PDA

View Full Version : Dlc king washington in ac3 can't be found in ps3 console after installing

rantonio2013
06-25-2013, 01:32 AM
HI Guys ... I have purchased from PSN store episode 1 and 3 of tyranny of King Washington, the DLC of AC3, downloaded and installed in the PS3 console. On putting the disc AC3, I can't locate where to find the DLC episode 1 and 3 in the game itself. From other fora I read, there is NO issue about region locking since the U.S. region and the Asia region are compatible (I'm leaving in the Philippines). My question are: (1) where can I find the DLC in the menu of the disc AC3 or should I see it there? (2) is the DLC tyranny of KW a totally new game or is it like the Benedict Arnold Pack which will become available after completing sequence 8 of AC3? (3) where can you purchase the passport code in PSN store since I couldn't find it there? Thanks a lot.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-25-2013, 03:23 AM
go to extras on the menu screen :)
It is essentially its own game, but unlike blood dragon - requires a disk

rantonio2013
06-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for your quick reply ... check the extra in menu it isn't there ... check the menu tyranny of king Washington, it isn't there too. In another forum, I was told it should be in the menu tyranny of king Washington but unfortunately it is NOT there. Im using a PS3 console and not a PC. Btw,. I purchased and downloaded episode 1 and 3 from the PSN store using the PSN network card rather than going to addition contents submenu of tyranny of king Washington menu in the AC 3 disc (PS3 console). What went wrong?

montagemik
06-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for your quick reply ... check the extra in menu it isn't there ... check the menu tyranny of king Washington, it isn't there too. In another forum, I was told it should be in the menu tyranny of king Washington but unfortunately it is NOT there. Im using a PS3 console and not a PC. Btw,. I purchased and downloaded episode 1 and 3 from the PSN store using the PSN network card rather than going to addition contents submenu of tyranny of king Washington menu in the AC 3 disc (PS3 console). What went wrong?

Which Region / Country is your game disc from ??

Which Region/Country PSN Store did you purchase the DLC content from ??

(I'm guessing your answers to the 2 questions above will be 2 different countries - Whether you want to hear it or not , i'd say this is the cause of your problems)

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-25-2013, 05:39 PM
In the menu after u press 'start' u should be able to select "The Tyranny of King Washington"

Mr_Shade
06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi, if it's not there, it could be a few things.

The menu should be there, if it's not - something has happened..

Make sure the core game is patched - if it prompts for updates - make sure you do accept and install them.

It could be due to region of the game disc - being different from the DLC.

I suggest contacting support and explaining to them and see what they suggest.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

rantonio2013
06-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys for your responses. Let me answer them ... I'm presently residing in the Philippines although using a PSN address in the U.S. My PS3 console was bought in the Philippines. The DLC was purchase in the U.S. PSN store using the PSN network card with its 12 digit code. The game disc was made in Japan using region 3. Although the U.S. is I think region 1, the game disc I bought in the U.S. could be well played in the Philippine PS3 console. I read in some fora that region locking doesn't apply to PS3 games unlike in the DVD or Blu Ray movies. I don't know if this is really true but the game disc that I bought in the U.S. is working perfectly with my PS3 console so I guess region is not an issue I would assume. Even though the DLC came from the PSN store it should carry the same U.S. region like the game disc regions bought in the U.S.
I have seen some videos in you tube that the DLC are indeed in the menu of tyranny of K Washington and should be played in game there, but THERE IS NONE IN MY CASE. I have the menu of tyranny of king Washington in the game disc but not the DLC. It says to add more content. Would it matter if I purchased the DLC in the U.S. PSN store without the game disc in the console or purchasing the DLC not within the sub menu of tyranny of K Washington ... like going to the additional content, etc.?? I just don't what to do next. For Mr._Shade: what is a core patch?? Update?? how do you update?? Thank you.

Ureh
06-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Mr_Shade means is when your ps3 is connected to the internet and you start AC3, does it ask you to download an update?

But what I think might be the problem is region incompatibility issues? You bought the dlc from US store but the disc and/or console are from different regions? Somone correct me if I'm wrong.

PSN faq put a disclaimer: they don't guarantee that buying psn content from a different country will function even if the disc and dlc are from the same region.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys for your responses. Let me answer them ... I'm presently residing in the Philippines although using a PSN address in the U.S. My PS3 console was bought in the Philippines. The DLC was purchase in the U.S. PSN store using the PSN network card with its 12 digit code. The game disc was made in Japan using region 3. Although the U.S. is I think region 1, the game disc I bought in the U.S. could be well played in the Philippine PS3 console. I read in some fora that region locking doesn't apply to PS3 games unlike in the DVD or Blu Ray movies. I don't know if this is really true but the game disc that I bought in the U.S. is working perfectly with my PS3 console so I guess region is not an issue I would assume. Even though the DLC came from the PSN store it should carry the same U.S. region like the game disc regions bought in the U.S.
I have seen some videos in you tube that the DLC are indeed in the menu of tyranny of K Washington and should be played in game there, but THERE IS NONE IN MY CASE. I have the menu of tyranny of king Washington in the game disc but not the DLC. It says to add more content. Would it matter if I purchased the DLC in the U.S. PSN store without the game disc in the console or purchasing the DLC not within the sub menu of tyranny of K Washington ... like going to the additional content, etc.?? I just don't what to do next. For Mr._Shade: what is a core patch?? Update?? how do you update?? Thank you.
I have a few games from different regions (actually i only have one ;D)
But your psn store is Region 1 ..so all dlc will be region 1...your trophy set is region 3 just as your game is...playstation reads different region as completely different games. Go to a hardcore trophy hunters profile and you will see they have platinumed the same game 2 times..because they bought 2 different region versions.
I would attempt to get a refund, i dont know if it is possible to change your ps store to another region as i have never tried...

Ureh
06-26-2013, 02:01 AM
The game disc was made in Japan using region 3.

@rantonio2013 If region 3 is printed on your game disc and you're buying psn content from region 1 then they're not compatible. Did I understand that correctly?

---
@STDlyMcStudpants According to this faq: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/792/~/access-another-regions-playstation-store
It's impossible to change the country an account is tied to.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-26-2013, 03:03 AM
@rantonio2013 If region 3 is printed on your game disc and you're buying psn content from region 1 then they're not compatible. Did I understand that correctly?

---
@STDlyMcStudpants According to this faq: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/792/~/access-another-regions-playstation-store
It's impossible to change the country an account is tied to.

That is what I thought :)
Maybe you can get buddy to do a quick trade or perhaps borrow his Region 1 (BLUS) version to play TOKW

rantonio2013
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys for responding. The game disc is made in Japan with region 3, the ps3 console is from the Philippines (region 3), the DLC K Washington was downloaded from PSN store in the U.S. (region 1). I don't believe totally that is is a region problem because I bought several PS3 game disc in the U.S. (region 1) yet I was ABLE to play them PERFECTLY with my Philippine PS3 console. I read in a fora that with regards to PS3 games it is NOT region sensitive unlike the DVD and BLU RAY disc especially the U.S. and Asian regions, although it might not work with the European disc (Region 2). So, why is it that I can play the Region 1 disc bought in the U.S. with my Region 3 PS3 console in the Philippines??

montagemik
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys for responding. The game disc is made in Japan with region 3, the ps3 console is from the Philippines (region 3), the DLC K Washington was downloaded from PSN store in the U.S. (region 1). I don't believe totally that is is a region problem because I bought several PS3 game disc in the U.S. (region 1) yet I was ABLE to play them PERFECTLY with my Philippine PS3 console. I read in a fora that with regards to PS3 games it is NOT region sensitive unlike the DVD and BLU RAY disc especially the U.S. and Asian regions, although it might not work with the European disc (Region 2). So, why is it that I can play the Region 1 disc bought in the U.S. with my Region 3 PS3 console in the Philippines??

Region 1 game discs aren't your problem - most PS3 games aren't region locked & any region disc usually plays on any region PS3.
But DLC usually IS region specific to work with the region disc it's being used with.

Region 3 disc so you need = Region 3 DLC , Region 1 disc = Region 1 DLC .... been like that on PS3 as long as i can remember .

Like i thought on page 1 - You have incompatable disc & DLC .

Mr_Shade
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
indeed - looks like it is region coding on the DLC which is the issue.

I suggest contacting Sony Support to confirm.

rantonio2013
06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Thank you for responding guys ..I have contacted Sony and they told me to contact Ubisoft support which I did and they are looking into it. I could understand your point montagemik and Mr_Shade that PS3 game disc region is an non issue when playing with a PS3 console since the console plays multi region anyway (as I can play game disc bought in the U.S.) while my AC III game disc was bought here though made in Japan (region 3). So two comment and question perhaps.
(1) why is it that I downloaded, purchased and installed Festival of Fire of Infamous 2 from the PSN store (region 1) which I guess maybe considered a DLC and can PLAY with my console together with the game disc Infamous 2 made in Japan (region 3)???
(2) granting that you are correct, DLC region 3 should be played with game disc region 3, where in the PSN can you buy a DLC region 3 for ACIII since the store is in the U.S. (region 1)??? Thank you again guys

Ureh
06-27-2013, 02:13 AM
1. According to http://ps3trophies.com/forums/general-ps3-discussion/14818-list-games-region-1-3-dlc-compatibility.html
there are exceptions to the region lock rule. Example: Some region 1 games are compatible with region 3 dlc, and some region 3 games are compatible with region 1 dlc. Infamous 2 might fall under that category, but not AC3.

2. Maybe the Tyranny DLC is not available for region 3?

Hopefully someone with more experience can help you along.

rantonio2013
06-27-2013, 04:07 AM
thank you Ureh for reply .... as suggested by Mrr_Shade, I had a live chat with SONY customer service and guess what both of you and montagemik are CORRECT. Its a plain and simple DLC and game disc region INCOMPATIBILITY. DLC and game disc should be within the same region if not it won't read or open the DLC. With regards to Festival of Fire in INFAMOUS 2, the voucher or redeem code of festival of fire was inside the game disc casing therefore it was REGION compatible hence it was read by the game disc and was downloaded in the game menu as a new game, according to Sony. So thanks all you guys for your help ... I think this issue is SETTLED. THANK YOU ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. ... :) :)