PDA

View Full Version : Leap of Faith

lasha7716
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM
i think nobody asked this before.We know that at start edward isn't assassins so will he doing leap of faith?

AidenPixxel
06-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Ezio was not an assassin at the beginning of AC2 and could do leap of faith
Haytham is a templar and could do a leap of faith

GreySkellig
06-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Connor also did a leap of faith when he was twelve or sixteen (Can't recall)

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Ziio did a Leap of faith too.....and she was neither Assassin nor Templar..

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Ezio was trained in free running by his brother, who was trained by his father, so the training was Assassin training. Ezio knew the leap of faith because he was being trained to be an Assassin.

Ziio probably helped train Connor in tree-running, and once he fell from that tall branch into the pile of leaves he probably figured out he could do leaps of faith into hay/leaves/whatever

Ziio had interacted with the Assassins before the events of the game, so she may of got the idea from them.

As for Edward, we'll probably be able to do a leap of faith simply because it's a game mechanic that would take to much work to actually take out of the game for a short amount of time.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Ezio was trained in free running by his brother, who was trained by his father, so the training was Assassin training. Ezio knew the leap of faith because he was being trained to be an Assassin.

Ziio probably helped train Connor in tree-running, and once he fell from that tall branch into the pile of leaves he probably figured out he could do leaps of faith into hay/leaves/whatever

Ziio had interacted with the Assassins before the events of the game, so she may of got the idea from them.

As for Edward, we'll probably be able to do a leap of faith simply because it's a game mechanic that would take to much work to actually take out of the game for a short amount of time.
What about Haytham?

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Haytham had Assassin training from 4 years old.

Didn't you read Forsaken?

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Haytham had Assassin training from 4 years old.

Didn't you read Forsaken?
I did...it talked extensively about his training...t`was only combat...eh, maybe it was off-text when he learned a leap of faith

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
They rarely talked about the "odd" and more gameplay-related aspects of being Assassin, such as free-running, leaps of faith, and Eagle Vision.

They did however cover the TWCB stuff.

pacmanate
06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Lets face it, how hard is it to forward roll in the air.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 11:53 PM
It's not hard to do that. But landing without killing yourself...

shobhit7777777
06-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Seriously?

Nevermind the fact that your Assassin curriculum includes "How to swan dive off buildings and into haystacks...because **** physics! 101" but if that is something a prospective Assassin recruit needs to be "Taught" then I seriously suggest overhauling and reviewing HR dept. and recruitment critera.

Ravan's 7th Head!

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 02:09 AM
I hope there is a funny moment in the game where Edward and a fellow Assassin are being chased and have no choice but to perform a leap of faith.

Assassin: "Jump!"

Edward: "Are you mental?"

Assassin: "GO!!!"

And thats when he first learns how to do a leap of faith.

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 02:10 AM
I hope there is a funny moment in the game where Edward and a fellow Assassin are being chased and have no choice but to perform a leap of faith.

Edward: "Are you mental, lad?*"

I have a feeling that "lad/s" will be the new "what would you have me do?"

AC2_alex
06-22-2013, 02:15 AM
I have a feeling that "lad/s" will be the new "what would you have me do?"

hahaha! "Adewale, go kick that guy's arse, lad."

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 02:15 AM

Edward: "Are you mental, lad?"

Holy crap I would actually love this.

Moultonborough
06-22-2013, 02:34 AM

This.^
Don't care what the game is like as long that is part of it. Instant 10 for me. Anyway, yes Edward will be able to do a "Leap of Faith". Just like others have said Ezio and Connor could both do it before they were Assassins why would it be so hard for Edward? Besides, as a pirate I'm sure he's had to climb the mast before(like in the E3 gameplay) so it wouldn't be a stretch to make him jump off a mast. It's a staple of the series it's not going anywhere soon.

roostersrule2
06-22-2013, 02:35 AM
There was also a LOF in one of the trailers.

poptartz20
06-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Maybe a leap of faith is just one of those thing like once you've seen it done Everybody can do it... Like Drugs.

Then again I have no idea. It really does seem to be one of those dime a dozen things. Thinking about it assassins creed really couldn't do to much modern days wise anyways because there are no haystacks.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqao5tTfwO1qdfxm0.gif

#2 out 25

Kit572
06-22-2013, 03:44 AM

Ubisoft, make this.

pacmanate
06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
It's not hard to do that. But landing without killing yourself...

Connor seemed to be able to leap of faith into twigs without impaling himself :| Now that I think about it.

He is a weirdo.

Sigv4rd
06-23-2013, 04:38 AM

Only if Edward takes a swig of rum first :)

AdamPearce
06-23-2013, 07:27 AM
I personally doesn't like the new leap of faith. I like the new Viewpoint cinematic, wich is actually way more realistic that the old ones. but the jump...meeeeh.

But I guess we will dive before leap. But I would definetly LOVE funny cinematics stuff. Would change a bit from the constant serious and dramatic.

avk111
06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
You gotta hand desmond some credit though,

I actually thought the idea of the leap of faith in the modern world cool though.

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:05 PM
bump (it's for a good cause, trust me.)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi, please do not bump threads.

This raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. As such it is not allowed and may result in the thread being lost and persistent offenders may have their posting privileges removed.