PDA

View Full Version : Stall Deck Suggested Nerfs

Emsanity
06-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Thread to rant about OP/irritating stall decks and effective ways to nerf the cards without ruining them

Stone shield, 3R/3Ma Earth spell that prevents all damage dealt to your hero for a turn, when damage would be taken.
Suggestion: cap damage prevention at between 8 and 12

Pao Deathseeker 3R/3Mi 3/0/1 Quick Attack
Suggestion: Add anchored

Altar of Shadows 3R/3F Enemy creatures cannot attack, no other cards can be played this turn
Suggestion: As an added cost, deal 2 damage to your hero

Time Jump: 6R/6Ma Prime Spell - Take another turn after this one (do not gain resources for the additional turn)
Suggestion: As an added cost, deal 9000 damage to your hero (this damage cannot be prevented) :nonchalance:

Feel free to add thoughts or additional cards needing a nerf. (really, an event or neutral fortune that can take out ongoing spells or prevent their casting would go a long way, as many heroes do not have access to dispels and such)

DragoAskani
06-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Your last suggestion is the only good one. There should be a neutral card fortune that can dispell other fortunes. The rest I can't agree with. Stone shield can already be dispelled, pao isn't really an issue, altar is annoying but a fortune that could destroy it would be a fair solution (besides just for haven). Time jump pretty balanced, sometimes you can eek out a surprise win, most times its a win more card.

ManlyMantonio
06-23-2013, 10:46 PM
They could also change Stone Shield into something more akin to damage reduction instead of damage prevention. For instance, the card could read, "Reduce each source of damage by 2 while Stone Shield is active. Stone Shield leaves play after in the turn after it has prevented any damage in this manner." So it would still block little 1-2 damage creatures, but any 3+ damage creatures would leave a mark. As it currently stands, preventing all damage for a turn is much too strong.

In regards to Altar of Shadows, there are a number of changes they could make to it to make it more reasonable. As it stands now, it is much too strong. The easiest change would be to make it unique. A card that prevents your opponent from attacking while you can attack is too strong. Barring it going unique, they could add a cost associated with casting it, such as the hero taking damage (as the poster suggested) or maybe having to discard a card at random. If you have to discard a card at random, you run the risk of the 'wrong' card being discarded and the cost being high. There is some actual risk associated with the very strong reward you get from casting this strong fortune.

Pao Deathseeker needs to not be neutral. I would love to see him be be a Stronghold creature. I mean, look at the drawing. He IS a Stronghold creature that happens to be neutral. He is versatile - too versatile really. He shows up in nearly every deck.

Dubkid
06-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Pao is problem? Play Earth Ground and you win GJ.

MOAHS
06-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Put a few more rules on deck building, Mainly that your deck cannot consist of more than x% of a certain type of card, Creature, Spell, or Fortune. That may Solve most of the OTK/ Stall deck problems.

ManlyMantonio
06-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Whatever the devs do, they can't wait until the next expansion to do it. Every time I play one of those decks it makes me want to quit. This is not the type of thing you can have in a game which is trying to become successful, especially considering there are other options coming soon, such as SolForge and Hex. Once you lose a player, you almost always lose them for good.

DragoAskani
06-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Whatever the devs do, they can't wait until the next expansion to do it. Every time I play one of those decks it makes me want to quit. This is not the type of thing you can have in a game which is trying to become successful, especially considering there are other options coming soon, such as SolForge and Hex. Once you lose a player, you almost always lose them for good.

There are tools to fight them in the game for each faction. They have said they want stall cards to be usable but if it gets where stall decks dominate the meta they will step in. So unless you start playing against over 50% stall decks don't expect them to step in.

atord-Nordos
06-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Necro. With starter hero. Quiet hard, since you don't have prime and there are only a couple of cards which remove/prevent the spells/fortunes (wasteland, Cosmic Realignment, Tower of Oblivion, Cosmic Ballance) and many of these are pretty useless against a non-stall deck...

DragoAskani
06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Necro. With starter hero. Quiet hard, since you don't have prime and there are only a couple of cards which remove/prevent the spells/fortunes (wasteland, Cosmic Realignment, Tower of Oblivion, Cosmic Ballance) and many of these are pretty useless against a non-stall deck...

Sure but if you are playing with the starter hero and a fairly low elo then you shouldn't run into decks that can stall and stall. If you are then they are probably farming.

M0rw47h
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM

The Strength of the Sea solves whole issue, also you can fetch it with peddlers, so you have 5 of them.

Cerrs
06-24-2013, 12:57 PM
The Strength of the Sea solves whole issue, also you can fetch it with peddlers, so you have 5 of them.

Not every hero have water magic.
Maybe they should add some neutral fortune which dispell fortunes or work like strenght of the sea but with additional drawbacks to ballance it neutrality.

Le.Rancord
06-24-2013, 01:15 PM
ICe Shell helps as well

M0rw47h
06-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Not every hero have water magic.
Maybe they should add some neutral fortune which dispell fortunes or work like strenght of the sea but with additional drawbacks to ballance it neutrality.

So?
Why you quote me?
atord-Nordos asked about Seria so I gave him solution.