PDA

View Full Version : Official DLC Survey Ubisoft

catkiller97
06-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Dear fans, the games industry is changing and we would like to get your opinion on the future of our games… Please fill out this survey about downloadable content!

You can take the survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/opinion_on_DLC

SaintPerkele
06-26-2013, 06:32 PM
15€ for three small missions, 15€ for some multiplayer maps nobody is going to play anyway and 2€ effing euros for a song? I see you have big plans, Ubisoft. Way to ruin the game industry. Took the survey, hope this will change something.

lothario-da-be
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Those first questions realy worry me, if that is the future of gaming, i am out.

SixKeys
06-26-2013, 08:56 PM
$15 for 3 additional missions? Are they high??

If Red Dead Redemption's DLC offered me the entire world map significantly altered with a full new campaign for $10, why would anyone be crazy enough to pay $15 for three short missions?

$2 for a single item like a costume or weapon is ridiculous. And multiplayer maps are useless DLC because nobody plays them anyway.

Jexx21
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
A ton of people play multiplayer, myself included.

lothario-da-be
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
$15 for 3 additional missions? Are they high??

If Red Dead Redemption's DLC offered me the entire world map significantly altered with a full new campaign for $10, why would anyone be crazy enough to pay $15 for three short missions?

$2 for a single item like a costume or weapon is ridiculous. And multiplayer maps are useless DLC because nobody plays them anyway.
This, you nailed it.

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
A ton of people play multiplayer, myself included.
...did you read what Six said? DLC MAPS are useless because not everyone has them, therefore they are barely used.

Jexx21
06-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I want to comment that Activision already does this with Call of Duty. I think that they were just looking at the generalities of the market and gauging reception to that.

dex3108
06-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Well my opinion is that developers need to promote and expand MP experience by adding new maps and modes for free. And why somebody will ask. It is simple if i purchased game that have MP part i will play it, after some time if they doesn't improve/expand MP experience for free i will stop playing it. 3-4 maps for 10-15$ is not customer friendly. And if developers/publishers want long life of their MP game they should think how they need to attract players not pushing them away with price tag on everything.

Bashilir
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Well my opinion is that developers need to promote and expand MP experience by adding new maps and modes for free. And why somebody will ask. It is simple if i purchased game that have MP part i will play it, after some time if they doesn't improve/expand MP experience for free i will stop playing it. 3-4 maps for 10-15$ is not customer friendly. And if developers/publishers want long life of their MP game they should think how they need to attract players not pushing them away with price tag on everything.

The thing is, they did that back in the olden days. They gave us that church map or whatever in ACB. I don't remember if there were more or something but they did once give free MP maps.

What I'm wondering is, why did it stop? Did they realize they could squeeze out a couple more dollars out of us or what?

pacmanate
06-26-2013, 10:32 PM
$15 is way too high

Ureh
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't play MP or buy DLC (unless they're free), but it's evident that high prices for less content is not a plan that anyone'll support.

SixKeys
06-26-2013, 11:18 PM
The thing is, they did that back in the olden days. They gave us that church map or whatever in ACB. I don't remember if there were more or something but they did once give free MP maps.

What I'm wondering is, why did it stop? Did they realize they could squeeze out a couple more dollars out of us or what?

Yes, that is exactly what happened. I think ACB's free DLC maps included Mt. Saint-Michel (the church map), Alhambra and possibly something else, maybe Siena. We also got several new characters for free with the maps.

I got the AC3 DLC maps with my Season Pass (which I got for free). They are utterly useless. I've played maybe 2 matches on them in total, both with a private group of friends. Since then its been impossible to find a single match on the maps. Even people who paid money for the maps are now begging for them to be released for free to all players because that would be the only way to have some use for them.

Assassin_M
06-26-2013, 11:22 PM
any question...ANY question that involves "how much would you pay..." MUST have an answer of "nothing"

It`s like that Mcdonald lady who asked me after I ordered a Big Mac "Buy one get one free?"

"Is that a question?"
"Yes?"
"that`s another question"
"xD alright Yes"
"yes, i`ll have another one...of course i`ll take one for free...heck i`m not even THAT hungry, but i`ll take it...it`s frikkin free"

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 12:11 AM
You know what costed $15 and was justified? FC3 Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez Gunslinger

LoyalACFan
06-27-2013, 01:18 AM
$15 for three missions (particularly short AC-style missions) is freaking ridiculous. ANYTHING for MP maps is ridiculous. $2 for an outfit is exorbitant, but not awful. Too bad they were lumped in with $2 songs and $2 swords, which are both laughably expensive.

Tip for all game developers; be like Rockstar. Deliver amazing games, get huge sales, offer quality DLC, and don't treat your fans like sh*t. Ubi's done pretty well so far, except TOKW was a bit exorbitant.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-27-2013, 01:38 AM
I applaud Ubi for making such a survey.
I just dont want to go into the world of completely digital..idc about dlc and how much it costs because i dont buy it.
But a physical collection holds more value..if they drop games to $20 then they can reasonably be completely digital

STDlyMcStudpants
06-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Yes, that is exactly what happened. I think ACB's free DLC maps included Mt. Saint-Michel (the church map), Alhambra and possibly something else, maybe Siena. We also got several new characters for free with the maps.

I got the AC3 DLC maps with my Season Pass (which I got for free). They are utterly useless. I've played maybe 2 matches on them in total, both with a private group of friends. Since then its been impossible to find a single match on the maps. Even people who paid money for the maps are now begging for them to be released for free to all players because that would be the only way to have some use for them.
We got a free mission/side story for ACB too! :)

Jexx21
06-27-2013, 05:32 AM
didn't AC3 get a few free maps through events though?

monster_rambo
06-27-2013, 05:35 AM
What's the problem here? No one forces you to buy it.

LoyalACFan
06-27-2013, 07:13 AM
What's the problem here? No one forces you to buy it.

Seriously?

No one "forces" us to buy the game at all. But I rather think there would be righteous outrage if it cost $400 at launch, no? People want the content because it's fun. But they also don't want to be blatantly ripped off for it. That goes for a full game or DLC. And $15 for a three-mission DLC that lasts less than an hour is f**king ridiculous. This is partly why Rockstar Games is so respected by fans; RDR Undead Nightmare was $10 for fifteen story missions, PLUS side missions, PLUS outfits, PLUS new animals, PLUS dynamic events, PLUS weapons, PLUS multiplayer modes, PLUS multiplayer characters. You're saying it's cool to charge 1.5x that for 3 missions and 1/5 of that for one damn outfit? Nah.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Seriously?

No one "forces" us to buy the game at all. But I rather think there would be righteous outrage if it cost $400 at launch, no? People want the content because it's fun. But they also don't want to be blatantly ripped off for it. That goes for a full game or DLC. And $15 for a three-mission DLC that lasts less than an hour is f**king ridiculous. This is partly why Rockstar Games is so respected by fans; RDR Undead Nightmare was $10 for fifteen story missions, PLUS side missions, PLUS outfits, PLUS new animals, PLUS dynamic events, PLUS weapons, PLUS multiplayer modes, PLUS multiplayer characters. You're saying it's cool to charge 1.5x that for 3 missions and 1/5 of that for one damn outfit? Nah.
Not to mention that UN was about 15-18 hours of story...
Lost and Damned was 12-14
Ballad of Gay Tony was 15-18

ALL same price, ALL with new weapons, new minigames, new vehicles, new outfits, new animations, new features, new characters....dang

monster_rambo
06-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Seriously?

Yes, I wouldn't mind them charging me $15 for 3 missions with a few special outfit and multiplayer map. I am a true Assassin's Creed fan and I would love to do anything to support my series. Which is what I will be doing this fall.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes, I wouldn't mind them charging me $15 for 3 missions with a few special outfit and multiplayer map. I am a true Assassin's Creed fan and I would love to do anything to support my series. Which is what I will be doing this fall.
Oh...

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure if serious or sarcasm...

Support? Do you think they're running out of cash or something?
AC3 budget was like...$40 million?

And let's take their last official figure of 12 million sales.

12milx60=720mil

They made 720 bloody million on last year's....garbage.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Not sure if serious or sarcasm...
Ah good, you`re not sure....means we get to be spared one of your lectures..haha xD

Support? Do you think they're running out of cash or something?
AC3 budget was like...$40 million?

And let's take their last official figure of 12 million sales.

12milx60=720mil

They made 720 bloody million on last year's....garbage.
:|

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Ah good, you`re not sure....means we get to be spared one of your lectures..haha xD
And your attempts at this are really tiring and just downright boring now. Bring something new

:|
That's a LOT of cash...

And I like your new sig line, I saw that vid a few days ago, lol

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
And your attempts at this are really tiring and just downright boring now. Bring something new
you`re boring D:

That's a LOT of cash...
That face was "No lecture..yaaaaa- :|"

And I like your new sig line, I saw that vid a few days ago, lol
Jon`s awesome like that..

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 09:34 AM
That face was "No lecture..yaaaaa- :|"
Yes I got that, doesn't mean I care, especially when you're saying anything.

Jon`s awesome like that..
That he is.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes I got that, doesn't mean I care, especially when you're saying anything.
No body cares about your lectures either D:

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 09:39 AM
There was no lecture. We all know you're good at derailing threads, no need to prove it all the time, let's get back on-topic.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
There was no lecture. We all know you're good at derailing threads, no need to prove it all the time, let's get back on-topic.
I did the Survey :)

You suck big ****

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
I did the Survey :)

As did I, let's not forget it had the most weirdest questions ever, completely subjective.

Would you buy DLC? ....
Would you buy 3mission DLC for $15? I don't know maybe if you specified the quality and length dammit!
Having games available for purchase without any physical support (DVD, Blu-Ray) is a great idea? No, have you gone mad?
In your opinion, is it safer to buy a game in a store rather than buying a game online? I could get ripped off online or mugged on site I don't know...what the hell is this survey

bolz87
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
As did I, let's not forget it had the most weirdest questions ever, completely subjective.

Would you buy DLC? ....
Would you buy 3mission DLC for $15? I don't know maybe if you specified the quality and length dammit!
Having games available for purchase without any physical support (DVD, Blu-Ray) is a great idea? No, have you gone mad?
In your opinion, is it safer to buy a game in a store rather than buying a game online? I could get ripped off online or mugged on site I don't know...what the hell is this survey
Yeahh too much generic.. for example, Minerva's Den (Bioshock 2) is a very good DLC that costs 10$ but it's great, Hidden Secrets and Hardened DLCs are not great, and they cost too much (for example, HS for me must be free)

AssassinHMS
06-27-2013, 01:00 PM

AMEN...................This reminds me of when Altair returned to Masyaf and everyone was caught under Al Mualim's spell.

Ureh
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Was this in the survey: pay to play microtransactions? how about f2p + p2p? and how do you all feel about DLC like Tyranny of King Wash?

TheHumanTowel
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
This is the face of the blind consumer. Gaze upon it and despair.

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
This is the face of the blind consumer. Gaze upon it and despair.
It is scaring me...

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
It is scaring me...
my bro bought ALL black ops dlc, even more scared now?

ProletariatPleb
06-27-2013, 06:04 PM
my bro bought ALL black ops dlc, even more scared now?
Well firstly he bought CoD and then DLCs for said cancerous product, yes I'm very scared now...

monster_rambo
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
The developers need support from DLCs and yearly releases to support a large team and keep the franchise running. And so far, they haven't released one bad game so I don't understand why are you guys are complaining. If people stop buying, then they will run out of business, so personally, I think speak for a lot of fans out there and would continue to support our favorite franchise through these small purchases to keep the franchise running. And to be honest, $15 is not alot. Is fair deal, you guys should be grateful that we get more content.

TheHumanTowel
06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
The developers need support from DLCs and yearly releases to support a large team and keep the franchise running. And so far, they haven't released one bad game so I don't understand why are you guys are complaining. If people stop buying, then they will run out of business, so personally, I think speak for a lot of fans out there and would continue to support our favorite franchise through these small purchases to keep the franchise running. And to be honest, $15 is not alot. Is fair deal, you guys should be grateful that we get more content.
You seem to have confused Assassin's Creed for a small indie production that's in desperate need of money. You seriously think they wouldn't be able to keep making Assassin's Creed games without the revenue of churning out a 60$ game every year and overpriced DLC? I'm supporting the franchise fine by just buying the games. I don't like to be ripped off with horrendously over-priced DLC which often times should have been included in the main game. That's not not supporting the franchise. You're just making excuses for anti-consumer business practices.

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, ubi realy needs that money... ac is almost dying...

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I don`t know what`s funnier, rambo`s trolling or the people taking him seriously :|

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I don`t know what`s funnier, Jambo`s trolling or the people taking him seriously :|
He is trolling?

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
And M i was thinking about something today, how do you type Arabic and English with the same keyboard? Maybe this is a very dumb question but i real don't know, the same with Chinese, those guys must have giant keyboards.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 09:59 PM
And M i was thinking about something today, how do you type Arabic and English with the same keyboard? Maybe this is a very dumb question but i real don't know, the same with Chinese, those guys must have giant keyboards.
Like this :D
http://gyazo.com/22f39aa150557250d153024a7cf67b7c.png
Ignore the google and Youtube shortcuts...to activate arabic I press right ctrl+shift then right alt+shift to align it to the right side

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Like this :D
http://gyazo.com/22f39aa150557250d153024a7cf67b7c.png
Ignore the google and Youtube shortcuts...to activate arabic I press right ctrl+shift then right alt+shift to align it to the right side
Haha thanks, does Arabic work the same as European languages? I thought it had far more different "symbols". :p

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Haha thanks, does Arabic work the same as European languages? I thought it had far more different "symbols". :p
Well that depends on what you mean by work like European languages....It`s written right to left and there are pronunciations that are ONLY in Arabic

lothario-da-be
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Well that depends on what you mean by work like European languages....It`s written right to left and there are pronunciations that are ONLY in Arabic
I ment does it work like all the languages that use the alphabet, English, Dutch,French,German... Does it use lets say 20-40 symbols to form words or does a symbol represent a word like Chinese? because on that keyboard it looks way simpler then i had ever thought.

Assassin_M
06-27-2013, 10:11 PM
I ment does it work like all the languages that use the alphabet, English, Dutch,French,German... Does it use lets say 20-40 symbols to form words or does a symbol represent a word like Chinese?
Oh yeah it works like most languages where there`s an alphabet and letters(symbols) to form a word :D

LoyalACFan
06-27-2013, 10:46 PM
He is trolling?

I didn't think so until I saw the "I'm a true AC fan and I'll support the franchise this fall" post, since everything else he's ever said about AC4 has been negative.

SixKeys
06-28-2013, 12:14 AM
The problem with paying $15 for missions in a game like AC is that AC missions tend to be extremely short. A mission can be as simple as "beat up this guy" or "steal some money". I'm absolutely not willing to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt in this case. I'm sure they would simply make three short, linear tomb levels similar to Vlad the Impaler's Prison in ACR and slap a $15 price tag on them. Oh, and if you want a new outfit or weapon for purely cosmetic purposes, that'll be $2 extra, please. El oh freaking el.

The ToKW DLC was all right as it had a real campaign, but was still way overpriced. Had the campaign been longer, had the missions been better, had there been more new special outfits, weapons etc., the price could have been justified. But the truth is it was a short campaign with no good side content.

I will forever compare any DLC with RDR's "Undead Nightmare" as a shining example of a well-done, worthwhile DLC. That is a DLC I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 for. Anything less and the price of $15 isn't justified (unless you're an indie developer). If Rockstar could offer so much content for $10, there's no way ToKW is worth its $30 price tag.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 12:29 AM
I didn't mind paying $30 for all of AC3's DLC, although it was a tad overpriced.

But I don't think these are Ubisoft's plans at all for DLC, personally.

LoyalACFan
06-28-2013, 04:09 AM
I will forever compare any DLC with RDR's "Undead Nightmare" as a shining example of a well-done, worthwhile DLC. That is a DLC I wouldn't mind paying $20-30 for. Anything less and the price of $15 isn't justified (unless you're an indie developer). If Rockstar could offer so much content for $10, there's no way ToKW is worth its $30 price tag.

Precisely. And I'm pretty sure Ubisoft is raking in more money than Rockstar, so it ain't like they're strapped for cash. If they put the $15 price tag on something like TOKW (as one episode, mind you) I wouldn't be bothered by it. But $10 for a single episode was already too much, and they're planning on asking more than that for about a third of the content? Dafuq?

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Where the hell do you get that they're "planning" to do this.

I think they literally took the highest prices on the market right now for this kind of stuff and asked about our opinions on it.

LoyalACFan
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Where the hell do you get that they're "planning" to do this.

I think they literally took the highest prices on the market right now for this kind of stuff and asked about our opinions on it.

Why would they care? If they had no intention of pricing their 3-mission DLC in the $15 range, why even ask us about it?

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Gauge the feelings of the consumer on common DLC practices?

Oh forget it, in this day and age, people get up in arms about anything.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree with LoyalACFan, DLC shouldnt be priced by quantity, but by length. As he said, a mission in AC could just be deliver letters to loads of people *COUGH*AC2*COUGH* (yes it was free, w/e). However, we all know that Ubisoft seems to think 20 minutes of additional gameplay is 1 hour. They need to educate whoever says 1 hour of gameplay time. They either suck, or just want our money. Better yet, fire those guys. So money grabbing. 1 hour. LOL. Those guys are idiots.

/rant. For now.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:46 AM
due to my gameplay style, I actually usually tend to get more than what they say you would get out of the extra missions. My gameplay style being: You suck at this mission but you'll replay it an hour later and somehow be masterful at it.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:48 AM
>EXCLUSIVE 60 minute gameplay on Playstation#
>Is actually barely 10 minutes

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:52 AM
they should stop selling time and just start saying "Extra missions in this version!"

Assassin_M
06-28-2013, 09:54 AM
they should stop selling time and just start saying "Extra missions in this version!"
This...it`s free...no one gives a crap how long it is

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Yeah but people would still ask about how long these missions would extend gametime though in correlation to price which is fair do's. If they said 5 free missions for £9.99 but it takes 30 minutes to complete then its a complete rip off.

They need to create longer DLC, or release smaller DLC's for free as pre order incentives then free to everyone after a month or two.

bolz87
06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
LOL DEV needs support? Are you sure? Or maybe customers need support?? -.-' I laugh so much when Annecy said that they have a very small budget for multiplayer portion of the game (and the game sells millions of copies)... 15$ is not a lot... nooo, for you i would sell a special DLC for ONLY 100$ :) (and 100$ for a DLC is a very small price XD)

Ureh
06-28-2013, 03:02 PM
1 hour is the average time (determined from playtesting? they probably have a lot of beginners or gamers who don't usually play AC/3rd person games). I guess we should be glad that they even include an estimation. :P

But for me - if they allow it - I usually take more than the estimated time because I hope to soak in as much as the game on the first playthrough.

LoyalACFan
06-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Gauge the feelings of the consumer on common DLC practices?

Oh forget it, in this day and age, people get up in arms about anything.

Again... why would they care what we thought about other companies' DLC practices if they weren't planning on using a similar model? It doesn't benefit them at all.

monster_rambo
06-29-2013, 05:07 AM
LOL DEV needs support? Are you sure? Or maybe customers need support?? -.-' I laugh so much when Annecy said that they have a very small budget for multiplayer portion of the game (and the game sells millions of copies)... 15$ is not a lot... nooo, for you i would sell a special DLC for ONLY 100$ :) (and 100$ for a DLC is a very small price XD)

I understand your concern. But think about it, Ubisoft employs more than 7000 people and roughly 1000 people work on Assassin's Creed. Even with 12 million copies sold worldwide, they still need the support from the fans to continue to fund their development. I think $15 for three missions and a couple of outfits is a good value for money and I think they are generous and kind enough to show us support by providing additional content for us. Which I am more than happy to pay for.

ProletariatPleb
06-29-2013, 05:38 AM
I understand your concern. But think about it, Ubisoft employs more than 7000 people and roughly 1000 people work on Assassin's Creed. Even with 12 million copies sold worldwide, they still need the support from the fans to continue to fund their development. I think $15 for three missions and a couple of outfits is a good value for money and I think they are generous and kind enough to show us support by providing additional content for us. Which I am more than happy to pay for.
12 million is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than what they need for that. Plus what do you think the 40 million budget was for? confetti? That's employee salary+marketing+licensing, etc.

Marketing is a bit expensive, licensing and the rest is very small, the rest is all salary......soooo yeah.

Let's deduct that amount, they still have 600million+ profits AKA money for other projects. "Generous and kind"? Is that why they want money?

monster_rambo
06-29-2013, 05:43 AM
12 million is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than what they need for that. Plus what do you think the 40 million budget was for? confetti? That's employee salary+marketing+licensing, etc.

Marketing is a bit expensive, licensing and the rest is very small, the rest is all salary......soooo yeah.

Let's deduct that amount, they still have 600million+ profits AKA money for other projects. "Generous and kind"? Is that why they want money?

$15 is still cheaper than King Washington. I'm pretty sure with enough community concern, they will improve the quality and length of DLC and content.

ProletariatPleb
06-29-2013, 05:47 AM
$15 is still cheaper than King Washington. I'm pretty sure with enough community concern, they will improve the quality and length of DLC and content.
Never said TOKW price was justified.

You can get a full game at $15 tho, Ubisoft is selling two themselves.

AssassinHMS
06-29-2013, 10:30 AM

If they want my support they have to earn it. They should work for their salary. If you give them money for charity then you're ultimately screwing with the whole system. You shouldn't give people money, but a reason (and maybe a way) to fight for that money because, while fighting, they evolve and become better.
Now this is stupid because money isn't a problem for them, money IS their problem. They ONLY think about money. They destroyed Assassin's Creed for money and now you're saying you want to support that same destruction. Well suit yourself.
As for me, (specially if AC4 BF turns out a bad AC game like the majority) everyone who worked on Assassin's Creed can go penniless because, maybe then, Ubisoft will look back at the franchise and start respecting it.

Finally, being a FANatic is quite foolish. You shouldn't follow something or someone to the point you end up treating them as a superior being and start following them like a sheep or believe you own them allegiance or even respect.

40% of my brain still thinks you're not serious..............Are you serious?

Assassin_M
06-29-2013, 10:36 AM
What`s with it with people giving a WHOLE lecture and then the final line is something like "maybe you`re not serious" Well wtf?? You reflect on that at the end?? in the final line?? really?? You people deserve to be trolled :|

ProletariatPleb
06-29-2013, 10:47 AM
What`s with it with people giving a WHOLE lecture and then the final line is something like "maybe you`re not serious" Well wtf?? You reflect on that at the end?? in the final line?? really?? You people deserve to be trolled :|
I seriously hope you don't think you're a good troll or anything...

Assassin_M
06-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I seriously hope you don't think you're a good troll or anything...
Where did I mention myself?? :|

ProletariatPleb
06-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Where did I mention myself?? :|
You didn't, that's why I said I "hope" you don't think :p

Anyway that was bait.

Assassin_M
06-29-2013, 10:54 AM
You didn't, that's why I said I "hope" you don't think :p

Anyway that was bait.
hahaaaaa

monster_rambo
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
If they want my support they have to earn it. They should work for their salary. If you give them money for charity then you're ultimately screwing with the whole system. You shouldn't give people money, but a reason (and maybe a way) to fight for that money because, while fighting, they evolve and become better.
Now this is stupid because money isn't a problem for them, money IS their problem. They ONLY think about money. They destroyed Assassin's Creed for money and now you're saying you want to support that same destruction. Well suit yourself.
As for me, (specially if AC4 BF turns out a bad AC game like the majority) everyone who worked on Assassin's Creed can go penniless because, maybe then, Ubisoft will look back at the franchise and start respecting it.

Finally, being a FANatic is quite foolish. You shouldn't follow something or someone to the point you end up treating them as a superior being and start following them like a sheep or believe you own them allegiance or even respect.

40% of my brain still thinks you're not serious..............Are you serious?

No, I am 100% serious. You are quite naive. Video games are all about money, what do you think this is? And besides, nobody is forcing your hand or pointing a gun at you to make you buy the game. And $15 is not that big, I mean, I could spend that money on maybe two happy meals but hey, a DLC is better, especially if I could play for hours from my favorite franchise. Is not like it is a disc locked content or a DLC you have to buy to find out the ending to a game. Is just additional content that is OPTIONAL if you choose to continue to play after the original story has finished.

AssassinHMS
06-29-2013, 08:32 PM
No, I am 100% serious. You are quite naive. Video games are all about money, what do you think this is?

Indeed but that is no excuse for their lack of integrity. If they name a game AC, they should, at least, bother to make an AC game, instead of giving up on the whole assassin concept and change the direction of the franchise completely just because it's more profitable. Blaming temptation itself for giving in to temptation instead of blaming the actual person/company for the choice they made is quite naive. I don't support such choices or actions (even though I fell in some traps such as AC3')

And besides, nobody is forcing your hand or pointing a gun at you to make you buy the game.

Where did you get that from?

And $15 is not that big, I mean, I could spend that money on maybe two happy meals but hey, a DLC is better, especially if I could play for hours from my favorite franchise. Is not like it is a disc locked content or a DLC you have to buy to find out the ending to a game. Is just additional content that is OPTIONAL if you choose to continue to play after the original story has finished.

You can pay less for MUCH better DLCs like red dead redemption undead nightmare. But, hey, if you like paying for overpriced goods like these AC DLCs then good for Ubisoft.

First you said you were paying for those overpriced DLCs in order to support the devs since you are a true fan and now you're saying you'd pay because you're certain you'll enjoy them. So which one is it? Paying to help Ubisoft get enough money for bus tickets and food while supporting assassin's creed annihilation or to enjoy an overpriced DLC and show Ubisoft they can lighten your pockets further?

Ureh
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
People are clearly voting with their wallets right now and they're saying it loud and proud: "we want more bare bones DLC please. more 'exclusive' pre-order dlc." AC has always sold millions of copies per iteration and not enough have complained for them to change their strategy. Sorta like treading on ice but not breaking it.

monster_rambo
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
@AssassinHMS

Yes, they are going pirate theme for ACIV but they specifically addressed the concerns of AC fans that it would be a seamless open world with ACI styled assassinations. The side missions includes forts, raiding enemy ships, exploring caverns and finding treasure underwater, and beautiful environments are a welcome to both the core fans and casuals that likes the pirate ship simulation from ACIII. So in my opinion, they haven't moved in a different direction because at its core, its still AC with just more content. And so far from what they are showing, they have been and always have lived up to their promises.

And, like i said, the DLCs support the developers to fund future AC games and if you don't want to buy it, then that is perfectly fine because it is entirely OPTIONAL. And it is at a fair price of $15. A pretty good deal in my opinion.

AssassinHMS
06-29-2013, 09:42 PM
@AssassinHMS

Yes, they are going pirate theme for ACIV but they specifically addressed the concerns of AC fans that it would be a seamless open world with ACI styled assassinations. The side missions includes forts, raiding enemy ships, exploring caverns and finding treasure underwater, and beautiful environments are a welcome to both the core fans and casuals that likes the pirate ship simulation from ACIII. So in my opinion, they haven't moved in a different direction because at its core, its still AC with just more content. And so far from what they are showing, they have been and always have lived up to their promises.

No, I'm not talking about AC4, I didn't mention AC4, pirates or water. Ubisoft gave up on the assassin concept right after AC1.
However, since you feel like talking about AC4 BF, the only thing related to the assassin concept that you mentioned, are AC1 styled assassinations. The rest are just additions that move away from the core of the series and replace the real deal.

And, like i said, the DLCs support the developers to fund future AC games and if you don't want to buy it, then that is perfectly fine because it is entirely OPTIONAL. And it is at a fair price of $15. A pretty good deal in my opinion.

There are better causes to fund but whatever, it's your choice. Anyway, if you plan to fund Ubisoft (or even if you don't, because they have more money than Abstergo) don't expect a return to the roots since the money they got from AC1 was enough to make AC2 and so on. Action and explosions are the future of AC specially if games like AC3 or AC4 BF (full of guns, explosions, action, blood) sell.
So you know, buying a game is also entirely OPTIONAL. If $15 is a fair price for three missions then I probably owe Rockstar more than I can ever repay...

Ureh
06-29-2013, 09:51 PM
By the way, can publishers still make a profit when new copies sell for $20 or less (this occurs months after a release, without any discounts)? Can they sell games at $20 at launch and still make enough money? or is <$20 only feasible once they've sold enough copies at $60 (or more)?

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 12:10 AM
By the way, can publishers still make a profit when new copies sell for $20 or less (this occurs months after a release, without any discounts)? Can they sell games at $20 at launch and still make enough money? or is <$20 only feasible once they've sold enough copies at $60 (or more)?
Well this is what constitutes a $60 game:
http://i.minus.com/iU2HBQ9Ch0woL.jpg

Do the math I suppose.

Ureh
06-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Assuming all AC games cost $24 million to develop (that's how much AC2 cost according to gamasutra link (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23778); AC1 cost 20m). And assuming OnLive's chart is accurate, they'd have to sell almost 900,000 copies before breaking even. Considering AC games sell millions of copies per year, that figure doesn't seem to be out of their reach. I will say that people who steal their games handicap their full potential. So $20 for new copies is possible and sufficient, after they've made a tidy bundle.

What about $15 DLC? How is that justified?

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Assuming all AC games cost $24 million to develop (that's how much AC2 cost according to gamasutra link (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23778); AC1 cost 20m). And assuming OnLive's chart is accurate, they'd have to sell almost 900,000 copies before breaking even. Considering AC games sell millions of copies per year, that figure doesn't seem to be out of their reach. I will say that people who steal their games handicap their full potential. So $20 for new copies is possible and sufficient, after they've made a tidy bundle.

What about $15 DLC? How is that justified?
The chart is pretty much on the dot.

"Considering AC games sell millions of copies per year, that figure doesn't seem to be out of their reach"
What do you mean? what figure?

Ureh
06-30-2013, 02:25 AM
They need to sell around 900k copies at $60 each to earn their money back.

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
They need to sell around 900k copies at $60 each to earn their money back.
And you can see the amount of profit they make for each AC.

Ureh
06-30-2013, 03:04 AM
The truth is written in cash.

Dunh dunh dunh.

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 03:54 AM
The truth is written in cash.

Dunh dunh dunh.
- Urehnardo da Ubiforums

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 03:58 AM
- Urehnardo da Ubiforums
that`s boring

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 04:00 AM
that`s boring
You're boring.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 04:21 AM
You're boring.
Goddammit that`s a killer

AdamPearce
06-30-2013, 04:58 AM
M if you could get us a cup of coffee and a croissant, that'll be great.

I'm asking you this assuming it's around 8-9 o'lock for you.

+Comming here is really the first thing you do in the morning?

monster_rambo
06-30-2013, 07:27 AM
M if you could get us a cup of coffee and a croissant, that'll be great.

I'm asking you this assuming it's around 8-9 o'lock for you.

+Comming here is really the first thing you do in the morning?

He is the biggest defender of Assassin's Creed just like me, we do nothing but dwell in the basement and attack forum members.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 07:29 AM
He is the biggest defender of Assassin's Creed just like me, we do nothing but dwell in the basement and attack forum members.
I retired

monster_rambo
06-30-2013, 07:30 AM
I retired

Ah..come on. I thought we're best pals. I thought...I thought we're in this together. why? sad face.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Ah..come on. I thought we're best pals. I thought...I thought we're in this together. why? sad face.
Oh alright..

AC is za bezt zer iz

ACfan443
06-30-2013, 08:33 AM

AC:BF could potentially be the spark to reignite his passion as defender. That is, if the game turns out to be good and its DLC is of a standard and quality that warrants its absurd price.

monster_rambo
06-30-2013, 08:35 AM
AC:BF could potentially be the spark to reignite his passion as defender. That is, if the game turns out to be good and its DLC is of a standard and quality that warrants its absurd price.

But he hates Edward because he is like an Ezio clone. He wants more Connor.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 08:38 AM
But he hates Edward because he is like an Ezio clone. He wants more Connor.
If Edward is an Ezio clone, but the rest of the game is as good as AC I, then it`ll be something I can easily over look...

btw.......AC is za best evarrrrrr ermegard

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't see how he's an Ezio clone...

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Nah, i was just sayin`..

ACfan443
06-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Neither do I actually, although they do share a few traits.
For example, both are fond of women, but their approach to courting seems very different (to my observations). Ezio kind of massaged his way in to sweet talking the ladies, utilising charm and manners (to some degree).
Whereas Edward seems overbearing and straight talking, I can imagine his approach would be more like "hey, I wanna **** you."

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Neither do I actually, although they do share a few traits.
For example, both are fond of women, but their approach to courting seems very different (to my observations). Ezio kind of massaged his way in to sweet talking the ladies, utilising charm and manners (to some degree).
Whereas Edward seems overbearing and straight talking, I can imagine his approach would be more like "hey, I wanna **** you."
Hardly similar, lol

But you're right on that, Ezio was a charming noble charming away women, Edward is a rising pauper, going all "Girl you be my ship, I'll be your captain."

ACfan443
06-30-2013, 09:06 AM
"Girl you be my ship, I'll be your captain."

"Ima ride you through the rough seas'

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 09:09 AM
"Ima ride you through the rough seas'
with my crew........oops.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 09:11 AM
with my crew........oops.
gang ba-.......................

she`s watching :|

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
gang ba-.......................

she`s watching :|
You obviously mean gang banana.

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 09:21 AM
You obviously mean gang banana.
Gang bandanna

ProletariatPleb
06-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Gang bandanna
Gang banners

Assassin_M
06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Gang banners
Gang we`re getting banned if we don`t stop :|

LoyalACFan
06-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I never got the whole "Edward is an Ezio clone" thing. I guess just liking females = ZOMFG EZIO...?

I'm not saying anyone in this thread was saying that, but it is something I've heard quite a bit.

pacmanate
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I never got the whole "Edward is an Ezio clone" thing. I guess just liking females = ZOMFG EZIO...?

I'm not saying anyone in this thread was saying that, but it is something I've heard quite a bit.

I'm Ezio too then :)

SaintPerkele
06-30-2013, 01:36 PM
How do you get from this

You can take the survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/opinion_on_DLC
to this

Gang banners?
:D

silvermercy
06-30-2013, 01:51 PM
How do you get from this

to this
?
:D

hahaha! i was wondering the same gang it! I mean... damm it!

Edward: Me Tarzan. You Jane..

pacmanate
06-30-2013, 02:09 PM
hahaha! i was wondering the same gang it! I mean... damm it!

Edward: Me Tarzan. You Jane..

Edward: Lets make babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze