PDA

View Full Version : How do you define an Assassin in AC?

Hans684
06-22-2013, 08:57 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins

1. Stealthy version.
2. The history version.
3. AC version.

Just Curious.

LoyalACFan
06-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure I understand... You mean what qualities make a good Assassin?

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 09:07 AM
An Assassin who belongs to the faction known as the Assassin Order is any one person who proclaims the Creed and adheres to it....What you mean to say is, how do you define the TECHNIQUE of those individuals...

For me, that`d be Altair...

1- Observe
2- Investigate
3- Plan
4- Approach
5- Strike in the open
6- Escape

It`s a combination of History, AC and stealth...because the Historical Hashashin did not escape...that mission is the only one they went on...

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Hashashin were pretty much terrorists.

roostersrule2
06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Hashashin were pretty much terrorists.I'd say terrorists in the AC universe have similar goals to Assassins but are completely different at the same time.

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Actually, I lied. Modern-day terrorists kill innocents.

Hashashin didn't, at least according to wikipedia.

I didn't realize how close to real life Hashashins the Assassins of AC actual were. That's interesting.

LintonMildone
06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
And for Ezio it will be:

1- Observe
2- Investigate? Ezio has too much class to be doing that.
3- Plan? Ain't nobody got time for dat!
4- Approach.....with JAZZ HANDS!!!!!
5- ???
6 -PROFIT!!!
7- RUN LIKE HELL!!!

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Let me just clear something out: FOLLOWERS OF THE ASSASSIN"S CREED ARE NOT YOUR NORMAL MURDERERS, MERCENARIES OR HIRED ASSASSINS. Understood? So you smartasses out there don't go on Wikipedia type out Assassin and come tell me "hurr durr Assassin aren't stealthy hurr durr Wikipedia says". Kapiche?

Here is an assassin for you:
One who stays his flesh from the innocent (apart from exceptions smartasses)
One who hides in plain sight
One who never compromises the brotherhood

Now, assassins have twists according to their culture. Along with Altaiir, Edward is a fine example of an assassin, true to the historical time and the order (eventually). He follows the stealth route and the ways of the assassins and at the same time, he is an assassin during the carribean, so it makes sense for him to have a ship and a crew, proving that he adheres to the history as well. BTW the AC version IS the stealthy version. Don't care if their Spartan, Native American ( I am looking at you Connor, I don't buy into devs's bullock about him being a Gorilla figher therefore no stealth), or Martian. An assassins abides to stealth.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Creed

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
And for Ezio it will be:

1- Observe
5- ???
6 -PROFIT!!!
7- RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Wat?

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Let me just clear something out: FOLLOWERS OF THE ASSASSIN"S CREED ARE NOT YOUR NORMAL MURDERERS, MERCENARIES OR HIRED ASSASSINS. Understood? So you smartasses out there don't go on Wikipedia type out Assassin and come tell me "hurr durr Assassin aren't stealthy hurr durr Wikipedia says". Kapiche?

Here is an assassin for you:
One who stays his flesh from the innocent (apart from exceptions smartasses)
One who hides in plain sight
One who never compromises the brotherhood

Now, assassins have twists according to their culture. Along with Altaiir, Edward is a fine example of an assassin, true to the historical time and the order (eventually). He follows the stealth route and the ways of the assassins and at the same time, he is an assassin during the carribean, so it makes sense for him to have a ship and a crew, proving that he adheres to the history as well. BTW the AC version IS the stealthy version. Don't care if their Spartan, Native American ( I am looking at you Connor, I don't buy into devs's bullock about him being a Gorilla figher therefore no stealth), or Martian. An assassins abides to stealth.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Creed

Err.. you do realize that the stereotypical image of an assassin is a killer who is stealthy and gets his target in one shot? Technically Assassins don't have to be exactly "stealthy."

LintonMildone
06-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Wat? It was a reply to Assassin_M (forgot to press "reply with quote"). Besides that's how AC2 works compared to AC1.

ze_topazio
06-22-2013, 08:44 PM
And for Ezio it will be:

1- Observe
5- ???
6 -PROFIT!!!
7- RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Ezio did investigate, only instead of eavesdropping(which he actually did), pickpocketing, etc..., he gathered information from his various allies and friends, he did planned, his approaching methods were not any different from the ones Altair used, and of course he run, did you want him to stay there and get arrested?

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Ezio did investigate, only instead of eavesdropping(which he actually did), pickpocketing, etc..., he gathered information from his various allies and friends, he did planned, his approaching methods were not any different from the ones Altair used, and of course he run, did you want him to stay there and get arrested?
Ezio: Where is my target?
Antonio: Right there
Ezio: Yehhhh....in.....in-vestigaaaaaa-tion...

Ezio: What do I do?
Teodora: You shoot him with your gun
Ezio: P....P-lanned ma mission

lothario-da-be
06-22-2013, 09:31 PM
My definition of an assassin depends on location and time period.

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 09:33 PM
My definition of an assassin depends on location and time period.
Just say it`s like Assassin_M`s interpretation...that`s the correct one...go on...go on...

ProletariatPleb
06-22-2013, 09:39 PM
If you use the ******ed definition of "person who kills other people hurrr" then that makes AC some generic trash game.

lothario-da-be
06-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Just say it`s like Assassin_M`s interpretation...that`s the correct one...go on...go on...
Assassin-M is wrong i disagree with his interprentation.

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Assassin-M is right, i agree with his interprentation.
Aha..I have my first disciple..

ze_topazio
06-22-2013, 09:43 PM

Come on man, there were missions more complex than that one.

Ezio: P....P-lanned ma mission[/I]

I read this line in my head with Ezio's voice and accent and sounded incredibly smooth. :cool:

lothario-da-be
06-22-2013, 09:45 PM
sh*t, the quote doesn't change when i edit.

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 09:48 PM
sh*t, the quote doesn't change when i edit.
HaaaaaHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW

I read this line in my head with Ezio's voice and accent and sounded incredibly smooth. :cool:
Lol I know xD, I wrote it with Ezio`s voice and accent in mind too :P

Jexx21
06-23-2013, 12:04 AM
If you use the ******ed definition of "person who kills other people hurrr" then that makes AC some generic trash game.
but AC is a generic trash game..

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2013, 12:15 AM
but AC is a generic trash game..
I mean in the sense that if 'Assassin' = any guy who kills people definition is used then every game is Assassin's Creed.

Sigv4rd
06-23-2013, 03:55 AM

Actually it's more like:
Teodora: You should probably go assassinate the Doge?
Ezio: First I must do some investigations...
Teodora: Breasts are not Templars Ezio
Ezio: But they seek control of my mind, they want mankind as their slaves! They are more powerful than the peaces of eden!

LintonMildone
06-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Actually it's more like:
Ezio: But they seek control of my mind, they want mankind as their slaves! They are more powerful than the peaces of eden!
And apparently they can cause one to mispronounce words with homophones.:p

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 05:13 AM
Actually it's more like:

So that's why Ezio was always chasing the ladies. He wasn't a slacker; he was hunting Titplars.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 05:18 AM
So that's why Ezio was always chasing the ladies. He wasn't a slacker; he was hunting Titplars.
those breastards...

LintonMildone
06-23-2013, 05:32 AM

those breastards...
My god! Have we just invented boob jokes?

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 05:44 AM
My god! Have we just invented boob jokes?
Boobrigo Borgia
Uberto Albreasti
Aboulbussoms

Dosenwabe
06-23-2013, 10:17 AM
According to Ubisoft and fans, being an assassin means being an annoying, boobs-addicted jerk with a ridiculous looking monk hood. So Ezio and Edward are the best.

lothario-da-be
06-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Boobrigo Borgia
Uberto Albreasti
Aboulbussoms
lol, Ezio fapditore

avk111
06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
I always thought Assassins looked something like that anime,

Golgo 13

meaning : a suit , a hard look, and a sniper shooting gun.

my first thought when I saw the AC1 back in the days is that this guy look more like a thief.

:P

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
and if we push this to the top...

Spider_Sith9
06-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Assassins are people who suck and should give up because we all know the Templars are right and we should hail our savior Haytham Kenway because he turned half the fanbase into Templar Sheep.

Dunno why Gabe still insists on calling us "Assassins" when we all no longer share his views.

poptartz20
06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
This thread is hilarious.

I would think an assassin would use his surroundings and environment to gather information to the best of his/her abilities then turning around take advantage of the situation to strike when the time deems fit. yet at the same time using situational awareness to get out of there without being detected. If we think about this Altair is the the only one that fits most standards of an assassin.

Ezio=Too flashy

Connor = I'm HERE IN YO' FACE.

I always thought Assassins looked something like that anime,

Golgo 13

meaning : a suit , a hard look, and a sniper shooting gun.

my first thought when I saw the AC1 back in the days is that this guy look more like a thief

:P

So you're basically saying Htman. (relating it to a video game character of today)

montagemik
06-24-2013, 01:09 PM
How do you define an Assassin in AC? :confused:

You give him/her Hidden blades . a Hood (if devs feel like it) & slap on a thick coating of whichever dream setting/scenario the Devs come up with 'This' year .

"Nothing is true - Everything is permitted" .:rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
06-24-2013, 10:37 PM
How do you define an Assassin in AC? :confused:

You give him/her Hidden blades . a Hood (if devs feel like it) & slap on a thick coating of whichever dream setting/scenario the Devs come up with 'This' year .

"Nothing is true - Everything is permitted" .:rolleyes:

No. I don't care about the beak, but the hood is mandatory. Every playable Assassin needs a hood and at least one hidden blade.

This is non-negotiable. It's an icon of the series. That would be like taking away Indiana Jones' bullwhip and fedora :nonchalance:

Jexx21
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
No. I don't care about the beak, but the hood is mandatory. Every playable Assassin needs a hood and at least one hidden blade.

This is non-negotiable. It's an icon of the series. That would be like taking away Indiana Jones' bullwhip and fedora :nonchalance:

Actually, I'd say this: Every playable Assassin needs a hidden blade and a hood and/or a beak. Why? Because Aveline. Plus the beak is very prominent in the series, even Achilles has a beak.

LoyalACFan
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Actually, I'd say this: Every playable Assassin needs a hidden blade and a hood and/or a beak. Why? Because Aveline. Plus the beak is very prominent in the series, even Achilles has a beak.

Nah... IMO the hood's a must. Aveline looks so out of place amongst the other Assassins because of her stupid hat.

I know the hood makes no sense for stealth (or anything, really) but it's really an important visual aspect of the franchise.

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 11:14 PM
The white hood is more like an uniform, it lets the Templars know they're as good as dead if they see one.

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Nah, it's either a beak or a hood.

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Hood makes sense, hidden blades make sense, lip scar on everyone and beaks are ******ed.

I wouldn't say hood is NECESSARY, it's iconic sure but believability is important. It didn't fit Connor's timeperiod for example he stood out in the crowd.

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
that's mostly because they didn't have NPCs wearing hoods -_-

Hoods were actually common then too.

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2013, 07:55 AM
that's mostly because they didn't have NPCs wearing hoods -_-

Hoods were actually common then too.
Then Ubi fracked up because Connor stood out like a gorilla among grey langurs.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Then Ubi fracked up because Connor stood out like a gorilla among grey langurs.
I thought Connor stood out the least after Altair

Bastiaen
06-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Sean is an Assassin. To me, an Assassin is much more about what they believe than what they do. So, for instance, Sean, Rebecca, Bill Miles are all Assassin's, but that ideology doesn't require violence of all of its adherents. An assassin works (and sometimes fights), to preserve the freedom of Humanity. Because of the danger that the Templars pose, the Assassins are often forced into violence in order to protect mankind.
For me, it's much more about their philosophy than how they get the job done. I think it's that way for Ubisoft too.

Bastiaen
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Nah... IMO the hood's a must. Aveline looks so out of place amongst the other Assassins because of her stupid hat.

I know the hood makes no sense for stealth (or anything, really) but it's really an important visual aspect of the franchise.

That's why I often give her the hood they have in the game. Plus white robes.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-25-2013, 05:44 PM
as·sas·sin (-ssn)
n.
1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.(Ezio-Conner-Aveline-etc)
2. Assassin A member of a secret order of Muslims who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders and others.(Altair)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/assassin

Jexx21
06-25-2013, 07:30 PM
actually, Ezio, Connor, Aveline, and the other Assassins would be under the second definition.

Also, Altair wasn't Islamic, he was athiest, although his father was Islamic and his mother Christian.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-25-2013, 08:47 PM
actually, Ezio, Connor, Aveline, and the other Assassins would be under the second definition.

How? Altair was the only one in that time period :confused:

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 11:29 PM
I thought Connor stood out the least after Altair

I'd give that distinction to Ezio's Revelations robes. In terms of blending in the crowd...

ACR>AC3>AC1>AC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACB

Sigv4rd
06-26-2013, 06:08 AM
I'd give that distinction to Ezio's Revelations robes. In terms of blending in the crowd...

ACR>AC3>AC1>AC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACB

I think Desmond blends in the best... He's so bland that know one recognizes him even with wanted posters everywhere :P
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0nsuONcD1rn9zzno1_500.jpg

ProletariatPleb
06-26-2013, 06:11 AM
I think Desmond blends in the best... He's so bland that know one recognizes him even with wanted posters everywhere :P
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0nsuONcD1rn9zzno1_500.jpg
Bahahahahahahahaaa

Sigv4rd
06-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Bahahahahahahahaaa

:cool: Truly though Connor is a master of disguise...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me6m981jV11qc5p3ko1_1280.jpg