PDA

View Full Version : Inaccuracy

Coltillion
06-26-2013, 07:46 AM
I know it's nitpicking, and I know you guys may think I'm a ******* and a trivial *****, but this really set me off. Most men back then has long hair tied back and clubbed. It's in every re enactment, movie, documentary, cartoon yet not here in this game. All soldiers cut their hair short in this game, which makes no sense since in the trailer E3 they had appropriate hair, so it's really frustrating. I don't understand why Ubisoft did this, did they think we'd be too dumb to differentiate Haytham and his buddies from the other plain NPC's. Don't tell me it's about oh too many threads and strings and stuff because there are generic NPC's with appropriate long hairstyles, but they're stiff so no problem. Why couldn't Ubisoft give this hairstyle to soldiers? I just don't understand, it really broke the immersion for me. At least in Black Flag, the soldiers seem to have accurate hairstyles... Also, why did Continentals have uniforms during the battles of Lexington and Concord? It was all militia, and Ubisoft has militia skins in game so why didn't they... Ah forget it.

Assassin_M
06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Ah forget it.
:|

BATISTABUS
06-26-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm not an expert on colonial hairstyles, but you're basing your information on other entertainment products. These hairstyles are in the game, so if the devs decided not to put them on soldiers, perhaps it was not as common as popular culture would like to believe?

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Too much hair physics for current gen to handle?

pacmanate
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
There are so many things wrong with Assassin's Creed that hair should be the very last thing you should think about.

Coltillion
06-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm not an expert on colonial hairstyles, but you're basing your information on other entertainment products. These hairstyles are in the game, so if the devs decided not to put them on soldiers, perhaps it was not as common as popular culture would like to believe?

No, it was very common. In fact, the queue was the mandatory soldiers' hairstyle for many European armies until the Napoleonic Wars, so I really don't get how they didn't add the hair on the soldiers. I now it seems trivial, but it really broke the immersion for me, because here you have all these other characters with accurate hair (Washington, Adams, Hancock, Revere, Dawes) and they all seem like it didn't take too much physics for their hair, so what was so hard about putting it on soldiers? What I think is that it was originally on the soldiers, because Connor used to be able to scalp, but that didn't make it to the final cut, so at the last second they just replaced everyone's hair with a buzzcut. Again, I know it's trivial, but I'm one of those guys who notices every minor thing, which is why I love/hate AC3.