like AC1 because we are back at Abstergo. It makes no sense.
Actually the animus interface changed just once due to Rebecca...in AC III. it didn't change in Brotherhood and ACR`s interface was caused by the Blackroom...

pacmanate
06-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Actually the animus interface changed just once due to Rebecca...in AC III. it didn't change in Brotherhood and ACR`s interface was caused by the Blackroom...

Noo. It changed in AC2 and ACB, they are different HUD styles. ACR's was broken granted but AC3's was also Rebecca.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Noo. It changed in AC2 and ACB, they are different HUD styles. ACR's was broken granted but AC3's was also Rebecca.
I suggest you look at AC II and ACB again...they`re not different and yes I said AC III was Rebecca...

pacmanate
06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I suggest you look at AC II and ACB again...they`re not different and yes I said AC III was Rebecca...

They are subtly different. The health blocks are smaller in ACB

Ureh
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM

Maybe the Assassins contact us they'll hack the system and alter the HUD for us. Just maybe.

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 04:51 PM
It doesn't matter how it looks, i want to know how it works.

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 06:03 PM
You lose lines when you receive damage :P

pacmanate
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM

... You never played AC1?

Sushiglutton
06-27-2013, 09:05 PM
It's not really that important to me as long as it auto regenerates (out of combat/missions whatever) and doesn't require medicines, repairs etc. I thought the new health system in AC3 was an improvement overall for sure. But if they want to change the appearence/add a bit of upgrading etc it doesn't matter. AC combat has never been about survival anyway, but all about making it look good. So the health system isn't that relevant. I just want it out of my way.

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 09:35 PM
You lose lines when you receive damage :P
I mean how much damage you lose, how fast it regenerates, if we have to use medicine or does it regenerate over time, do we get more health when buting armour... :p

AdamPearce
06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
I hate the new HUD, I hate the new settng, I hate the new character, I hate the new script, I hate Ubisoft for srewing up AC, I hate I hate I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

That said, I don't like this HUD. It is horrible ans it takes a lot of space for nothing, just like the odl ones! AC3's new Menu/ HUD was the best thing they've made, and now they threw it up!!!!

Plus, the ''It's Abstergo Animus now so it's why the HUD is back like AC1'' makes no sense.

> The font for indication has change
> We can SWIM
> Better looking graphics (the evolution of the engine between different AC games was explained by the Evolution of the Animus...)
> The ANIMUS CHANGED, they based from an big machine for One person to a little computer that everybody can uses.

SO, unless they are stupid, Abstergo sould've EVOLUATE their Animus, and this includes the HUD.

M, was right, this game will be crap ;)

AdamPearce
06-28-2013, 06:22 AM
I mean how much damage you lose, how fast it regenerates, if we have to use medicine or does it regenerate over time, do we get more health when buting armour... :p

It's basically the same as AC3 except we will loose More Health when stab by ennemies and that now it is a bar and not an, well, the form in AC3.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 06:27 AM
I hate the new HUD, I hate the new settng, I hate the new character, I hate the new script, I hate Ubisoft for srewing up AC, I hate I hate I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

That said, I don't like this HUD. It is horrible ans it takes a lot of space for nothing, just like the odl ones! AC3's new Menu/ HUD was the best thing they've made, and now they threw it up!!!!

Plus, the ''It's Abstergo Animus now so it's why the HUD is back like AC1'' makes no sense.

> The font for indication has change
> We can SWIM
> Better looking graphics (the evolution of the engine between different AC games was explained by the Evolution of the Animus...)
> The ANIMUS CHANGED, they based from an big machine for One person to a little computer that everybody can uses.

You say it makes no sense and then state the bloody things that make sense, Abstergo Industries has a ****load of cash to develop the damn machine.

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 06:33 AM
M, was right, this game will be crap ;)
I hereby name you second in command...

AdamPearce
06-28-2013, 06:41 AM
You say it makes no sense and then state the bloody things that make sense, Abstergo Industries has a ****load of cash to develop the damn machine.

I just showed that Abstergo's Animus has update just like the Rebecca's one so it makes no sense that they don't have the same HUD. Anyway, I just hope they wont keep the same loading room, otherwise it would an bigger finger in the ***...

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 06:44 AM
I just showed that Abstergo's Animus has update just like the Rebecca's one so it makes no sense that they don't have the same HUD. Anyway, I just hope they wont keep the same loading room, otherwise it would an bigger finger in the ***...
Why would they have the same hud? There isn't a code repository from which both get the software.......both are developing it with their own resources

AdamPearce
06-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Why would they have the same hud? There isn't a code repository from which both get the software.......both are developing it with their own resources

Maybe because 90% of the bloody thing is THE SAME! :) And that both games are developped by the same company...and that the AC3's HUD was way better! The only difference between Rebecca's Animus and Abstergo's Animus is the colour, and the Health/ Notoriety HUD. That's it, otherwise, it's Copy Pasted from AC3.

If they wanted to make something ''different'' at least they should've take the time to make something original. Not something that another team did 6 years ago and that gets a pain for the eyes after 10 minutes.

Like I said of the other thread, I wish Ubsoft thought.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Maybe because 90% of the bloody thing is THE SAME! :) And that both games are developped by the same company...and that the AC3's HUD was way better! The only difference between Rebecca's Animus and Abstergo's Animus is the colour, and the Health/ Notoriety HUD. That's it, otherwise, it's Copy Pasted from AC3.

If they wanted to make something ''different'' at least they should've take the time to make something original. Not something that another team did 6 years ago and that gets a pain for the eyes after 10 minutes.

Like I said of the other thread, I wish Ubsoft thought.
Not like it matters, the best time is had with the hud off ._.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 07:13 AM
I hereby name you second in command...
You actually think this game will be "crap"?

Not what I expected from you O.o

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:15 AM
You actually think this game will be "crap"?

Not what I expected from you O.o
Nah I just like to piss people off :P

Only a small minority are certain that AC IV will be bad...sure, there are pessimists like Sid, but they`re not panning it just yet and still hope that this game will be cool....i`m pissing the optimists like you :P

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 07:17 AM
nah i just like to piss people off :p

only a small minority are certain that ac iv will be bad...sure, there are realists like sid, but they`re not panning it just yet and still hope that this game will be cool....i`m pissing the optimists like you :p
ftfy
Can't remember the last time I said AC4 will be crap...if anything I'll enjoy it as a pirate game. But if the 'assassin' parts aren't satisfying....well then ubi can go plough themselves I might return when they have a franchise that interests me.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Hm? I expect the game to be good yes, but AC3 didn't meet my expectations.

I'm interested in AC4 mainly because it sorta reminds me of FC3.

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:25 AM
ftfy
Can't remember the last time I said AC4 will be crap...if anything I'll enjoy it as a pirate game. But if the 'assassin' parts aren't satisfying....well then ubi can go plough themselves I might return when they have a franchise that interests me.
Alright fine, realist...I never said you called it crap...I just said you were considered a pessimist...

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Hm? I expect the game to be good yes, but AC3 didn't meet my expectations.

I'm interested in AC4 mainly because it sorta reminds me of FC3.
Well lets hope it moves past being a reminder of FC3 and actually play as well as FC3

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Alright fine, realist...I never said you called it crap...I just said you were considered a pessimist...
Yeah well, the opinion of **********s doesn't matter, and no I'm not calling you that.

Not sure why circlej**ks is censored.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Well lets hope it moves past being a reminder of FC3 and actually play as well as FC3
Hey, I had a great time with AC3 aswell. It just needed better mission design, better introduction to the weapons (especially since some weapons it didn't introduce at all: smoke bombs, trip mines, poison darts), would of enjoyed a proper introduction to the Tomahawk and Bow, perhaps Connor should of been presented them in a memory before he taught his friend how to hunt and climb. I also found the guard AI to be a bit annoying in the fact that once one guard was alerted, somehow once you were in a specific range any guard you came across started buzzing towards you, and man that range seemed pretty far.

But no, overall I had a fun time with AC3, and tbh, while it didn't meet my expectations, I don't hold it against it much because I realized my expectations were way too high. I honestly can't say if I prefer FC3 to it or not though, I'm always indecisive.

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Hey, I had a great time with AC3 aswell. It just needed better mission design, better introduction to the weapons (especially since some weapons it didn't introduce at all: smoke bombs, trip mines, poison darts), would of enjoyed a proper introduction to the Tomahawk and Bow, perhaps Connor should of been presented them in a memory before he taught his friend how to hunt and climb. I also found the guard AI to be a bit annoying in the fact that once one guard was alerted, somehow once you were in a specific range any guard you came across started buzzing towards you, and man that range seemed pretty far.

But no, overall I had a fun time with AC3, and tbh, while it didn't meet my expectations, I don't hold it against it much because I realized my expectations were way too high. I honestly can't say if I prefer FC3 to it or not though, I'm always indecisive.
AC III is actually my favorite, because when it played well, it was amazing...the forts, free roam and naval were great

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Your favorite AC game, or what you prefer over FC3? Or both?

And yea, exactly. I love AC3, and I think it's a much better game than what most of these pessimists tend to think.

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Your favorite AC game, or what you prefer over FC3? Or both?

And yea, exactly. I love AC3, and I think it's a much better game than what most of these pessimists tend to think.
Favorite AC game xD (beside AC I) AC is no where near my top favorite games to be honest...

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 07:52 AM
AC is no where near my top favorite games to be honest...
*claps*
*claps hard*
*claps harder*
*hands bleeding, still clapping*
*clapping more than americans*
*clapping more than americans clapped for americans clapping 3*
*dies, still claps from the grave*

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 07:58 AM
*claps*
*claps hard*
*claps harder*
*hands bleeding, still clapping*
*clapping more than americans*
*clapping more than americans clapped for americans clapping 3*
*dies, still claps from the grave*
So zombie clap?

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 07:59 AM
So zombie clap?
Clappity clappity clap!

btw, skoipe.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Favorite AC game xD (beside AC I) AC is no where near my top favorite games to be honest...
Hm.. that's actually surprising to me.

I mean, I knew it wasn't your favorite game, but for it to not be in your top favorites..

Then again, my category system for games that I have played is:

Games I played
Games I love

...so pretty much any game that I actually took the time to completely finished (100%) becomes a game I loved.

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Hm.. that's actually surprising to me.

I mean, I knew it wasn't your favorite game, but for it to not be in your top favorites..

Then again, my category system for games that I have played is:

Games I played
Games I love

...so pretty much any game that I actually took the time to completely finished (100%) becomes a game I loved.
AC is fun and all and has a great story..I mean it`s a great series, but I just played too many good games

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Well, what game series?

My top game series are (in alphabetical order):

Assassin's Creed
Batman: Arkham
BioShock
Civilization
Borderlands
Deus Ex
Fallout (Bethesda ones)
Far Cry (at least if FC4 is a sequel to FC3 rather than just a new game that sort of resembles the previous installment)
Guild Wars
Half-Life
Mass Effect
Portal
Pokemon (not really the best game, but it's fun and addicting, plus it's a gamer staple)
The Elder Scrolls

There are a few games that I think will be added to that list after I play them: Dishonored, The Witcher series, the new Tomb Raider reboot, Destiny looks amazing, and I'm pretty positive that InFamous will become one of my all time favorites once I play it.

edit: this conversation should probably move to PM format

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Well, what game series?
Far Cry (at least if FC4 is a sequel to FC3 rather than just a new game that sort of resembles the previous installment)
You have played other Far Cry games, right?

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Far Cry 2.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Far Cry 2.
Well then you would know that none of the Far Cry games are related, and only the last one had a proper 'story' stuffed into it

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Yes, I know that. That's why I want Far Cry 4 to be a proper sequel.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, I know that. That's why I want Far Cry 4 to be a proper sequel.
But...why? It's a game about exploration, not half baked crappy stories, atleast it was until now.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
..probably because I enjoy stories more than I enjoy games.

That's why I read books before I discovered games actually have stories sometimes.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Stop plaguing my media dammit!

I hope that doesn't happen cause it'll be another franchise Ubi has run into the ground. I don't think i can handle that after PoP, AC, Splinter Cell.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Get of your high horse. You aren't the only person that has say in this matter.

I think the mechanics of the games should be focused on just as well as anyone else would. a good story and setting can be constructed within a year. I think games should be in development for at least two years, optimally three to five, depending on the size of the game. Core mechanics should be worked on.

So far, Assassin's Creed hasn't done this as well as they could, but they still do a good enough job for me. For you, it's different, but I'm glad I don't have your tastes.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM
And just so we're clear I have no problem with story centric games, I just don't like when a franchise changes direction and abandons the core fans.

If you like story centric gmaes, you HAVE to play Witcher 2 you'll be served some of the best story and lore.......provided you don't expect it to be served to you on a silver platter.

I think the mechanics of the games should be focused on just as well as anyone else would. a good story and setting can be constructed within a year. I think games should be in development for at least two years, optimally three to five, depending on the size of the game. Core mechanics should be worked on.

So far, Assassin's Creed hasn't done this as well as they could, but they still do a good enough job for me. For you, it's different, but I'm glad I don't have your tastes.
^Read, I was a bit late in clearing it up. And screw you, it's my horse find your own media to plague.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 09:24 AM

I like you.

Anyway, Back OT

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I have the Witcher and the Witcher 2. I don;t think I can even play the Witcher 2 though due to some sort of graphical issue. I don't think my hardware is powerful enough right now..

GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB RAM
4 GB DDR3
Core 2 Duo 2.14 Ghz
Windows 7 32 bit

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I like you.

Anyway, Back OT
http://i.minus.com/iuXB4ceuVMutR.png

I have the Witcher and the Witcher 2. I don;t think I can even play the Witcher 2 though due to some sort of graphical issue. I don't think my hardware is powerful enough right now..

GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB RAM
4 GB DDR3
Core 2 Duo 2.14 Ghz
Windows 7 32 bit
Oh dear, yeah Witcher 2 is pretty demanding.

You should be able to play The Witcher 1 but it's old school RPG and it's a cult game, not sure if you'll like it, lol.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I have a blue neff beanie.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
I have a blue neff beanie.
I just teasing him because of Infamous, lol.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I just teasing him because of Infamous, lol.

And there is nothing wrong with inFamous...

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
And there is nothing wrong with inFamous...
Red beanie...wear it.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Actually, I've played the introduction mission in The Witcher 1, but then I decided that I wanted to actually finish ACR and play the side missions in AC3, so I'll have to get to it later. Already finished with ACR (got like a 45 hour run on that game), working on AC3 now.

I plan to replay Far Cry 3 after AC3, and then I was thinking Dishonored. I'll play the Witcher series after Dishonored.

.. did you bold my processor and Graphics card details? Yea, they aren't that great. I wanted to build a new PC with funds from my job, but then I got fired. I'm gonna go looking for a new job.. hopefully soon.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Red beanie...wear it.

Your attempts at humour these days baffles me.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Actually, I've played the introduction mission in The Witcher 1, but then I decided that I wanted to actually finish ACR and play the side missions in AC3, so I'll have to get to it later. Already finished with ACR (got like a 45 hour run on that game), working on AC3 now.

I plan to replay Far Cry 3 after AC3, and then I was thinking Dishonored. I'll play the Witcher series after Dishonored.

.. did you bold my processor and Graphics card details? Yea, they aren't that great. I wanted to build a new PC with funds from my job, but then I got fired. I'm gonna go looking for a new job.. hopefully soon.
Yes I highlighted your system, because that sure as hell won't run Witcher 2....or future games.

Your attempts at humour these days baffles me.
You think this is humour, beanie man?

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Future witcher games or future games in general?

My PC has been pretty functional in running current gen games. I was able to play all AC games on max until AC3 came along.. can't run FC3 on max though without terrible FPS.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Future witcher games or future games in general?

My PC has been pretty functional in running current gen games. I was able to play all AC games on max until AC3 came along.. can't run FC3 on max though without terrible FPS.
Future Witcher games? We don't even know if that will happen, they said this is the end of the story. But they MIGHT come back for another game sometime in the future but for now it's the end of the story.

I was talking about future games in general.

Yes well AC graphics are average at best, lol

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I've always thought that AC had some pretty great graphics. Eh, maybe it's just the artistic style that I prefer.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:59 AM
I've always thought that AC had some pretty great graphics. Eh, maybe it's just the artistic style that I prefer.
I wouldn't say they're bad, but they aren't 'great' either.... they're pretty basic mostly.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1052392_584766648230987_2119371013_o.jpg

Kiev is doing the PC port again? This is some major ********, didn't they screw up enough of the last port ffs?

Farlander1991
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Eh, I'm cool with Kiev's ports. In fact, AC PC ports are pretty much some of the best PC ports I've personally experienced, never had a problem with them, and on my laptop they run more smoothly on higher settings than a lot of PC-exclusive games on low.

Though I do understand that, given the sheer amount of different hardware, a number of people would encounter some kind of problems.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Eh, I'm cool with Kiev's ports. In fact, AC PC ports are pretty much some of the best PC ports I've personally experienced, never had a problem with them, and on my laptop they run more smoothly on higher settings than a lot of PC-exclusive games on low.

Though I do understand that, given the sheer amount of different hardware, a number of people would encounter some kind of problems.
AC3 gave me 25-30 fps, piss poor port.

And Kiev only did AC:R and AC3 AFAIK

x___Luffy___x
06-28-2013, 11:04 AM

i agree AC3 was a bad port but i actually did nt had any problems playing it. ( other than the glitches)

i got around 30 to 50 fps.

Farlander1991
06-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Well, regardless of who did what, my experience with AC ports was amazing.

The only downside of the AC3 port in particular is the lack of detailed option customization (which is weird considering that Kiev also did AC:R and that game had everything), but it still didn't hamper my experience because it still ran incredibly well, so I didn't have to really get into detailed tweaking. Not sure about the exact FPS, never checked for that.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 11:39 AM
i agree AC3 was a bad port but i actually did nt had any problems playing it. ( other than the glitches)

i got around 30 to 50 fps.

You have a better rig that Sid

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Not my problem they don't know how to optimize games for multicores. Seriously if they screw this up I'm not buying any game from them....not that I was planning to get the game day 1 anyway.

x___Luffy___x
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM

i dont think so... mine is not that much high end. and i dont know sid's specs...

Spider_Sith9
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Black Flag will suck because AC1 health bar will mean repetitive gameplay. :)