PDA

View Full Version : Countrysmith anyone?

PTrash13
06-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I think a county version of Rocksmith would be very cool (It would be nice to have both kinds, Country and Western). Country music has a very large audience. There is a lot of cool guitar and techniques in country music. Especially these days where some of it sounds a lot like rock music (except the vocals). I would really like to learn some of the older stuff from Johnny Cash, etc... While we're rolling back the clock, some 50's would be cool. Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens. Some blues would be cool too! Man, this could go on forever!

Bluesman25
06-24-2013, 03:26 PM
That's been discussed before. I don't see the point of creating another game to do this. Just add country songs (or any other genre of music to the same game). Who cares if it's called Rocksmith.

PTrash13
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Variations in the visual theme of the game would add to immersion in game. That's one of the things I find interesting about Bandfuse's use of videos. It may take you more into the experience of the song it's self. Take you away from the note highway, watching your fingers, etc... One of the reasons in Rocksmith I don't use rehearse anymore. I play at a venue to play the full song. Just seems to broaden the whole experience for me.

plissken99
06-24-2013, 06:40 PM
No country needs it's own game, I don't even want to hear the snippets of it as I scroll through the songs.

clashremote
06-24-2013, 06:47 PM
No country needs it's own game, I don't even want to hear the snippets of it as I scroll through the songs.

This^ and this ^ again and this^ a third time :mad:

extendedsolo
06-24-2013, 08:32 PM

I think that it depends really. Radio country would be really boring and unlistenable for guitar (except some brad paisley). Very guitar oriented country would be too discouraging to almost all rocksmith players.

Spartan_NV
06-24-2013, 09:41 PM

That's how I feel about A7X. That garbage shouldn't be in Rocksmith.

toymachinesh
06-24-2013, 10:22 PM

That's how I feel about 3 Days Grace. That garbage shouldn't be in existence.

Marauder359
06-24-2013, 10:45 PM
They had some Johnny Cash in pro mode for Rockband 3 and I really enjoyed those songs. I'd be happy for a set of country releases... but yeah, if you go with some of the more guitar oriented stuff, it'll destroy you as much as any metal.

ghmorello
06-25-2013, 01:01 AM

You're garbage for thinking that A7X is garbage. Anyways, I hate country, so no Countrysmith please.

SeattleSauve
06-25-2013, 01:14 AM
I'd rather a BluesSmith :)

But whatever they do I want it to all be playable from one disc, so if they do release a massive set of songs from a specific genre hopefully it's something you can just download and play in the main game (or export to main game) even if there is a side game that is tailored to that content.

plissken99
06-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Indeed, A7X is bottom of the barrel down there with Nickelback. In fact Rocksmith has lots of new age crap that has no business existing, still no need to gum up the works a universally bottom of the barrel genre like country(no matter how intricate it can get). Some Eagles and all Credence are as country as I get.

I wouldn't blame them for making a Countrysmith, lots of people listen to it(sadly), so long as it's sold separately. My uncle has a Telecaster, I'm sure he'd love it.

Bluesman25
06-25-2013, 06:31 AM

Well, if you don't buy the songs, then you won't hear any snippets of it.

futile67
06-25-2013, 08:06 AM
My uncle has a Telecaster, I'm sure he'd love it.

I have a very nice Telecaster and I would NEVER play any country. I hate that stuff!!!

But Telecasters are awesome.

Jasta_man
06-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I'd rather a BluesSmith :)

But whatever they do I want it to all be playable from one disc, so if they do release a massive set of songs from a specific genre hopefully it's something you can just download and play in the main game (or export to main game) even if there is a side game that is tailored to that content.

This is exactly what I was thinking, other than they just announced RS 2014, let's not get greedy.

FragDaddy34
06-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Wish they would have named the game 'GuitarSmith' to get away from the stigma that the only thing fans will 'allow' to be played is some sort of Swedish Death Metal or whatever it is they are wanting. I would love 'some' country music in there just to add more choices for more people.

plissken99
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, if you don't buy the songs, then you won't hear any snippets of it.
I was thinking more in terms of country musics potential involvement in future games, like RS 2014. I'd be all for Blues-smith though. :)

clashremote
06-25-2013, 06:30 PM
As any Luthier will tell you, playing country on any guitar especially a telecaster will cause church roofs to collapse on the little blind children, all wives to walk out on their husbands and old horses/dogs will give up and fall down dead, just a warning dear friends ;)

RavageX
06-25-2013, 11:22 PM
As any Luthier will tell you, playing country on any guitar especially a telecaster will cause church roofs to collapse on the little blind children, all wives to walk out on their husbands and old horses/dogs will give up and fall down dead, just a warning dear friends ;)

Quite true, I think it has been statistically proven by critically acclaimed scientists.

nadagretsch
06-26-2013, 12:05 AM

I could probably handle the wife walking out part, but the dog falling down dead would be the end of me.

derrickhenry1
06-26-2013, 12:45 AM
I very much dislike country songs for they are terrible sounding and lame to me, but I am always open to good guitar songs that sound great on my acoustic so if it has a great guitar sound I would purchase it, but turn down the volume on the singer. Unless we are going to say The Eagles are country which to me is more folk/country and soft rock mixed together with some awesomeness. If that day ever happens they add The Eagles I might be only practicing those songs for a long time :)

PTrash13
06-26-2013, 02:18 AM

I could probably handle the wife walking out part, but the dog falling down dead would be the end of me.

If we could work in Mom, a truck, and the train, we just might have the first Rocksmith original. Could be a Grammy in it! lol! I'm with derrickhenry1 on the Eagles. That DLC would cost me some money.

toiviservo
06-26-2013, 03:00 AM
If we could work in Mom, a truck, and the train, we just might have the first Rocksmith original. Could be a Grammy in it! lol! I'm with derrickhenry1 on the Eagles. That DLC would cost me some money.
Thanks I now have the perfect country and western song playing in my head. I would buy country dlc or countrysmith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOVRkSCWmg

KinchBlade
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks I now have the perfect country and western song playing in my head. I would buy country dlc or countrysmith.

Glad I didn't that off after 10 seconds and hung in for the last verse - funny.

Jasta_man
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
If you play a country song backwards, you get your wife, dog, and pickup truck back.

Marauder359
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM
While I don't like modern radio country, there's plenty of older stuff in the bluegrass, western, and straight up country categories from years gone by... The issue I have with modern country is that it's just hicked up rock. The music is rock 90% of the time. The only difference is awful lyrics and ****ty singing. But there's a ton of older stuff that is uniquely its own... and melodic... something a vast swath of rock music, namely metal, cannot stake a claim to... While I don't like modern country, I at least consider it music... a lot of metal? Not so much... Noise is the term that comes to mind... But I don't begrudge anyone having that crap filling their RS experience to the brim... That's your choice. Some country would be my choice... If you want to have a pissing contest about music and you want to put up country against metal... we can... I don't think many of you metal fans would like the outcome of a direct comparison, either musically or for sales, though... But, I guess keep up the pretentious image, I guess.

Brick235
06-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Can't we all just.........get along?

rcole_sooner
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
If you play a country song backwards, you get your wife, dog, and pickup truck back.

That is what I've heard. :D

sh1kamaru-
06-30-2013, 12:40 AM
Can't we all just.........get along?

^this, country’s got nice songs, I’d rather have a country song instead of titus andronicus :p

reddragonhrcro
06-30-2013, 01:09 AM
^this, country’s got nice songs, I’d rather have a country song instead of titus andronicus :p

THIS!

Yeah there are some good country/country rock songs i heard and would be ok seeing on Rocksmith even thought i don't like country that much.
Also their annoying song being first on the song list while its saving...just eh....

Marauder359
06-30-2013, 04:12 PM
THIS!

Yeah there are some good country/country rock songs i heard and would be ok seeing on Rocksmith even thought i don't like country that much.
Also their annoying song being first on the song list while its saving...just eh....

It got so bad, my nephew actually refers to playing RS as "looking for a new New Jersey." lol horrible.

plissken99
06-30-2013, 05:31 PM
It got so bad, my nephew actually refers to playing RS as "looking for a new New Jersey." lol horrible.
That is hilarious, I always hear "well I never wanted to change the world". I've gotten in the habit of saying "don't worry, you didn't" as I scroll past it as quickly as the game allows.

toymachinesh
06-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Download 8675309/Jenny or 20th Century Boy

Marauder359
06-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Download 8675309/Jenny or 20th Century Boy

I have subsequently. I just wish there was a way to set up a different display grouping and have it retain that as your default... Like if I wanted to search by artist, it would retain that each time until I changed it. Maybe 2014.

toymachinesh
06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Probably 2014... That is definitely an issue they would address