PDA

View Full Version : Interesting interview from gamespot

prince162010
06-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Interesting interview with Ashraf Ismail from gamespot in the E3 Stage Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgo5_W2DQQM

skip to 7:57 someone from the twitter questioning Ashraf Ismail about the customization for Edward...>> it seems that the armors would make back to the series:cool: ,he said that there is a tons of outfits (for those who likes the diversity of outfits) and customization for Edward also you can upgrade your weapons, health bar and armors < i think it's the first time in the series.

SixKeys
06-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Armor has already been confirmed in earlier interviews. I wish they'd tell us if there's customization beyond armor, like different outfits or dyes. I really don't care about armor, I always avoid it, but I'm a sucker for new outfits.

Assassin_M
06-24-2013, 03:24 AM
"eeeeek Armor..YAAAAY"
"What are you so happy about?"
"Armor :D"
"What about it??"
"We have it now :D"
"It was useless"
"it`s from Assassins Creed II....anything from Assassins Creed II is god :D"
"..."

Wolfmeister1010
06-24-2013, 03:30 AM
I couldn't care less whether armor is in the game or not. I just hope that there are plenty of AESTHETIC options to choose from as well. The armor in all past games has looked awful......well, maybe except for some of the armor in ac2, because it didn't make ezio look like a monster.

Wolfmeister1010
06-24-2013, 03:41 AM
"eeeeek Armor..YAAAAY"
"What about it??"
"It was useless"
"..."

Lol yep, that's pretty much 75 % of the AC fan base

captin_qwark7
06-24-2013, 03:58 AM
$@%# yeah, armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfmeister1010
06-24-2013, 04:06 AM
$@%# yeah, armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoyalACFan
06-24-2013, 05:12 AM
I honestly do like armor, just for the customization factor. No, you didn't NEED it (any AC game can easily be beaten without a single upgrade) but I personally thought it looked really sweet if you found the right combinations of dyes and armors. At least until Revelations, where every armor set except the very first one made him look like a bulky bastard. But put on the Wetlands Ebony dye with a full metal armor set in AC2 and try to tell me it doesn't look badass.

Megas_Doux
06-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Armor is back???? Meh!!!!

Since I do not think that they will give us the option of full customization since "it breaks the game" I hope, at least, there are removing armor glitches like in ACB/ACR...

PD It would be fine it the armours have the elegant AC2 style, though.

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 05:24 AM
"eeeeek Armor..YAAAAY"
"What about it??"
"It was useless"
"..."
I like customizability.

x___Luffy___x
06-24-2013, 06:27 AM
F**K armor. the most ridiculous thing in AC. give us customization of edward regarding his clothes and weapons , it would be awesome.

but at least dont force us to wear armor again. a pirate with a armor = ridiculous...

Sigv4rd
06-24-2013, 07:12 AM
He said armor upgrades which means it might just be an increase of Edward's health bar not necessarily anything close to this abomination
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110327053504/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png
Hopefully something like Haytham's outfit is available...

Jexx21
06-24-2013, 07:19 AM
I actually like armor, in most cases.

The first two armor sets in ACR were fine, but then they got ridiculous with the last bought one and the Master Assassin armor.

Hopefully they're better in Black Flag. And I hope that the armor is just differing kinds of leather armor.

True_Assassin92
06-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Is it optional? I hope so

silvermercy
06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Armor has already been confirmed in earlier interviews. I wish they'd tell us if there's customization beyond armor, like different outfits or dyes. I really don't care about armor, I always avoid it, but I'm a sucker for new outfits.

I think we will at least have some "Haytham" colors, red and blue, but I can't remember if it's for the outfit or the ship...

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2013, 12:35 PM
F**K armor. the most ridiculous thing in AC. give us customization of edward regarding his clothes and weapons , it would be awesome.

but at least dont force us to wear armor again. a pirate with a armor = ridiculous...

this, I hope we are able to remove that leather jacket as well, it looked ugly in the game...

AC2_alex
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
this, I hope we are able to remove that leather jacket as well, it looked ugly in the game...

Pics? I'm curious to see it.

TheOnlyEzio
06-24-2013, 04:12 PM
"eeeeek Armor..YAAAAY"
"What about it??"
"It was useless"
"..."

Nah man you're all wrong, AC1 was the best. I mean, it's so original and non repetitive. Especially getting all those flags, omg so much better then AC2's wide range of missions and extra side content.

Rugterwyper32
06-24-2013, 06:01 PM
I have mixed feelings about armor.
On one hand, it had this tendency during the Ezio trilogy to get more and more ridiculous which I hope doesn't carry on to AC4, and it just made the game even easier than it already was, nevermind always changing your armor to the most resistant during mission replays rather than letting you keep what you had.
On the other hand, if the difficulty is indeed toned up and upgrading armor has more of a purpose than just making the game a total joke, I would actually appreciate that. And if you can remove armor and keep something decent looking during replays, then it won't bother me as much.

Assassin_M
06-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I like customizability.
Yeah I like it too, but don`t give me armor (that is SUPPOSEDLY useful) and tell me naaah you can finish the game without it :|....Customization?? absolutely. Useless?? suuuuure, how about outfits?? I wont whine when they`re useless...

Wolfmeister1010
06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Nah man you're all wrong, AC1 was the best. I mean, it's so original and non repetitive. Especially getting all those flags, omg so much better then AC2's wide range of missions and extra side content.

Well, it was extremely original. What are you talking about? There wasn't an Assassins creed 0.5 was there? Prince of Persia had climbing, but nothing else that was brough to AC1, so don't even go there. Also, getting the flags was a lot less annoying than finding all those feathers.

Assassin_M
06-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Well, it was extremely original. What are you talking about? There wasn't an Assassins creed 0.5 was there? Prince of Persia had climbing, but nothing else that was brough to AC1, so don't even go there. Also, getting the flags was a lot less annoying than finding all those feathers.
and the reward is basically mom screwing Ezio..

"here Ezio, thank you for not forgetting me. this is a cape that will make you notorious everywhere and people want to kill you. thank you, my son"

Oh oh and side content..maaaaan AC II had some LEGIT side content...like beating husbands up?? that was so relevant..

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 09:09 PM
"here Ezio, thank you for not forgetting me. this is a cape that will make you notorious everywhere and people want to kill you. thank you, my son"

:rolleyes:

Assassin_M
06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
:rolleyes:
Oh yeah forgot to give you credit

Jexx21
06-24-2013, 09:54 PM
I actually think finding the feathers was easier than finding 420 flags. (just realized there were 420 flags, that's funny. I wonder if this is supposed to be a reference to the rumors of Assassins smoking some hashish)

I mean, the feathers glowed in eagle vision. flags did not.

Rugterwyper32
06-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I found flags easier to find because I actually felt like finding them
It's all about the nice sound effect yo

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I actually think finding the feathers was easier than finding 420 flags. (just realized there were 420 flags, that's funny. I wonder if this is supposed to be a reference to the rumors of Assassins smoking some hashish)

I mean, the feathers glowed in eagle vision. flags did not.
420 flags in which game?

Jexx21
06-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Ac1

LieutenantJojo
06-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Okay, so armor's back. Cool, but it'd better be freakin' removable or hell will break loose.

I hated how you were always stuck with the armor on the entire time, after you purchased it.

monster_rambo
06-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Okay, so armor's back. Cool, but it'd better be freakin' removable or hell will break loose.

I hated how you were always stuck with the armor on the entire time, after you purchased it.

What? Please no armor. Jeez.

SixKeys
06-25-2013, 12:47 AM
What? Please no armor. Jeez.

I don't mind if it's in the game as long as it's optional.

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Well ofcourse it's optional, that's why one of the guys said "don't upgrade your armour if you want challenge"

I like armour(aesthetically)

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Well ofcourse it's optional, that's why one of the guys said "don't upgrade your armour if you want challenge"

Agreed. I don't care about the stats they give. I just want my player to look good

SixKeys
06-25-2013, 01:04 AM

I mean completely optional, not like in previous games where we were forced to buy at least one or two pieces and then unable to remove them.

monster_rambo
06-25-2013, 01:11 AM

Why not make it cosmetic only? Seeing how weapon and armor stats make virtually no difference in the game. Just have an option to customize your clothes.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Why not make it cosmetic only? Seeing how weapon and armor stats make virtually no difference in the game. Just have an option to customize your clothes.
this

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 01:33 AM

To be completely honest, I really do not care if they make armor purely aesthetic or not; I won't even notice if it gives extra health or not. I played the entirety of ACR with Azap armor and never died, except maybe on something stupid like a leap of fail. I want armor back so we can customize our look beyond a set of complete outfits a la AC3. I often liked playing AC2 with a brownish dye and leather armor, or black dye with Missaglias armor; I didn't care about the stats, I just liked the way it looked. Yes, it should be completely removable, SixKeys, you're right. But I do want it back for aesthetic reasons.

Megas_Doux
06-25-2013, 03:29 AM
To be completely honest, I really do not care if they make armor purely aesthetic or not; I won't even notice if it gives extra health or not. I played the entirety of ACR with Azap armor and never died, except maybe on something stupid like a leap of fail. I want armor back so we can customize our look beyond a set of complete outfits a la AC3. I often liked playing AC2 with a brownish dye and leather armor, or black dye with Missaglias armor; I didn't care about the stats, I just liked the way it looked. Yes, it should be completely removable, SixKeys, you're right. But I do want it back for aesthetic reasons.

I could meet the people who discovered those armour removing glitches, I would invite them some drinks!

prince162010
06-25-2013, 02:10 PM
They don't force you to wear the armor.it's optional >> if you don't like it don't wear it,,,also in the interview Ashraf said that there is a tons of outfits(for those who likes the diversity of outfits) and customization for Edward also he said you can upgrade your weapons, health bar and armors < i think it's the first time in the series

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 02:12 PM
They don't force you to wear the armor.it's optional >> if you don't like it don't wear it
ACB ----> optional shoulder pad, except you don`t get to advance the story unless you wear it, but it`s totally optional
ACR ----> optional shoulder pad, except you don`t get to advance the story unless you wear it, but it`s totally totally optional.....totally

SixKeys
06-25-2013, 02:20 PM
ACB ----> optional shoulder pad, except you don`t get to advance the story unless you wear it, but it`s totally optional
ACR ----> optional shoulder pad, except you don`t get to advance the story unless you wear it, but it`s totally totally optional.....totally

Don't forget AC2. The first mission you get from Uncle Mario is to buy some armor.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Don't forget AC2. The first mission you get from Uncle Mario is to buy some armor.
Ah I just thought, hey...it`s a shoe...we should celebrate the times when the SHOE was what was forced...maybe they`d be kind enough to JUST force the shoe this time -_-

Ureh
06-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I didn't really mind the AC2 greaves; the knee protection looked pretty nice. But I couldn't wait to change the pauldrons in ACB to Seusonhofer.

But I think Edward looks great with the armor he has on in all the promo pics. It just seems an excellent pairing this time.

shobhit7777777
06-25-2013, 03:48 PM

This

I was superexcited to see Ezio without any armour in the first segment of ACR....in the vanilla version of his awesome outfit...sure enough, within the next 10 minutes I'm forced to don armour...ugly as hell armour

Armour has no business being in AC. Not when the Assassin is a 'Blade in the crowd'. I can understand why some people like it....therefore keep the armour...however let it be upto the user to decide if he/she wants to wear it.

Ureh
06-25-2013, 04:58 PM
ACR azap pauldron us totally fine to me. Looks almost identical to default except for subtle colour change.

x___Luffy___x
06-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Armour has no business being in AC. Not when the Assassin is a 'Blade in the crowd'. I can understand why some people like it....therefore keep the armour...however let it be upto the user to decide if he/she wants to wear it.

agree totally . just keep it optional

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:06 PM
With ACB, wasn't it just a pair of boots and gloves?

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Anyway, they just need to have an option to remove armor.

Since Black Flag is the first time they're using armor in the AnvilNext engine, I hope they have enough time to implement a function where you can just remove the armor you're wearing.

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Anyway, they just need to have an option to remove armor.

Since Black Flag is the first time they're using armor in the AnvilNext engine, I hope they have enough time to implement a function where you can just remove the armor you're wearing.
It's the same engine with a few modifications, if they can not be lazy and actually do it that would be good instead of giving BS reasons like last time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I doubt they'll actually do it considering they said "don't upgrade armour if you want challenge"

montagemik
06-25-2013, 07:20 PM

Chest armour & Shoulder plate too. (we soon ditch the default ACB armour in your SIG )

Bashilir
06-25-2013, 07:20 PM

No... You were forced to buy a ugly as hell spaulder...

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
actually the armor in my sig isn't the default ACB armor.

The one in my sig has two hidden blade bracers that look the same, this is not the case in ACB. Ezio is also wearing the final shoulder pad from the game.

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:25 PM
No... You were forced to buy a ugly as hell spaulder...
Oh that? I actually loved that leather spaulder. It was one of my favorites from the game.

Bastiaen
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Has anyone even bothered to notice: Edward's basic outfit is leather armor! Gasp!!! No news here, but it was a really nice interview.