PDA

View Full Version : Road to Paris - How will it work? How can I win?

Aza404
06-25-2013, 01:57 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/R2P_FB_highlight.jpg

Dear Champions,

Last year’s Worldwide Championship took place exclusively online and the best champions were flown all the way to Sweden for the grand finals at the DreamHack Winter 2012. A few weeks ago we announced the Road to Paris, our 2013 worldwide Championship through which we hope to find out who is the best Champions out there! …and we have decided to make it much bigger than last year’s event ;)

The 8 best players throughout our different events that will take place in the next few weeks and months will be awarded a ticket for the Road to Paris Finals during the Paris Games Week here in France! All expenses paid obviously ;)

Do you think you have what it takes to be this year’s Worldwide Champion?

Well here are all the places where you can take part and test your skills against the rest of the community.

2 major Online Qualifier tournaments will take place over a 2 months time-frame! All the best players will be invited to register and duel for one of two tickets to the Road to Paris finals.
3 Live European Qualifier tournaments at the biggest game shows and conventions in Europe where you can fight for a chance of winning one of 3 tickets to the Road to Paris finals.
4 Live North American Qualifier tournaments at the biggest game shows and conventions in North America where you can fight for a chance to win one ticket to the Road to Paris finals
1 Live Australian Qualifier tournament at the PAX Australia where you can fight for a chance to win one ticket to the Road to Paris finals.
1 Online Wildcard event, where a few lucky players will get one last chance to win that 8th and final ticket for the Road to Paris finals.

And to keep you happy and busy fighting for all this, we have huge prizes planned for you guys throughout the whole Championship ;)

But hold on… Three of our Live Qualifier events have already taken place!
At DreamHack summer, the winner was Avkall, who will be competing in Paris. In North America, Smurfburn won at KublaCon and Parading won at Origins Game Fair. They will face two other NA live event champions for their bid to Paris.

So, if you think you’re good enough… get going on YOUR Road to Paris now!

More information soon.

Good luck!
Aza and the DoC team

Ipwnfour
06-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Great news Aza, thanks! Although, it's maybe a bit late because things have started already. ;)

The only real concern I have is the distribution of tickets between online and live event players: 3 Tickets to online players and 5 to live event players. I dare to bet my account on it that 1 of the 3 online players will be the eventual winner.

Dubkid
06-25-2013, 04:49 PM
All the best players will be invited to register and duel for one of two tickets to the Road to Paris finals.

So it means not everyone can compete in that tournaments? Just some best players? :( Sadness ...

Aza404
06-25-2013, 04:56 PM
So it means not everyone can compete in that tournaments? Just some best players? :( Sadness ...

Don't worry, it will still be open to a huge number of players.
We decided to restrict it a bit in order to avoid certain forms of cheating. you'll understand when the exact info is revealed (very soon).

trupiciel
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I'd like to get on a road to Pariss. Please PM me more info on the matter.

Oblit3rate
06-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I got this info from the MoMCards website:

"The only things you need to "have" if you want to participate are :

1100 Elo to enter the event.
You have to be a player from : USA, England, Poland, Spain, Italy, France, Canada or Germany !!"

Would like confirmation if only players from the stated countries are eligible to participate.

Ty

jfulltime
06-29-2013, 02:19 PM
I got this info from the MoMCards website:

"The only things you need to "have" if you want to participate are :

1100 Elo to enter the event.
You have to be a player from : USA, England, Poland, Spain, Italy, France, Canada or Germany !!"

Would like confirmation if only players from the stated countries are eligible to participate.

Ty

Over on the official Road to Paris website announcement thread, they said:

Hi guys! We removed those countries from the website because, of course, it causes confusion and it will be open to much more countries! We will whitelist more and more countries as the days go. The hard part here is that we have to get rules for EVERY country where we are hosting the tournament, so unfortunately, we'll have to exclude some countries where local regulations doesn't allow this kind of tournament. I can tell you, for example, that we won't be able to support North Korea, as their regulation doesn't allow a championship to include elements of "luck". As DoC is a mix of luck and skills, we won't be able to support online qualifiers there. There are other examples like this.

We want to minimize the risk of bad surprises and legal issues, that's why we are trying to do our homework and explore the rules of different countries.

Our goal is to include the most players possible, at the same time, if we commit ourselves to offer those players a flight to Paris, we want to make sure it's legally doable (and that your government will allow you to take that flight) ;)

Cheers
SpaceE

zenithale
06-29-2013, 03:46 PM
You need to click on "register" to be allowed to read the last rules... Logic.