PDA

View Full Version : So help me if AC 4 doesnt turn out...

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
There have been many AC games throughout the years. Not to mention the upcoming AC 4: Black Flag. Ubisoft has tried hard to find the juiciest times in history for the setting(s) of their games. Although AC 3 may have had historical elements to it, it was missing most of its AC elements. Sure it had the same fighting styles and stealthy moves but it wasn't what we'd hoped for. The events in history that happened at the time were important, but the location was terrible. There wasn't any sophisticated architecture or grand cities with secrets locked deep inside the heart of city. It was boring. Oh look, a lame and simply constructed building to scale in a matter of seconds. Hey, is that tree that has nothing to do AC over there? I'll go climb it. There needs to be a balance of historical events and historical locations that aren't a mere 300 years of age in today's time. The combat was also unbalanced and the enemies had a bit more of an edge. Your stuck with your sword and hidden blade as well as a pistol that require a lot of time to reload while a whole squad of redcoats are unload their muskets on you. After a while, killing the same over and over and over whilst the only difference between the redcoats and American revolutionists (call them whatever you want i don't care) is a uniform and nationality. At least the previous AC's had a variety of enemies that made the combat more immersive. Also, there is virtually no point in having a currency in-game. In previous AC's, everyone would be so excited to go buy better armor and weapons so that it felt like they were increasing their edge over the enemy one piece of equipment at a time. So bring the old health bar because i could use medicine when being fired at instead of waiting for my health to regenerate after they've finished shooting so waiting for that to stop may take a while.Finally, the storyline and character just did not fit in. No offense, they sucked. The majority of people who know and have played through the entire story of all the AC's would agree. There was no point in being Kenway for 5 hours because you'd change over to Connor. Connor isnt an Assassin in my eyes. He doesnt have that personality of a true assassin. In no way is he linked to there order besides being the bastard son of a Templar. im not trying to use offensive language, Connor's mother didnt marry Kenway so its a legitimate term, not an insult. The Storyline doesnt relate to much of anything important, nothing big nothing drastic. The Pieces of Eden play a big role in the story but are rarely involved. Its just a scattered and poorly thought of story. We had no major to Connor being involved officially in the order other than being trained an 80 year old retired assassins who hasn't a clue in the world to what he's doing. So, I reallt hope Ac 4 lives up to the true AC expectations. Otherwise, should it not be a second wake up call saying that you've messed up again, well, thats where i lose faith in the rest of the games to come.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and should you have any thoughts regarding my opinion dont hesitate to comment message or post!

Also, Negative reasonless and uneducated responses to my post will be ignored. No offense, its just that those post arent worth taking seriously. Again, Thanks alot for cooperating. :)

ze_topazio
06-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Complaining about AC3 is so 2012.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 06:50 PM
But its a great reference to the errors that must be corrected in the games to come in the AC series.

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree with you on the cities. They were boring compared to Constantinople, Rome, Venice, Acre, etc.

Disagree on combat. AC3 has had the best combat so far and C'mon it wasn't hard at all.

Disagree with health bar. Medicine and armor basically broke the game. In AC2, I could literally set my controller to the side and watch... it took minutes for me to die.

Disagree with story. The story was pretty good and the characters were good. AC3 arguably has the most interesting Templar characters.

Disagree with Connor. Especially the point you made about heritage--- Connor basically embodies heritage. And technically he has more Assassin ancestors than Ezio did do to the fact that Connor lived two and a half centuries after Ezio.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 07:20 PM
yes, but technically they are sort of his in-laws and unofficially his ancestors because he's a native american and thats the majority of his heritage. he inherited his Assassin/Templar heritage from Kenway and being that Kenway did not marry Connor's mother its an unofficial heritage in a way

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 07:26 PM
yes, but technically they are sort of his in-laws and unofficially his ancestors because he's a native american and thats the majority of his heritage. he inherited his Assassin/Templar heritage from Kenway and being that Kenway did not marry Connor's mother its an unofficial heritage in a way

Then how does the Clan Mother have an apple of eden?

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 07:48 PM
good question, but how is the Clan Mother related to the Assassins or Templars? (other than having a piece of eden)

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Disagree with health bar. Medicine and armor basically broke the game. In AC2, I could literally set my controller to the side and watch... it took minutes for me to die.

um yeah thats because you werent doing anything in that period of time. Its a game so play it! also, the original health bar was in every Ac game up until AC 3 so in saying the original health bar broke the game, your saying every game but AC3 is broken? i think not.

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
In any case, heritage doesn't determine what makes an Assassin a good character or anything else.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Ok fine. that much is true. AC 3 had probably more Templars as NPC than any other, but much less in terms of assassins.

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 07:57 PM
The original health bar from AC1 actually had you regenerate health.

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 07:59 PM
the original health bar was in every Ac game up until AC 3 so in saying the original health bar broke the game, your saying every game but AC3 is broken? i think not

That's completely not true. Altair's health was based on sync and each hit took down one bar. In AC2-ACR, you had much more health in general, and each hit didn't even take out one bar... it took down a half of bar that could then regen if you weren't hit again in the next 5 seconds or so.

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Also, Negative reasonless and uneducated responses to my post will be ignored. No offense, its just that those post arent worth taking seriously. Again, Thanks alot for cooperating. :)

I hope you realize that to a lot of people, your post is an uneducated post.

Especially since you think reasonless and alot are words and don't know how to use apostrophes.

As for your major points: AC is not just a game about history, historical settings, and the Pieces of Eden. It's about showing a world-wide conflict between the Assassins and the Templars. You do realize that these "secret filled cities" only had to do with AC because these secrets related to the Pieces of Eden. Guess what, there were secrets in Boston and New York aswell, in the tunnels.

And please tell me how Connor doesn't have the personality of a true Assassin? Is it because he doesn't act like Ezio?

Locopells
06-22-2013, 08:07 PM
good question, but how is the Clan Mother related to the Assassins or Templars? (other than having a piece of eden)

She's not. I suspect she knows of them, hence she knows where to send Connor, but that's it. She MIGHT have got some info from Juno via the POE (NOT an apple, seems to be something to do with TWCB's method of telling the future), which I imagine came to her from her predecessors who presumably found it somewhere near the ruins of the Grand Temple.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Not quite. Its more his morals and goals. Its hard to explain but the assassins are enemies with the Templars but serve as a form of police towards other corruptive groups. Therefore making them sort-of a vigilante group with a goal. altair's motivation was duty and ezio's was more or less revenge 9as you stated earlier with the photo). connor's is justice, a one-sided sort of motive, sometimes, the assassins are on the good side but have to do illegal things to keep the order. Also, the redcoats arent templars so why is it justice for connor if hes hunting templars but killing alot of redcoats? ik your probably gonna say: thats an uneducated question; but please do think it through before you say that.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:09 PM
PS i dont mean to be offensive but i said uneducated responses to my post. Not uneducated posts to my post.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:10 PM
PS im not saying ur popst is uneducated, im just saying i wouldnt respond to uneducated responses, never did i say that i have an uneducated posts if thats the case

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:13 PM
What? Why are you telling others your assumption of what they're going to say next. At best, you'll be correct, at worst you'll insult them. You just insulted me, so I hope this is a lesson for you.

In any case, Connor doesn't actually actively support the killing of redcoats. If guards attack him, he'll incapacitate them (it's up to the player whether it's lethal or not) or run away. Connor doesn't pursue the British directly.

Rugterwyper32
06-22-2013, 08:13 PM
My take on a few points here:

- Yes, the cities certainly weren't as interesting in terms of history up to that point, but it was a breath of fresh air. They did miss out on opportunities that would have made the cities more interesting, though, considering they didn't play around with the "things weren't like you think they were" aspect. Rather than the underground tunnels I'd have appreciated if they took advantage of that to hide some "freemason treasure" in some locations or something to make things more interesting. But hey, what can you do. The cities still kept a certain charm to them, even if they weren't as interesting (specially New York at night during Winter).

- I believe AC3 had the best combat so far besides AC1. AC2 through ACR was pretty much a joke. Which brings me to the next point.

- I completely disagree about health and armor. I'm really glad there's no armor and medicine any more. My most fun playthrough of all those games so far has been playing with the basic armor and only using medicine after a battle if the screen went red during battle or after a fall. Combat was easy enough in AC2/ACR as it is, but armor and medicine turned it into a joke. If anything I hope health doesn't regenerate in AC4 until after you're done with a fight instead of regenerating during combat.

- I disagree about the story. Sure, there wasn't a proper Assassin order. Makes sense, considering how the Templars managed to stay one step ahead and completely destroyed them. Their only mistake was leaving Achilles alive, really. Had Achilles died, they had a clear path with little to no opposition. Connor not being the most Assassin-like of all the Assassins we've seen so far makes sense, considering he was trained by the last one remaining in the Northeast Coast and they kept clashing in terms of how go around things. And we saw Templars as more calculating and imposing antagonists which we could even sympathize with because of the prologue (as much as it dragged along). This is the closest besides the modern day storyline we've seen them to succeeding. It made for a rather unique storyline. They just really missed a chance with the native side of Connor, in my opinion. And hey, he does have Assassin heritage, we're playing as his grandfather in this game after all.

And I think in terms of locations you'll be happier with AC4. Havana alone brings out a lot of interesting history with it, but we have Port Royal and a bunch of smaller locations in Jamaica. Spanish Town is a potential location, I'm thinking, which would add to the fun.
And of course, since it reaches all the way to the Yucatan peninsula, we'll have some fun Mayan ruins.

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:15 PM
On a side note, it sounds like some of your problems with AC3 is that it was too hard for you. AC4 is supposed to be harder in general combat, in case that worries you.

montagemik
06-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Not quite. Its more his morals and goals. Its hard to explain but the assassins are enemies with the Templars but serve as a form of police towards other corruptive groups. Therefore making them sort-of a vigilante group with a goal. altair's motivation was duty and ezio's was more or less revenge 9as you stated earlier with the photo). connor's is justice, a one-sided sort of motive, sometimes, the assassins are on the good side but have to do illegal things to keep the order. Also, the redcoats arent templars so why is it justice for connor if hes hunting templars but killing alot of redcoats? ik your probably gonna say: thats an uneducated question; but please do think it through before you say that.

Who are the ones imposing seemingly unfair laws / taxes on the colonists - Evicting people from homes ?? = Redcoats , Injustice .

That's not even a difficult concept/reasoning to grasp. (if you followed the simple game plot.)

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:24 PM
its not that it was too hard, i just found it hard to stay interested at times. The beginning was extremely slow and to direct in terms of missions. Most of the story missions felt like side objectives like the mission with the ship and the battles while in the vineyard or whatever the place was. Some however were juicy but those missions were a rarity. The missions need to have a pulse and not make you flatline everytime. Also, regarding connor's heritage... we know the link in between Altair and ezio: Altair slept with Maria. but whats the link in between ezio and kenway because we all know that kenway is the reason connor has an assassin heritage. You need to know this because you cant throw in a new character and their memories without proving their link to desmond and the rest of his ancestors.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
yes ok you got me on the redcoats but what about the other stuff i said?

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:30 PM
What? Ezio isn't a descendant of Altair.

Ever wondered why Abstergo couldn't use Subject 16's DNA to get access to Altair's memories of the Apple even though Subject 16 had access to Ezio's? That's right, Ezio isn't related to Altair by blood.

ze_topazio
06-22-2013, 08:33 PM
When did the Assassin order became some kind of noble house that requires you to have a long line of assassin blood to be a good Assassin? And considering the order has thousands of members you are bound to have Assassins with all kinds of personalities and since the Assassins objectives are very vague you are bound to have Assassins with different views on what the Assassins should be doing.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 08:35 PM
then how exactly are they related? The animus uses DNA to revive the lost memories of ancestors so how can desmond visit the momories of connor? or is just the fact that the link in between them hasnt been revealed yet?

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:38 PM
There most likely isn't a link between the Kenway family and previous generations of Assassins. I'm fairly sure that Edward Kenway is the first Kenway to become an Assassin.

Ezio and Altair are not related by blood, they are however related to Desmond by blood. At some point the two lines converged through someone of Ezio's lineage having sex with someone of Altair's lineage which resulted in a child.

Connor's lineage eventually converged with Ezio's and Altair's aswell.

Rugterwyper32
06-22-2013, 08:38 PM
then how exactly are they related? The animus uses DNA to revive the lost memories of ancestors so how can desmond visit the momories of connor? or is just the fact that the link in between them hasnt been revealed yet?

One of them could be related to Desmond's dad through Desmond's grandmother, the others through Desmond's grandfather's mother and father since it's a bunch of lines. Or they could be related from one of the many branches on his mom's side.
If you start looking at your family tree, you'll see how much it branches out and how huge those branches are. So yeah, we've got no connection yet other than "they're related to Desmond".

Ureh
06-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Who are the ones imposing seemingly unfair laws / taxes on the colonists - Evicting people from homes ?? = Redcoats , Injustice .

That's not even a difficult concept/reasoning to grasp. (if you followed the simple game plot.)

1. Sam Adams, Sons of Liberty, and several Patriots embellished their cause and exagerrated the "atrocities" of the redcoats (ex: boston massacre). The British weren't as evil as they were out to be before the War started.
2. The Colonists are a spoiled, stubborn bunch. Shaun argued that the British wished to expand and gain territory, thereby benefiting the Colonists. But instead of supporting it, the Colonists are like "we don't want to fight. This isn't our war." They want the land and resources without having to pay for it. Yet the Colonists largely relied on the British to keep them safe and sustain them with supplies. But instead of gratitude the Colonists don't want to pay taxes.
3. The protesting is due in large part to the manipulation of rich, white men who want to control the Colonies for themselves. Most Colonists don't care about the Iroquois.
4. The U.S. Gov would eventually tax the people just like the Crown was.
5. Colonists bullied gov officials and tax collectors. Often beating them and sometimes tarring/feathering them. Many Loyalists were bullied and forced to return to England and abandon their homes.

Therefore the Crown, British, and Loyalists suffered injustice as well.

Fly1Ngf1Sh1
06-22-2013, 10:17 PM
aha! Justice is served! Thanks for the input Ureh! It really helped with my argument!

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 10:28 PM
aha! Justice is served! Thanks for the input Ureh! It really helped with my argument!
Not quite..since Connor did not pursue Redcoats for no reason...He called them victims, he expressed disgust when he saw bodies of Colonists AND Redcoats after the battle of Lexington..

Pardon my boldness, but I find it rather hilarious that you claimed uneducated posts will be ignored, yet make the error of saying that Ezio and Altair are related...i wont chastise you on your opinion that an Assassin has to have a heritage of Assassins to be an Assassin or that because Connor is a bastard child then his heritage is negated...you can think whatever you like, but...you know...pay attention to the games next time??

Locopells
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
I like the new quote in your sig, M...

LoyalACFan
06-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Then how does the Clan Mother have an apple of eden?

She didn't. It was a Crystal Ball. Still a POE, but who says you have to be an Assassin or Templar to have one?

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 10:42 PM
I like the new quote in your sig, M...
Thanks, mate.. Jon Stewart fan?

BATISTABUS
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I would love to read this, but there are so few paragraphs...

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 11:49 PM

it actually doesn't because Connor didn't know about these things. Yes, Connor is naive, but by the end of the game he starts to realize that there is always deception.

Bashilir
06-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Why are there still so many threads that bring up AC3 being bad this long after release? This is almost as bad as like, how long Michael Jackson's death stayed in the news.

montagemik
06-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Therefore the Crown, British, and Loyalists suffered injustice as well.

And i'm sure IF Capt Toffington of the Kings Navy had twisted Connor's ear instead of Sam (tell people what they want to hear) Adams , And Connor hadn't been set up as the redcoats Public enemy number 1 ... Then Connor may have been butchering Colonists instead.

Shame really - as it wasn't the Crown that screwed his people over in the end. :nonchalance:

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Thanks, mate.. Jon Stewart fan?

I am. Very much so. And that quote is brilliant.

SolidSage
06-23-2013, 03:29 AM
AC3 was a great entry in the series. Issues? Sure. But plenty of positive advances too.

Ureh
06-23-2013, 04:11 AM

Actually it doesn't. I disagree with most of what you said as well (except for the lack of puzzle platforming). I was merely supplementing montagemik's post; that there was injustice on both sides.

it actually doesn't because Connor didn't know about these things. Yes, Connor is naive, but by the end of the game he starts to realize that there is always deception.

He was aware of these things (ex: when he realized that Adams would whitewash what really happened at King's Street and his conversation with Adams about Surry and rich, landed white men). He merely chose what he thought was the lesser of two evils because the Templars were seemingly aiding the British.

avk111
06-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Actually it doesn't. I disagree with most of what you said as well (except for the lack of puzzle platforming). I was merely supplementing montagemik's post; that there was injustice on both sides.

He was aware of these things (ex: when he realized that Adams would whitewash what really happened at King's Street and his conversation with Adams about Surry and rich, landed white men). He merely chose what he thought was the lesser of two evils because the Templars were seemingly aiding the British.

Well I think OP didnt have things figured out, the whole reason Connor was aiding the Colonists was for his people, " So that his Cause(GW Cause) will flourish and my people will be free" in terms of Atrocities between regulars and irregulars you have to remember who are the people with the Authority it was the redcoats. The fathers of liberty acted like a rebelion.

As for the post about how Connor realised in the end there is deception, it wasnt as per say deception, he realised that the way he sees freedom is partially different than the Patriots, the main reason GW went after the natives is because they sided with the British, the patriots even thought that Connors Native tribe were involved with this Alliance, what does that imply ?

it implies stereo type and racial classification, Connor version of freedom doesnt include that however the patriots does, which makes them selfish and below the par in terms of thier version of freedom They arent excatly the good guys nor the bad guys , but one thing for sure they were victims of King George.

Thank you :)

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
ok, so if i just push this to the top so that the spam threads will be below, and i do this to every thread on the front page that is below the spams, i can then start bumping the threads on the 2nd page so that the spam is gone.

just doing what i can.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi, please do not bump threads.

This raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. As such it is not allowed and may result in the thread being lost and persistent offenders may have their posting privileges removed.

Megas_Doux
06-23-2013, 07:52 PM
AC3 was a great entry in the series. Issues? Sure. But plenty of positive advances too.

This!