PDA

View Full Version : Other issues we want addressed in AC4

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Just because I am extremely bored and I had a frustrating day I am going to get lost in the world of assassins creed and share some issues regarding AC4 that I feel haven't been discussed much. Please give me your notes, opinions, and preferences in the comments, and I promise I won't ***** about them. I am now totally an understanding person.

Here is a list of things that I hope get addressed in AC4. Also, this thread is also created for you to also contribute your thoughts and issues that you want addressed in the game that have not been discussed on this forum.

1. Guns. In Ac3, there were 2 sources of frustration regarding the guns. One is sound effects, and two is the visible discharge of the gun.

There are about 4 different sound effects for the pistols in the game. The sound of the regular flintlock is the most bearable for me. But, all the other ones all sound like they were dampened down and recorded from behind a wall. Honestly, the sound effects of the guns in AC3 sound like gun sounds from a mid 90's shooter. It is really really bad. At least IMO. As far as the visual effects go, it is just as bad. I loved the big flash and bang that came from the hidden gun, especially in ACB and ACR. When it came to AC3, the normal flash was replaced by a puff of smoke. My issue with this is that the puff of smoke is extremely small and floats very gently. It is almost infuriating for me to be killing a bunch of redcoats and blue coats, (doesn't matter which, I'm Russian, I like to destroy things) and then I fire my pistol, and out comes a cute little puff ball the slowly rises into the air. It is awful. I looked on YouTube and watched clips of the firing of black power flintlocks, and the discharge IS mostly a puff of smoke, but the smoke is shot forward very violently and sharply, and is accompanied by sparks. Long story short, the visible discharge of the pistols are awful.

However, it seems that this issue is being taken into consideration in AC4. In the E3 demo and the havana clip, we can clearly see that the shots of the pistols are now a HUGE burst of grey smoke and a shower of sparks. I am extremely happy with mow the new gunshots look. However, the sound effects of the guns still sound sub par. I hope that they can attend to that by the game's final stage.

Also in regards to explosions, the explosion sounds and visible aesthetics of trip mine and powder barrels are just as if not more awful as the guns.

The musket shots sound a little bit better, and so is the discharge, it is still sub par though.

2. Enemy reaction to injuries. This has been a huge problem in all of the games. Whenever you fire a bullet or an arrow at enemies and it isn't an instant kill shot, they simply lurch forward as if being shoved from behind, and then continue to stand straight up and walk around, completely uninjured. After being shot with a projectile, the enemies should be visibly injured, and in pain. Also, in AC4, the enemies should react differently according to where they are hit (clutching leg and falling if shot in leg, doubling over in shot in stomach).

Also, it kinda annoys me that the shots of pistols never send enemies off their feet. Does it annoy anyone else that whenever enemies are shot with pistols in AC3, they theatrically clutch their chest and slowly sink to the ground? I know that flintlock pistols are weaker than modern pistols, and it shouldn't happen all the time, but some shots should send enemies airborne and tumbling. It is more realistic than it sounds. Sometimes in double chain kills with the pistol, the target shot is sent flying backward by the shot or is twisted around violently, airborne for a moment, and sprawling into the ground. This only happen in these chain kills. I really wish that enemies would react this way more in general.

Well, what is your opinion? If these topics have already been discussed, then I apologize. I have never seen these topics being discussed on the forum, so I feel like can talk about it without backlash.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't call these issue, i`d just put them in the category of "it would be nice if..."

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2013, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't call these issue, i`d just put them in the category of "it would be nice if..."

On a different note, have you seen any new footage or heard when more might be coming out?

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 01:57 AM
On a different note, have you seen any new footage or heard when more might be coming out?

And M would know of such info because..........?

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 02:07 AM
And M would know of such info because..........?
I`m an expert...above you AAAAALLLLL

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2013, 02:08 AM

I'm desperate for info and footage.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:14 AM

So am I. I still want to so hard to believe in this game. I still am not sold enough, but I've been here long enough to know better. The info will flow when it's due. Just try and not get worked over it, you'll just give yourself a headache.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:16 AM

Yeah an AC Watch Expert. All exclusive 5-minute early access to Connor X Haytham love artwork.

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 02:32 AM
On the topic of footage, when is Gamescom? I don't think we got anything official from it last year, but there were some leaked gameplay screenshots.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:37 AM
On the topic of footage, when is Gamescom? I don't think we got anything official from it last year, but there were some leaked gameplay screenshots.

Augustus.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:39 AM

We knew about Naval from Gamescom, which was quite huge if you ask me and we got a bit of gameplay from a legit source or 2. May I also remind you that last year, we got 2 demos at E3, while this time, we only got 1, so maybe new gameplay does await us.

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 02:43 AM
We knew about Naval from Gamescom, which was quite huge if you ask me and we got a bit of gameplay from a legit source or 2. May I also remind you that last year, we got 2 demos at E3, while this time, we only got 1, so maybe new gameplay does await us.

Huh? Naval gameplay was shown at E3 last year. Unless I'm going crazy :confused: I don't remember any gameplay demos for AC3 besides Boston, Frontier, Naval, and the clips in the dev diaries.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:55 AM
Huh? Naval gameplay was shown at E3 last year. Unless I'm going crazy :confused: I don't remember any gameplay demos for AC3 besides Boston, Frontier, Naval, and the clips in the dev diaries.

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/8/14/3242177/assassins-creed-3-naval-warfare-trailer-gamescom.

It was revealed at E3, but only shown extensively at Gamescom. Guess we're both wrong.

MasterAssasin84
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM

Well we have like 4 Months till the game is officially released so not long to wait, in any case i am sure that ubi will release more detailed information up until then.

Silhouelle
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
- Improved stealth features. Onced improved, improve them again. Again after that, then once more just to be safe. I'd like a "stealth button" that once pressed activates all the stealth stuff like crouching whenever we want, moving along walls and peeking around corners, ducking low behind crates and the like. This way would mean we wouldn't find ourselves getting stuck at a corner when we actually wanted to run up the wall, or move around the corner, etc. And of course those who don't want to play stealthy could simply never use it, so its not in their face. :)

- Hand holding. Get rid of it.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 11:20 AM
I`d love it if it was a female hand...I love holding...female....hands....mmmm

Silhouelle
06-25-2013, 11:22 AM
As if thats all you like holding, ya perv. :b

Though on the subject of females, a playable female character in a main game! Even if its just like "oh hey, I'm the protagonist but I'm tired so gonna go rest for a while. Why don't you go out and do stuff in the meantime!" Yaknow, like Catwomen in Batman: Arkham City.

montagemik
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM
I`d love it if it was a female hand...I love holding...female....hands....mmmm

So ask your Mother to take you shopping. Perfect day out for both of you . :cool:

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 11:24 AM
As if thats all you like holding, ya perv. :b
Stop stimulating my brain D:

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM
- Improved stealth features. Onced improved, improve them again. Again after that, then once more just to be safe. I'd like a "stealth button" that once pressed activates all the stealth stuff like crouching whenever we want, moving along walls and peeking around corners, ducking low behind crates and the like. This way would mean we wouldn't find ourselves getting stuck at a corner when we actually wanted to run up the wall, or move around the corner, etc. And of course those who don't want to play stealthy could simply never use it, so its not in their face. :)

Just want to point out the irony of this: many people would consider an all-in-one stealth button to be "hand-holding"