PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Questiong about the ending to AC3

Poodle_of_Doom
06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Something I'm curious to know is how Minerva and Juno are talking to Desmond. I think they aren't talking to him the same way. In fact, it would appear that they Past/Present version of Minerva is talking to the Present/Present version of Juno, if that makes any sense.

The way I looked at things is that Juno's consciouness is locked in the machine, and she's using TWCB technology to communicate with Desmond that way. However, I think Juno is talking to Desmond through the time nexus. This would mean that Juno is talking, and communicating with Desmond from the present, where Minerva is doing so from the past.

So how did you all interpret it? Are they talking through different means? If so, I understand how Minerva can be aware of Juno, but how is it Juno can be aware of Minerva? How is it that they can speak to each other, as if it's in real time?

Something else I noticed to was with Desmonds watch, when he finally placed his hand on the orb to release Juno. We get a close up of his right hand, and his watch. On it, all we see is the number 65, in digital letters. Of course if you flipped these upside down (as they already were by looking at it), so that the numbers would then be upside right, the number is actually 59. Do you think this is meant to imply that it came down to the last minutes, and/or seconds, when Desmond was saving the world?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2013, 07:42 PM
I've added the spoiler tag in case people haven't got to the end yet.

Poodle_of_Doom
06-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I've added the spoiler tag in case people haven't got to the end yet.

Cool. Thanks for doing that. I should of thought to do it. However, I didn't think to simply because of the title itself.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I would like to bump this, since it never got a response.

Go1den Mean
12-07-2013, 11:32 PM
59 ties into the ring you find, magneto shield and the end game. <Ouroboros, to be honest, feels cheap and dirty>. I am not surprised Ubi made a game about pirates, they will steal anything.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 12:21 AM
How does it tie into the ring you find?